What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Potential collusion in my league? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the responses, guys.I'm actually Team A.I posed it from the perspective of the two people in my league throwing a fit about the trade, so as to not be accused of not putting it fairly (I basically copied and pasted their sentiments from the league message board).Time to go post a link to this thread from our league board.
Great so you fessed up after someone made the connection and copied another of your posts.....AND you gave another great reason why all these threads should be in the Assistant Coach Forum, not taking up space in this Forum. Of course you also should have convinced anyone not already on board that trade vetos have no place in FF leagues.

Wait...so Marques Colston, Felix Jones, Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward are the only guys involved in the trade and this is relevant how?
Because it's pretty obvious that team B has given up and is giving Flacco away to Team A, who has QB injury issues, so that his buddy can have a chance in the playoffs.
The trade is fair. Ya, they probably are doing that but you're in a league that has trading and has friends in it, what do you think is going to happen.As far as the trade goes, it's within the realm of fair, the guy is addressing a need. If the league veteod that trade, it would be a horrible league just because a guy needs a QB. Flacco isn't all that great anyway, so giving up Colston and Felix is fine.

Wait...so Marques Colston, Felix Jones, Joe Flacco and Derrick Ward are the only guys involved in the trade and this is relevant how?
Because it's pretty obvious that team B has given up and is giving Flacco away to Team A, who has QB injury issues, so that his buddy can have a chance in the playoffs.
You are crazy, Team B gets rid of a QB he doesn't need for a strong flex spot player, Team A gets Flacco who isn't putting up the numbers that Fitzpatrick is.

:thumbup: :thumbup: And here is the Op/Commishes problem from the get-go....you are not God, you don't have a crystal ball....so therefore you look at a trade bsed on COLLUSION and COLLUSION only, not based on teams needs and how it appears the one owner is filling a need. Terrible :rant:

How does Colston or Felix Jones help team B at all? Team B's strength is his receivers and he needs RBs. Jones is worthless. He gave away a top 12 type QB for nothing.Team A gave away nothing (he can just start Moss and Jackson), and got a quarterback to replace his walking injury squad.
You are MISSING THE POINT!!! It's not for you to decide one teams' strengths/weaknesses...your league should seriously consider abandoning any type of voting over a trade because clearly you and your friends have no clue as to the trade veto process :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great so you fessed up after someone made the connection and copied another of your posts.....AND you gave another great reason why all these threads should be in the Assistant Coach Forum, not taking up space in this Forum. Of course you also should have convinced anyone not already on board that trade vetos have no place in FF leagues.
Actually, when I started composing the post outing that I was team A, it wasn't up there, and I when I posted, it was (see the times). But thanks for looking out for everyone, Sheriff. :goodposting:
the best part of this trade is that it shows the 1-8 team hasnt thrown in the towel. too many teams give up once they are out of it
Yep. One of the better owners in the league who has made multiple trades this year with multiple different people and has always stayed active even when not in the hunt.

I hate charts, but...

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/...e-chart-week-8/

According to this one, team a gave up 46 points of value. team b gave up 2.
while I love PFF that list is crap. Copied the qbs too but look at the right column they rank felix jones ahead of 20 backs you wouldn't trade for him. there are 20 backs there better than jones. And they rank all qbs after qb8 1 pt? That's a dumb system.

RB 22 Brandon Jackson GB 125 18

QB 23 Mark Sanchez NYJ 156 1 RB 23 Pierre Thomas NO 124 17

QB 24 Alex Smith D SF 140 1 RB 24 Cedric Benson CIN 133 14

QB 25 Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF 151 1 RB 25 DeAngelo Williams CAR 133 14

QB 26 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 149 1 RB 26 Ryan Mathews SD 117 13

QB 27 Matt Cassel KC 147 1 RB 27 Fred Jackson BUF 121 10

QB 28 Matt Moore CAR 138 1 RB 28 Ronnie Brown MIA 114 7

QB 29 Sam Bradford STL 122 1 RB 29 Reggie Bush NO 92 5

QB 30 Bruce Gradkowski OAK 108 1 RB 30 Marshawn Lynch SEA 100 5

QB 31 Colt McCoy CLE 98 1 RB 31 Danny Woodhead NE 98 4

QB 32 Max Hall ARI 97 1 RB 32 Thomas Jones KC 94 2

QB 33 Jason Campbell OAK 29 1 RB 33 Cadillac Williams TB 93 2