What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post season: Who ya Buying?/Who ya Selling? (1 Viewer)

I've been looking for Big Bens name in here. I have an opportunity to keep him in a keep 4 league but really don't know if I should or not (also have fits, calvin, beanie, VD, Finley in a ppr, 1.5TEppr). I think with the new o coordinator who loves to pass the ball and potentially a lack of running game if mendys out then he could put up good numbers. But if wallace leaves and with hines gone, maybe his numbers drop?
Ben's a decent option at QB and could have a good season. But I wouldn't over think it. Keep your 2 WRs and your 2 TEs. You can always draft Ben in the 3rd round or so if you are really high on him.
Good advice here :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying (or attempting to ...)QB: J. Cutler, S. Bradford, P. Rivers, FlaccoRB: Either Buffalo RB, R. Matthews, K. Hunter WR: D. Thomas, J. Baldwin, L. Hankerson, TE: E. Dickson, M. Bennett, H. MillerSelling (or attempting to ...)QB: T. TebowRB: MJD, Bradshaw, S Jackson, I RedmanWR: Manningham, S. Holmes, TE: J. Witten
You should wait until the season when he has a few good games under his belt to sell Redman, if you really want to.
Disagree, the longer you wait on selling Redmond the closer to coming back mendenhall will be.

Buying (or attempting to ...)QB: J. Cutler, S. Bradford, P. Rivers, FlaccoRB: Either Buffalo RB, R. Matthews, K. Hunter WR: D. Thomas, J. Baldwin, L. Hankerson, TE: E. Dickson, M. Bennett, H. MillerSelling (or attempting to ...)QB: T. TebowRB: MJD, Bradshaw, S Jackson, I RedmanWR: Manningham, S. Holmes, TE: J. Witten
You should wait until the season when he has a few good games under his belt to sell Redman, if you really want to.
Disagree, the longer you wait on selling Redmond the closer to coming back mendenhall will be.
Fine, then at least wait until redraft starts up so they can hype him up as a RB2 sleeper

Jonathan Baldwin is someone who will dramatically increase in value after this season. Get him now before camp news starts spreading on him being a beast.

I've seen some hype on Bennett lately since he joined the Giants. Will Eli make him better? Honest question here but IIRC he didn't impress when given the opportunity in big D. Dropped passes, missed assignments. I don't recall was he a better blocking TE?

I've seen some hype on Bennett lately since he joined the Giants. Will Eli make him better? Honest question here but IIRC he didn't impress when given the opportunity in big D. Dropped passes, missed assignments. I don't recall was he a better blocking TE?
I'm hopeful.Better, winning atmosphere.Tougher coachBetter positions coach.Strong group of vets.We shall see.

What opportunity? Witten hasn't missed a game in how long? PFF has Bennett ranked very highly as a blocker by the way.

What opportunity? Witten hasn't missed a game in how long? PFF has Bennett ranked very highly as a blocker by the way.
Well checing his stats they are not too bad last year 17 catchs on 26 targets. 144 yards. His most productive year was 2008; 20 for 27 283 yards and 4 TD's.Add that to better coaching and a good blocker... I'll watch him.

Last edited by a moderator:
'GECKO said:
'houndirish said:
Buying (or attempting to ...)

QB: J. Cutler, S. Bradford, P. Rivers, Flacco

RB: Either Buffalo RB, R. Matthews, K. Hunter

WR: D. Thomas, J. Baldwin, L. Hankerson,

TE: E. Dickson, M. Bennett, H. Miller

Selling (or attempting to ...)

QB: T. Tebow

RB: MJD, Bradshaw, S Jackson, I Redman

WR: Manningham, S. Holmes,

TE: J. Witten
Link?

'GECKO said:
'houndirish said:
The hype on Bennett is likely tied into situation more than anything else. Bennett wasn't going to supplant Witten in Dallas but has been hyped as an athletic tight end who can be a factor in the passing game and is a better blocker than most believe. He isn't as good of a blocker as Witten (which can be said of a lot of tight ends). The Giants like to throw to their tight ends. Given their strength at wideout a good tight end has a good chance of putting up some numbers as he won't get major attention from defenses due to Nicks and Cruz. The Giants have been able to get by with overachievers that aren't nearly as talented as Bennett (Pascoe, Ballard, Beckum, Boss). The hype on Bennett is because he's a more athletic and complete player than any of those guys and is stepping into a peach situation. That being said, it's all hype at this point. Bennett has to prove he can deliver but he's in about as good a situation as he could land.

'moderated said:
'lbouchard said:
'houndirish said:
I've got a motivated Mendenhall owner in my league who isn't RB rich. Hopefully I can move him there. However if I ship S Jax and or/Bradshaw I may keep Redman out of necessity. Basically, I'm selling RB, just don't know which one will be bought first!

'GECKO said:
'houndirish said:
The hype on Bennett is likely tied into situation more than anything else. Bennett wasn't going to supplant Witten in Dallas but has been hyped as an athletic tight end who can be a factor in the passing game and is a better blocker than most believe. He isn't as good of a blocker as Witten (which can be said of a lot of tight ends). The Giants like to throw to their tight ends. Given their strength at wideout a good tight end has a good chance of putting up some numbers as he won't get major attention from defenses due to Nicks and Cruz. The Giants have been able to get by with overachievers that aren't nearly as talented as Bennett (Pascoe, Ballard, Beckum, Boss). The hype on Bennett is because he's a more athletic and complete player than any of those guys and is stepping into a peach situation. That being said, it's all hype at this point. Bennett has to prove he can deliver but he's in about as good a situation as he could land.
Great summary.

Guys I like:

By Position:

QB...guys I'd want Luck/Stafford/Newton/Rodgers/Bradford/RG3/ young upside. Rivers/Eli/other. Maybe tannehill if he drops to #12 pick.

QB Alex Smith value should increase w/ weapons. Sell to SF WR owners mid season.

QB Russell Wilson long term...Sell when he scores big.

QB Palmer should have a good year. Hold then sell.

QB Locker/Ponder/Dalton/Weeden/have upside. If they start that's good. I'm in 2QB league.

QB Cutler should have a better year.

QB Freeman should have better year. Surprised by his bad year.

RB Ingram's value is low,

RB Javid Best value is low but is medically cleared. Could probably get a deal on him...don't pay too much obviously...may not last long.

RB Vereen. Upside, talent and could be NE #1 RB. But it's NE.

RB JCharles I think he'll be fine after injury.

RB Forte's value could be low until he signs etc. Good player.

RB Hardesty...value in the tank. Only handcuff. Hold and see if he gets moved to new situation.

RB BLOUNT value down, perhaps he moves to new team in year or two with Martin OR good handcuff to Martin.

RB Hillman DEN RB..McGahee older, lots of comp but he's a good player. Other Jerimiah Johnson perhaps.

RB Ryan Mathews if owner isn't as big on him.

RB Edwin Baker if Mathews gets hurt

RB David WIlson NYG good and evaluating RBs. Value? I don't know could go #5 in our league.

RB Doug martin TB I like him to start in TB. I own blount so it makes me sad.

RB Spiller RB long term guy in Buff. Closer to 50/50

RB LaMichael James: Could do well as rB3 in SF. has upside and speed. Stronger than he looks.

RB POLK in PHIl was hurt has upside. You could do worse

I think a lot of the WRs are valued accurately in my league (or over valued).

WR Nicks if injury= buy low situation

WR DJAX I own, value is low and capable of much better numbers. Boom/Bust bugs me. Advise against as WR1. Needs to be WR3 w/ WR1 upside some days.

WR AUSTIN injury could = lower value for upside.

WR COBB like upside long term.

WR Decker I own... likely hold and keep.

WR DHB: could have bigger year. Still skeptical but doing much better.

WR R Wayne: Could be had cheap for 1-2 more years. Solid WR for young QB.

WR D. Avery: could do well if he' has his speed.

WR L MOORE WR3 in NO better than WR1 on some teams.

WR Marvin Jones CIN

WR Mohamed Sanu CIN

WR Lester Jean HOU

WR Greg Childs MIN

WR Austin Collie could be good INDy's WRs kind of like crap shoot of STL WRs. Who will emerge?

WR Chris Givens STL

WR Steve Smith STL

TE I like Jimmy Graham, Gronkowski, Hernandez, V Davis, Top Guys.

TE: Finley, Fred Davis, Pettigrew good

TE: Cook has upside.

TE: Fleener rated high...but so was Lance Kendricks last year. As was Kyle Rudolph.

TE: ALLEN Waldman's RSP loves this dude more than Fleener long term.

TE: Julius Thomas could be sleeper in DEN...project. Only like 4th year of Football. I know the Trainers from PSU. college team.

TE: Gates...I'd sell, I own him and Rivers but injury keeps him out of games. I have Hernandez.

TE: Tamme in DEN probably upside w/ all of the talk going to Decker/Thomas.

That's what I think.

I generally try to wait until value increases and trade the player to front runner making a title run.

2011 I traded Willis McGahee...for #1 ranked team's 2nd Rounder 2012 and 3rd Rounder (3.09). But if he won the league he'd get my 3.02 pick. If he didn't he'd get my middle of three 3rd picks and if I somehow won the league he got no picks back.

It was tiered where I bet on his success. Gave him incentive where guys are usually trying to screw you over in a trade. I get the #12 overall pick for McGahee. I'm looking at Tannehill/Isaiah Pead at that spot. Not too bad.

Guys I like:

By Position:

QB...guys I'd want Luck/Stafford/Newton/Rodgers/Bradford/RG3/ young upside. Rivers/Eli/other. Maybe tannehill if he drops to #12 pick.

QB Alex Smith value should increase w/ weapons. Sell to SF WR owners mid season.

QB Russell Wilson long term...Sell when he scores big.

QB Palmer should have a good year. Hold then sell.

QB Locker/Ponder/Dalton/Weeden/have upside. If they start that's good. I'm in 2QB league.

QB Cutler should have a better year.

QB Freeman should have better year. Surprised by his bad year.

RB Ingram's value is low,

RB Javid Best value is low but is medically cleared. Could probably get a deal on him...don't pay too much obviously...may not last long.

RB Vereen. Upside, talent and could be NE #1 RB. But it's NE.

RB JCharles I think he'll be fine after injury.

RB Forte's value could be low until he signs etc. Good player.

RB Hardesty...value in the tank. Only handcuff. Hold and see if he gets moved to new situation.

RB BLOUNT value down, perhaps he moves to new team in year or two with Martin OR good handcuff to Martin.

RB Hillman DEN RB..McGahee older, lots of comp but he's a good player. Other Jerimiah Johnson perhaps.

RB Ryan Mathews if owner isn't as big on him.

RB Edwin Baker if Mathews gets hurt

RB David WIlson NYG good and evaluating RBs. Value? I don't know could go #5 in our league.

RB Doug martin TB I like him to start in TB. I own blount so it makes me sad.

RB Spiller RB long term guy in Buff. Closer to 50/50

RB LaMichael James: Could do well as rB3 in SF. has upside and speed. Stronger than he looks.

RB POLK in PHIl was hurt has upside. You could do worse

I think a lot of the WRs are valued accurately in my league (or over valued).

WR Nicks if injury= buy low situation

WR DJAX I own, value is low and capable of much better numbers. Boom/Bust bugs me. Advise against as WR1. Needs to be WR3 w/ WR1 upside some days.

WR AUSTIN injury could = lower value for upside.

WR COBB like upside long term.

WR Decker I own... likely hold and keep.

WR DHB: could have bigger year. Still skeptical but doing much better.

WR R Wayne: Could be had cheap for 1-2 more years. Solid WR for young QB.

WR D. Avery: could do well if he' has his speed.

WR L MOORE WR3 in NO better than WR1 on some teams.

WR Marvin Jones CIN

WR Mohamed Sanu CIN

WR Lester Jean HOU

WR Greg Childs MIN

WR Austin Collie could be good INDy's WRs kind of like crap shoot of STL WRs. Who will emerge?

WR Chris Givens STL

WR Steve Smith STL

TE I like Jimmy Graham, Gronkowski, Hernandez, V Davis, Top Guys.

TE: Finley, Fred Davis, Pettigrew good

TE: Cook has upside.

TE: Fleener rated high...but so was Lance Kendricks last year. As was Kyle Rudolph.

TE: ALLEN Waldman's RSP loves this dude more than Fleener long term.

TE: Julius Thomas could be sleeper in DEN...project. Only like 4th year of Football. I know the Trainers from PSU. college team.

TE: Gates...I'd sell, I own him and Rivers but injury keeps him out of games. I have Hernandez.

TE: Tamme in DEN probably upside w/ all of the talk going to Decker/Thomas.

That's what I think.

I generally try to wait until value increases and trade the player to front runner making a title run.

2011 I traded Willis McGahee...for #1 ranked team's 2nd Rounder 2012 and 3rd Rounder (3.09). But if he won the league he'd get my 3.02 pick. If he didn't he'd get my middle of three 3rd picks and if I somehow won the league he got no picks back.

It was tiered where I bet on his success. Gave him incentive where guys are usually trying to screw you over in a trade. I get the #12 overall pick for McGahee. I'm looking at Tannehill/Isaiah Pead at that spot. Not too bad.
I generally make title runs. :P

pump the breaks on the Marty B bandwagon:

(KFFL) New York Giants TE Martellus Bennett (hamstring) has not been participating in organized team activities because of a hamstring injury. Tight ends coach Mike Pope said Bennett weighed 291 pounds last week and does not think Bennett's legs can support that weight while doing the things the team has asked him to during workouts.

pump the breaks on the Marty B bandwagon:(KFFL) New York Giants TE Martellus Bennett (hamstring) has not been participating in organized team activities because of a hamstring injury. Tight ends coach Mike Pope said Bennett weighed 291 pounds last week and does not think Bennett's legs can support that weight while doing the things the team has asked him to during workouts.
Oof.

pump the breaks on the Marty B bandwagon:

(KFFL) New York Giants TE Martellus Bennett (hamstring) has not been participating in organized team activities because of a hamstring injury. Tight ends coach Mike Pope said Bennett weighed 291 pounds last week and does not think Bennett's legs can support that weight while doing the things the team has asked him to during workouts.
:lmao:

pump the breaks on the Marty B bandwagon:(KFFL) New York Giants TE Martellus Bennett (hamstring) has not been participating in organized team activities because of a hamstring injury. Tight ends coach Mike Pope said Bennett weighed 291 pounds last week and does not think Bennett's legs can support that weight while doing the things the team has asked him to during workouts.
Probably just some muscle he added during the offseason.

RB Sells:Turner/FJax/SJax/Gore. Get what you can while you can.
This makes no sense to me at all. You can't really get anything for them. So clearly they hold more value if you just keep them and play them until they fall completely off the cliff. Why would you trade them for garbage when you can still start them this year?
i agree i am a gore and Sjax owner and have been trying to trade one of them. theirs values are low. I would rather keep and start them this year

RB Sells:Turner/FJax/SJax/Gore. Get what you can while you can.
This makes no sense to me at all. You can't really get anything for them. So clearly they hold more value if you just keep them and play them until they fall completely off the cliff. Why would you trade them for garbage when you can still start them this year?
i agree i am a gore and Sjax owner and have been trying to trade one of them. theirs values are low. I would rather keep and start them this year
Agree with SJax and Gore. I acutally think SJackson could have a career year under Fisher. Gore will still be used heavily and should see his receptions increase back to the norm. Turner will still be the bellcow but I see the Falcons going pass first this year. While Turner doesn't catch many passes, his value will be in TDs. As for FJax, I think he'll play second fiddle to Spiller. Spiller between the 20s and bring Jackson in the red zone. You really can't get much for FJax or Turner though. If you are playing for this year, keep SJax and Gore. If you are playing for future years, sell those 2 for what you can.

http://fantasy-footballu.com/buy-low/2012/3/13/pre-draft-overvalued.html

Disclaimer: I dont really like doubting guys or saying someone cant do something, mostly because it makes you look like a miserable , angry hater(which I am not). But these are a few guys that are being overvalued a bit and probably hit their ceilings last year.

QB

Matthew Stafford- Once again, as long as stafford stay healthy, hes fantasy gold. But how can you not be a little overvalued after throwing 40+ TDs in one year? The price your paying for stafford now is astronomical compared to QBs like say, Phillip Rivers, when on a normal year the stats would be close to the same.

Eli Manning- The Superbowl. Enough said. I think Manning has come a long way in the past few years, but he will never be an elite fantasy QB, at least not if Qb trends continue in the direction they are. Again I'm harping on Phillip Rivers here, he is a better fantasy QB than Manning even with Mannings advantage in situation.

RB

Ben Tate- I am one of Tate's biggest supporters and I will continue to be, but im certainly not paying the asking price of what he costs now. As much as I think he could be a top 10 fantasy RB in houston, he is nothing but a shiney handcuff until Foster gets injured or something wierd happens. Foster is the man their and unfortunately for tate, hes going to be cleaning up after him until he is through. I would understand paying a premium if you own Foster, but if thats not the case I would stay away for now.

LeSean McCoy- Obviously McCoy is a supremely talented kid in a perfect situation for himself, but its tough to live up to the precedent he set for him self a year ago. 20 total TDs 1600 yards and 48 catches does not happen every year and for him to live up to that,everything has to go perfect. For some reason I'm afraid of injury with McCoy, I dont have a real reason for it, just a gut feeling. Nothing about him on the field scares me, its just to much could go wrong for me to be buying him right now. Another recent trend in for RBs recently is not being able to put it together for multiple years, I would not surprise me if McCoy becomes a member of that group.

WR

Victor Cruz- Super Bowl. Enough said... well, actually not really. Cruz burst onto the scene this year and never looked back and considering I'm from amherst... I was rather excited with his stats this year. but, being honest with yourself, do you see Cruz doing this again? I dont. Nicks is the #1 there and although Cruz is a great target for Manning, Nicks is the guy there and will gain the majority of the targets. Also, in the super the Patriots took Cruz out of the game, focusing competely on shutting him down. I have a strong feeling opposing defenses will be paying a lot more attention to Cruz next year.

Jordy Nelson- See Victor Cruz , except replace Nicks with Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley.

One stat that keeps me lower on Nelson is the fact that he caught 68 of his 94 targets (72%).

1. He managed to be a top 5 fantasy WR on only 94 targets

2. he got 15 TDs in 68 catches..... thats means 22% of his catches went for touchdowns aka every 5 catches...Thats incredible.

It's not that I totally dis-like Nelson, I just think he is the brandon Stokley to his Peyton Manning(Aaron Rodgers)

Denarius Moore- I may be off on this one and the people that are buying him not could be genius's ... but to quote my inner Lee Corso ... Not so fast my friends. I still think Darrius Heyward Bey has the upper hand in this battle and I need to see how training camp plays out before I'm comfortable paying the price I see people already payinf for Moore.
Question - How does a real life NFL defense focus on shutting down one WR on a team with great passing ability and great depth at WR and TE (like New England, Green Bay, etc.)? Wouldn't the other receivers be able to have a field day against a defense that played like that?

"Brandon Lloyd - The Patriots fit is fool's gold. This will not be a Randy Moss/Tom Brady connection. OchoStinko is still on this team and will take some reps from Lloyd. Don't forget about Welker and Gronk. Expect fewer targets in 2012 with no qualms from Lloyd because the veteran's in this system know their role."

You mean in Josh McDaniel's system??? Yeah, I think Brandon Lloyd knows that pretty darn well. He'll have fewer targets due to the other talented players he's surrounded by, but will have more success with those targets because of the improved quarterback play.

Brady made both Gronk and Welker into top 3 WR/TEs last year (the top 3 WR/TEs in my league last year were: Calvin, Gronk and Welker, in that order). He will do similar things for Lloyd. Lloyd is a definite BUY.
http://forumimages.footballguys.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/pigskinp.gif Buy
If he is fool's gold, someone has to be buying. http://forumimages.footballguys.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/shrug2.gif
I think that buy was in large font and bolded.

Users who are viewing this thread