What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official Week 8 Waiver Wire ** (1 Viewer)

Benson has upside for Weeks 14-16 when leagues are decided. A lot of FF superbowl rosters in redrafts look pretty bad by the time the Superbowl is actually played. Rosters usually freeze around Week 11 or 12. Thats 4 or 5 more weeks worth of injuries and whatnot until the FF superbowl.Benson can be had for virtually nothing and it gets pretty bad after Houston this week with the next 4 being Jax, Phi, @ Pit, Bal. So he is not going to help you get to the playoffs.But stash him as a RB5, then if injuries hit while your roster is frozen, you have a starting RB (that has looked at least serviceable if you can stomach watching Cincy) playing wk 14 at Indy and Week 16 at Cleveland.Stranger options have helped teams win FF superbowls.
I've had Benson on my bench for a few weeks now. I will probably play him this week due to bye issues. My expectations couldn't be any lower and so far what I have seen is slightly impressive...again factor in the very low expectations but he looks a hell of a lot better than Perry has. Hoping the matchup this week will make him a decent replacement.

Ryan Fitzpatrick makes a great one-week play this Sunday against the Texans for Cutler or Rodgers owners. I expect about 240 and 2 TDs. He shredded the Texans back in 2005 when he played with the Rams.

For those with a kicker on a bye week, this guy may be under people's radar at the moment...

Josh Brown

In the last two games, he's attempted 7 FGs, and made 6 of them. He can kick them from a distance - in those games, he's gone 2-2 from 40-49 yards and 2-3 from 50+.

For the season, he is 4-4 from 40-49 yards and 4-6 from 50+.

The Ram's moved the ball well against Dallas, and may be able to continue that against New England. Even if they don't march up and down the field, they may be able to move the ball well enough to provide Brown with some opportunities (like Matt Stover with the Ravens from several years ago).

For those with a kicker on a bye week, this guy may be under people's radar at the moment...

Josh Brown

In the last two games, he's attempted 7 FGs, and made 6 of them. He can kick them from a distance - in those games, he's gone 2-2 from 40-49 yards and 2-3 from 50+.

For the season, he is 4-4 from 40-49 yards and 4-6 from 50+.

The Ram's moved the ball well against Dallas, and may be able to continue that against New England. Even if they don't march up and down the field, they may be able to move the ball well enough to provide Brown with some opportunities (like Matt Stover with the Ravens from several years ago).
I need a kicker good call... I was thinking about Janiowski but will also consider Brown

Lobary said:
Ryan Fitzpatrick makes a great one-week play this Sunday against the Texans for Cutler or Rodgers owners. I expect about 240 and 2 TDs. He shredded the Texans back in 2005 when he played with the Rams.
Uh...CIN is on bye this week. They play the Texans week 10

Lobary said:
The Bengals aren't on a bye this week. They took over Baltimore's bye so Baltimore and Houston could play each other in week 10, since their original game was postponed because of the Hurricane.

everyone keeps talkin green-ellis but why. you think he'd be worth a start this week? is his value in garbage time? you think he'll get 10+ carries?

i like the guy and im in a pinch this weekend, but dont think id start him in a flex spot over bryant.

Looks like there is a lot to choose from this week on the wire. Please try to keep the "Can I play in your league?" comments to a minimum.

Mewelde Moore - 20/120/2, 5 Rec/14/1

Outstanding work filling in for FWP. Will FWP be back next week, or is his knee issue more serious than originally thought?

Mike Furrey - 6/89

Will we see a return to the Furrey of 2006?

Javon Walker - 5/75/1

Is the passing game finally starting to come around, or is this just a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut?

Ahman Green - 14/62/1, 1 Rec/3

Has Green returned from oblivion to become a potential bye-week starter?

Aaron Stecker - 2/10, 1 Rec/5 and Pierre Thomas - 1/2

With Bush out, will one of these two take the majority of Bush's carries, or will it become a 3-headed monster between McAllister/Stecker/Thomas?

Josh Morgan - 5/86/1

Will he emerge as the SF WR to own, or was this just his week?

Donnie Avery - 5/65/1, 1 Rush/7

Fantasy-wise, is Avery the St. Louis WR to own rather than Holt?

Cedric Benson - 14/52, 1 Rec/10

A starting RB is a starting RB, even on a team as bad as this. Will Watson eventually work into the mix?

Malcolm Floyd - 4/65/1

Will he be worth anything once Chambers is healthy?
Of this list, I think M. Moore is a good pickup, especially since Parker could reinjure at any time and he's done very well in his absence.I really like D. Avery. He had a td called back, and Bulger missed him on what would have been a 70 yd td. So, very realistically he could have had 3 tds and over 150 yds receiving. He was WIDE open on the play Bulger missed him on. The Rams are difinetly trying to get him the ball.

