What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Anthony Richardson, IND (4 Viewers)

He looked at his best moving out of the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield. He missed a few throws high for sure but playing behind a make shift OL I thought he looked super poised and looked really solid. It was also clear he was trying to slide more and limit the big hits so he’s learning. love to see him improving.

Lot of empty calories when the team is down 20-0, you cannot keep a starting Quarterback job long if you are 4 out of 9 for under 50 yds, those were his stats before he started scoring on what i assume was perhaps a prevent at times, Rams fell asleep on defense after being dominant early

I don't want to try and be right, i want to learn.
I just think we need to go slow and not be in such a hurray to claim he's a gem or a bust

-I called ARich a Bust the night he was drafted, that wa s knee jerk reaction based on the info I had in my head at the time but I've learned a few things over the summer and I've seen him in action, there is potential. But I also see a QB that must use his legs to move the ball. He ha d more rushing yds than passing yds when he started his 2nd Half run.

MoP is sitting in the middle of some of the most dedicated FF players and on this particular NFL QB, I happen to be in the minority voting block, at least initially.
I'm not n a crusade to prove right/wrong, just like to share what i know or view about the QB position in the NFL, it's evolving for sure but I still think the best QBs have the better fundamentals down before they enter the NFL, not sure that is the case here and then you have a young coaching staff, wildcard owner. makes me nervous.

Cheers Everyone!

Trying to offload Mahomes for a haul to start Richardson. I thought he'd be a stud but not this early. Good for him and getting JT back will only help him.

Took Richardson at 6 in a ten team 1qb leauge. Today I was offered a late 24 1st and 2nd for Richardson and a 2nd.

Hahahahahaha
I got an inquiry in dynasty and I said he would be very very expensive and he did not respond. I would laugh at that guy for that offer.

Lot of empty calories when the team is down 20-0, you cannot keep a starting Quarterback job long if you are 4 out of 9 for under 50 yds, those were his stats before he started scoring on what i assume was perhaps a prevent at times, Rams fell asleep on defense after being dominant early

I just think we need to go slow and not be in such a hurray to claim he's a gem or a bust

-I called ARich a Bust the night he was drafted, that wa s knee jerk reaction based on the info I had in my head at the time but I've learned a few things over the summer and I've seen him in action, there is potential. But I also see a QB that must use his legs to move the ball. He ha d more rushing yds than passing yds when he started his 2nd Half run.

MoP is sitting in the middle of some of the most dedicated FF players and on this particular NFL QB, I happen to be in the minority voting block, at least initially.
I'm not n a crusade to prove right/wrong, just like to share what i know or view about the QB position in the NFL, it's evolving for sure but I still think the best QBs have the better fundamentals down before they enter the NFL, not sure that is the case here and then you have a young coaching staff, wildcard owner. makes me nervous.

Cheers Everyone!
You must have missed his TD pass that was a flick of the wrist off one leg. AR is going to be special.

So this is where you use the hype against the line/spread or as I would say TRADES!
What can you deal ARich for in Redraft since he's so HOT! HOT! HoT!
All of these trades I bring you are real and have happened in the last 24 hours, this is hot off the presses

MoP Jr just traded ARich across multiple leagues after acquiring him off waivers, smart boy!
His QB1 is Herbert or Tua in most of his leagues
ARich for DK Metcalf, Giddy up!
ARich for DJ Moore, risky for sure but 3 weeks in a row double digits and Top 15 right now
ARich for Devonta Smith

That gives you an idea what you can do to leverage the public's high opinion of this guy and maybe upgrade at WR.
RBs are harder to deal for and you usually need to combo like a 2 for 1, we feel we are in a better spot to do that as all thse acqusitions fill up the FLEX sppts
We have front line starters, we wanted to trade a back up QB that has no emotional attachment that we grabbed off waivers just because people were hyped on him
Decided it was a good time to flip him, maybe we didn't hold out long enough

Thanks for all the information everyone

-We also put another offer out there when we did the ARich trades, might help with some background. All of them had Herbert for Adams as an option if they preferred or something close to that and every time they went for Richardson and gave us back a WR we felt we could still exploit and use a lot.

Cheers!
:banned:

So this is where you use the hype against the line/spread or as I would say TRADES!
What can you deal ARich for in Redraft since he's so HOT! HOT! HoT!
All of these trades I bring you are real and have happened in the last 24 hours, this is hot off the presses

MoP Jr just traded ARich across multiple leagues after acquiring him off waivers, smart boy!
His QB1 is Herbert or Tua in most of his leagues
ARich for DK Metcalf, Giddy up!
ARich for DJ Moore, risky for sure but 3 weeks in a row double digits and Top 15 right now
ARich for Devonta Smith

That gives you an idea what you can do to leverage the public's high opinion of this guy and maybe upgrade at WR.
RBs are harder to deal for and you usually need to combo like a 2 for 1, we feel we are in a better spot to do that as all thse acqusitions fill up the FLEX sppts
We have front line starters, we wanted to trade a back up QB that has no emotional attachment that we grabbed off waivers just because people were hyped on him
Decided it was a good time to flip him, maybe we didn't hold out long enough

Thanks for all the information everyone

-We also put another offer out there when we did the ARich trades, might help with some background. All of them had Herbert for Adams as an option if they preferred or something close to that and every time they went for Richardson and gave us back a WR we felt we could still exploit and use a lot.

Cheers!
:banned:
I always value your assessments but I would content that there are some intangibles that are the reason people are so high on him. For one, he is improving every week and the NFL does not seem to be too much for him in terms of intimidation. He looks poised and the game seems to be slowing down for him. His passing accuracy is also improving and he is miles ahead of what alot of people were saying in this category. He is vastly superior athlete like no one has ever seen in football, period. He has the right coach who groomed Jalen Hurts who is like Richardson. Those are afew of the things that people are excited about. His potential is like one we've never seen.
Cheers 🍻

Yeah, I have Josh Allen as my QB1 and am looking to trade away ARich to bolster up my starting lineup. I'd love to hear of anymore stories of ppl pulling off trades and what they have received in compensation.

Yeah, I have Josh Allen as my QB1 and am looking to trade away ARich to bolster up my starting lineup. I'd love to hear of anymore stories of ppl pulling off trades and what they have received in compensation.
You're doing it backwards. Trade the player with a higher price and keep the one who has the biggest upside.

Yeah, I've thought about it and am open to it but would rather try to move AR first, if I can. But yeah, moving QBs isn't the easiest of things to do in savvy leagues.

12 team ppr redraft and I just traded Dameon Pierce and Burrow for AR and Michael Wilson.

Pierce was my RB4 (Jacobs, J. Cook, Achane) and I haven’t started him in any of he first 4 weeks. My QB’s were Burrow and Geno 🤢. Burrow might recover from his calf injury in due time and make me regret the trade, but I don’t have the luxury of waiting for him, the fantasy regular season is already 25%-30% over.

I traded Josh + Miles sanders before week 4 for Josh Jacobs so I could start ARich. Happy with that, I also picked up Stroud with the free slot to back him up in case he gets hurt/bye week.

Cheers Everyone!
It could very well be he is a mediocre qb but be a very good FF qb. In my 6pt per pass td he is averaging 27.5 per game played good for 5th place....if you consider he only played only 2 1/2 games that number goes to over 33 per game and #2 qb. In a 4pt per td league he would be even more valuable. Look there is no way he stays on the td pace but he could very well be a poor mans Jalen Hurts (back from the time they werent sure Hurts could even play qb and were thinking about benching him) Its pretty obvious the rushing tds will not stay at the same rate but also will be pretty difficult for his passing yards and tds to stay so low. The main wildcard in richardsons value is does the addition of Taylor make him more or less valuable. As a negative Id say his tds suffer. Not sure about his rushing yards. On the plus side you would think Taylors presence helps the overall Offense... Helping richardson. It will be an interesting one to watch for sure.

Cheers Everyone!
Essentially 2 games into his career seems pretty early to call him out for empty calories and all that. He took the Rams to OT and they look like a solid team.

Last edited:
JT extended, that cannot be a negative for the development of ARich

-It could impact his rushing TD totals or it could negatively impact JT if we notice ARich running 'em inside the 5 yd line with JT in the back field
Should be an interesting weekend

-It could impact his rushing TD totals or it could negatively impact JT if we notice ARich running 'em inside the 5 yd line with JT in the back field
It makes the offense overall better and should be a boost for both. Plus JT can catch and run so another mutual benefit.

It makes the offense overall better and should be a boost for both. Plus JT can catch and run so another mutual benefit.
I have JT across multiple leagues, this all seens to be coming together at the right time

Last edited:

I have JT across multiple leagues, this all sees to be coming together at the right time
I have JT in two and AR in three but I'm pretty disappointed I don't have them together in any lol. It's looking like anyone who got him in the 6+ is setting up for a nice finish.

I know it'll be good for the offense overall, but I'm not sure I'm as optimistic as you guys about the fantasy impact for Richardson.
Colts scoring 24 points a game already. JT better add a lot to the pie if he's ends up vulturing A-Rich's rushing TD's.

JT runs for 3 TD's today and AR gets none? You guys will be looking side-eyed at this too.

I know, I know. Rising tide, more extended drives, yada yada. But you guys know A-Rich has spoiled us with the TD runs.

Last edited:
I know it'll be good for the offense overall, but I'm not sure I'm as optimistic as you guys about the fantasy impact for Richardson.
Colts scoring 24 points a game already. JT better add a lot to the pie if he's ends up vulturing A-Rich's rushing TD's.

JT runs for 3 TD's today and AR gets none? You guys will be looking side-eyed at this too.

I know, I know. Rising tide, more extended drives, yada yada. But you guys know A-Rich has spoiled us with the TD runs.
I do share some of your concerns. Moss has played very well, but he’s not Jonathan Taylor, who I’m sure team brass will feed to take some pressure off A-Rich.

AR is going to get his. I have zero doubts on this.

Colts gonna kill another QB.
I thought about you today
I'm up against Fields/ARich across multiple formats and leagues, +42 by those who benched Fields, most of them I would say

Good luck going forward
Thanks buddy. I of course started ARich lol
I've started another ARich thread
Don't want to ruffle feathers of posters I otherwise tend to agree with, I knew I was on an island during the summer

I seriously hope ARich smokes it the rest of the season, this isn't fun to watch, I would prefer he was a complete stud and made it easy for JT,
I have him in almsot all my redrafts, anyone that thinks I'm hating on ARich is smoking fruit lops

It's gonna get better, today was just 1 Sunday, I'm not kidding. Give thema a couple weeks in practice and leading up to Sunday

Buy Low Buy Low Buy Low
-Seriously I'm buying LOW!!!
I hope Arich is good to go, I have no clue what the injury was

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread