What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Potential collusion in my league? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LC512

Footballguy
Little history

The two owners are friends who both support the same NFL team and know each other going way back. They have traded with each other a couple of times this season. None of us really know the team B guy all that well (though he's been in the league for about 5 years).

Team A is 7-2 and in second place

Team B is 1-8

League starts:

1 QB (6 point TDs)

2 WR (no points per reception)

2 RB

1 WR/RB

1 TE

Def

K

Team A (7-2) trades away Marques Colston and Felix Jones to team B, for Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward. Team A needed a QB desperately to make any playoff run, and Team B is just in bad shape altogether.

Rosters pre-trade (leaving out irrelevant positions)

Team A:

QB: Fitzpatrick, McNabb, Romo, Stafford

RB: Gore, Charles, Best, Jones, Anthony Dixon, Javon Ringer

WR: Randy Moss, DJax, Colston, Bowe

Team B:

QB: Brady, Flacco

RB: Wells, F. Jackson, D. Williams, R. Bush, D. Ward

WR: Wayne, A. Johnson, Garcon, Meachem, Lance Moore

To me this looks like Team B trying to help out Team A for his playoff run, or at the very least, this is a giveup trade. I've made better offers to team B that were turned down (offered Torain and Donald Brown for Wayne).

Several of us considering vetoing it. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait...so Marques Colston, Felix Jones, Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward are the only guys involved in the trade and this is relevant how?

If your league allows 1-8 teams to trade you don't have a leg to stand on here. Team B is probably getting the better of this trade so I'm not sure why you'd consider vetoing it. What's your logic for vetoing? That team A is addressing a need? Seems to be the whole point of trading.

Wait...so Marques Colston, Felix Jones, Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward are the only guys involved in the trade and this is relevant how?
Because it's pretty obvious that team B has given up and is giving Flacco away to Team A, who has QB injury issues, so that his buddy can have a chance in the playoffs.

I'm confused..

sounds like you are made because he turned down your terrible offer which is NOT a reason to turn down a trade

Little history

The two owners are friends who both support the same NFL team and know each other going way back. They have traded with each other a couple of times this season. None of us really know the team B guy all that well (though he's been in the league for about 5 years).

Team B is 1-8

League starts:

1 QB (6 point TDs)

2 RB

1 WR/RB

1 TE

Def

K

Team A (7-2) trades away Marques Colston and Felix Jones to team B, for Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward. Team B needed a QB desperately to make any playoff run, and Team A is just in bad shape altogether.

Team A:

Team B:

To me this looks like Team B trying to help out Team A for his playoff run, or at the very least, this is a giveup trade. I've made better offers to team B that were turned down (offered Torain and Donald Brown for Wayne).

I had to laugh at all of the bolded. First, your "better" offer was in no way even close to "better" than the offer that he actually accepted. I actually thought the original offer was very fair but your offer was pretty one-sided. Are you vetoing it because you don't want Team A to be set up for a nice playoff run? If so, I think it's pretty unethical and I would certainly never rejoin the league if I was team A.

So you offer two back-up RBs for a stud WR - get turned down and then get your nose out-of-joint over a reasonable trade of Colston and Felix Jones for Flacco????

Seems that you are just disgruntled over Team B not willing to sell Wayne for a low offer...

Because it's pretty obvious that team B has given up and is giving Flacco away to Team A, who has QB injury issues, so that his buddy can have a chance in the playoffs.
You're seeing ghosts. M. Colston does NOT constitute giving Flacco away.

This is a fair trade unless you are competing against Team A or Team B. Nobody likes to see the competition improve.

How does Colston or Felix Jones help team B at all? Team B's strength is his receivers and he needs RBs. Jones is worthless. He gave away a top 12 type QB for nothing.

Team A gave away nothing (he can just start Moss and Jackson), and got a quarterback to replace his walking injury squad.

:wall:

The fact that you think this is collusion ....and the fact you think your offer was better just means you aren't assessing player value correctly. This trade helps both teams and is a good example of a FAIR trade.....

sounds more like sour grapes to me...

My :2cents:

How does Colston or Felix Jones help team B at all? Team B's strength is his receivers and he needs RBs. Jones is worthless. He gave away a top 12 type QB for nothing.Team A gave away nothing (he can just start Moss and Jackson), and got a quarterback to replace his walking injury squad.
Colston would be a pretty good RB/WR flex option. At least better than he has right now.

How does Colston or Felix Jones help team B at all? Team B's strength is his receivers and he needs RBs. Jones is worthless. He gave away a top 12 type QB for nothing.Team A gave away nothing (he can just start Moss and Jackson), and got a quarterback to replace his walking injury squad.
I dunno. A trio at wr of A. Johnson, Wayne and Colston isn't too shabby considering you're allowed to start a flex and his rbs are weak. Wow at this thread!!! I feel really bad for Team A and Team B.

i did not even need to open the thread to know how this was going. Has there ever been one of these threads where someone posted and it actually was collusion?

lets take it a step further, has anyone ever actually witnessed collusion? I am beginning to think Collusion it the loch ness monster of fantasy football.

Team A already had Fitzpatrick before this deal. Fitzpatrick has a good chance of being better than Flacco anyway. And team B got the better end of the deal.

Flacco is a bench player for Team B since he has Brady and a starter for Team A Colston is a starting WR3 for team A and he probably thinks Felix will come on strong with Garrett at the helm and a soft run sched coming up...a better flex than Ward

If anything, I think this serves as a PERFECT example of why league vote for veto is flawed. All you and your cohorts care to know is the 7-2 team improved himself.

Little historyThe two owners are friends who both support the same NFL team and know each other going way back. They have traded with each other a couple of times this season. None of us really know the team B guy all that well (though he's been in the league for about 5 years).Team A is 7-2 and in second placeTeam B is 1-8League starts:1 QB (6 point TDs)2 WR (no points per reception)2 RB1 WR/RB1 TEDefKTeam A (7-2) trades away Marques Colston and Felix Jones to team B, for Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward. Team A needed a QB desperately to make any playoff run, and Team B is just in bad shape altogether.Rosters pre-trade (leaving out irrelevant positions)Team A:QB: Fitzpatrick, McNabb, Romo, StaffordRB: Gore, Charles, Best, Jones, Anthony Dixon, Javon RingerWR: Randy Moss, DJax, Colston, BoweTeam B: QB: Brady, FlaccoRB: Wells, F. Jackson, D. Williams, R. Bush, D. WardWR: Wayne, A. Johnson, Garcon, Meachem, Lance MooreTo me this looks like Team B trying to help out Team A for his playoff run, or at the very least, this is a giveup trade. I've made better offers to team B that were turned down (offered Torain and Donald Brown for Wayne).Several of us considering vetoing it. Thoughts?
Team A sounds like your team from the post you had prior to starting this thread...
I've traded McFadden, Hillis, and Torain all this year to try to find an elite WR2. I'm rolling okay in 2nd place with Gore, Charles, and Best (Flex). I got DJax in one of those deals who is filling in great when healthy, but i sure would like to have DMC and/or Hillis still. I lost both Romo and Stafford and could use one of them to get a top QB going forward. Captain hindsight..

Colston is no slouch...he might start for team B. Jones isn't a huge help, but neither is losing Ward. In reality, he probably wouldn't start Flacco over Brady, so it comes down to Colston + Jones for Ward + a guy who will rarely start. I'd do it. I don't usually carry a back up QB if I have a good starter. I'll suffer through a bye. I'd gladly take more depth at WR.

Little history

Team B is 1-8

League starts:

1 QB (6 point TDs)

2 RB

1 WR/RB

1 TE

Def

K

Team A (7-2) trades away Marques Colston and Felix Jones to team B, for Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward. Team A needed a QB desperately to make any playoff run, and Team B is just in bad shape altogether.

Team A:

Team B:

Team A sounds like your team from the post you had prior to starting this thread...
I've traded McFadden, Hillis, and Torain all this year to try to find an elite WR2. I'm rolling okay in 2nd place with Gore, Charles, and Best (Flex). I got DJax in one of those deals who is filling in great when healthy, but i sure would like to have DMC and/or Hillis still. I lost both Romo and Stafford and could use one of them to get a top QB going forward. Captain hindsight..
:wub:

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I'm actually Team A.

I posed it from the perspective of the two people in my league throwing a fit about the trade, so as to not be accused of not putting it fairly (I basically copied and pasted their sentiments from the league message board).

Time to go post a link to this thread from our league board.

Little historyThe two owners are friends who both support the same NFL team and know each other going way back. They have traded with each other a couple of times this season. None of us really know the team B guy all that well (though he's been in the league for about 5 years).Team A is 7-2 and in second placeTeam B is 1-8League starts:1 QB (6 point TDs)2 WR (no points per reception)2 RB1 WR/RB1 TEDefKTeam A (7-2) trades away Marques Colston and Felix Jones to team B, for Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward. Team A needed a QB desperately to make any playoff run, and Team B is just in bad shape altogether.Rosters pre-trade (leaving out irrelevant positions)Team A:QB: Fitzpatrick, McNabb, Romo, StaffordRB: Gore, Charles, Best, Jones, Anthony Dixon, Javon RingerWR: Randy Moss, DJax, Colston, BoweTeam B: QB: Brady, FlaccoRB: Wells, F. Jackson, D. Williams, R. Bush, D. WardWR: Wayne, A. Johnson, Garcon, Meachem, Lance MooreTo me this looks like Team B trying to help out Team A for his playoff run, or at the very least, this is a giveup trade. I've made better offers to team B that were turned down (offered Torain and Donald Brown for Wayne).Several of us considering vetoing it. Thoughts?
I thought this might be a cleverly disguised "should I do this trade?" thread.

Thanks for the responses, guys.I'm actually Team A.I posed it from the perspective of the two people in my league throwing a fit about the trade, so as to not be accused of not putting it fairly (I basically copied and pasted their sentiments from the league message board).Time to go post a link to this thread from our league board.
Holy M. Night Shaymalan! Well played sir.

I thought this might be a cleverly disguised "should I do this trade?" thread.
Nice find, look at the post above yours :wub:

Thanks for the responses, guys.I'm actually Team A.I posed it from the perspective of the two people in my league throwing a fit about the trade, so as to not be accused of not putting it fairly (I basically copied and pasted their sentiments from the league message board).Time to go post a link to this thread from our league board.
Very clever......... :wub:

Though the responses were what I hoped (and expected)...

You guys have me second-guessing myself on the trade now :wub:

The two people in your league are idiots.

Well played Keyser Soze...

Though the responses were what I hoped (and expected)...You guys have me second-guessing myself on the trade now :clap:
I wouldn't second guess yourself. You have the depth at wr to survive and you need a rb. I think you could potentially get a better offer but it's not going to hurt you much. Nice job.

two players who are their teams #1 options at their position

for Flacco and a backup.

EDIT: Tell them, "Keep repeating that to yourself."

Though the responses were what I hoped (and expected)...You guys have me second-guessing myself on the trade now :clap:
I wouldn't second guess yourself. You have the depth at wr to survive and you need a rb. I think you could potentially get a better offer but it's not going to hurt you much. Nice job.
I did turn down stellar offers from the owners upset about the trade such as:- Matt Ryan and Patrick Crayton for Jamaal Charles and Randy Moss- Ben Roethlisberger for Jamaal Charles

As a commissioner this is the exact reason there is a NO VETOING any trades in our league. Trade is fair. Someone's nose is bent out of shape because his bad offer was rejected and all other 8 or so members decide to veto the trade to keep the 7 - 2 team from getting better. I am glad I am not in your league.

I just deleted my other post after reading your twist. The other owners are crybabies.

Which idiot sent you Torrain/Brown for Wayne? Whoever you are, if you're reading this, you are a total moron.

Team B gave up his backup QB for a WR3 / RB3. Not bad.

I am sorry you are wrong, but you are wrong. Most of these posts have at least a hint of being unfair, but Team B is working over Team A. You should be sending Team B a fruit basket, not trying to revoke the trade. He can't start both Flacco and Brady, yet gets RB depth (for all we know Wade was holding back Felix and Garrett will unleash him...unlikely, but we do not know). In the end, value is in the eye of the beholder and I can't tell you how many "one-sided trades" have worked out in the favor of the "loser" of said trade...but we are not even at that point in this situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread