What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official "Ultimate Survivor" Thread (1 Viewer)

As for the Schedule for this week, any idea on when the leagues and drafting times will be announced?
Will have all of the info out tomorrow morning.
Let me once again recommend 4 distinct draft times and allow everyone to select the best time for them. Also, allow everyone access to see how the prior drafts went, as that information would be quite valuable. I assume each league is once again only competing within its own league, so that information won't provide any benefit to the last drafting league provided everyone in the league has access to it. Looking forward to the next round!
I agree. Maybe even on different days to help wiith drafting on short notice.

I believe the plan is to have 2 drafts on Friday night and 2 drafts on Saturday night, but I am not sure as to how people will be assigned to which leagues/drafts.

I believe the plan is to have 2 drafts on Friday night and 2 drafts on Saturday night, but I am not sure as to how people will be assigned to which leagues/drafts.
Hope not because I can't make Saturday. ;)
That's awful. If only there were another night you could draft.
:( I seem to recall Gray saying that you would be assigned a league and would have to draft whenever you were assigned to draft. So by that logic, I have a 50% chance of being assigned to a Friday league and a 50% chance of being assigned to a Saturday league. Not great odds.

Hope not because I can't make Saturday. :unsure:
:thumbup: I seem to recall Gray saying that you would be assigned a league and would have to draft whenever you were assigned to draft. So by that logic, I have a 50% chance of being assigned to a Friday league and a 50% chance of being assigned to a Saturday league. Not great odds.
Odds you draw Friday night vs. odds any of the people left in this thing are having sex Friday or Saturday night: I'll take my chances with your drawing Friday night.

Hope not because I can't make Saturday. :unsure:
:thumbup: I seem to recall Gray saying that you would be assigned a league and would have to draft whenever you were assigned to draft. So by that logic, I have a 50% chance of being assigned to a Friday league and a 50% chance of being assigned to a Saturday league. Not great odds.
Odds you draw Friday night vs. odds any of the people left in this thing are having sex Friday or Saturday night: I'll take my chances with your drawing Friday night.
Wait, I didn't see that Idiot Boxer was still alive. I'd like to withdraw that statement. I hear women flock to IB like stand-up comedians to an unemployment line.

Can we maybe get a Thursday or Wednesday option as well?

I have plans this weekend and I don't think I'll be able to make Friday or Saturday.

Hope not because I can't make Saturday. :(
:bye: I seem to recall Gray saying that you would be assigned a league and would have to draft whenever you were assigned to draft. So by that logic, I have a 50% chance of being assigned to a Friday league and a 50% chance of being assigned to a Saturday league. Not great odds.
Well, at least I have some excuse. My wife is 6 months pregnant. What's your excuse?

Saturday night would be preferable for me. My kids have a karate tournament on Friday night.

And if they don't win then it's open season on them and me. :bye:

:( I seem to recall Gray saying that you would be assigned a league and would have to draft whenever you were assigned to draft. So by that logic, I have a 50% chance of being assigned to a Friday league and a 50% chance of being assigned to a Saturday league. Not great odds.
Wait, I didn't see that Idiot Boxer was still alive. I'd like to withdraw that statement. I hear women flock to IB like stand-up comedians to an unemployment line.
:bye:

:bye: I seem to recall Gray saying that you would be assigned a league and would have to draft whenever you were assigned to draft. So by that logic, I have a 50% chance of being assigned to a Friday league and a 50% chance of being assigned to a Saturday league. Not great odds.
Well, at least I have some excuse. My wife is 6 months pregnant. What's your excuse?
Marriage

Marriage
LOL, so true.

Well, I'm willing to help out whoever needs to switch. Either night is good for me.

I hope this works out for all who have earned a second round spot. Good luck.

Trying to get back to scheduling...

There are at least two of us hoping for a weeknight. Off chance I can do early (6-9) Friday.

There's really no reason we can't have at least one league that starts drafting pretty much immediately and doing the thing with a timelimit.

Trying to get back to scheduling...There are at least two of us hoping for a weeknight. Off chance I can do early (6-9) Friday.There's really no reason we can't have at least one league that starts drafting pretty much immediately and doing the thing with a timelimit.
You're always so serious.

Well, I'm willing to help out whoever needs to switch. Either night is good for me. I hope this works out for all who have earned a second round spot. Good luck.
LIke this. I am willing to do whatever helps the rest of the guys out. Being a filler at the last second, I feel lucky to be here.

Friday night is almost impossible for me. It is my son's last game of fall baseball (won't be over until 9:15pm CT) and the team is going out for pizza afterwards.

Sat night is doable for me.

I'm pretty flexible if someone needs to move times/trade spots.

BUT...Do we even know the format/scoring rules for round 2??????? Will all four leagues be the same????????

Trying to get back to scheduling...There are at least two of us hoping for a weeknight. Off chance I can do early (6-9) Friday.There's really no reason we can't have at least one league that starts drafting pretty much immediately and doing the thing with a timelimit.
Make that 3. Friday is out for me. Saturday would be tough. Tonight, Wednesday or Thursday would be perfect.

If that's the case I must let you know I work weeknights so Friday night would be pretty much impossible for me,Saturday night would work very well however. Just puttin' my 2 cents in.

I'm pretty flexible if someone needs to move times/trade spots.BUT...Do we even know the format/scoring rules for round 2??????? Will all four leagues be the same????????
IIRC, all 4 leagues will be best ball, PPR scoring.
Can someone explain the Best Ball format to me?
It's like you play every other owner each week. So, if you are in a 12 team league and score the most points for Week 6, your record that week is 11-0. The team that scores the 2nd most points that week is 10-1 ... all the way down to the team with the fewest points that week, who gets an 0-11 record. You do this for every week.

