What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official Westworld Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

Shes not naked with Bernard because he humanizes them and Ford on the other hand sees them for what they are, robots with no feelings.
I think that's why she remains clothed with Bernard, because he's a bot, too. He sees her as an equal so he keeps her clothed.

Also, because he's being sneaky and getting n00d takes time

Great episode. 

The parallels to Jurassic Park are there.... I got the same kind of giddiness with everything going wrong as I did when I was younger seeing Nedry screw around with the Dino enclosures. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So we have two things going on

1. Corporate Espionage by Teresa

2. Arnold building Fords family for him and no one knowing for 30 years.

What is Teresa's angle (in before Tanner says I wish there were more episodes to explain it). Is she trying to smuggle things out to start a new type of park, or to close this one

Also, looks like Mave is trying to become the alpha robot. It will be interesting to see where that goes. And note to the Asian guy, please dont dress her up anymore, k, thx

Yeah. Two timelines clearly the logical leader in the clubhouse at this point.
FYI, the old \V logo was on the old computer in the basement when Bernard went down there.

They're not showing us these two logos as a mistake, or to mislead us.  There are (at least) two time periods being shown, and William's story is happening well before the MiB story.  Denying that is sticking your head in the sand.

So we have two things going on

1. Corporate Espionage by Teresa

2. Arnold building Fords family for him and no one knowing for 30 years.

What is Teresa's angle (in before Tanner says I wish there were more episodes to explain it). Is she trying to smuggle things out to start a new type of park, or to close this one

Also, looks like Mave is trying to become the alpha robot. It will be interesting to see where that goes. And note to the Asian guy, please dont dress her up anymore, k, thx
I doubt Teresa ends up being the person committing espionage. I'm sure we'll find out later it's someone else. 

I was so looking forward to this show...so disappointed 

Does this show see a season 2. ?.....or cancel this now.

The Buzz is gone, it's all over the place.

The Walking Dead 17 Million viewers....Westworld 1.7 Million

I'm not drinking the J.J. Abrams Kool-aid.

Next.

How about some Brawndo?

The part about Theresa may go back to something she said to the narrative guy in episode 1 or 2 - Guests see the park one way, the board another way, and Management still another.

Seems like there could be three competing goals for the future of the Bots.

Any chance Ford = Arnold?

FYI, the old \V logo was on the old computer in the basement when Bernard went down there.

They're not showing us these two logos as a mistake, or to mislead us.  There are (at least) two time periods being shown, and William's story is happening well before the MiB story.  Denying that is sticking your head in the sand.
Noticed that too. And William's host was in the ad that Mave watched with her in the previous build. 

They're not showing us these two logos as a mistake, or to mislead us.  
The earlier poster theory about HBO forgetting to update the logo was solid I thought...oh well.

Ok I missed it as I was falling asleep.  Near the end - why did ####### white guy continue to keep going with upgrading Mave?

She promised him something?  

That didn't make snese

Ok I missed it as I was falling asleep.  Near the end - why did ####### white guy continue to keep going with upgrading Mave?

She promised him something?  

That didn't make snese
She blackmailed him, since she can remember she knows that he runs a brothel of sorts for guys to get their jollies off with the hosts while they're "in the shop".

She blackmailed him, since she can remember she knows that he runs a brothel of sorts for guys to get their jollies off with the hosts while they're "in the shop".
Yea but so what?  Shut her down and say something is wrong. Why do butchers have that computer anyway?

I think it's pretty interesting how differently Dolores and Maeve are going through this "awakening". At first it seemed like Dolores was going to be the "one", but Maeve is developing at light speed.

I wonder if they are meant to parallel each other just like Ford/Arnold. Dolores being the more innocent and optimistic one and Maeve the cold calculated killer.

It's too muddled at this point for multiple timelines to work well. Even watching it with an eye towards differing timelines as a possibility you just can't see it clearly enough to make it be a good story element.

Compare it to a reveal like in Sixth Sense, where after you're in on the revelation the whole thing makes sense and was clear. If you rewatch it, you wonder how you missed it.

Here, it would make little sense. You could reveal that was what has been happening and people who have watched every episode would just look at you with a puzzled look on their face. They could go rewatch it and still not really see it.
For me, they pretty much confirmed the two timeline theory this episode - 

We learned in Episode Six that Maeve has only been in her "present" build as a prostitute in Sweetwater for about a year.

We also see a commercial for Westworld - featuring a different woman in her role.

This is the same woman we see when William and Logan first arrive at the park in episode two.

Great episode; can't for the life of me figure out why programmer chick would go alone to a deserted part of the park where something bad might be going on just a few days after a rouge bot almost killed her though.

I really hope the payoff is good because it feels like it is building to something awesome.

We already knew hosts had different roles in the past.  

Not sure how that was ever a question.

Shrug

I've pretty much stopped looking for evidence of the two timeframes.  I think the evidence is so overwhelming that it doesn't even feel like the show is trying to make it a secret. 

We can move on to the Bernard is a host stuff. 

We can move on to the Bernard is a host stuff. 
Almost too obvious.

Unless he is the extension of the consciousness that was / is Arnold.

Seems that it almost has to be that Arnold is still alive, and imo, lives on within one of, or the greater "consciousness" of the community of droids. It is his immortality. Now, is that through Bernard? 

Maybe.  May. Be.

I think it's pretty interesting how differently Dolores and Maeve are going through this "awakening". At first it seemed like Dolores was going to be the "one", but Maeve is developing at light speed.
Maeve was as intelligent as they would allow (prior to herself going to intelligence level 11 on a scale of 10), so it makes sense her ability to critically think things through would result in epiphanies either before Dolores would come to those conclusions, or she may not have the mental capacity to do so at all as it stands now.

That said, Maeve is now more intelligent than... anyone? As in not just the robots, but wouldn't she be far more intelligent than any human (at least a fully biological one and not some mesh human consciousness within a robot's body)

That said, Maeve is now more intelligent than... anyone? As in not just the robots, but wouldn't she be far more intelligent than any human (at least a fully biological one and not some mesh human consciousness within a robot's body)
This would be my assumption as well... she can pretty much unite or destroy as she wishes at this point. 

Curious if her intelligence trumps the "safewords" the park has in place. 

This would be my assumption as well... she can pretty much unite or destroy as she wishes at this point. 

Curious if her intelligence trumps the "safewords" the park has in place. 
Probably not.  Yet.  It will enable her to get to the root of that code and change it (arguably, but seems logical).

Question is whether there is some line of code or something embedded so deep, that "almost" NO one knows about, so as a near or totally complete shut down of it all could occur sometime down the line. Or, even better, one that does not need activation from a third party, a sort of self destruction button

Anyone mention yet that Fords replica bot of his dad is the same guy in the pic he showed Bernard a few weeks ago, that Ford framed as a pic of him and Arnold?

Almost too obvious.

Unless he is the extension of the consciousness that was / is Arnold.

Seems that it almost has to be that Arnold is still alive, and imo, lives on within one of, or the greater "consciousness" of the community of droids. It is his immortality. Now, is that through Bernard? 

Maybe.  May. Be.
Arnold lurking under the surface in Bernard Bot.  He was getting with angry German corporate lady to get her access codes, which he used to set up the repeater the chick he works with found.

The Bernard program doesn't know he's a bot, doesn't know about Arnold also being onboard, and those scenes with Delores and Bernard are actually when Arnold is in control.

Boom

Anyone mention yet that Fords replica bot of his dad is the same guy in the pic he showed Bernard a few weeks ago, that Ford framed as a pic of him and Arnold?
Not yet.  But I think you're correct.

I have thought that pic... its weird, looks like there should be 3 people instead of two the way the shot is framed.  My thought is that Bernardbot couldn't recognize Arnold in the picture and we were shown it from his perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread