What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots at Ravens (3 Viewers)

'stratocatter said:
A few years ago Steve Smith Panthers touched a ref's arm trying to get his attention after a play where he was penalized. Ejected as I recall. So I'm not sure about a suspension precedent.
For players, it's an automatic ejection. All Bills fans bitterly remember Steve Tasker getting ejected from his last game as a pro for accidentally bumping a ref. I'm not aware of any suspension ever occuring due to something like this, though.

'David Yudkin said:
Yesterday it was the officials. I'm not saying they got cheated out of a win, but the officiating was so bad for both teams yesterday that I can't even tell who would have won with real refs.
BS!!! :yes: The Patriots lost because Baltimore executed better when the game was on the line. The Ravens Dee finally sent pressure forcing Gronk to stay back and made Brady dink and dunk or just pain ol' misfire. The Pats dee, on the other hand, decided to play possum instead of stopping Flacco and co. from rippping them to shreds. No excuses, David, the Pats lost because they were the lesser team yesterday.

'David Yudkin said:
'dickey moe said:
'David Yudkin said:
'dickey moe said:
'The_Man said:
When's the last time the Patriots blew a 13-point lead?
These aren't your slightly-older-brother's Patriots.
They were up 21-0 against BUF last year.
So what's your take David? What's their main problem - the secondary? Loss of Hernandez screwing up the offensive scheme?
Yesterday it was the officials.
lol whiny tools.
Pats had a 9-point lead with a first-and-10 at the Baltimore 40 with 9 minutes left. It's not the refs' fault they couldn't make that stand up
i agree?

'David Yudkin said:
Yesterday it was the officials. I'm not saying they got cheated out of a win, but the officiating was so bad for both teams yesterday that I can't even tell who would have won with real refs.
BS!!! :yes: The Patriots lost because Baltimore executed better when the game was on the line. The Ravens Dee finally sent pressure forcing Gronk to stay back and made Brady dink and dunk or just pain ol' misfire. The Pats dee, on the other hand, decided to play possum instead of stopping Flacco and co. from rippping them to shreds. No excuses, David, the Pats lost because they were the lesser team yesterday.
The question asked of me was not who was the better team. The question asked was what what were the issues that were plaguing the Patriots. The defense had been playing better the first few weeks, but there were several calls that could very easily have been non-calls that extended drives. And there were plenty of aggressive plays that were non calls. This was true for both teams, so whicever side lost had ample cause to say the refs blew the game.Even impartial observers could only wonder what was going on. Receivers were getting mauled and no flags were thrown. Receivers were barely touched and it was called pass intereference, defensive holding, or illegal contact. Blitzers were getting hogtied and tackled, yet there were no holding calls.So yes, the officials were a big cause for the Pats defense looking very suspect last night.Offensively, NE scored 30 points. It's not like they were shut down by the Ravens.

Users who are viewing this thread