What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phoenix (or AZ in general) (1 Viewer)

How about golf options? I know there are a ton of them. And it's peak season so I am seeing $300+ tee times at some of the top courses.

I'm not going to commit to that much, so I'm looking at closer to the mid-range of $200/person. Add some club rentals and I'll be breaking $500 for a round of golf for my son and I.

I want something that is scenic and pretty decent. Just not $300+ decent....

How about golf options? I know there are a ton of them. And it's peak season so I am seeing $300+ tee times at some of the top courses.

I'm not going to commit to that much, so I'm looking at closer to the mid-range of $200/person. Add some club rentals and I'll be breaking $500 for a round of golf for my son and I.

Ended up with a tee time at TPC Champions Course on Wednesday. There were a lot of options but my son thought going to the TPC would be cool. Stadium course was $550+ each, the Champions course (which I read was better anyway) was closer to $250.

I'm 35k feet in the air right now, getting ready to touchdown in Phoenix in a couple of hours to attend a conference at the Arizona Biltmore. Won't have time to get out much, but I will try to get in this 5-mile loop hike in before the festivities start this evening. The trailhead is within walking distance of the hotel so it will probably be a 9-mile walk/hike once it's all said and done.

I'm 35k feet in the air right now, getting ready to touchdown in Phoenix in a couple of hours to attend a conference at the Arizona Biltmore. Won't have time to get out much, but I will try to get in this 5-mile loop hike in before the festivities start this evening. The trailhead is within walking distance of the hotel so it will probably be a 9-mile walk/hike once it's all said and done.
Damn, that hike kicked my ***. Despite walking four miles every day, Florida has ZERO elevation so I’m not used to the climb. My dogs are barkin! And my hips, my knees, my quads. Do I really have to go to the cocktail party tonight? #groan

Damn, that hike kicked my ***. Despite walking four miles every day, Florida has ZERO elevation so I’m not used to the climb. My dogs are barkin! And my hips, my knees, my quads. Do I really have to go to the cocktail party tonight? #groan

Numb your pain....

Just went golfing yesterday https://golfgilbert.com/
affordable. There are plenty of expensive and affordable courses

Go do camelback and get back to us.

I couldnt finish camelback. but got close my first time! and ive only hiked like 10 times before. easy stuff

I couldnt finish camelback. but got close my first time! and ive only hiked like 10 times before. easy stuff
I used to do it a lot when I lived there. My buddy would come get me at 5am in the summer, just so we could finish before the heat. There was this freaking stud who would run it, with his newborn on his back. He would do it twice. Before we finished once. Guy was unreal

Reactions: KGB
Heading to Arizona Saturday-Thursday.

Staying in Prescott at the Hassayampa Inn Sunday/Monday as part of our upcoming Arizona trip. Looks like an amazing place. I love staying at historic hotels like The Brown in Louisville and Union Station in St Louis so I'm looking forward to it.

Staying in Prescott at the Hassayampa Inn Sunday/Monday as part of our upcoming Arizona trip. Looks like an amazing place. I love staying at historic hotels like The Brown in Louisville and Union Station in St Louis so I'm looking forward to it.
Did you ever end up going to Sedona a few years back?

Did you ever end up going to Sedona a few years back?
Yes, loved it. We're going to go again for a day this next week. Playing a lot of our trip by ear as my wife hurt her leg so much of the hiking we had planned is probably out of the question.

Nice. Downtown Prescott is a good time. Let me know if you want some recommendations.

I think I’m staying in Prescott valley Monday night as I have court hearings in that area early next week. I’m currently typing this from Cottonwood and the weather is great.

Nice. Downtown Prescott is a good time. Let me know if you want some recommendations.

I think I’m staying in Prescott valley Monday night as I have court hearings in that area early next week. I’m currently typing this from Cottonwood and the weather is great.
We're up for anything that's not a bar scene - just not our style. Funny that we're staying on "Whiskey Row".

Hassayampa is great. It's a Trost & Trost hotel. They designed hotels all over the SW back in the 1930's -40's. They have a very distinctive style. The Holland Hotel in Alpine, TX and El Rancho in Gallup, NM are two more that are still in operation.

My in-laws booked a house in Scottsdale for a week. We'll meet them there.

In July. They booked this for July. :mellow:
Uhhhh why?

I was going to say I'd be happy to meet up for a beer but, **** man, it's basically the surface of the sun in July. Maybe you need to head a couple hours north up the hill for a day trip and I'll happily buy you a beer.

These same people booked Disney World in August. I.....I don't have any say. I refused to go to Disney but I'm going to have to go on this one. I'm pretty sure I'll just burst into flames upon arrival and that'll be it for GM.
Two hours north... a much more tolerable 80 degrees or so, pines, and good beer.

ETA: Scottsdale is really nice and you'll still have a good time in the pool and stuff. But it's really too hot to do anything but be in a pool when the sun is out.

Yup, all of these things I'm acutely aware of. I lobbied for a different location, but it's like spitting into the ocean or yelling into the wind with them. Part of me just wants to sit back and watch them complain about the heat for a week.

We actually like to visit in the heat of summer because our daughter is a little fish and we can still swim, and you can book some really nice places at really low rates.

I'll occasionally wake up early for a quick hike or 9 holes before the heat of the day, but mostly splashing in some really nice pools for really low rates.

TPC Scottsdale is $200 in July for some reason.....my FIL/BILs want to play, but I'm just not cut out for 18 on a nice course.

I will be disc golfing, so if anybody has suggestions for 6am disc golf on the surface of the sun, I'm all ears.

I stayed here a few years ago and they still had a hand operated elevator, like had a guy had to come in and close the gate manually and operate it.

Users who are viewing this thread