I'm pretty flexible if someone needs to move times/trade spots.BUT...Do we even know the format/scoring rules for round 2??????? Will all four leagues be the same????????
It's like you play every other owner each week. So, if you are in a 12 team league and score the most points for Week 6, your record that week is 11-0. The team that scores the 2nd most points that week is 10-1 ... all the way down to the team with the fewest points that week, who gets an 0-11 record. You do this for every week.
Ah. Pretty cool. :lmao:

Ah. Pretty cool. :pokey:
I'm actually trying to convince one of my leagues to switch over to this plan. The guy with the most points by far this season is sitting at 4-1 with his only loss a 2pt loss to the only team that could have beaten him that week. He is sold on the concept.

Ah. Pretty cool. :thumbup:
I'm actually trying to convince one of my leagues to switch over to this plan. The guy with the most points by far this season is sitting at 4-1 with his only loss a 2pt loss to the only team that could have beaten him that week. He is sold on the concept.
It's a pretty solid format. This is my first time using it and I've really enjoyed it. It's nice too that you don't have to worry about choosing who to start.

Friday night is almost impossible for me. It is my son's last game of fall baseball (won't be over until 9:15pm CT) and the team is going out for pizza afterwards.

Sat night is doable for me.
We can probably work something out to switch if need be. I haven't looked at what the wife's plans are this weekend yet, but I can likely make myself available either night.

Best Ball = Lineup is fielded by your best possible lineup each week. If you have 3 qbs and they each score 20, 15 and 10 respectively, the QB that scored 20 will be in your weekly lineup.

All play record = Playing each team in your league each week, so in a 12 team league you can go 11-0.

Schedule -

Wednesday night - (anytime after 9pm est)

Thursday night - (anytime after 7pm est)

Friday night - (anytime after 9pm est)

Saturday - not available.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what % of the staffers made it thru?

I remember hearing how most people felt they dominated our League 1 draft.

So what % of the staffers made it thru?I remember hearing how most people felt they dominated our League 1 draft.
13 of 24 staffers advanced (54%):Dodds, Bramel, Norton, Baker, Yudkin, Gray, Wood, Faletti, Haseley, Rudnicki, Tefertiller, Herman, Hicks)35 of 96 non-staffers advanced (36%).

So what % of the staffers made it thru?I remember hearing how most people felt they dominated our League 1 draft.
13 of 24 staffers advanced (54%):Dodds, Bramel, Norton, Baker, Yudkin, Gray, Wood, Faletti, Haseley, Rudnicki, Tefertiller, Herman, Hicks)35 of 96 non-staffers advanced (36%).
Aaah... looks like they did pretty good.. except in League 1, where they went 0-2.. BOO YAH!!!

It's actually 35 of 120, isn't David (29%)? I think all 12 leagues had 12 participants each.At least one staff entry advanced from 10 of the 12 leagues. We'll see how Leg 2 goes. :lmao:

It's actually 35 of 120, isn't David (29%)? I think all 12 leagues had 12 participants each.At least one staff entry advanced from 10 of the 12 leagues. We'll see how Leg 2 goes. :lmao:
Yep. Forgot that there were 12 leagues so your math is right. That;s why I'm not a mathematician.

If that's the case I must let you know I work weeknights so Friday night would be pretty much impossible for me,Saturday night would work very well however. Just puttin' my 2 cents in.
...and I'll add Saturday morning to saturday night,either early saturday or late Saturday,sorry 'bout that,if you coulda' picked one week that would the toughest for me,this is it,last minute obligations are piling up,but we'll see what shakes out.

Email has been sent out to the participants:

Drafts are Friday and Saturday. 6:00 PM Eastern and 9:00 PM Eastern on each day. If there is a day/time that people absolutely can not make, please let Clayton Gray know immediately.

From the e-mail:

Specifically, you have a draft on Friday or Saturday. We will have a draft at 6:00 PM Eastern and 9:00 PM Eastern on each day. If there is a day/time that you absolutely can not make, please let me know immediately.
Is this absolutely set in stone?I have a 7:40 PST flight on Friday. It's my mom's birthday this weekend and I'll be spending time with family. There are two other posters who have also said that Friday and Saturday will be problematic for them. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple more who feel the same way, but haven't spoken up yet. It doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble to do a Thursday draft if we can find 12 who agree to it.

From the e-mail:

Specifically, you have a draft on Friday or Saturday. We will have a draft at 6:00 PM Eastern and 9:00 PM Eastern on each day. If there is a day/time that you absolutely can not make, please let me know immediately.
Is this absolutely set in stone?I have a 7:40 PST flight on Friday. It's my mom's birthday this weekend and I'll be spending time with family. There are two other posts who have also said that Friday and Saturday will be problematic for them. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple more who feel the same way, but haven't spoken up yet. It doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble doing a Thursday draft if we can find 12 who agree to it.
or, as soon as leagues are established, start drafting immediately with reasonable time limits. If not finished by the established draft time, then it can be finished live at that time.It is over a few days. Is the hesitation due to some perceived advantage that might be had by waiting until later in the week? Will someone who picks Westbrook on Tuesday really know much more on Friday?

If you made it to Round 2, please check your e-mail as soon as possible. I'll do my best to get everyone in a league, but coordinating 48 people to draft in 3-4 days is a pretty big task.

Users who are viewing this thread