What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

pittman and andre hall to IR (1 Viewer)

They have to sign another guy. There is no way they can finish the season with just these two guys.
And thus was bestowed upon Denver the glooooorious return of Tatum Bell!
...he's got a lot of baggage. Not sure their security camera system can keep up with him either.
True. But to be fair, a lot of it isn't even his.
:thumbup: Post of the day!
Forget that - post of the YEARStill my favorite story of the year, that one.

Still trying to figure out what Young has done wrong other than getting injured???? Why does he seem to have no chance even though he was the starting RB, looked good when given the chance, and has a great YPC so far this year.

I have caught a few games but have not seen the whole picture, am I missing something or this the typical new guy rookie hype.

.33ypcSTUD
Heard the same thing about Hightowers low ypc. Torain had 3 carries (2 of which were goaline), Jury is still out, Court is in session...Choo Choooooooooo
Help me out here. Which two were goalline carries? 1-5-MIA 5 (4:38) 42-R.Torain up the middle to MIA 2 for 3 yards 1-10-DEN 20 (2:17) 42-R.Torain right end to DEN 18 for -2 yards 2-21-DEN 36 (6:20) 42-R.Torain up the middle to DEN 36 for no gain
:football: Clearly the jury is still out on Torain. Even if none of the carries had been goalline carries, we're talking about only THREE carries, and they're the first three carries this ROOKIE RB has had, after a grand total of TWO FULL WEEKS OF PRACTICE. I realize that some people want to induct him into the HOF already, which is obviously utterly ridiculous, but it seems like some folks on the other extreme already want to write him off as a worthless RB who should never have even been drafted, which is ridiculous as well.We'll hopefully have some more evidence to judge Torain after Week 10 (although with Shanahan, you never know for sure). I had room and picked him up -- not because I'm at all convinced he's the next Terrell Davis, but because with Hall & Pittman out, he looks like a decent lottery ticket, especially in a larger league where starting RBs of any value are hard to come by. And while I'm not crazy enough to think I know with any certainty what Torain will do in Week 10, I AM reasonably certain that it will be way too late to try and get him AFTER Week 10 in most large leagues if it turns out that he DOES have value going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a person who grabbed Torain last week in hopes he would break out big in week 9 so that I could trade him before the week 10 deadline...I'm feeling great right now.

Would any of you drop LJ to pickup Torain (redraft)? I'm sitting on LJ, Deuce McAlister, and I just cut Edge for JJ Arrington. My RB situation is scary, and a guy who's getting carries (Torain) could really help me. I know this should be in the Asst Coach forum but this is the thread getting all the action right now.
I'd drop Arrington, actually.

per cbssportsline

Torain front-runner for RB job

Ryan Torain, RB DEN

News: The Broncos placed RBs Michael Pittman and Andre Hall on Injured Reserve Monday, leaving them with Ryan Torain and Selvin Young as the only healthy running backs on the roster. Pittman re-aggravated a stinger in his neck while Hall hurt his left hand in the team's loss vs. Miami in Week 9.

Analysis: Pittman was an early-season stud for owners while Hall has had some potential but never was able to produce mass yards on a consistent basis. Owners should cut ties with both Pittman and Hall immediately. We've been big fans of Torain since July and feel that he'll be the best rushing option for Denver going forward with Young part of the corps backing him up even though he had just 1 rush yard in his NFL debut against the Fins. Consider Torain a sneaky No. 3 Fantasy RB at this point for their game at Cleveland this Thursday as part of Week 10 action. :football:

Would any of you drop LJ to pickup Torain (redraft)? I'm sitting on LJ, Deuce McAlister, and I just cut Edge for JJ Arrington. My RB situation is scary, and a guy who's getting carries (Torain) could really help me. I know this should be in the Asst Coach forum but this is the thread getting all the action right now.
LJ, Deuce and Edge on the same FF team.Dude, have a couple cold ones and enjoy MNF. I know you deserve it. :banned:

Still trying to figure out what Young has done wrong other than getting injured???? Why does he seem to have no chance even though he was the starting RB, looked good when given the chance, and has a great YPC so far this year. I have caught a few games but have not seen the whole picture, am I missing something or this the typical new guy rookie hype.
I agree with you. The only answer I have is that the Rat is an idiot. It is worth noting that Young has been injured so if he's limited it makes sense that Torain would get his opportunity.

