What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One of the best opening weekends in the NFL I can remember!!! So..What did we learn Week 1 Edition!! (1 Viewer)

Todem

Footballguy
Guys......this weekend had to be one of the very best opening weekends I have ever seen. Seriously...so many amazing games, so many great finishes.

Fantastic. 

So what did we learn this week from a fantasy perspective?

Last edited by a moderator:
That Wentz at least has it in him to feed Jordan Matthews.

KC offense could put up some numbers.

Bunch of rookie receivers already flashing.

Detroit, NO, Indy, Atlanta are going to be in track meets all season.

I learned that I will always play against the only other team in my 14 team league that out scores me on a weekly basis.  

Drew Brees and Spencer ware, meet Andrew luck and AJ Green.   They are going to kick you in the nuts now.  

I think we learned its getting harder and harder to stop teams from scoring. We are going to see a lot of shootouts and high numbers this year. Should be fun! 

Terrance Williams and Michael Crabtree aren't very bright and I think drafting Dez 14th is going to hurt me
If anything---Dez is probably one of the better buy lows after today. I'd be patient.  He was very close to having at least one more TD--and I did like that Dak did try to throw it to him deep a few times.   They just need some more actual game time together to develop better chemistry. 

The Bills are not as good on offense as many of us hoped.

Also the Ravens are better on D than we thought.

Also those of us who held on to Breshard Perriman in dynasty leagues will be rewarded by week 10 and on. This kid is good.

I thought Houston looked much improved on the offensive side of the ball.  Osweiler, Miller and Fuller, along with Hopkins, make them tough to defend.  If they can stay healthy I believe they could go quite deep in the playoffs.  

That Barnidge won't have much value with RG3 at QB. 

102 of RG3's 190 pass yards were jump balls that his WR's (Pryor and a prayer to Coleman in triple coverage) made great adjustments to downfield. And Gordon's back in a month. (FWIW Pryor got away with OPI on his 44 yard catch). It was a pretty dreadful day for RG3.

Great start to this season. Lots of close games to keep us interested in the actual games and not just our players. 

Play everyone against Indy and NO... just like last year. 

The sooner the Browns call this RG3 experiment and play McCown, the better everyone on the offense (save for Crowell) will be. 

That Barnidge won't have much value with RG3 at QB. 

102 of RG3's 190 pass yards were jump balls that his WR's (Pryor and a prayer to Coleman in triple coverage) made great adjustments to downfield. And Gordon's back in a month. (FWIW Pryor got away with OPI on his 44 yard catch). It was a pretty dreadful day for RG3.
Barnidge dropped two passes early and that was the end of RG3 acknowledging his existence

-Gary Barnidge is worthless

-Steve Smith is sort of worthless

-Melvin Gordon looked so good bu thten Allen went down and San Diego looks lost...if you can sell high for any reason...

-Miami running game no matter the RB doesn't look too good. Mostly Gase scheme right now. If Foster doesn't grab 50 yds rec(he might) per game then he is a little bit useless. 

-Kenny Stills is no sleeper, he imply is going to sleep slowly...

-The Bills are very vertically challenged for whatever reason...

-Jack Del Rio has guts going for a 2 pt on the road...thought that was the Steelers' plan. 

-Cooks n Snead, that is all...

-Derrick Henry is not starting anytime soon

I don't think he'll be starting anytime soon but Murray didn't look special either.  If he continues with the sub 4.0 YPA and fumbles Henry should get more opportunities.
Murray didn't look special vaulting into the end zone head over heels?

Please look at the game footage when you can...Henry was like 5 carries for 3 yds at one point, let's get real here. 

I learned that me trading Vincent Jackson & acquiring Ameer Abdullah was 100% the right move!

We learned the Packer run defense ain't too bad - I think the Jags rush offense will be good this year

The Titans are who we thought they were - really was expecting more out of them today not 3 turnovers & allowing 2 defensive TD's

That the Giants may be the most improved team in the league.   Victor Cruz is back. 

That Brandin Cooks is pretty close to unstoppable.  

That Jameis Winston is a true franchise QB.  

That Danny Woodhead is going to be a scoring machine with Keenan Allen's absence from the Chargers' lineup.  

-Gary Barnidge is worthless

-Steve Smith is sort of worthless

-Melvin Gordon looked so good bu thten Allen went down and San Diego looks lost...if you can sell high for any reason...

-Miami running game no matter the RB doesn't look too good. Mostly Gase scheme right now. If Foster doesn't grab 50 yds rec(he might) per game then he is a little bit useless. 

-Kenny Stills is no sleeper, he imply is going to sleep slowly...

-The Bills are very vertically challenged for whatever reason...

-Jack Del Rio has guts going for a 2 pt on the road...thought that was the Steelers' plan. 

-Cooks n Snead, that is all...

-Derrick Henry is not starting anytime soon
I agree completely with everything you listed.

Dalton is fully matured.  Sacked 7 times and still threw for 366.

AJ Green is not bad.

The Jets front 7 is going to make up for their back 4.

The Giants clock management has magically improved.

You can do worse than Brandon LaFell for a bye week fill in waiver wire type.  He's definitely the #2.

Hill has the goal line role locked up.

Stafford looks scary when he is yelling at someone.

-QG

- Drew Brees isn't ever reaching the playoffs again with that horrid defense.

- NFC South is going to run through Tampa and Carolina for a loooong time.

Users who are viewing this thread