What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XVIII THREAD: An Ode to Claude Hendrix (1 Viewer)

OLD SCHOOL FINAL FOUR

All original players:

Pump (won the damn thing before it was cool)

Doug B - Two time World Series winner

Koya - The Champ

TRE - It's his time. If Karma has anything to do with it at least.
It's no OLD school without Eephus.
True that.

BTW, Fisk coming through with some big hits and a .429 OBP with Sosa getting the game five POTG going .381 .435 .476 for the series. I love **** Allen gets the series MVP with a line of .421 .476 .474.

Not much power in this series at all outside of Gehrig who had a sick line of .412 .522 .588, but a lot of OBP from my end at least.

Mantle no XBH but .478 OBP.
You posting from the Biden gathering? :o
Biden didn't show - got sick in Lithuania. (Probably the most real thing thats actually happened which sounds like total shtick that I've ever said on these boards).

But good chat with Congressman Steve Israel (the guy who walks with Obama after the SofU speeches etc, and a good guy fwiw) so from a biz perspective still a good night.

SADLY... more importantly I got luck and won game 5 of my WIS series.

OLD SCHOOL FINAL FOUR

All original players:

Pump (won the damn thing before it was cool)

Doug B - Two time World Series winner

Koya - The Champ

TRE - It's his time. If Karma has anything to do with it at least.
It's no OLD school without Eephus.
True that.

BTW, Fisk coming through with some big hits and a .429 OBP with Sosa getting the game five POTG going .381 .435 .476 for the series. I love **** Allen gets the series MVP with a line of .421 .476 .474.

Not much power in this series at all outside of Gehrig who had a sick line of .412 .522 .588, but a lot of OBP from my end at least.

Mantle no XBH but .478 OBP.
You posting from the Biden gathering? :o
Biden didn't show - got sick in Lithuania. (Probably the most real thing thats actually happened which sounds like total shtick that I've ever said on these boards).

But good chat with Congressman Steve Israel (the guy who walks with Obama after the SofU speeches etc, and a good guy fwiw) so from a biz perspective still a good night.

SADLY... more importantly I got luck and won game 5 of my WIS series.
Good stuff. :thumbup:

####### rob dibble :kicksrock:

good series doug
Good series, moops. Our games 4 and 5 were classics as well.

Your squad made up a 3-1 deficit in the 9th inning of game 4, giving Joey Devine his first blown save of the season (was 28/28 going in).

Then, after staving off elimination, your guys jump up 7-1 on the Pelicans going into the bottom of the 4th inning of game 5. My squad chips away until finally, in the 8th, Mel Ott's sac fly brings home Shoeless Joe.

In the ninth, you get Willie Wilson on third with two outs, and Barry Bonds at the plate. Sparky IBBs Bonds to get to ... flippin' Hang Greeberg :eek: Greenberg, with runners on the corners, mercifully grounds out to Bill Joyce to end the game and the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
####### rob dibble :kicksrock:

good series doug
Good series, moops. Our games 4 and 5 were classics as well.

Your squad made up a 3-1 deficit in the 9th inning of game 4, giving Joey Devine his first blown save of the season (was 28/28 going in).

Then, after staving off elimination, your guys jump up 7-1 on the Pelicans going into the bottom of the 4th inning of game 5. My squad chips away until finally, in the 8th, Mel Ott's sac fly brings home Shoeless Joe.

In the ninth, you get Willie Wilson on third with two outs, and Barry Bonds at the plate. Sparky IBBs Bonds to get to ... flippin' Hang Greeberg :eek: Greenberg, with runners on the corners, mercifully grounds out to Bill Joyce to end the game and the series.
Heartbreaking.

5 Gold Jackets between us in the League Championship Series here. GL DougB!

Phew, that was a close series. Joss took the first with a team shutout and was feeling pretty good. But after dropping the next two with my offense doing little it was not looking good. Stank's got a nice balance of batting and pitching.

Had some good fortune in the last game, really could have gone either way. SNStanky jumped out in the top of the 6th with three, with my getting them back bottom of the 7th. Game went into extra's and he broke through in the tenth with a run, but some very good timing got a bottom of the ninth tying run against Carlos Cisco with the winning run scoring on an error.

Great series, SNC.
Good series Koya. My offence just couldn't get it going this series. I had you were I wanted you, with the lead and Cisco on the mound, but just couldn't hold on. Good luck going forward.

Gonna be a dogfight. We've swept each other on the road, so throw all that out the window.
Dogfight indeed. Two great seasons and it comes down to a coin flip in the end with a game 7. And the last game was the first road win. Until then it had been home game all along.

Down 2-0 I felt there was very very little chance, then I went up 3-2 and felt pretty good about one of the next two. But I admit it was nerve wracking checking just now to see the results. Epic series.

ETA: Dogfight is a good way to put it. A few of my guys below 100% although everyone had at least a little rest coming in. Had to just pull out all of the stops. Felt like any minor managing choice could be the difference between winning the series or not. Honestly, think you might have the best team, still. To have Ruth AND that good a pitching staff is pretty damn tough to match.

The battle of Long Island in the series.
STRONG ISLAND IN THE HOUSE.

GL Pump. Pretty sweet considering you had been in the hospital for a few rounds, making some great in season adjustments.

ETA: How's this for an interesting Stat:

There is one player (Joss as 2nd in Cy Young) on EITHER of our teams on ANY of the Leader board lists. Nary a silver slugger, mvp, golden glove, fireman between our teams.

Honestly, think you might have the best team, still. To have Ruth AND that good a pitching staff is pretty damn tough to match.
Your squad had my offense on ice from Game 3 on. But ... a seven-game series is as close as you can get to a coin flip in these things.

:CHAMPAGNE:

Good series pump. With all the craziness ( 11-2 my favor and 9-0 on a 2 hitter in pumps type swings) a wild season ends with a pedestrian 4-3 regulation inning game.

Been a hectic couple days so will need to do a little catchup on the game flows but the final game was 8 strong by Joss and homers by Mantle and Brooks got me through.

I admit there's a bit of guilt - while I hate losing (HATE it), considering what Pump went through early on, it hardly would have been something I could have been angry about. At least this dulls the pain of Syracuse choking their season away.

I admit there's a bit of guilt - while I hate losing (HATE it), considering what Pump went through early on, it hardly would have been something I could have been angry about. At least this dulls the pain of Syracuse choking their season away.
pump's performance should go down in WIS history as one of the best cinderella stories. I mean the guy had as​s fissures during the draft.

Congrats Koya!
Appreciate all the thanks. Have to admit it was rewarding after getting creamed in the preseason rankings.

rodg, you commishing next?
Yeah, I'm willing to do so. Would like to wait a couple weeks, though. Finishing up my fantasy baseball drafts and want to enjoy the first few weeks before diving into research for one of these.

Congrats Koya!
Appreciate all the thanks. Have to admit it was rewarding after getting creamed in the preseason rankings.

Yeah, I'm willing to do so. Would like to wait a couple weeks, though. Finishing up my fantasy baseball drafts and want to enjoy the first few weeks before diving into research for one of these.
I may be moving in a couple weeks myself. :shrug:

Congrats Koya!

Sounds fair. We can get a thread going and then set a target date and all so the impatient ones in the house (yes, myself included) can have a life event worth looking forward to. Seems like we have a consensus on the format, but we can discuss and tweak / finalize.

Congrats Koya!

Big City just too much for ya?

With all the trading should this one get an asterisk? :stirspot:

Congrats K$ :tebow:
Maybe this will get more folks to wheel and deal. Never came close to this many trades before. Team actually performed almost the same throughout, but it's fun - and in the playoffs, some of those trades definitely paid off.

Ironically, I almost didn't even join the season prior to this. Just so busy and all and following a big WIS slump of no playoff appearances.

Might be time to add to my WIS Clothing Collection.

Congrats Koya!

I've never had a bigger feeling of "this place can #### itself" until now. Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be desperate enough to move to Williston effing North Dakota.

Congrats Koya!

I've never had a bigger feeling of "this place can #### itself" until now. Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be desperate enough to move to Williston effing North Dakota.
Serious about moving, and where to?

Congrats Koya!

New gig in Milwaukee area. Flying out there this weekend on company's dime.

Congrats Koya!

Sweet. Been to Milwaukee once - pretty cool down. LOTS of bars.

Congrats Koya!

Sweet. Been to Milwaukee once - pretty cool down. LOTS of bars.
Bars are cool.

Bars with knuckle-dragging roughnecks are not cool.

I look forward to the change.

Users who are viewing this thread