What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Washington Redskins 2013 Offseason Thread (3 Viewers)

Sounds like Orakpo, Meriweather, Wilson, Stallworth and Barnett will not play tonight.

Alfred Morris is supposed to get some PT.

Post-game observations from Keim and Campbell.

Pass rush looked much improved, even without Orakpo on the field. Cofield looked great and Brandon Jenkins and Darryl Tapp look like fantastic backups/role players behind Kerrigan and Orakpo.

Hankerson and Robinson looking better, especially as #4 and 5 WRs. The WR corp doesn't necessarily have that elite #1 but I like what is there.

The rookie DBs are still on the wrong side of the learning curve. That's to be expected at this point, but time is running out until the games actually matter.

Hopefully the injuries from last night aren't serious.

Mike Shanahan's post-game comments re: Dr. Andrews' evaluation of RGIII:

“I did talk with Dr. Andrews before the game. He feels great about Robert’s progress. He really feels the same way as he did before camp. At practice, he feels good about him practicing. He didn’t feel like we should put him in any games. He’s going to re-evaluate him after the Tampa game [on Aug. 29], and then he’ll make a decision—at least from his perspective, where he’s at. But like I said, he feels very good where he’s at at this time. If there’s no setbacks, he thinks we’ll be ready. But that’s assuming there is no setback here over the next couple weeks. So that’s a good sign.”

I didn't see the first half, so it was good to read Keim say they got pressure with a 4-man rush. Listening on the radio, I could hear they were creating a lot of pressure, but it wasn't clear how they were doing it. Decent NFL defenses should get good pressure without blitzing against that Pitt OL.

Hey there, fellow 'skinsheads!

FYI - If anyone is into some local Fantasy Football with a solid group of fellow fbg's, we've got a great League going into it's 6th year...

Cheap: Between the League and the Draft Party, less than $100...and it's a solid party, at a restaurant owned by two of my close friends in Olney, MD (Grillmarx), decent vittles and a nice selection of draft beers included...

Auction: Best kind of Draft, and we use the Fat Box Software so it flows smoothly and quickly...not long and drawn out...

Former WCOFF Scoring and Maximizes Lineups - no need to agonize over weekly lineup decisions...

We're at 12, which is fine, but we're always looking to get up to 16.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=681392

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the Preseason and no reason to get too excited, of course, but I really like what I'm seeing from the pass rush. For the most part, guys are just winning one-on-one battles and getting pressure.

Also, Helu is looking healthy and running well.

the defense is looking VERY good.

You know the difference in both talent and depth on this team when compared to the Vinny Cerrato years is just mind boggling.

the defense is looking VERY good.

You know the difference in both talent and depth on this team when compared to the Vinny Cerrato years is just mind boggling.
I really like how Shanahan/Allen are building the team. They are using draft picks and selecting players that actually develop into football players.

On the radio this morning, Doc Walker was saying how well Tom Compton was doing and that he may be a hidden gem of last years draft. All indication are that Compton is the backup LT and they are looking at no one else. Adam Gettis has had good reviews too. Wtih RGIII, Cousins, and Morris, the 2012 Redskins draft could be one of the all time great drafts.

I do too. They actually know how to scout talent, they understand you don't give big contracts to over the hill vets, and they aren't making stupid trades. Why didn't someone kidnap Vinny and drop him on a remote island a decade ago?? Can you imagine how much that would have helped the franchise?!?

Hey there, fellow 'skinsheads!

FYI - If anyone is into some local Fantasy Football with a solid group of fellow fbg's, we've got a great League going into it's 6th year...

Cheap: Between the League and the Draft Party, less than $100...and it's a solid party, at a restaurant owned by two of my close friends in Olney, MD (Grillmarx), decent vittles and a nice selection of draft beers included...

Auction: Best kind of Draft, and we use the Fat Box Software so it flows smoothly and quickly...not long and drawn out...

Former WCOFF Scoring and Maximizes Lineups - no need to agonize over weekly lineup decisions...

We're at 12, which is fine, but we're always looking to get up to 16.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=681392
Guys, we're still looking for a few good men - Sunday, September 1st, live draft at Olney, MD restaurant Grillmarx, noonish. This is a great League, the Draft(Auction) Party is a great time (Using the Fat Box really makes it flow smoothly and efficiently - it's run though a computer and projector and everyone has a clicker), and it's very reasonable (less than $100 between the League and Draft Party - if you've never done Auction before, it's a cheap way to give it a try), plus it's a live, local Draft, with fellow fbg's...

Cornhole and competition - a dynamic duo if I ever heard one. Come on, now...

From PFT:

Redskins make 10 roster movesPosted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Promoted by the Navy to lieutenant in June, fullback Eric Kettani has now been demoted by the Redskins.

Kettani was one of five non-vested veterans waived by the team on Monday, as part of 10 total roster moves.

Also waived were linebacker Ricky Elmore, kicker John Potter, receiver Chip Reeves, and linebacker Quan Sturdivant. Veteran receiver Donte’ Stallworth, who entered the league as a first-round pick in 2002, had his contract terminated.

The team also placed linebacker Keenan Robinson and safety Phillip Thomas on injured reserve, and waived-injured cornerback Richard Crawford and linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough.

Here’s the part where we mention every team must have the roster down to 75 by Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.
Sounds like Richard Crawford was waived, which I think is a big surprise.

A list of transactions from the past couple of days to get down to 75 (from CBS Sports):

8/27 Roddrick Muckelroy LB cut

8/27 Ryan Mouton CB Placed on IR, hamstring
8/27 Richard Crawford CB Placed on IR, knee
8/27 Jeremy Kimbrough LB Placed on IR, undisclosed
8/27 Jeremy Trueblood T cut
8/27 Jacolby Ashworth T cut
8/26 Keenan Robinson LB Placed on IR, torn left pectoral
8/26 Ricky Elmore LB cut
8/26 Phillip Thomas S Placed on IR, torn left Lisfranc ligament
8/26 Donte' Stallworth WR cut
8/26 Quan Sturdivant LB cut
8/26 Chip Reeves WR cut
8/26 John Potter K cut
8/26 Eric Kettani RB cut

They also placed Carriker on the inactive/PUP list.

Pat White to play the entire final preseason game, barring injury.

Most of the starters are scheduled to sit out. Brandon Meriweather is probably most the notable exclusion to that. He gets his first game action since his brief cameo last season.

The offensive players sitting out: Alfred Morris, Roy Helu, Darrel Young, Kirk Cousins, Robert Griffin, Aldrick Robinson, Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss, Chris Chester, Tyler Polumbus, Will Montgomery, Trent Williams and Kory Lichtensteiger.

The defensive players who will simply watch: Brian Orakpo, Barry Cofield, Ryan Kerrigan, Perry Riley, London Fletcher, Reed Doughty, Stephen Bowen, Kedric Goston and DeAngelo Hall.

What does this imply? That he's competing for a roster spot or that they are doing him a solid and allowing him to showcase himself for another team?
From what I'm reading, and/or reading between the lines, it's the latter. White is more exciting to a fan because he can run the read/option and Grossman can't, but by all accounts (ok, mostly just by Keim's accounts) Grossman is still a much better passer than White. And it's really more important to be able to pass out of the read/option (along with every other play in the playbook) than it is to run. Otherwise, it's just the Wildcat all over again. The coaching staff seems to have far more confidence in Grossman as a #3 QB than they do White, which is probably very accurate.

Griffin tweets that he's been cleared for Week 1.

ETA: Shanahan mentioned in post-game presser that Andrews had a "couple of concerns" but cleared him. Shanahan said he and Griffin would talk over the weekend and will not name a starter until Monday.

What does this imply? That he's competing for a roster spot or that they are doing him a solid and allowing him to showcase himself for another team?
From what I'm reading, and/or reading between the lines, it's the latter. White is more exciting to a fan because he can run the read/option and Grossman can't, but by all accounts (ok, mostly just by Keim's accounts) Grossman is still a much better passer than White. And it's really more important to be able to pass out of the read/option (along with every other play in the playbook) than it is to run. Otherwise, it's just the Wildcat all over again. The coaching staff seems to have far more confidence in Grossman as a #3 QB than they do White, which is probably very accurate.
Does anyone know if Pat White is eligible for he practice squad? It looks like he has only played one year in the NFL.

'Skins moves to get to 53 (from Rich Tandler). The summary: Mo Hurt put on in-season PUP; Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins suspended; released OT Tony Pashos, OT Xavier Nixon, DE Chigbo Anunoby, OLB Vic So'oto, CB Chase Minnifield, RB Keiland Williams, TE Emmanuel Ogbuehi, DE Dominique Hamilton, WR Skye Dawson, WR Lance Lewis , S DeJon Gomes, OL Tevita Stevens, DL Ron Brace, RB Jawan Jamison, WR Nick Williams, OL Kevin Matthews, ILB Will Compton, ILB Marin Burdette and WR Dezmon Briscoe.

Marvelous said:
Does anyone know if Pat White is eligible for he practice squad? It looks like he has only played one year in the NFL.
No, he's not eligible. But, he made the final 53.

• A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
  • If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
  • A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
  • Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times.

bummed they cut Minnifield. Still scratching my head at keeping White. Dude was unemployed for the last couple of seasons. No team was going to claim him and he could have been brought back with one phone call.

Users who are viewing this thread