They have to sign another guy. There is no way they can finish the season with just these two guys.
And thus was bestowed upon Denver the glooooorious return of Tatum Bell!
...he's got a lot of baggage. Not sure their security camera system can keep up with him either.
True. But to be fair, a lot of it isn't even his.
:banned: Post of the day!
C'mon... Credit for that has to go to Bizkiteer. He made the joke. PS - Choo Choo

per cbssportslineTorain front-runner for RB job Ryan Torain, RB DENNews: The Broncos placed RBs Michael Pittman and Andre Hall on Injured Reserve Monday, leaving them with Ryan Torain and Selvin Young as the only healthy running backs on the roster. Pittman re-aggravated a stinger in his neck while Hall hurt his left hand in the team's loss vs. Miami in Week 9.Analysis: Pittman was an early-season stud for owners while Hall has had some potential but never was able to produce mass yards on a consistent basis. Owners should cut ties with both Pittman and Hall immediately. We've been big fans of Torain since July and feel that he'll be the best rushing option for Denver going forward with Young part of the corps backing him up even though he had just 1 rush yard in his NFL debut against the Fins. Consider Torain a sneaky No. 3 Fantasy RB at this point for their game at Cleveland this Thursday as part of Week 10 action. :football:
Not sure why they would deem Torain the "front-runner" at this point. We'll see.

The Broncos running game is toast. It was not much to begin with. This is Cutler's team and they will throw the ball 40-50 times a week with that defense.

This if anything is great for Cutler and Marshall, and Royal owners because now it will be an air show all day every week.

The Broncos running game is toast. It was not much to begin with. This is Cutler's team and they will throw the ball 40-50 times a week with that defense.This if anything is great for Cutler and Marshall, and Royal owners because now it will be an air show all day every week.
OK, who stands the best chance to be the RB in a very pass heavy offense- receiver & pass blocker?TorrianYoungHillis

The Broncos running game is toast. It was not much to begin with. This is Cutler's team and they will throw the ball 40-50 times a week with that defense.This if anything is great for Cutler and Marshall, and Royal owners because now it will be an air show all day every week.
OK, who stands the best chance to be the RB in a very pass heavy offense- receiver & pass blocker?TorrianYoungHillis
I own Torain, not Young, and think Young is the more complete back. From what Hillis did on Sunday you can assume he is the 3rd down back, but overall I think Young has more tools. That doesn't mean he will get any carries.

Hillis really impressed me, that guy was incredible yesterday.

Don't be surprised if he ends up getting some carries as the season wears on. Who knows with Shanahan. If I recall correctly, Droughns was the starting FB the year he ended up leading the team in rushing. If Hillis turns out to be the best RB, I think he will be as close to "the guy" as Denver can have. Still, I think Torain and Young will get their chances first.

Selvin Young's game logs from early season look pretty good from a YPC perspective- when Denver was winning games. No catches. But his chances to get 50% of the touches once he's healthy with Pittman and Hall on IR look good. I'd say Young moves from RB5 to low end RB3 (again when healthy).

CBSSports.com Broncos RB Ryan Torain figures to take over at running back after Michael Pittman and Andre Hall went on injured reserve Monday, but rookie fullback Peyton Hillis said he's willing to fill in at tailback if needed. Hillis is coming off a game in which he caught seven passes for 116 yards, becoming the first Denver running back with more than 100 yards receiving since Floyd Little in 1974. "I'm here to do whatever they tell me to do," said Hillis, who played a little tailback at Arkansas when Darren McFadden needed a breather. "I'm a football player, and I like to be versatile and do a lot of different things. Wherever they need me on a certain week, I'd love to do it."(Updated 11/03/2008). Fantasy Analysis If Hillis ends up playing a fullback-turned-tailback role like Heath Evans (Patriots) and Brad Hoover (Panthers) have in recent years, he might actually develop some Fantasy value. This is all his own speculation at this point, though, and as much as the Broncos like Torain, Hillis wouldn't figure to get many carries even if his speculation came true true. Consider adding him only in deeper leagues.

.33ypc

STUD
Heard the same thing about Hightowers low ypc. Torain had 3 carries (2 of which were goaline), Jury is still out, Court is in session...Choo Choooooooooo
Help me out here. Which two were goalline carries?1-5-MIA 5 (4:38) 42-R.Torain up the middle to MIA 2 for 3 yards

1-10-DEN 20 (2:17) 42-R.Torain right end to DEN 18 for -2 yards

2-21-DEN 36 (6:20) 42-R.Torain up the middle to DEN 36 for no gain
:lmao: Clearly the jury is still out on Torain. Even if none of the carries had been goalline carries, we're talking about only THREE carries, and they're the first three carries this ROOKIE RB has had, after a grand total of TWO FULL WEEKS OF PRACTICE. I realize that some people want to induct him into the HOF already, which is obviously utterly ridiculous, but it seems like some folks on the other extreme already want to write him off as a worthless RB who should never have even been drafted, which is ridiculous as well.

We'll hopefully have some more evidence to judge Torain after Week 10 (although with Shanahan, you never know for sure). I had room and picked him up -- not because I'm at all convinced he's the next Terrell Davis, but because with Hall & Pittman out, he looks like a decent lottery ticket, especially in a larger league where starting RBs of any value are hard to come by. And while I'm not crazy enough to think I know with any certainty what Torain will do in Week 10, I AM reasonably certain that it will be way too late to try and get him AFTER Week 10 in most large leagues if it turns out that he DOES have value going forward.
Someone has to take the opposite view of these nutjobs.

Before the game, I would love to hear what guys like Cecil, Jeff, and Co. think about his chances on doing well this week. I think he could - if given the load - put up respectable numbers, especially against Cleveland that is letting up about 150/game on the ground.

I'm not sure what is going on in Bronco land, but they need to win badly on Thurs. They are still atop the AFC West somehow, and giving the rock to an untested rookie doesn't seem like the right play to me.

I think if Selvin is healthly he'll see a 65/35 split with T-money.

I am also curious to see how this Hillis thing plays out.

We could be back to the 3 headed monster again.

However, if Selvin is not healthy then I guess T-money has as good shot as anyone. Oh except Willis aka Healthly Scratch McGahee.

Sorry still ticked over that one.

MCguidance said:
Before the game, I would love to hear what guys like Cecil, Jeff, and Co. think about his chances on doing well this week. I think he could - if given the load - put up respectable numbers, especially against Cleveland that is letting up about 150/game on the ground.
Don't expect too much....Torain is on a short week and they'll be travelling one of those days, so he'll likely not have much in the way of time to prepare. Add in Peyton Hillis' effort (which caught my eye during a lackluster game against Miami) and I think you're looking at a split time with Hillis - but I always defer to Big Mex when it comes to the Broncos.Having watched the BAL / CLE game, Ray Rice certainly rolled up good numbers and ran hard, but his O-line is far better than Denver's. At first glance I say Torain is worth a flex play if you're short on backs, maybe 50-60 yards on 15-18 carries.

beaglemac said:
As a Cutler owner, I am scared.
If anything, I feel better about Cutty as a FF qb. It's not like the DEN run game was doing much lately anyway. 45 att. / game is now basically a lock. He just needs to stop locking in on a route, and forcing the ball where it doesn't belong. TOs are KILLING this entire team.As a Torian owner in a redraft, this might get interesting come playoff time - but only as a RB3/flex, and that's IF he does something significant over the next 2 weeks. On local radio here, I heard Alfred Williams (former Bronco D lineman iirc) say the DEN o line seems like they want NO part of run blocking. Great @ pass protecting, but they don't have the will / size to run block well. That, along w/ the unproven & potential RBBC talent in the broncos backfield should continue to cause the run game to be FF worthless.

beaglemac said:
As a Cutler owner, I am scared.
If anything, I feel better about Cutty as a FF qb. It's not like the DEN run game was doing much lately anyway. 45 att. / game is now basically a lock. He just needs to stop locking in on a route, and forcing the ball where it doesn't belong. TOs are KILLING this entire team.As a Torian owner in a redraft, this might get interesting come playoff time - but only as a RB3/flex, and that's IF he does something significant over the next 2 weeks.

On local radio here, I heard Alfred Williams (former Bronco D lineman iirc) say the DEN o line seems like they want NO part of run blocking. Great @ pass protecting, but they don't have the will / size to run block well. That, along w/ the unproven & potential RBBC talent in the broncos backfield should continue to cause the run game to be FF worthless.
Wow. Telling an OL that the don't have the "will" to run block ... that's like slappin' somebody's momma. Them's fightin' words.

MCguidance said:
Having watched the BAL / CLE game, Ray Rice certainly rolled up good numbers and ran hard, but his O-line is far better than Denver's. At first glance I say Torain is worth a flex play if you're short on backs, maybe 50-60 yards on 15-18 carries.
Woa Whaaaaaaat?????Not to single out Jeff here, because a lot of you are saying that Denver's o-line isn't that good at run blocking, but that is just flat out wrong. Denver has one of the best O-Lines in the league, period. They excel at both run blocking and pass protection. Any type of numbers, whether elementary or advanced, back that up.

FWIW, Baltimore also has a very good and underrated run-blocking line.

MCguidance said:
Having watched the BAL / CLE game, Ray Rice certainly rolled up good numbers and ran hard, but his O-line is far better than Denver's. At first glance I say Torain is worth a flex play if you're short on backs, maybe 50-60 yards on 15-18 carries.
Woa Whaaaaaaat?????Not to single out Jeff here, because a lot of you are saying that Denver's o-line isn't that good at run blocking, but that is just flat out wrong. Denver has one of the best O-Lines in the league, period. They excel at both run blocking and pass protection. Any type of numbers, whether elementary or advanced, back that up.

Did you see what Miami did last week?Denver's O-line is not what it used to be, and this is perpetuating the myth of the "RB Denver" fantasy stud.

when can we expect to hear some solid news about Selvin's health and how much he's expected to contribute this week??

per cbssportslineTorain front-runner for RB job Ryan Torain, RB DENNews: The Broncos placed RBs Michael Pittman and Andre Hall on Injured Reserve Monday, leaving them with Ryan Torain and Selvin Young as the only healthy running backs on the roster. Pittman re-aggravated a stinger in his neck while Hall hurt his left hand in the team's loss vs. Miami in Week 9.Analysis: Pittman was an early-season stud for owners while Hall has had some potential but never was able to produce mass yards on a consistent basis. Owners should cut ties with both Pittman and Hall immediately. We've been big fans of Torain since July and feel that he'll be the best rushing option for Denver going forward with Young part of the corps backing him up even though he had just 1 rush yard in his NFL debut against the Fins. Consider Torain a sneaky No. 3 Fantasy RB at this point for their game at Cleveland this Thursday as part of Week 10 action. :blackdot:
Not sure why they would deem Torain the "front-runner" at this point. We'll see.
It's cbssportsline, I'm guessing it is written by some "fantasy expert" who ownes Torain. Some people actually rely on the information that they put on their website, why they put crap like that up when it's obvious they have no clue is beyond me.

MCguidance said:

Did you see what Miami did last week?Denver's O-line is not what it used to be, and this is perpetuating the myth of the "RB Denver" fantasy stud.
Strange thing is I remember a time when it was the pass blocking that Denver had to worry about. Now they have one of the best pass blocking lines in the league and the run blocking has been pretty pedestrian.

I coined Cutmarsh for those of us that own the connection, however it doesn't seem that cute right now.

I coined Cutmarsh for those of us that own the connection, however it doesn't seem that cute right now.
I went with BranJay to capitalize on the whole BrAngelina marketing angle.Anyone want to buy a T-shirt?

captbly said:
dmac37 said:
Todem said:
Bobby Delpino called, says 1991 was not a fluke.

Todem said:
They play the Browns Thursday at Cleveland, and the Browns passing DT isn't to bad..its the Browns rushing DT that's bad.

From Rotoworld:

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan admitted it was possible that Ryan Torain could carry the ball 20 times against the Browns Thursday night.

Shanny said that Torain would have a "good chance" at 20 carries if he is the only guy out there, but he added that he's not eager to put Torain in that situation in his second career game. Fantasy leaguers should keep an eye on Selvin Young's status. If he struggles in practice Wednesday, Torain makes for an intriguing RB3/flex against the Browns.

MCguidance said:

1st off, it was one game. Denver has been able to run the ball all year long with whatever scrub they put in. They have just chose not to for whatever reason.2nd, Miami actually has a good run defense.

3rd, I'm not talking about any stud RB myth. I'm talking real life. Denver's o-line is top notch at both pass and run blocking. They had an off game vs Miami, although in the o-line's defense they got behind early and couldn't establish the run. And, they were blocking for 3 RBs that were not close to 100% and not very talented (Torain pending).

And, as I said, all the stats or metrics back up Denver being a top O-line at both pass AND run blocking.

Users who are viewing this thread