What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Time and WRs (1 Viewer)

JerseyPaul

Footballguy
This will be the kind of decision that you will make and feel good about, or hate yourself later. Let's look at some examples:

Over the first 9 weeks (including 1 week on bye) Vincent Jackson averaged 19.5 ppg (ppr) with his only single digit performance being 9.6. versus the last 4 weeks he has averaged 6.2 ppg.

Mike Sims-Walter burst onto the scene in week 2. Through Week 11 MSW averaged 19 ppg including 1 stinker and not including 1 benching. The last 2 weeks he's averaging about 5.5 ppg. Random fluctuations or are defenses catching on to this newcomer?

Both these guys are top 20 performers (thru week 12).

Now we come to the waiver wire guys that have sat on benches, for the most part, but are running hot.

Robert Meachem did relatively little the first 8 weeks except for a 13 and a 15. The last 5 week he's averaging over 19 ppg. To a lesser extent are Jeremy Maclin averaging 14 ppg over the last 4, Kenny Britt averaging 18 ppg over the last 3 and Jason Avant averaging over 14 ppg the last 4.

So, you gonna bench a cold every week starter for a hot newcomer now that the season is 1 loss and you're out?

I tried so hard (unsuccessfully) to pry Boldin away from his owner this year....he is going to go off down the stretch....and I just knew it.

I tried so hard (unsuccessfully) to pry Boldin away from his owner this year....he is going to go off down the stretch....and I just knew it.
Me too. Even funnier is...if he took my deal he'd be in the playoffs but instead he barely missed the cut.

I've regretted not starting Meachem over S Smith South 2 weeks in a row. Meachem will be in my lineup this week at flex or WR2.

Davone Bess has had a ton of targets the past few weeks and has good match-ups

Josh Morgan might have some value week 16 vs Detroit

Devin Thomas if Campbell keeps it up

Users who are viewing this thread