What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pitt RB situation (1 Viewer)

As crazy as it sounds, this could wind up being good news for Bell. I'd say there is a possibility Blount gets outright cut and Bell is suspended 1 game.
You're right, that does sound crazy. This is not good news for Bell.
In dynasty, I'd take the one game without Bell if it meant Blount gets cut.
This is exactly my point, but some of these guys missed it
I don't think anyone missed it. I just think it's a crazy and delusional point.

Totally disagree with JB's/FBG email saying drop both guys a round or 2 based on this arrest. Well Blount, possibly because of how late hes getting drafted, but when it comes to Bell no way this drops him to a 3rd or a ridiculous 4th round pick

Totally disagree with JB's/FBG email saying drop both guys a round or 2 based on this arrest. Well Blount, possibly because of how late hes getting drafted, but when it comes to Bell no way this drops him to a 3rd or a ridiculous 4th round pick
Couldn't agree more! Both guys could face a Steeler imposed one game suspension, but that's about it.

Im having trouble figuring why it's so difficult to envision Blount getting cut.

I dont think it's likely, but I think the odds fall between 5-1 and 10-1; so that means a 10-20% chance given that:

-The Steelers are who they are

-Blount is more expendable, and therefore easier to make an example of, and

-Blount has a rap sheet long enough to make many teams pass on the opportunity of signing him in recent years

Bell is a first-timer and even though he was driving, which may result in a more event-driven penalty for Bell, the big picture here is not in Blount's favor with his history....but if he's not charged for this then the Steelers will have the option of looking the other way entirely; thus the long-shot odds of him being cut.

Pit backfield: Dumb and Dumber
I'd prefer to think of them as Cheech and Chong.
Morons, everywhere, MORONS!

I'm not judging them on fact that they bought some weed. I'm judging them based on the fact that they are nfl players on training camp, DRIVING baked and with a lot of weed in their car, knowing full well what the potential repercussions if that could be if caught.

MORONS.

Im having trouble figuring why it's so difficult to envision Blount getting cut.
Because Blount's not the one with the DUI? Because while he is one dimensional, he is also the better pure runner of the two?

What is on Blount's "rap sheet" since entering the NFL?

Because Blount's not the one with the DUI? Because while he is one dimensional, he is also the better pure runner of the two?

What is on Blount's "rap sheet" since entering the NFL?
This:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/running-back-legarrette-blount-led-attack-beaten-bucs-fan-says/1205018

An article defending his character after the Titans incident and also the famous college incident:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1165807-defending-legarrette-blount-why-its-time-to-abandon-the-character-concerns

...and, not only from the inicidents above, he apparently has a dubious reputation that made it difficult for him to get signed in free agency.

people overreacting much??

It's not good, but lets say Bell does get suspended 2 games either this year or next. Good god. Thats no death sentence to his value

PIT - Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount Charged

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Colin Dunlap

Pittsburgh Pirates RB Le'Veon Bell and RB LeGarrette Blount were charged by Ross Township Police Wednesday, Aug. 20, with marijuana possession. Bell was also charged with driving under the influence (DUI) after the traffic stop Wednesday.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Stay tuned for more on this. The speculation for possible punishment here has been all over the map. From some sort of suspension this year to no punishment at all. Stay tuned.

Adam Schefter
1 min ·
More on arrests of Steelers RBs LeVeon Bell and LeGarrette Blount:

Bell and Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police. Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana. Bell, Blount and the female passenger were arrested and released. All three are expected to receive notice of formal charges through the mail said Kohlhepp. The possession and DUI charges are both misdemeanors. The Steelers play a preseason game in Philadelphia on Thursday.
Sounds like this could be a good basis for a CHiPs reunion TV movie.

Because Blount's not the one with the DUI? Because while he is one dimensional, he is also the better pure runner of the two?What is on Blount's "rap sheet" since entering the NFL?
This:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/running-back-legarrette-blount-led-attack-beaten-bucs-fan-says/1205018

An article defending his character after the Titans incident and also the famous college incident:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1165807-defending-legarrette-blount-why-its-time-to-abandon-the-character-concerns

...and, not only from the inicidents above, he apparently has a dubious reputation that made it difficult for him to get signed in free agency.
That's his horrible rap sheet in the NFL? A shakedown attempt in an incident where police didn't even see fit to charge him and a training camp punch?

:lol:

Yeah, you've got a serial bad actor there.

Because Blount's not the one with the DUI? Because while he is one dimensional, he is also the better pure runner of the two?What is on Blount's "rap sheet" since entering the NFL?
This:

That's his horrible rap sheet in the NFL? A shakedown attempt in an incident where police didn't even see fit to charge him and a training camp punch?

OK, tune into NFL radio right now and Phil Steele will tell you all you need to know.

He's a bad seed apparently and NFL teams turned away from him because of what I cited above and other incidents.

Sorry....

This:

OK, tune into NFL radio right now and Phil Steele will tell you all you need to know.

He's a bad seed apparently and NFL teams turned away from him because of what I cited above and other incidents.

Sorry....
Following up on this:

they are blasting Blount's history & reputation left and right, but are saying they do not think Blount will get cut.

This:

That's his horrible rap sheet in the NFL? A shakedown attempt in an incident where police didn't even see fit to charge him and a training camp punch? :lol:

Sorry....
Following up on this:

they are blasting Blount's history & reputation left and right, but are saying they do not think Blount will get cut.
From rotoworld:

Following Wednesday's marijuana and DUI arrest, Le'Veon Bell did not travel with the Steelers for Thursday night's third preseason game at Philadelphia.

LeGarrette Blount did make the trip after being arrested as well.

Sorry

From rotoworld:Following Wednesday's marijuana and DUI arrest, Le'Veon Bell did not travel with the Steelers for Thursday night's third preseason game at Philadelphia.

LeGarrette Blount did make the trip after being arrested as well.

Sorry
Thanks for this 12 hour old breaking news.

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't fix stupid.

I'm not concerned about the pot. Bell should be just fine since it is his first issue I believe. But these morons risk MILLIONS of future dollars just to roll in the hay with Mary Jane.

Perhaps they are soooo stupid that they don't know the difference between 5 zeros following the preceeding number or 6 or 7 zeros following the preceeding number? Either way it's alot of money to a kid from the ghetto. So live it up while you got it I guess.

I dont think it's likely, but I think the odds fall between 5-1 and 10-1; so that means a 10-20% chance given that:

-Blount has a rap sheet long enough to make many teams pass on the opportunity of signing him in recent years

Bell is a first-timer and even though he was driving, which may result in a more event-driven penalty for Bell, the big picture here is not in Blount's favor with his history....but if he's not charged for this then the Steelers will have the option of looking the other way entirely; thus the long-shot odds of him being cut.
There is an 82.3% chance these odds are completely arbitrary and having nothing to do with reality.

There is an 82.3% chance these odds are completely arbitrary and having nothing to do with reality.
That's for sure!

Can't fix stupid.

I'm not concerned about the pot. Bell should be just fine since it is his first issue I believe. But these morons risk MILLIONS of future dollars just to roll in the hay with Mary Jane.

Perhaps they are soooo stupid that they don't know the difference between 5 zeros following the preceeding number or 6 or 7 zeros following the preceeding number? Either way it's alot of money to a kid from the ghetto. So live it up while you got it I guess.
Peens?

rickyg said:

I'm not judging them on fact that they bought some weed. I'm judging them based on the fact that they are nfl players on training camp, DRIVING baked and with a lot of weed in their car, knowing full well what the potential repercussions if that could be if caught.

MORONS.
You take your weed home to smoke it, and you don't toke up with your dealer before you leave. You definitely don't smoke in the car.

Just one of the common sense ways of getting around the nonsensical marijuana prohibition.

I wouldn't go as far to call them morons. Even if they made a bad decision, I've seen worse.

Warpig said:
Can't fix stupid.

are those guys from the ghetto?

rickyg said:

MORONS.
You take your weed home to smoke it, and you don't toke up with your dealer before you leave. You definitely don't smoke in the car.

Just one of the common sense ways of getting around the nonsensical marijuana prohibition.

I wouldn't go as far to call them morons. Even if they made a bad decision, I've seen worse.
Screw that, if you are an NFL player you pay the few extra bucks to have that stuff delivered to your place if you even have to pay extra at all.

Warpig said:
Can't fix stupid.

are those guys from the ghetto?
I think he means they're black.

Bell is from suburbia. Blount is from the sticks.

No way Dri Archer gets the bulk of carries even if both are suspended, right? I would think they'd bring someone in to be the primary if both were unavailable.

Tango said:
Bronco Billy said:
Tango said:
Bronco Billy said:
Tango said:
There is a reason Blount has bounced around. Even after doing some very good things up in NE. To think Tomlin didn't give him a "you got one chance" speech is foolish. I also think as more of a veteran he's going to take some heat for not being a role model to the younger Bell.This:

Sorry....
There is a reason Blount has bounced around. Even after doing some very good things up in NE. To think Tomlin didn't give him a "you got one chance" speech is foolish. I also think as more of a veteran he's going to take some heat for not being a role model to the younger Bell.

rickyg said:

MORONS.

Screw that, if you are an NFL player you pay the few extra bucks to have that stuff delivered to your place if you even have to pay extra at all.
But what happens when you just have to have Doritos right now?!?!

No way Dri Archer gets the bulk of carries even if both are suspended, right? I would think they'd bring someone in to be the primary if both were unavailable.
Depends. Are they suspended for just one game? Who is the opponent? How do they feel about his pass pro at the time of the hypothetical game?

There's just too many unknowns at this point to say.

Depends. Are they suspended for just one game? Who is the opponent? How do they feel about his pass pro at the time of the hypothetical game?

There's just too many unknowns at this point to say.
I agree that there are too many unknowns but I would think that even if both were suspended for the same game, one of them could probably file an appeal to delay it a week or two so they both wouldn't be out the same week. That said I think there is a decent chance the suspensions may not occur until next season and by that time it may be a moot point as far as the Steelers go.

By the way, both of them are in Philadelphia for the preseason game tonight. The 3rd preseason game is considered the most important in terms of preparing for the season but there is a good chance Tomlin sits them both as a disciplinary action.

I am fully prepared to see bell and Blount suspended for game 1, if for no other reason they can just pass their way to victory against the hapless browns.

Users who are viewing this thread