What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PLAYOFF FF (1 Viewer)

Bud

Footballguy
I was listening to a Lammey & Bloom podcast about playoff fantasy football and decided to commish a 6 team pool league. I wanted to know how you guys like to set up the rosters and such. I'm going with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. It seems like almost too many positions to play. Any thoughts? We are set up for standard PPR style scoring and having a draft. One other interesting option was allowing the individual players to be drafted up to three times. That could be fun.

Since we have most of our owners spread out over the country, we don't draft. We have everyone select 10 players, 5 from the top 3 seeds in each conference and 5 from the bottom 3 seeds. Scoring is .5 PPR/performance. Starters are 1QB 1RB 2 WR/TE 1 RB/WR/TE flex 1 K 1 D, you set your lineup each week. Many times people will not select a kicker but it could be an advantage if you get one that plays 2+ games. And depending on each year, we may take a player or 2 off the board. For instance this year Brady is not allowed on any rosters. More than likely he would have been selected by everyone if he was. Because of the small roster size, it's highly unlikely for multiple owners to have the same roster. Try this method, see what roster you can come up with. You will be surprised at how hard it is with such a small roster size.

1QB 1RB 2 WR/TE 1 RB/WR/TE flex 1 K 1 D

I like that roster flexibility better you mentioned. We are just having an online draft with guys in different parts of the country as well. Never have done playoff FF before so just want to set something up that is fair.

I play in two different playoff leagues:

#1) Draft league with 6 teams. 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF. As long as a player is still playing, you get his scores. Winner is owner with most points after the Super Bowl

#2) Each week, pick 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1Def. Can only use a player once throughout the playoffs. Winner is owner with most points after the Super Bowl. We currently have 17 owners in this format

we actually do large rosters

6 team league

2QB (every QB is picked)

3RB (every starting RB plus 6 others)

4WR (most teams WR1 and WR2 picked with a few WR3's)

2TE

2DEF

2Coach

no flex

add to the above post, we draft and it is total points league over 4 weeks and no starting lineup everyone counts every week if they play

8-12 guys and you only draft your starting lineup. No pickups, etc it's total for the 4 weeks

1 Qb

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 DEF

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these total points leagues end up close in the end?
It usually ends up with 2 or 3 guys with a legit chance at the end OR1 guy running away with it.I year I had it locked up after Championship week. One year we had 3 guys all within 20 points.The greatest year EVER was Tampa bay - Oakland SB.I was in second and a longshot to win, he had Gannon and I had Tampa Bay defense. The final INT won it for me!!! :no:

Anyone ever play elimination style, like the pros? Maybe draft (or just select who you want with duplicates) every week, H2H, lose and you're out, win and you move on to the next week and another H2H matchup against another winner from the week before?

Since we have most of our owners spread out over the country, we don't draft. We have everyone select 10 players, 5 from the top 3 seeds in each conference and 5 from the bottom 3 seeds. Scoring is .5 PPR/performance. Starters are 1QB 1RB 2 WR/TE 1 RB/WR/TE flex 1 K 1 D, you set your lineup each week. Many times people will not select a kicker but it could be an advantage if you get one that plays 2+ games. And depending on each year, we may take a player or 2 off the board. For instance this year Brady is not allowed on any rosters. More than likely he would have been selected by everyone if he was. Because of the small roster size, it's highly unlikely for multiple owners to have the same roster. Try this method, see what roster you can come up with. You will be surprised at how hard it is with such a small roster size.
Forgot one important point. You can not select more than 2 players from one team. Also a total points league, 75/25 split.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread