What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible LJ Landing Spot News Only (1 Viewer)

In addition to Oakland (which I did mention earlier), I agree that the Bears have to be right up there. Lovie is the exact kind of arrogant ### that would think he could reform LJ. He will take him in, tolerate his mediocre play for a couple of years, put up with a few antics, and then cut him just when he is on the verge of experiencing a logic defying renaissance.

Why you ask? Because....that is what we do here.

In addition to Oakland (which I did mention earlier), I agree that the Bears have to be right up there. Lovie is the exact kind of arrogant ### that would think he could reform LJ. He will take him in, tolerate his mediocre play for a couple of years, put up with a few antics, and then cut him just when he is on the verge of experiencing a logic defying renaissance.Why you ask? Because....that is what we do here.
Lovie Smith has little input on personnel decisions. Jerry Angelo makes these decisions.

We need more rampant speculation to make this thread useful.
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who said that the Giants are cutting Jacobs and Bradshaw to make room to sign LJ.

Headlines

Report: 'Skins split on adding LJ via waivers

There is a split opinion on the potential claiming of waived RB Larry Johnson within the Redskins organization, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Johnson's strength is not making people miss -- something he would have to do to gain positive yards behind Washington's wretched offensive line. L.J. averaged just 2.7 YPC behind a similarly banged-up, talent-lacking front five in Kansas City. The deadline to claim Johnson on waivers is 4PM ET Tuesday. Nov. 10 - 8:57 am et

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

JohnnyU said:
Headlines Report: 'Skins split on adding LJ via waivers There is a split opinion on the potential claiming of waived RB Larry Johnson within the Redskins organization, according to Profootballtalk.com.Johnson's strength is not making people miss -- something he would have to do to gain positive yards behind Washington's wretched offensive line. L.J. averaged just 2.7 YPC behind a similarly banged-up, talent-lacking front five in Kansas City. The deadline to claim Johnson on waivers is 4PM ET Tuesday. Nov. 10 - 8:57 am etSource: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
That would be an absolute waste of money but I guess Snyder is used to that....so the chances they'll claim him are probably pretty high.

Last edited by a moderator:
sib said:
Adam Schefter says that one of the (I don't know if he said *the*) preferred destinations for LJ is Pittsburgh. He went to school in the area & he was hoping to be drafted by the Steelers out of college. Schefter said LJ would like to join the Steelers for a SB run.
I would also like to join the steelers for a super bowl run. I sent Mike Tomlin a totally sweet video tape of me playing football with some guys from the local high school (worked for Favre!). I also threw in a couple of roundhouse kicks because I know you have to be super tough to play in the NFL and nothing says super tough like a couple of roundhouse kicks. Also, I spit on some women and used a bunch of racial and homosexual epithets to raise my profile and to let everyone know that I don't take crap from anybody! :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm waiting by the phone :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Texans current RB's can't pass block either, so that's somewhere he'd fit in.

I also think the Pats are arrogant enough to think they can keep him in line.

sib said:
Adam Schefter says that one of the (I don't know if he said *the*) preferred destinations for LJ is Pittsburgh. He went to school in the area & he was hoping to be drafted by the Steelers out of college. Schefter said LJ would like to join the Steelers for a SB run.
I would also like to join the steelers for a super bowl run. I sent Mike Tomlin a totally sweet video tape of me playing football with some guys from the local high school (worked for Favre!). I also threw in a couple of roundhouse kicks because I know you have to be super tough to play in the NFL and nothing says super tough like a couple of roundhouse kicks. Also, I spit on some women and used a bunch of racial and homosexual epithets to raise my profile and to let everyone know that I don't take crap from anybody! :goodposting: :lol: I'm waiting by the phone :lmao: :lmao:
You would have to change you screen name and your "closely follows" before Tomlin would consider adding you to the roster.

sib said:
I would also like to join the steelers for a super bowl run. I sent Mike Tomlin a totally sweet video tape of me playing football with some guys from the local high school (worked for Favre!). I also threw in a couple of roundhouse kicks because I know you have to be super tough to play in the NFL and nothing says super tough like a couple of roundhouse kicks. Also, I spit on some women and used a bunch of racial and homosexual epithets to raise my profile and to let everyone know that I don't take crap from anybody! :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm waiting by the phone :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yes, it is always sunny in Philadelphia.

(Rotoworld) Coach Bill Belichick confirmed that the Patriots will discuss Larry Johnson Tuesday, though he gave no indication that the team was interested in signing him.Analysis: "Our pro people go through the guys that are available ... it's not just about one guy," explained Belichick. The Patriots, like all teams, perform due diligence on available players. They're not likely to be interested in a bad seed like Johnson.

What about the Steelers? I know they historically don't take on players with baggage but under Tomlin I think they might be having a philosophical change. I've read before were LJ was upset when the Steelers did not draft him and had always dreamed of playing for them. Mendenhall has looked really good lately but he's not a great power runner and has been having a fumble problem lately. If LJ were willing to accept a reduced role, a huge IF by the way, I think he could provide the Steelers an upgrade in the power running department.
There is zero chance that the Steelers bring in a head case like Johnson. Ain't gonna happen.
Cowher Steelers I'd agree with you but I think Tomlin is different. From what Tomlin said about Vick it sounded to me like he'd have pursued Vick if not the need to be more supportive of Ben for his own off the field issues.Either way it's a non-issue, at least this season. I agree with Shefter that the Chiefs will Keyshawn him before they release him.
The Rooneys have the final say in decisions like this. Players with baggage generally don't end up playing for the Steelers. Players with LJs amount of baggage don't even get a look.
Grabbed from the other LJ thread. No way the Steelers even entertain this idea.

NE is actually a reasonable possibility, with the caveat being that they may be more comfortable and confident with Maroney after the last few games.

- They have some experience taking on malcontents (re: Corey Dillon) and making them productive members of a team.

- They might have salary cap space if they IR Fred Taylor and/or Sammy Morris (although in truth I don't know exactly how the cap system works midseason in circumstances like this).

- They are likely playoff bound so might be willing to pick up the check for the remainder of the season, unlike some of the other teams mentioned whose playoff hopes are getting quite dim.

Waiver claims needed to be in by 4pm EST, right? When is a reasonable time to expect notification of which teams put in a claim?

My guess is that he joins the same team as Shaun Alexander and Matt Jones.

The team is called the San Antonio I can't believe no one has signed these awesome guys.

Waiver claims needed to be in by 4pm EST, right? When is a reasonable time to expect notification of which teams put in a claim?
I thought I heard Shefter say that picking up the waiver meant the new team would have to pay out on the contract, so the waiver period would probably go by without anyone picking him up. Could have misheard some of that but I think that's right.

I thought I heard Shefter say that picking up the waiver meant the new team would have to pay out on the contract, so the waiver period would probably go by without anyone picking him up. Could have misheard some of that but I think that's right.
that is correct. I would really surprised if someone would claim him. Tonight he'll be a free agent so it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

Anyone mention the Raiders yet? Seems like they'd be a perfect fit.
why would they want to shell out the money for a 4th RB? They aren't going to win but a handful of games and if he's a FA that can sign with anyone I'd imagine they would be the last team he'd choose to go to. If no one else is interested than maybe but with McFadden coming back I'd be shocked.

If you want to assume that Johnson A) is going to clear waivers and B) would like a shot to play against the Chiefs this year, then you can look at these teams who the Chiefs still have to play:

Oakland

Pittsburgh

San Diego

Denver x2

Buffalo

Cleveland

Cincinnati

I think we can safely rule a couple of them out and if the Oakland game wasn't this week I'd say there was a shot at Al Davis being just insane enough to give LJ a chance.

Arrogant coach who thinks he can turn troubled players around.

Backup RB got a concussion last week.

Starting RB missed a few games already.

Nobody else on the roster who can run the ball.

I hope not, but there's a fit in SF.

Hey, anybody mention the Raiders yet?

Arrogant coach who thinks he can turn troubled players around.Backup RB got a concussion last week.Starting RB missed a few games already.Nobody else on the roster who can run the ball.I hope not, but there's a fit in SF.Hey, anybody mention the Raiders yet?
You obviously do not know anything about Singletary and the Niners. But that's ok, why would you want to. They stink. Painful to watch.

Arrogant coach who thinks he can turn troubled players around.Backup RB got a concussion last week.Starting RB missed a few games already.Nobody else on the roster who can run the ball.I hope not, but there's a fit in SF.Hey, anybody mention the Raiders yet?
You obviously do not know anything about Singletary and the Niners. But that's ok, why would you want to. They stink. Painful to watch.
:rolleyes: :thumbup: subscribe

:unsure: Cleveland--even if LJ is running backwards he has to be faster/better than Jamal Lewis at this point... not that they would sign him at this point.. but he'd start there IMO.SD needs a back... how many weeks could they not punch it in from the 2? LT looks toasted --12 for 22.. sproles is a 3rd down COP back... LJ could power it in.
+1It makes too much sense.

sib said:
So are you saying he doesn't mind being a backup?
he's better than any RB on their roster.
Mendenhall runs like a girl, and avoids contact(was benched for doing this yesterday, Walter Payton probably rolled over in his grave after watching that ridiculous display of weakness), but he is probably more talented than LJ at this point in time. Then again, I will not be suprised if LJ explodes behind a good offensive line.

Four teams have "called to express interest" regarding former Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson according to Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network.

I don't know about you but I'm pretty interested to see where he ends up after all this.

Here are the four teams, per LaCanfora:

* Texans

* Bears

* Patriots

* Redskins

(Update: 4:40 PM: Adam Schefter reports the Texans are out of the running)
Link

sib said:
Mendenhall runs like a girl, and avoids contact(was benched for doing this yesterday, Walter Payton probably rolled over in his grave after watching that ridiculous display of weakness), but he is probably more talented than LJ at this point in time. Then again, I will not be suprised if LJ explodes behind a good offensive line.
He doesn't run like a girl, but I agree with the rest. He has some maturing to do, but not LJ-level of maturing. And since it is not 2006, yes Mendenhall >>>>> LJ.

sib said:
I'd love to see any girl run for 155 yards against Denver. At what point was Mendenhall benched on Monday night?

Patriots, Redskins, or Bears? Great, poor, and mediocre fantasy destinations.
The Bears know better. Bears fans wouldn't be down with that. And for the current regime, you don't get rid of Tank Johnson and Ced Benson taking the "moral high ground" and then pick up LJ in these circumstances. Regardless of whether or not those were the right moves at the time (they were), they'll stick to the script.

sib said:
I'd love to see any girl run for 155 yards against Denver. At what point was Mendenhall benched on Monday night?
I saw him on at least 3 occasions run out of bounds way clear of ever being hit. He looked kinda like a wimp doing it too.He did look good running though. Just needs to understand that he is going to get hit HARD in this league.

Five minutes ago from Jason LaCanfora's twitter account:

Houston making a good push for Larry Johnson. favorites to get him at this point. Washington and Patriots possibilities, too.

Five minutes ago from Jason LaCanfora's twitter account: Houston making a good push for Larry Johnson. favorites to get him at this point. Washington and Patriots possibilities, too.
They can't get over themselves for passing on Ced Benson.

Larry Johnson - RB - KC - Nov. 10 - 6:16 pm et

Coach Jim Zorn shot down rumors of the Redskins as a potential landing spot for free agent Larry Johnson.

Zorn said Johnson would change the team's chemistry, so he'd have to talk to him before considering a signing. "I don't know if I have the time to do that this week," said Zorn. "I suspect he'll be somewhere quickly anyway." Nov. 10 - 6:16 pm et

Source: Rick Maese on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...8440&spln=1

Coach speak - to be expected. Figured it was worth a post.

Five minutes ago from Jason LaCanfora's twitter account: Houston making a good push for Larry Johnson. favorites to get him at this point. Washington and Patriots possibilities, too.
They can't get over themselves for passing on Ced Benson.
Good point. He's (Benson) has been what they've been looking for all year and what LJ is. As I've said multiple times, it just makes too much sense for him to go to Houston.

Larry Johnson - RB - KC - Nov. 10 - 6:16 pm et

Coach Jim Zorn shot down rumors of the Redskins as a potential landing spot for free agent Larry Johnson.

Zorn said Johnson would change the team's chemistry, so he'd have to talk to him before considering a signing. "I don't know if I have the time to do that this week," said Zorn. "I suspect he'll be somewhere quickly anyway." Nov. 10 - 6:16 pm et

Source: Rick Maese on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...8440&spln=1

Coach speak - to be expected. Figured it was worth a post.
Ya, if I'm LJ though and I want a starting spot I'm looking at Houston and NE. Washington is a train wreck and they have Portis (although I don't know how hurt he is).

Users who are viewing this thread