Benson looked pretty good vs a tough Steelers defense. I think he's running with an attitude.

Morgan has taken over for BJ, who was largely ineffective. He is explosive, but will probably have games where he lays an egg and then some where he goes nuts. Good luck trying to figure that out. Reminds me of Lee Evans (until this year.)

Morgan has taken over for BJ, who was largely ineffective. He is explosive, but will probably have games where he lays an egg and then some where he goes nuts. Good luck trying to figure that out. Reminds me of Lee Evans (until this year.)
How can you say Morgan is inconsistent when he's started one game in his career?

From KFFL blog:

The Raiders receiver finally seen was Javon Walker. He had five receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown.

Fantasy Tip: The team is going to look toward Walker as they're paying him to post numbers. He's on some waiver wires, so grab him if you can. He could make a solid injury or bye week fill-in.

Nobody mentioned him after the first post. Could this guy be a 2nd half stud?

I really like D. Avery. He had a td called back, and Bulger missed him on what would have been a 70 yd td. So, very realistically he could have had 3 tds and over 150 yds receiving. He was WIDE open on the play Bulger missed him on. The Rams are difinetly trying to get him the ball.
I would agree. Avery's good day could've VERY easily turned into a great day last week. But I worry that with SJax banged up, defenses will be able to really pin their ears back on the passing game?

Looks like there is a lot to choose from this week on the wire. Please try to keep the "Can I play in your league?" comments to a minimum.

Mewelde Moore - 20/120/2, 5 Rec/14/1

Outstanding work filling in for FWP. Will FWP be back next week, or is his knee issue more serious than originally thought?

Mike Furrey - 6/89

Will we see a return to the Furrey of 2006?

Javon Walker - 5/75/1

Is the passing game finally starting to come around, or is this just a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut?

Ahman Green - 14/62/1, 1 Rec/3

Has Green returned from oblivion to become a potential bye-week starter?

Aaron Stecker - 2/10, 1 Rec/5 and Pierre Thomas - 1/2

With Bush out, will one of these two take the majority of Bush's carries, or will it become a 3-headed monster between McAllister/Stecker/Thomas?

Josh Morgan - 5/86/1

Will he emerge as the SF WR to own, or was this just his week?

Donnie Avery - 5/65/1, 1 Rush/7

Fantasy-wise, is Avery the St. Louis WR to own rather than Holt?

Cedric Benson - 14/52, 1 Rec/10

A starting RB is a starting RB, even on a team as bad as this. Will Watson eventually work into the mix?

Malcolm Floyd - 4/65/1

Will he be worth anything once Chambers is healthy?
Of this list, I think M. Moore is a good pickup, especially since Parker could reinjure at any time and he's done very well in his absence.I really like D. Avery. He had a td called back, and Bulger missed him on what would have been a 70 yd td. So, very realistically he could have had 3 tds and over 150 yds receiving. He was WIDE open on the play Bulger missed him on. The Rams are difinetly trying to get him the ball.

Benson looked pretty good vs a tough Steelers defense. I think he's running with an attitude.

Moore shouldnt be on ANY WW. in fact he shouldnt have bee on the WW before last week.

I really like D. Avery. He had a td called back, and Bulger missed him on what would have been a 70 yd td. So, very realistically he could have had 3 tds and over 150 yds receiving. He was WIDE open on the play Bulger missed him on. The Rams are difinetly trying to get him the ball.
I would agree. Avery's good day could've VERY easily turned into a great day last week. But I worry that with SJax banged up, defenses will be able to really pin their ears back on the passing game?
From what I've read Steven is fine. As fantasy owners I think we tend to overreact to injuries. All of these guys are banged up right now. They slam into other people at full speed for a living.The Rams passing game hasn't been consistent. I'd worry about that, if anything.

From KFFL blog:

The Raiders receiver finally seen was Javon Walker. He had five receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown.

Fantasy Tip: The team is going to look toward Walker as they're paying him to post numbers. He's on some waiver wires, so grab him if you can. He could make a solid injury or bye week fill-in.

Nobody mentioned him after the first post. Could this guy be a 2nd half stud?
Stud? No.Serviceable WR2 is his high side, IMO, but still could be a good pick up for down the stretch.

The Bengals aren't on a bye this week. They took over Baltimore's bye so Baltimore and Houston could play each other in week 10, since their original game was postponed because of the Hurricane.
Good call...I forgot all about that...I need to print up a new schedule grid. :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread