What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player Resolve: In a post-Kaepernick time...? (1 Viewer)

TheDirtyWord

Footballguy
This could be a third rail topic that could be placed here, FFA or the politics forum.  So if it needs to be moved, no worries.

But the last week has been a pretty interesting time in terms of NFL economy developments:

- Two of the leagues premier players withheld services and got market busting deals.  One of those players wound up getting traded and upon such, secured an even larger deal.

- The worlds foremost athletic apparel company aligned its most iconic campaign in its history with Kaepernick, perhaps/debatably the most polarizing athlete of his time.

The Le’Veon Bell situation is still up in the air, but the will he/won’t he show question seems much more real/tangible now than it did this time last week.

But has the NFL created a ‘Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan-Kenobi - If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine’ effect?  And are we starting to see players look at their own situation(s) with a different perspective particularly financially.

Would you someone please reframe / restate the OP?

I am not sure I understand what he’s trying to say.
Trying to figure that out myself.

Kaepernick has nothing to do with players holding out and not getting their way. that's nothing new in the NFL. players hold out. Emmitt Smith and Dickerson both held out the first 2 games of a season. 

Nike has nothing to do with the owners. 

The tag line of his ad is ‘Believe in something.  Even if it means sacrificing everything’.

Kaepernick is for all intents and purposes done as an NFL QB.  His standing and stature within the NFL player community has grown exponentially since he started sitting/kneeling.

Do/will players look at that...or have we started to see examples already where players stand their ground with more vigor/resolve in evaluating their worth because of the example Kaepernick has set (and continues to set) in their mind?  This could be individually...or collectively (next CBA?).  

Users who are viewing this thread