What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Schedules (1 Viewer)

snore

Footballguy
So we have 12 team league with 2 divisions 4 conferences. Six teams make the playoffs, 4 division winners and 1 wildcard from each conference. Been this way for 15 years. As with all leagues, some new blood has joined. Of course this year we had two teams from one conference make the playoffs with losing records while the other conference had two teams with winning records not make the playoffs. Now there is complaining from the new blood, but of course not a lot of alterntives being offered. I guess its just easier to complain. Note that we are basically following the NFL playoff model.

How do you guys do playoffs with conferences and divisions? Suppose we could scrap the conf/division concept and take best 6 teams, but that takes some of the fun out of some of the h2h aspects of our setup (playing division teams twice, etc)

I think this is why you play in multiple leagues to get a variety of scoring and playoff options.

Unless there is a huge push from the entire league i think it is best to leave your system as it is. The new blood can adapt or move on for someone that respects your format.

I have a similar league that is nearly as old and as much fun as it is to tinker, changes are rarely a good thing for all involved.

I like your system as it is now. It mimics the NFL. Tell the new blood to deal with it or leave. I am sure they knew the rules when they joined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody gets a trophy mentality! It's the way of the world these days.

I like and use the same system as yours!

Everybody gets a trophy mentality! It's the way of the world these days.I like and use the same system as yours!
The "everyone gets a trophy mentality" is annoying, but is advocating for the most successful teams to be rewarded really an example of said mentality? I'd say the opposite, if anything.

We have top two from each conference, then top two points scored (not including tie breakers) and it has worked out pretty well for years. Sometimes you just get screwed by the schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread