What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 2 Discussion Thread (4 Viewers)

IMO, Pictus Cat has the SotD so far with Mathews at 3.16. I almost took him at 2.09 instead of Spiller. I took him at 3.10 last year when he was coming off a horrible year. Why did he slip so much this year after finishing in the top 12?

3.10 42. FF Ninja Mathews, Ryan SDC RB Thu Apr 4 5:24:44 p.m. ET 2013
I cannot speak for others, but for me it was injury history, and competition in the backfield with Woodhead (PPR) and now Donald Brown who I thought looked great at the end of last season. I was surprised the Colts let him go.
So I'm sitting at 7.8 in my dynasty startup and already have ADP, Lynch and Morris. Matthews is still OTB (not sure why). Do I pull the trigger? Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 0.5 PPR. The guy is only 26...coming off top 15 season. Thoughts?

note to Mr. Irrelevant and Bass.....FWIW....I would recommend you guys pull the trigger and load up on one or more QB's here at the turn......cause you ain't gettin no QB steal in the 6th....just sayin....... :whistle: ...... :oldunsure:

IMO, Pictus Cat has the SotD so far with Mathews at 3.16. I almost took him at 2.09 instead of Spiller. I took him at 3.10 last year when he was coming off a horrible year. Why did he slip so much this year after finishing in the top 12?

I cannot speak for others, but for me it was injury history, and competition in the backfield with Woodhead (PPR) and now Donald Brown who I thought looked great at the end of last season. I was surprised the Colts let him go.
So I'm sitting at 7.8 in my dynasty startup and already have ADP, Lynch and Morris. Matthews is still OTB (not sure why). Do I pull the trigger? Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 0.5 PPR. The guy is only 26...coming off top 15 season. Thoughts?
My opinion is only that, but though he had his highest touches last year, and eclipsed the 300 touch mark with receptions (eta receptions and rushes combined for greater than 300 to clarify), I just don't look at him and think durability. Last year I was wrong, and he scored well in traditional formats. His reception have gone down every year since 2011 for some reason. The fact is his numbers are good, his position with coaching and on the roster are good, and the offense can be productive. He is not a goal line option with the SDC, and that colors my opinion a lot.

I wonder too about Gates, with age and use starting to show. He draws a lot of the coverage in the middle, and blocks well. At some point, the wear and tear show.

Donald Brown really impressed me, and I see him being the same kind of back as Matthews.

In a dynasty, three of your first six picks have been RB and you want to add another? Unless there is trade value you are looking for in a (PPR presumably) deep league, you would be vulnerable at other positions.

Be interested in what you choose to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
note to Mr. Irrelevant and Bass.....FWIW....I would recommend you guys pull the trigger and load up on one or more QB's here at the turn......cause you ain't gettin no QB steal in the 6th....just sayin....... :whistle: ...... :oldunsure:
Why, you planning on sniping my Bortles / Manziel combo? ;)

I think the injuries are largely overblown, as is the competition. Woodhead does what he does well, but he's not a good runner. Mathews will lose 3rd downs to him, but he was clearly more involved in the passing game later in the year (19 rec in last 8 games vs. 7 in first 8). If I'd known he was going to be available in the 3rd, I wouldn't have taken Forte in the 1st.

I think I like Brown more than most, but he's no threat to Mathews. He's insurance.

I think the injuries are largely overblown, as is the competition. Woodhead does what he does well, but he's not a good runner. Mathews will lose 3rd downs to him, but he was clearly more involved in the passing game later in the year (19 rec in last 8 games vs. 7 in first 8). If I'd known he was going to be available in the 3rd, I wouldn't have taken Forte in the 1st.

I think I like Brown more than most, but he's no threat to Mathews. He's insurance.
you can get all up on Mathews nuts if you want.....but let's not get carried away

7.8 yes.

This. and I just couldn't take him over Harvin. Which is somewhat ironic I guess.

it shows hit and run is browsing this forum....not sure what up....pull the trigger...need to take advantage of us all here...

heading out for a tee time soon....this sucks....wanted to knock these out

I will pull the trigger when I am ready. This is your second whiny sounding post. I draft on my time table, not yours. Suck it up and drive on.

it shows hit and run is browsing this forum....not sure what up....pull the trigger...need to take advantage of us all here...

heading out for a tee time soon....this sucks....wanted to knock these out
PING!

Hopping in the shower. Will check back in before I head to work.

1.07 Eddie Lacy, RB Packers - Wish Calvin had fallen, of course. Missed by one pick. Love this kid. APOROY, and Coach has been outspoken on Team expecting him to be every down RB in 2014. Did great job carrying load in 2013, w/ no real durability issues. Managed 35 receptions, 1400+ total yards and 11 TD while establishing himself last year. Although there are plenty of mouths to feed in GB, it's still an extremely prolific offense, and with an established role, I'm thinking he's going to up those #'s to 48/1600/12, and I didn't see another RB available that I thought could as likely generate those #'s between the combination of their own talent and the offense they were working within.

2.10 Julius Thomas, TE Broncos - I consider OJT to be a Tier-1 player at his position, none of my Tier-1 guys were left at QB and WR...what's it going to be like in Denver, sans Decker, is the big question. Probably worthy to wonder what the passing game is going to look like sans Moreno as well? Still very prolific, I think that's a sure bet. In transition, I'd like to think Manning will lean on what he knows and trusts, and that's the Thomas' and Welker. I don't think Ball is anywhere near the threat out of the backfield Moreno was, and I don't think enough of Emmanuel Sanders to assume he's going to get a Decker-size piece of the pie, even if he doesn't get hurt. Building on 2013 even modestly, that's a nice piece to build a foundation on in TE2PPR.
3.07 Keenan Allen, WR Chargers - Tough run to watch coming into my 3rd Rounder. Thought one of Nelson, Cobb, Fitzgerald, would fall to me, didn't...while I was pondering the 'usual suspects' group, when I came across K.A, due to the fact that his name kept coming up when I was researching my 1st round pick of Eddie Lacy, with all the 2013 Rookie hype. Have to admit I didn't know as much about him, as I didn't have him on any Teams last year, so I took the opportunity to take a closer look. From the highlights, I didn't realized he had the size he does. Resurgent season by Rivers, probably will see some regression overall in the passing stats this year, but I like the direction I think this kid is headed in, and his place in the offense.

4.10 T.Y. Hilton, WR Colts - Another young'un for me here. Usually I'm more of a vet guy. Adding Nicks to the mix makes for a lot of guys looking for targets, but I like Hilton's potential in a PPR scheme. Doesn't have the size I usually prefer, but some of the other guys available at this point didn't either. Think he has more upside than the veteran names, think he has the potential to post remarkably consistent #'s week in/week out. I like the QB, the offense, and his place in it. Think he has it in him to post a high-teens, low-20's type of season ranking, with a lean to the higher end of that in PPR, I'll take that out of WR2 at 4.10 in a 16 Teamer/PPR.

I will pull the trigger when I am ready. This is your second whiny sounding post. I draft on my time table, not yours. Suck it up and drive on.
my bad....didn't mean to piss in your cheerios....at the time when all 4 of us were here was just trying to take advantage of it for the good of the cause....sorry if you took it that way and it set your sensitivity meter on tilt.....wasn't the intention......

Didn't expect that.

4.16 Patterson - I've warmed up to him in bb format. Expect some big weeks ande the rushing stats won't hurt. Swung big here as I passed on the old reliable guard.

5.1 Rice - Only 27 years old so I expect a decent season. Kubiak should be a huge upgrade as he likes the rushing TDs and tossing the rock to the RBs. Not concerned about the domestic violence thing as he married the girl the day after the indictment. I'll take a quality starting RB in the 5th any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

QB -

RB - McCoy, Rice

WR - Cobb, Patterson

TE - Cameron

Rolling the dice at QB. I'm liking some of the later options. Didn't want to burn the last pick on the first guy in a large tier. Even if that tier gets chewed up in the next two rounds, it's not a large drop off to the next tier.

my bad....didn't mean to piss in your cheerios....at the time when all 4 of us were here was just trying to take advantage of it for the good of the cause....sorry if you took it that way and it set your sensitivity meter on tilt.....wasn't the intention......
put that in your pipe & smoke it

I watched Ben Tate a bit more last year, thinking I might grab him in a keeper league. Great situation, no competition in backfield, lots of touches likely. I just don't know if he will handle the workload though. He and Foster traded off being injured last year, and Cleveland is, well, Cleveland.

I sense he was a great value pick here and was thinking of grabbing him next time I was up. Likely to be one of the few feature backs this year.

1.03 Peyton Manning QB DEN

2.14 Montee Ball RB DEN

4.14 DeSean Jackson WR WAS

With Garcon, Reed, Roberts (who's already grumpy about not being the #2) and the new coaching staff, it's gonna look like a pron movie with all the balls flying around. I see the Griffin to Jackson connection producing some big plays in a division with not much D. Could see Griffin and Jackson kind of wanting to give the finger to the rest of the league and I expect them to hook up often. Was really tempted to take Patterson here but the sucky QB thing was just wouldn't let me pull the trigger. I'm not sold he breaks out as much as people are expecting, even with his talent, I'm just not sure his situation is where you want to gamble on fantasy points. I think Jerry Rice would struggle there.

5.03 Roddy White WR ATL

With Gonzo gone I expect Ryan to lean on Julio and White. I went in to this turn pretty much set on taking two WR's and was hoping to get two of Jackson, Patterson, White and/or two guys that haven't been drafted yet, in that order. Getting two of my top 3 choices was solid. Mr. I's pick of Wright wasn't even on my radar. Julio will demand coverage....down the stretch White showed he can still be a beast and catch whore.

3.03 Jason Witten TE DAL

Feel I got some juice here and am set up for BPA the rest of the way at RB/WR....which is one of the benefits of going QB/TE fairly early....

I watched Ben Tate a bit more last year, thinking I might grab him in a keeper league. Great situation, no competition in backfield, lots of touches likely. I just don't know if he will handle the workload though. He and Foster traded off being injured last year, and Cleveland is, well, Cleveland.

I sense he was a great value pick here and was thinking of grabbing him next time I was up. Likely to be one of the few feature backs this year.
It was a tossup between him and Patterson for me.

Hoping Foles or White would make back to 5.04. Probably reached for R Jennings and may have been able to get him at 5.04.....regardless, I like him this year.

It was a tossup between him and Patterson for me.
If not for the TE run, I would have taken Tate over Rudolph

QB - Foles (4.15)

RB - Charles (1.02), Bush (2.15)

WR - Nelson (3.02), K. Wright (5.02)

TE -

You've got to hit some home runs to win in these leagues, so rather than play it safe with a duo like Ryan/Roddy, I decided to take a couple of big-time hacks at the ball. Foles and Wright (and for that matter Patterson, who Bass grabbed out from under me) are basically carbon copy stories - flashed superstar upside, have all the tools to be elite, but come with higher-than-average risk if for no other reason than the small sample size.

TE is deeper than ever these days, so felt nailing down my QB and WR2 slots was better for my roster than bringing up the tail end of the run at that position. Plenty of names still out there that I'd be happy to have leading a two- or three-headed monster at TE.

QB - Foles (4.15)

TE -

You've got to hit some home runs to win in these leagues, so rather than play it safe with a duo like Ryan/Roddy, I decided to take a couple of big-time hacks at the ball. Foles and Wright (and for that matter Patterson, who Bass grabbed out from under me) are basically carbon copy stories - flashed superstar upside, have all the tools to be elite, but come with higher-than-average risk if for no other reason than the small sample size.

TE is deeper than ever these days, so felt nailing down my QB and WR2 slots was better for my roster than bringing up the tail end of the run at that position. Plenty of names still out there that I'd be happy to have leading a two- or three-headed monster at TE.
Definitely like the Foles selection. Top 3-5 QB this year would not surprise me.

2.14 Montee Ball RB DEN

With Garcon, Reed, Roberts (who's already grumpy about not being the #2) and the new coaching staff, it's gonna look like a pron movie with all the balls flying around. I see the Griffin to Jackson connection producing some big plays in a division with not much D. Could see Griffin and Jackson kind of wanting to give the finger to the rest of the league and I expect them to hook up often. Was really tempted to take Patterson here but the sucky QB thing was just wouldn't let me pull the trigger. I'm not sold he breaks out as much as people are expecting, even with his talent, I'm just not sure his situation is where you want to gamble on fantasy points. I think Jerry Rice would struggle there.

5.03 Roddy White WR ATL

With Gonzo gone I expect Ryan to lean on Julio and White. I went in to this turn pretty much set on taking two WR's and was hoping to get two of Jackson, Patterson, White and/or two guys that haven't been drafted yet, in that order. Getting two of my top 3 choices was solid. Mr. I's pick of Wright wasn't even on my radar. Julio will demand coverage....down the stretch White showed he can still be a beast and catch whore.

3.03 Jason Witten TE DAL

Feel I got some juice here and am set up for BPA the rest of the way at RB/WR....which is one of the benefits of going QB/TE fairly early....
I had DJax over Patterson too. Was keying in on those two and White. White showed alot down the stretch, but I'm a tiny bit concerned with him falling off the cliff at his age. I suspect White will score more points this year, but CP will have the bigger weeks. With the BB format, if I have decent depth I should be able to ride out his bad weeks due to QBing.

OK, I thought I was a sly shark, and had Trent Richardson targeted, he was available and selected him. I go to post the pick in the MFL site and lo and behold, he is the autopick.

Yeh, I look like a genius.

I think he was thrown into a new system with no time to learn the playbook, develop chemistry, or even find a place to live in all likelihood. He did well towards the end of the season, but Donald Brown came on like a freight train. Then, no Brown.

Nearly great QB, decent WR, TE are above average and they are paying TR a ton of money. I smell bell cow. As long as Chris Johnson is the feature back where ever he lands, I am solid at RB.

nittanylion said:
1.07 Eddie Lacy, RB Packers - Wish Calvin had fallen, of course. Missed by one pick. Love this kid. APOROY, and Coach has been outspoken on Team expecting him to be every down RB in 2014. Did great job carrying load in 2013, w/ no real durability issues. Managed 35 receptions, 1400+ total yards and 11 TD while establishing himself last year. Although there are plenty of mouths to feed in GB, it's still an extremely prolific offense, and with an established role, I'm thinking he's going to up those #'s to 48/1600/12, and I didn't see another RB available that I thought could as likely generate those #'s between the combination of their own talent and the offense they were working within.

2.10 Julius Thomas, TE Broncos - I consider OJT to be a Tier-1 player at his position, none of my Tier-1 guys were left at QB and WR...what's it going to be like in Denver, sans Decker, is the big question. Probably worthy to wonder what the passing game is going to look like sans Moreno as well? Still very prolific, I think that's a sure bet. In transition, I'd like to think Manning will lean on what he knows and trusts, and that's the Thomas' and Welker. I don't think Ball is anywhere near the threat out of the backfield Moreno was, and I don't think enough of Emmanuel Sanders to assume he's going to get a Decker-size piece of the pie, even if he doesn't get hurt. Building on 2013 even modestly, that's a nice piece to build a foundation on in TE2PPR.
3.07 Keenan Allen, WR Chargers - Tough run to watch coming into my 3rd Rounder. Thought one of Nelson, Cobb, Fitzgerald, would fall to me, didn't...while I was pondering the 'usual suspects' group, when I came across K.A, due to the fact that his name kept coming up when I was researching my 1st round pick of Eddie Lacy, with all the 2013 Rookie hype. Have to admit I didn't know as much about him, as I didn't have him on any Teams last year, so I took the opportunity to take a closer look. From the highlights, I didn't realized he had the size he does. Resurgent season by Rivers, probably will see some regression overall in the passing stats this year, but I like the direction I think this kid is headed in, and his place in the offense.

4.10 T.Y. Hilton, WR Colts - Another young'un for me here. Usually I'm more of a vet guy. Adding Nicks to the mix makes for a lot of guys looking for targets, but I like Hilton's potential in a PPR scheme. Doesn't have the size I usually prefer, but some of the other guys available at this point didn't either. Think he has more upside than the veteran names, think he has the potential to post remarkably consistent #'s week in/week out. I like the QB, the offense, and his place in it. Think he has it in him to post a high-teens, low-20's type of season ranking, with a lean to the higher end of that in PPR, I'll take that out of WR2 at 4.10 in a 16 Teamer/PPR.
5.07 Robert Griffin III, QB Redskins -

6.10 Toby Gerhardt, RB Jaguars -

More to follow...

nittanylion said:

5.07 Robert Griffin III, QB Redskins -

6.10 Toby Gerhardt, RB Jaguars -

More to follow...
:thumbup: I like your willingness to take reasonable risk. Good upside across the board.

Came very close to taking Gerhart over Maclin but in the end decided I really like Mac this year.

5.06 Matt Ryan

6.11 Jay Cutler

3.06 Andre Ellington

4.11 Ben Tate

1.06 Calvin Johnson

2.11 Alshon Jeffry

In WSL I have Matt Ryan backed up by Derek Carr. Thought I'd get a superior QB2 here and see how things go. If I'd have known I could get Cutler in the 6th I likely would have taken Edelman or Floyd in the 5th, both of whom went to Rudnicki, who is out to an early lead in my book.

First, it was gratifying to see those I considered in place of Decker go off the board soon after - FUBAR taking Maclin, and Riley Cooper went to HitNRun, then the quality QB2s flew off.

My concern about Maclin is that he had that mysterious illness two years ago, I heard he dropped a lot of weight, like tens (plural) of pounds, but he came back that year though not to his typical play. Then last year was out due to injury for most, so we have two missing years of development in a great player. And in all likelihood, he will pick up the #1 coverage, and his game is not like Desean's.

Cooper was a strong consideration in a best ball league. If you look at his production, he is extremely hit or miss. It looked like the workings of a very smart and capable QB able to capitalize on coverage mismatch as much as Cooper's play. His last year was very different than his earlier career.

Decker blew up last year due to Peyton, but the prior year he had nearly as many receptions and scored regularly. I just hope he doesn't fall off too much without a strong WR opposite and a much lesser QB

So, I have:

QB - Matthew Stafford, complete, no question of being the QB, strong WR1, Tate should open game, Bush receives out of backfield, and strong running game. TE production good

RB - Chris Johnson, speed and attitude (not always a positive), Best FA RB but wants the bank. Where ever he goes, and he will, he will be a feature back

RB - Trent Richardson, Beast in Cleveland (not in the endzone seats wearing a dress), came on late after a transfer to Colts with no transition time, Brown gone, great Offense

WR - Eric Decker, Two years of high target, catches well, fast, finds openings, but little support and will have greater coverage, Manning could make me look like a player

WR - Demaryius Thomas, the complete package in a WR1, Manning back with desire to end career on a positive note, Decker out, Moreno gone so fewer RB play option

TE - Vernon Davis, I think he is as good as Graham, Gronk, but doesn't have the playbook designed to take advantage of his ability. Consistent and stays healthy

Been a bit swamped this week, so first time posting my squad here. Here goes...

Brees 2.03

Passed on him at 1.14 because I have in WSL (where I also had 14th pick) as well, but couldn't let him slide past me here. I've been wanting to try the 3 medium QB strategy, but looks like that will have to wait for SSL.

Lynch 1.14, Gore 5.14

What can I say, I've been playing FFL since the early 90's, so I can't avoid getting 2 RB's fairly early, even overdrafting them where I need to (which Gore may be a slight overdraft, giving his age and backups). Hopefully the Seahawks and Niners get different bye weeks...

Welker 3.14

Manning's back, Decker's gone. This things can only be good for Welker. Had Keenan Allen in my sights in the 3rd, but will happily take Welker, especially in Best Ball.

Olsen 4.03, Gates 6.03

Have liked Olsen more than he deserves for a long time, and took the first backup TE with Gates. Felt like the chances of picking up a quality TE in the late rounds is much less likely than a quality WR, so figured I'd get this position out of the way. Thought about Riley Cooper over Gates, so we'll see if that makes a difference to me this year.

Side note: I think MFL is set up wrong - it has us going 22 rounds, not 20. Is that right?

QB - Foles (4.15)

TE - Bennett (6.15), Clay (7.02)

I figured I'd end up with either Bennett or Clay as my TE1 when I decided to blow off TE at the 4/5 turn and considered either to be a minor dropoff at worst vs. what was left on the board then. As both were available, I decided to double up with last year's 9-10 finishers in this format and expect that the combination should net me a top-half score most weeks.

I had Andy Dalton's name typed in at 6.15, but - while the satisfaction of hanging Bass out to dry at QB would have been substantial ;) - the incremental benefit above the top-6 pick I've already invested in Foles figures to be less than the alternative of two relatively consistent #1 TE options in a 2PPR league.

Fortunately, I think I should be able to go pretty much BPA from here on out.

QB - Foles (4.15)

I figured I'd end up with either Bennett or Clay as my TE1 when I decided to blow off TE at the 4/5 turn and considered either to be a minor dropoff at worst vs. what was left on the board then. As both were available, I decided to double up with last year's 9-10 finishers in this format and expect that the combination should net me a top-half score most weeks.

I had Andy Dalton's name typed in at 6.15, but - while the satisfaction of hanging Bass out to dry at QB would have been substantial ;) - the incremental benefit above the top-6 pick I've already invested in Foles figures to be less than the alternative of two relatively consistent #1 TE options in a 2PPR league.

Not a big fan of Bennet, but he does offer a safer option. Big fan of Clay (just picked him up in a dynasty auction) but he's more of a risk.

One of the better combos and a good way to work the position after waiting.

Brees 2.03

Passed on him at 1.14 because I have in WSL (where I also had 14th pick) as well, but couldn't let him slide past me here. I've been wanting to try the 3 medium QB strategy, but looks like that will have to wait for SSL.

Lynch 1.14, Gore 5.14

What can I say, I've been playing FFL since the early 90's, so I can't avoid getting 2 RB's fairly early, even overdrafting them where I need to (which Gore may be a slight overdraft, giving his age and backups). Hopefully the Seahawks and Niners get different bye weeks...

Welker 3.14

Manning's back, Decker's gone. This things can only be good for Welker. Had Keenan Allen in my sights in the 3rd, but will happily take Welker, especially in Best Ball.

Olsen 4.03, Gates 6.03

Have liked Olsen more than he deserves for a long time, and took the first backup TE with Gates. Felt like the chances of picking up a quality TE in the late rounds is much less likely than a quality WR, so figured I'd get this position out of the way. Thought about Riley Cooper over Gates, so we'll see if that makes a difference to me this year.

Side note: I think MFL is set up wrong - it has us going 22 rounds, not 20. Is that right?
Team dinners will be cheaper with the senior citizen discount.

My concern about Maclin is that he had that mysterious illness two years ago, I heard he dropped a lot of weight, like tens (plural) of pounds, but he came back that year though not to his typical play. Then last year was out due to injury for most, so we have two missing years of development in a great player. And in all likelihood, he will pick up the #1 coverage, and his game is not like Desean's.
True. Though defenses won't be able to double Maclin with the other receiving options.

I like him as my 3, but wouldn't like him as a top 2 WR. If that makes sense. Lots of balls to go around in Philly, Mac will have some big games I think but may disappear for a few too.

Brees 2.03

Lynch 1.14, Gore 5.14

Welker 3.14

Olsen 4.03, Gates 6.03

Team dinners will be cheaper with the senior citizen discount.
:lmao:

I usually try to take advantage of the "old guy" discount in redraft too, but so far that's like the NFL version of The Expendables.

QB - Foles (4.15)

Not a big fan of Bennet, but he does offer a safer option. Big fan of Clay (just picked him up in a dynasty auction) but he's more of a risk.

One of the better combos and a good way to work the position after waiting.
Just want to see where Finley lands, Miami is interested.

TEAMS Snapshot - Compare and Contrast

6.16 96. BassNBrew Dalton, Andy CIN QB

1.01 1. BassNBrew McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

5.01 65. BassNBrew Rice, Ray BAL RB

2.16 32. BassNBrew Cobb, Randall GBP WR

4.16 64. BassNBrew Patterson, Cordarrelle MIN WR

7.01 97. BassNBrew Blackmon, Justin JAC WR

3.01 33. BassNBrew Cameron, Jordan CLE TE

4.15 63. Mr. Irrevelant Foles, Nick PHI QB

1.02 2. Mr. Irrevelant Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

2.15 31. Mr. Irrevelant Bush, Reggie DET RB

3.02 34. Mr. Irrevelant Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

5.02 66. Mr. Irrevelant Wright, Kendall TEN WR

6.15 95. Mr. Irrevelant Bennett, Martellus CHI TE

7.02 98. Mr. Irrevelant Clay, Charles MIA TE

1.03 3. Stinkin Ref Manning, Peyton DEN QB

2.14 30. Stinkin Ref Ball, Montee DEN RB

6.14 94. Stinkin Ref Sproles, Darren PHI RB

4.14 62. Stinkin Ref Jackson, DeSean WAS WR

5.03 67. Stinkin Ref White, Roddy ATL WR

7.03 99. Stinkin Ref Williams, Terrance DAL WR

3.03 35. Stinkin Ref Witten, Jason DAL TE

5.04 68. Hit N Run Brady, Tom NEP QB

2.13 29. Hit N Run Foster, Arian HOU RB

4.13 61. Hit N Run Jennings, Rashad NYG RB

3.04 36. Hit N Run Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

6.13 93. Hit N Run Cooper, Riley PHI WR

7.04 100. Hit N Run Nicks, Hakeem IND WR

1.04 4. Hit N Run Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

6.12 92. Reaper Palmer, Carson ARI QB

7.05 101. Reaper Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

1.05 5. Reaper Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

2.12 28. Reaper Stacy, Zac STL RB

3.05 37. Reaper Garcon, Pierre

5.05 69. Reaper Smith, Torrey BAL WR

4.12 60. Reaper Ertz, Zach PHI TE

5.06 70. BroadwayG Ryan, Matt ATL QB

6.11 91. BroadwayG Cutler, Jay CHI QB

3.06 38. BroadwayG Ellington, Andre ARI RB

4.11 59. BroadwayG Tate, Ben CLE RB

1.06 6. BroadwayG Johnson, Calvin DET WR

2.11 27. BroadwayG Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR

7.06 102. BroadwayG Walker, Delanie TEN TE

5.07 71. nittanylion Griffin III, Robert WAS QB

1.07 7. nittanylion Lacy, Eddie GBP RB

6.10 90. nittanylion Gerhart, Toby JAC RB

3.07 39. nittanylion Allen, Keenan SDC WR

4.10 58. nittanylion Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

2.10 26. nittanylion Thomas, Julius DEN TE

6.09 89. FF Ninja Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

1.08 8. FF Ninja Forte, Matt CHI RB

2.09 25. FF Ninja Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

3.08 40. FF Ninja Johnson, Andre HOU WR

4.09 57. FF Ninja Wallace, Mike MIA WR

5.08 72. FF Ninja Miller, Heath PIT TE

5.09 73. by the sea wannabe Wilson, Russell SEA QB

6.08 88. by the sea wannabe Romo, Tony DAL QB

3.09 41. by the sea wannabe Vereen, Shane NEP RB

4.08 56. by the sea wannabe Jackson, Steven ATL RB

1.09 9. by the sea wannabe Green, A.J. CIN WR

2.08 24. by the sea wannabe Brown, Antonio PIT WR

5.10 74. FUBAR Rivers, Philip SDC QB

2.07 23. FUBAR Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

1.10 10. FUBAR Gordon, Josh CLE WR

3.10 42. FUBAR Harvin, Percy SEA WR

6.07 87. FUBAR Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR

4.07 55. FUBAR Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

3.11 43. RedZone Stafford, Matthew DET QB

4.06 54. RedZone Johnson, Chris FA* RB

5.11 75. RedZone Richardson, Trent IND RB

1.11 11. RedZone Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

6.06 86. RedZone Decker, Eric NYJ WR

2.06 22. RedZone Davis, Vernon SFO TE

5.12 76. Norseman Newton, Cam CAR QB

2.05 21. Norseman Murray, DeMarco DAL RB

3.12 44. Norseman Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

4.05 53. Norseman Cruz, Victor NYG WR

6.05 85. Norseman Wayne, Reggie IND WR

1.12 12. Norseman Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

4.04 52. Rudnicki Luck, Andrew IND QB

2.04 20. Rudnicki Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

3.13 45. Rudnicki Morris, Alfred WAS RB

1.13 13. Rudnicki Bryant, Dez DAL WR

5.13 77. Rudnicki Edelman, Julian NEP WR

6.04 84. Rudnicki Floyd, Michael ARI WR

2.03 19. kardplayer Brees, Drew NOS QB

1.14 14. kardplayer Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

5.14 78. kardplayer Gore, Frank SFO RB

3.14 46. kardplayer Welker, Wes DEN WR

4.03 51. kardplayer Olsen, Greg CAR TE

6.03 83. kardplayer Gates, Antonio SDC TE

2.02 18. Fourth and Forever Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

1.15 15. Fourth and Forever Martin, Doug TBB RB

6.02 82. Fourth and Forever Moreno, Knowshon MIA RB

3.15 47. Fourth and Forever Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

5.15 79. Fourth and Forever Colston, Marques NOS WR

4.02 50. Fourth and Forever Reed, Jordan WAS TE

5.16 80. Pictus Cat Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB

3.16 48. Pictus Cat Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

6.01 81. Pictus Cat Bell, Joique DET RB

1.16 16. Pictus Cat Jones, Julio ATL WR

2.01 17. Pictus Cat Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

4.01 49. Pictus Cat Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

I like BroadwayG and StinkinRef right now. Interested in Rud's thoughts on not having a TE yet in this format.

I don't get the Blackmon pick, I still read he is suspended Indefinitely and was just in an early morning car crash last month (reportedly no drugs or alcohol involved). Is he eligible to play or be traded this year?

Martin and Moreno as an RB tandem scare me. Martin coming back from an injury and did not play well prior to, Moreno entering the Miami backfield, and have they improved that O-line? Locker room issues in Miami? Why no longer term contract for Moreno after last year and why did Denver let him go so easily?

Olsen and Gates as TE tandem also uncomfortable. Olsen is on the Panthers who have at this moment three WR if you count the guy in the stands that catches hot dogs from the vendor. Newton coming off surgery (was it ankle?) so will he plant as well and be as mobile? Gates, man is getting up in the years. He is a warrior, but Father Time has never lost a war.

I think Norseman has the Dr. James Andrews team - Newton, Wayne, Gronk and the Carolina WR situation again.

FUBAR could be really good, if Gordon was not a fluke last year and stays out of trouble, Harvin is healthy and gets Tate's touches plus his own. BTSW team is all safe picks.

I'll look at the rest later.

2.14 Montee Ball RB DEN

6.14 Darren Sproles RB PHI

I was watching the NFL network or something a week or so ago and Brees was on there and he was talking about how much he was going to miss Sproles, not just on the football field, I guess they worked out together, etc. But he did talk about him as a player and how special he was. You know my first reaction when I saw he went to PHI was well I guess he'll be behind McCoy and in the mix with Brown and Polk and maybe help out a little on special teams. But then I started thinking, you know, this is Darren ####### Sproles and this is Chip ####### Kelly. Kind of a match made in heaven. I got a feeling I am going to kick myself for not drafting him in some of the other leagues already. I just have this vision of Sproles producing enough to wind up in the top 20 RB rankings most weeks when Bloom and Dodds and the boys put out their weekly rankings. I think he can do a lot with minimal touches and with Jackson gone, I could see Sproles lining up in the slot a little and on the field at the same time with McCoy. That could be a tough matchup for the D. In a PPR league, I'm down with him as my RB2, I think his situation is legit.

5.03 Roddy White WR ATL

7.03 Terrance Williams WR DAL

I went into this turn (6.14 and 7.03) with the initial intention of grabbing Willams or Emmanuel Sanders with one of these picks. Any DEN WR has a shot at a career year and there are fantasy points to be had at their WR2 or WR3 spot. With Bass and Mr I already having two RB's on board, I almost passed on Sproles and went WR with my 6.14 pick, thinking there was a pretty good chance Sproles would survive the turn and get back to me. Then I said screw that, as I would have been pretty pissed if he didn't, I coveted Sproles more than a WR at that point. So kinda glad I took Sproles there even though Bass and Mr. I both passed on RB. The turn also gave me some time to reflect on Sanders. If I took him, I would have 3 donkeys in my first 7 picks. I think Sanders is going to have a big year, but he is sharing with Welker and the two Thomas boys. When I took Spoles, I really didn't think Williams would make it thru the turn. Most are calling for a huge breakout, and I must admit his situation is pretty sweet right now. I knew Bass would go with a QB, but his Blackmon pick surprised me a little as did Mr. I doubling up on TE. Williams felt like a gift.

3.03 Jason Witten TE DAL

The 6-7 turn allowed me to add two guys that seem to be in pretty good fantasy situations. Sproles is an explosive player (not really sure what happened last year) in an offense that seems ready to take advantage of his skill set. And Williams showed us last year he has game and has been handed the WR2 spot in what should be a pass happy offense with Dez demanding a ton of coverage. I guess by defintion all of my WR are WR2's, but it doesn't really feel that way. There were plenty of WR's that are technically WR1's on their respective teams that I could have pulled the trigger on, but their week to week ceiling doesn't seem as high. I think I added some more pop here.

7.03 Terrance Williams WR DAL

I went into this turn (6.14 and 7.03) with the initial intention of grabbing Willams or Emmanuel Sanders with one of these picks. Any DEN WR has a shot at a career year and there are fantasy points to be had at their WR2 or WR3 spot. With Bass and Mr I already having two RB's on board, I almost passed on Sproles and went WR with my 6.14 pick, thinking there was a pretty good chance Sproles would survive the turn and get back to me. Then I said screw that, as I would have been pretty pissed if he didn't, I coveted Sproles more than a WR at that point. So kinda glad I took Sproles there even though Bass and Mr. I both passed on RB. The turn also gave me some time to reflect on Sanders. If I took him, I would have 3 donkeys in my first 7 picks. I think Sanders is going to have a big year, but he is sharing with Welker and the two Thomas boys. When I took Spoles, I really didn't think Williams would make it thru the turn. Most are calling for a huge breakout, and I must admit his situation is pretty sweet right now. I knew Bass would go with a QB, but his Blackmon pick surprised me a little as did Mr. I doubling up on TE. Williams felt like a gift.
FWIW, if I hadn't committed myself to going TE/TE at the turn Williams would unquestionably have been my pick right in front of you ... but taking Bennett as my TE1 wouldn't have made much sense if I couldn't land a higher-upside guy to pair with him ... and there were only 3 names left at TE I think have any sort of "breakout" potential this season. If one of them winds up making it back to 8.15, I'll probably kick myself, but them's the breaks picking near the ends in these 16-teamers.

Terrance Williams I had rated equal or better to Decker. I went with Decker, I don't know why, I ask myself sometimes.

Agree with Red Zones concerns about Moreno. Kind of regretted the pick as soon as I made it. Oh well. Probably end up being bad strategy, but took Miller hoping 1 of the 2 with work out ??? :doh:

I like BroadwayG and StinkinRef right now. Interested in Rud's thoughts on not having a TE yet in this format.

I don't get the Blackmon pick, I still read he is suspended Indefinitely and was just in an early morning car crash last month (reportedly no drugs or alcohol involved). Is he eligible to play or be traded this year?

Martin and Moreno as an RB tandem scare me. Martin coming back from an injury and did not play well prior to, Moreno entering the Miami backfield, and have they improved that O-line? Locker room issues in Miami? Why no longer term contract for Moreno after last year and why did Denver let him go so easily?

Olsen and Gates as TE tandem also uncomfortable. Olsen is on the Panthers who have at this moment three WR if you count the guy in the stands that catches hot dogs from the vendor. Newton coming off surgery (was it ankle?) so will he plant as well and be as mobile? Gates, man is getting up in the years. He is a warrior, but Father Time has never lost a war.

I think Norseman has the Dr. James Andrews team - Newton, Wayne, Gronk and the Carolina WR situation again.

FUBAR could be really good, if Gordon was not a fluke last year and stays out of trouble, Harvin is healthy and gets Tate's touches plus his own. BTSW team is all safe picks.

I'll look at the rest later.
Here's my thinking with Blackmon...

I felt like I was gifted Dalton and Rice. I have a couple of options later for QB2. Ridley was a consideration, but he has limited upside. When I looked at the board, Blackmon seemed to be the only guy left with top 5 talent at his position. Could be a total whiff, but I felt so far ahead of the game elsewhere I could afford to give up some depth. The Jags have said they are not going to cut or release Blackmon. That must mean they have an inkling he'll be back.

5.16 Pictus Cat Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB

7.16 Pictus Cat Bradford, Sam STL QB

10.01 Pictus Cat Manziel, Johnny ROOK QB

Two with a job. Kaps crime details seem a little goofy. I'm taking the under on missing any time because of it...I also drafted Hernandez in last years SSL.

3.16 Pictus Cat Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

6.01 Pictus Cat Bell, Joique DET RB

8.01 Pictus Cat Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Mathews has a hold of the job. The other RBs in SDs stables are a concern for some fantasy owners, but the flip side is motivation for Mathews. Color me half full. Bell will produce some stats with the upside of who gets hurt first in DET. Pierre may find some more targets vacated by Sproles.

1.16 Pictus Cat Jones, Julio ATL WR

2.01 Pictus Cat Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

9.16 Pictus Cat Steve Johnson WR BUF

Julio becomes a bigger part of the offense as the aged fade. Cutler telegraphs his passes, so he requires WRs that can bail him out. Enter the beast.

4.01 Pictus Cat Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Productive TE with more weapons on offense to get him more on an island.

Overall, balanced so far while I build a WR 3 committee. Out of the no QB 2 trap. RB cerebrus, QB and TE should churn mid #s.

5.10 74. FUBAR Rivers, Philip SDC QB

There are a few QBs who will fall that I like enough to be my #2 QB, though frankly I had planned on taking Manuel or Locker with pick 8.07

2.07 23. FUBAR Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

8.07 119. FUBAR Hyde, Carlos ??? RB

second rookie off the board. Carlos has skills, just have to hope he lands in a decent situation this year. His upside was too big to pass here IMO.

1.10 10. FUBAR Gordon, Josh CLE WR
3.10 42. FUBAR Harvin, Percy SEA WR
6.07 87. FUBAR Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR

7.10 106. FUBAR Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR

Really like this group. Sanders will probably outscore Maclin but maybe with more variance. He did well enough last year with Ben, he should score touchdowns with Peyton.

4.07 55. FUBAR Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE
Will have to see, but I suspect one of the current tier of TEs will fall to me.

More risk than I'd usually like, but I think the WRs will keep me alive for a while.

8/9 turn left a lot of options for me. I'm really not sure why Stills was still out there. I really didn't want to take him because I accumulating him at an alarming rate in these drafts. He had 5 TDs last year and an insane 20.0 yd/rec rate. Brees is good for a lot of TDs/yds and a lot of that production is still left on the board. Pierce is kind of a yawn pick. I'm all in on Kubiak improving the Bal offense and a lot of it going through the RBs, especially at the goal line. If Rice sees any type of suspension, I'm protected (assuming they don't bring in a rookie). Obviously Pierce has more value to me with Rice on board, but I didn't think he'd make it back to me.

All that said, I was very close to pulling the trigger on a MJD/Dmac double dip at the turn. If I hadn't of take Blackmon earlier, I could have skipped Stills. I also felt like leaving options open to draft BPA 2 rounds from now.

5.06 Matt Ryan

6.11 Jay Cutler

3.06 Andre Ellington

4.11 Ben Tate

1.06 Calvin Johnson

2.11 Alshon Jeffry

8.11 Rueben Randle

7.06 Delanie Walker

9.06 Dwayne Allen

When I took Walker in the 7th I was trying to decide between him and Allen. Walker's consistency and concern about Allen's performance coming off the injury led me to take the Titan. I had a lot of flexibility in the 8th, decided to reinforce the WR position with Randle. When Allen was still around in the 9th, it was a sprint up to the podium. Targets will be a concern in Indy, but well worth the risk here.

Users who are viewing this thread