What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (11 Viewers)

Full rest day today and I'm already feeling twitchy as I normally get in a morning workout by now. Think I might go hit a mall for a walk when it opens. Though I had to stop daily walks earlier as my knee started to flare up.

Down 3 more pounds since I came back into the thread. 36 lost total, 45 to go for my target.

What happened to @krista4? Did she forsake us!?

:hey: Sorry, just not around here at all as much as I used to be. Right now I'm on a new "lose weight and get in better shape again" plan for a lot of reasons, including a hiking trip in Sicily in September. :excited: I have a long way to go to be ready. Picking up the yoga and walking again, and then will ease my way into hiking again.

:hey: Sorry, just not around here at all as much as I used to be. Right now I'm on a new "lose weight and get in better shape again" plan for a lot of reasons, including a hiking trip in Sicily in September. :excited: I have a long way to go to be ready. Picking up the yoga and walking again, and then will ease my way into hiking again.

This makes me very happy to read! Good luck with it, keep us updated!

This makes me very happy to read! Good luck with it, keep us updated!

Thank you! Nice to see that you're back in the thread. I'll try to check in here more. :)

Little set back. I came down with something last night that wiped out my digestive tract pretty much. Don't know it was anything I ate unless my roast beef I've had the previous 4 days suddenly spoiled overnight.

Had gone to a mall for a 2.4 mile walk on my rest day, nurse friend said stomach bugs are going around so could have caught it there. Tried some Gatorade a bit ago but it didn't stay in my system long. So guess I get back to back rest days. Hopefully better tomorrow.

Little set back. I came down with something last night that wiped out my digestive tract pretty much. Don't know it was anything I ate unless my roast beef I've had the previous 4 days suddenly spoiled overnight.

Had gone to a mall for a 2.4 mile walk on my rest day, nurse friend said stomach bugs are going around so could have caught it there. Tried some Gatorade a bit ago but it didn't stay in my system long. So guess I get back to back rest days. Hopefully better tomorrow.
As we age these damn set backs are more common. For me, the patience to allow my body to recover is the hardest and most necessary part of my regime. Listening to my body and trusting what it’s telling me :lmao: is a big focus for me these days. I’m resting today because my body is telling me to. 💪

As we age these damn set backs are more common. For me, the patience to allow my body to recover is the hardest and most necessary part of my regime. Listening to my body and trusting what it’s telling me :lmao: is a big focus for me these days. I’m resting today because my body is telling me to. 💪

Good on you, definitely listen to your body. Yeah I've been making sure to take rest days, and if something starts to nag at me I'll change up to give it time to rest.

Made it through the stomach virus. Lost 9 lbs in 2 days not in the good way. Rehydrating back up the last 2 days and ended up with a net 2 pounds lost during it.

Got another InBody measurement to compare to one two weeks ago. Hydration is back. 8.4 lbs net loss, but a lot of it was muscle with having zero to miniscule calories for a few days when I couldn't hold anything down.

Recalculated my calories and exercise and going to up my calories in general on days I'm doing cardio, don't think I've been getting enough, even apart from the sickness.

So I tried upping my calories to not lose quite so fast (was losing 3-4 lbs a week lately). Going based on just Fitbit calories for weight training and spinning sessions on exercise bike. Also had the stomach bug mess me up during that stretch. Well I ended up gaining back like 3-5 pounds though it was probably mostly temporary weight.

I cut back again, I'm back down to my previous low (247). I'm going to cut the Fitbit calorie reading in half (as an amount to increase calories) and see if that works better.

Other news, which is incredibly good. I hit 6.3 on the A1C in Nov/Dec (5.7 to 6.4 is pre-diabetic, 6.5 is diabetic) which is what again started me on this weight loss path. Had a home test in March, 6.1. Since it reflects 3 months it went back to December, while I started dieting in January and not exercising until mid Feb.

Did one today that would reflect dieting in January and 2 months of exercise, and 39 lbs lost. Dropped to 5.7! Right on the border for pre-diabetic now. A little bit more and I'll be back in the normal reference range.

Having eye surgery on Wednesday that is going to keep me from exercising for a few days at least, but hoping to just get it done with diet over that stretch.

Last edited:
So I tried upping my calories to not lose quite so fast (was losing 3-4 lbs a week lately). Going based on just Fitbit calories for weight training and spinning sessions on exercise bike. Also had the stomach bug mess me up during that stretch. Well I ended up gaining back like 3-5 pounds though it was probably mostly temporary weight.

I cut back again, I'm back down to my previous low (247). I'm going to cut the Fitbit calorie reading in half (as an amount to increase calories) and see if that works better.

Other news, which is incredibly good. I hit 6.3 on the A1C in Nov/Dec (5.7 to 6.4 is pre-diabetic, 6.5 is diabetic) which is what again started me on this weight loss path. Had a home test in March, 6.1. Since it reflects 3 months it went back to December, while I started dieting in January and not exercising until mid Feb.

Did one today that would reflect dieting in January and 2 months of exercise, and 39 lbs lost. Dropped to 5.7! Right on the border for pre-diabetic now. A little bit more and I'll be back in the normal reference range.

Having eye surgery on Wednesday that is going to keep me from exercising for a few days at least, but hoping to just get it done with diet over that stretch.
Awesome!

I walked three miles, with lots of steep hills, and did about an hour of gardening today. A couple of years ago I'd be embarrassed to admit to doing so little, but I'm really out of shape, so baby steps. Baby steps. Tomorrow I'm going to do my first weigh-in. Pray for me.

I don't think I like this "weigh every day" thing and am going back to once a week. Today I weighed 0.2 pounds more than yesterday. Pissed me off. Did another steep-hill walk and ate well with no booze. Will probably gain weight. :hot:

I don't think I like this "weigh every day" thing and am going back to once a week. Today I weighed 0.2 pounds more than yesterday. Pissed me off. Did another steep-hill walk and ate well with no booze. Will probably gain weight. :hot:
I think about that sometimes, weighing every day while (trying to) drop weight, and I know for me that while it can be discouraging to put on weight instead, even a little, it pisses me off too and makes me push even harder.

*sigh* Back on the weight loss roller coaster… last summer I was down to 218, then let everything go to hell and ballooned back up. 242.4 last Monday. 238.6 on Saturday. Cheated pretty hard for Easter. 241.0 this morning.

This time around, I’m focusing on increasing protein. Still struggling to achieve 1g per lb of target weight, but my intake is definitely higher. Primary goal is sub-200lbs. Secondary goal is to be able to do a true pull up. Idk if I’ve ever been able to do that.

I’ll be weight training minimum 3x week, with some cardio mixed in periodically. Mostly trying to maintain muscle, but lose the fat via diet.
One full month in the books- sitting at 231.8, so 10.4lbs gone. Been lifting 4 days/week, and I’m noticing maybe a little growth in my chest and biceps. I’ve been doing assisted pull ups, and have been able to lower the assistance weight from 75 to 50lbs.
I know I’m still not getting enough protein, but in my case calorie deficit is more important. I’m eating twice a day, usually around 1pm and 7pm.
This weekend will not be helpful, since I’m staying with a friend and going to 2 baseball games, but I’m going to try not to go off the rails too badly.

So no lifting anything heavier than 10 lbs, no bending over (squat to pick up things)... for a month. Definitely will cut into my exercise.

Can go for walks. Which my twice-scoped knee can handle about a week of walks of a couple of miles each day before it starts hurting. So yeah, going to try to mostly manage calories, and throw in a few walks but try not to overdo it.

Then soon as this eye is good and have confident I'm not going to lose vision to an infection or something, will be time to do the other eye and go through the same. So going to be a prolonged break from exercise. :(

So no lifting anything heavier than 10 lbs, no bending over (squat to pick up things)... for a month. Definitely will cut into my exercise.

Can go for walks. Which my twice-scoped knee can handle about a week of walks of a couple of miles each day before it starts hurting. So yeah, going to try to mostly manage calories, and throw in a few walks but try not to overdo it.

Then soon as this eye is good and have confident I'm not going to lose vision to an infection or something, will be time to do the other eye and go through the same. So going to be a prolonged break from exercise. :(
Go crazy focused on diet

*sigh* Back on the weight loss roller coaster… last summer I was down to 218, then let everything go to hell and ballooned back up. 242.4 last Monday. 238.6 on Saturday. Cheated pretty hard for Easter. 241.0 this morning.

This time around, I’m focusing on increasing protein. Still struggling to achieve 1g per lb of target weight, but my intake is definitely higher. Primary goal is sub-200lbs. Secondary goal is to be able to do a true pull up. Idk if I’ve ever been able to do that.

I’ll be weight training minimum 3x week, with some cardio mixed in periodically. Mostly trying to maintain muscle, but lose the fat via diet.
One full month in the books- sitting at 231.8, so 10.4lbs gone. Been lifting 4 days/week, and I’m noticing maybe a little growth in my chest and biceps. I’ve been doing assisted pull ups, and have been able to lower the assistance weight from 75 to 50lbs.
I know I’m still not getting enough protein, but in my case calorie deficit is more important. I’m eating twice a day, usually around 1pm and 7pm.
This weekend will not be helpful, since I’m staying with a friend and going to 2 baseball games, but I’m going to try not to go off the rails too badly.

You rock, Tecumseh, keep up the good work!

I'd suggest protein shakes to up your protein without adding a lot of calories. The Gold Standard double chocolate is pretty good, GNC carries it. 24g protein for 120 calories each, 96 of which are the protein. Two of those a day, 240 calories isn't too hard to find somewhere else you can cut. Or throw in a 2 mile walk each day to offset them.

Protein bars are often double the the calories but half the protein compared to a shake, so I only use them for an energy boost, not for upping protein.

Did the InBody machine again.

Compared to a month ago, 10.4 lbs lost. 3.6 lb water loss + 1.5 lb muscle loss + 5.3 lbs body fat loss. That is 14% of weight loss is muscle, which I believe is extremely good. Only having 25% of your weight loss be muscle is considered good.

Compared to 2 weeks ago after the stomach virus ravaged me, I actually put back on 0.3 lbs of muscle and 1.5 lbs of water, and lost 3.8 lbs of fat. 2 lbs net change.

Percent body fat, today compared to a month ago, dropped by 0.6%.

You rock, Tecumseh, keep up the good work!

I'd suggest protein shakes to up your protein without adding a lot of calories. The Gold Standard double chocolate is pretty good, GNC carries it. 24g protein for 120 calories each, 96 of which are the protein. Two of those a day, 240 calories isn't too hard to find somewhere else you can cut. Or throw in a 2 mile walk each day to offset them.

Protein bars are often double the the calories but half the protein compared to a shake, so I only use them for an energy boost, not for upping protein.
I’ve been using the Core Power 42g variety after each work out. They’re a little pricey, so I pulled the trigger on a case of them from amazon yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread