What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Payton praises Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Perhaps it finally is the year, but I wouldn't derive that conclusion from that quote alone. Sounds like you could insert anyone's name in there.

If he can stay healthy. This year was the first time (IMO) when he could be considered a good value pick. I was surprised he was still available when I picked at 8.08 (12 team redraft, .5 PPR); made me feel stupid for being one of the owners letting him slide that far.

as long as he stays healthy, he'll be a stud in PPR. In non-PPR he should finish RB20-30 if he plays all year.

Big ifs though

Bush started turning the corner last year as a running back. He really started to be stronger and faster up the interior of the line and then fighting through tackles. He had been the escape artist up until that time and the style wasn't working for him. This could be a big year for RB because for once he is healthy (Knock on wood) I still think he lacks the size to be an every down back but he can certainly become a better back this year to go with his already crazy receiving skills. This is a contract year for Reggie as well as PT. The Saints are not likely to offer a big pay day to both Bush and Pierre so I think both backs know this is a big year in the greater scheme of things. Add to that Chris Ivory who could develop and be the pounding punishing runner that Deuce Mcallister used to be and that leaves the door open for someone to leave next year. I think Bush and PT are both going to amp it up this year as a result. Also there have not been many changes on the offensive line with exception of Jamaal Brown (Traded to the Skins) Brown missed much of the season last year as well as the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Locals are very, very, very positive on Reggie of late (and, no, it has not always been like that from a football standpoint). Everyone in NO seems to think he is ready for a great season.

His running style has become up & down, north & south, not sideline to sideline, and he is 100% healthy. His on-site conditioning and training dedication was noted during the off-season as well. Look to the breakaway TD run vs the Cards in the playoffs last year, maybe something just turned "on" for him.

If he can stay healthy. This year was the first time (IMO) when he could be considered a good value pick. I was surprised he was still available when I picked at 8.08 (12 team redraft, .5 PPR); made me feel stupid for being one of the owners letting him slide that far.
In PPR a major value as he slipped in my redraft to 7.03. I just couldn't let him slip any further.I agree with about his his value is great this year and if he stays healthy his upside is too great to ignore.

I would say Reggie already had the year back in 2008 whe he put up 660 yards and 8 TDs (3 punt returns and darn near a 4th) in 7 games before hurting his knee.

But it is possible that he replicates that start and stays healthy.

I think PT owners are gonna be very disappointed this year when Reggie Bush is the defacto RB inside the 5 yd line.

Signed PT owner

Users who are viewing this thread