What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Anthony Richardson, IND (1 Viewer)

Is anyone going to admit that was super high on him all summer that maybe things are not going to quite work out the way you were hoping?

And @travdogg you had ARich as a Top 10 QB for redraft and I expressed how much I disagreed with it
I think most people either drafted him late, drafted him as their QB2, or did what some of us were able to accomplish and use the public's love for this guy in the FF community and trade him immediately after he has a decent game. I believe he was a pretty high pick in Dynasty Leagues form all the heckling I got about all summer

I go back to when the Colts were down 20-0 a couple weeks ago to the Rams and everyone was so pumped up at what he did in the 2nd Half, but it was like everyone just forgot he was the main problem and why the Colts were down 20-0, 4 of 9 passing attempts before he started coming around on the Rams, that's what he did in college 52% completions
You cannot survive in the NFL playing Quarterback that way.

And the Colts burned the #4 pick on him, but I bet many still feel like they made an excellent decision.

I really don't agree with this at all...everyone knew he was raw when he got drafted as a soon to be 21-year-old but he did nothing but look very promising when he played and I have seen nothing but leadership and maturity from him which is a must for today's QB...still a very long way to go before the book on him is written and the injuries definitely are a concern but in today's NFL everything revolves around the QB position and Indy has to be very encouraged by what they have seen so far and I would assume would make this pick again without hesitation.
I'm one of the very few that immediately had a 1-word post and I rarely use it
"Bust"

And when pressed about it and explaining that he didn't have passing skills required, I was mocked for not understanding that he was part of the new QB club in the NFL
And now it seems he is potentially done for the year, did not complete many games he started because of injuries, he's not worth anything in redraft this year.

He's a BUST, however folks want to define it for 2023. I know the dynasty players get angry with me, but news alert, I don't compete in that format, all I care about is the N-O-W!

I did not read your post as just 2023 redraft as the last sentence does not back that up.

Is anyone going to admit that was super high on him all summer that maybe things are not going to quite work out the way you were hoping?

And @travdogg you had ARich as a Top 10 QB for redraft and I expressed how much I disagreed with it
I think most people either drafted him late, drafted him as their QB2, or did what some of us were able to accomplish and use the public's love for this guy in the FF community and trade him immediately after he has a decent game. I believe he was a pretty high pick in Dynasty Leagues form all the heckling I got about all summer

I go back to when the Colts were down 20-0 a couple weeks ago to the Rams and everyone was so pumped up at what he did in the 2nd Half, but it was like everyone just forgot he was the main problem and why the Colts were down 20-0, 4 of 9 passing attempts before he started coming around on the Rams, that's what he did in college 52% completions

And the Colts burned the #4 pick on him, but I bet many still feel like they made an excellent decision.

I really don't agree with this at all...everyone knew he was raw when he got drafted as a soon to be 21-year-old but he did nothing but look very promising when he played and I have seen nothing but leadership and maturity from him which is a must for today's QB...still a very long way to go before the book on him is written and the injuries definitely are a concern but in today's NFL everything revolves around the QB position and Indy has to be very encouraged by what they have seen so far and I would assume would make this pick again without hesitation.

I grabbed him as my 2nd QB but he appears to be as brittle as a sheet of glass. I don't think he's going to last long in this league. He clearly has the skills and is very talented but raw (like you said), I just don't know if he'll ever have the time to become great. He's been injured and left early in ALL but one of his games this year, and even had to miss a game due to injury.

I don't know what he can do to prevent not getting hurt in the future. Some guys are just too brittle/prone to injury. He appears to be one of them. I wouldn't call him a BUST though, either, like MOP does. It just is what it is.

I grabbed him as my 2nd QB but he appears to be as brittle as a sheet of glass. I don't think he's going to last long in this league. He clearly has the skills and is very talented but raw (like you said), I just don't know if he'll ever have the time to become great. He's been injured and left early in ALL but one of his games this year, and even had to miss a game due to injury.

I don't know what he can do to prevent not getting hurt in the future. Some guys are just too brittle/prone to injury. He appears to be one of them. I wouldn't call him a BUST though, either, like MOP does. It just is what it is.

Absolutely agree that this is a concern but the early returns on the HC are good so I have faith they can figure this out...the kid turned 22 in May and his game will have to evolve but you just can't teach the talent he has but they will have to mold it.

"Bust"

And when pressed about it and explaining that he didn't have passing skills required, I was mocked for not understanding that he was part of the new QB club in the NFL
And now it seems he is potentially done for the year, did not complete many games he started because of injuries, he's not worth anything in redraft this year.

He's a BUST, however folks want to define it for 2023. I know the dynasty players get angry with me, but news alert, I don't compete in that format, all I care about is the N-O-W!

I did not read your post as just 2023 redraft as the last sentence does not back that up.
I'm talking redraft
Maybe the kid has an epiphany in the off season, it's not unheard of
Maybe a new OC, maybe a lot of things, happy to look at him again in summer '24
And yeah i probably would not be an investor if I did play in the dynasty format
But again 2023 and the NOW,

Dynasty usually takes a couple seasons but what I took exception to was the folks who pimped in redraft leagues
I would imagine his dynasty stock is way down at the moment but it will rise again next Spring/Summer

"Bust"

I'm talking redraft
And yeah i probably would not be an investor if I did play in the dynasty format

Dynasty usually takes a couple seasons but what I took exception to was the folks who pimped in redraft leagues
I would imagine his dynasty stock is way down at the moment but it will rise again next Spring/Summer

I only play Dynasty and I would say his stock is up...going into the year he was risky for obvious reasons but in the short sample size it looks like best-case scenario production-wise...now if you are concerned about the injuries that is valid but to see a kid that raw produce right away is very encouraging.

"Bust"

I'm talking redraft

I only play Dynasty and I would say his stock is up...going into the year he was risky for obvious reasons but in the short sample size it looks like best-case scenario production-wise...now if you are concerned about the injuries that is valid but to see a kid that raw produce right away is very encouraging.
I'm happy you feel that way Boston, I have no desire to argue with you about dynasty
Good luck today

"Bust"

I'm talking redraft

I'm happy you feel that way Boston, I have no desire to argue with you about dynasty
Good luck today

No need to argue...I keep an open mind and see the upside and downside of this player and there is potential for both.

I like the upside of running QBs as much as anyone, but I’ve learned to discount them as far as dynasty goes. So much so I’m unlikely to ever invest a 1st/high 2nd in one.

All of them will eventually have to rely on their arm. The problem is that process can happen fairly quickly as they start getting beat up. Hurts will be the next top running QB to start slowing down (it’s already happening to some degree).

In short, their arm talent typically can’t compensate for how quickly their running ability vanishes, either because of injury or the inevitable lack of rushes so they can stay healthy, not to mention being less effective at it as time goes on.

They always have to fall back on their arm talent…which is rarely a good thing.

I'm fine with what Richardson showed before he got hurt. On a fantasy points per snap basis, he was literally QB1 overall. Sure that doesn't really help anyone who drafted him, but I think it means his only failing was not being able to stay on the field, which happens to lots of guys. I mean, were the Jets stupid to trade for Aaron Rodgers?

Richardson had a roughly 60% completion%. That's not bad, especially for a very raw passer. He some impressive throws, and obviously was an incredible runner. I'll be ranking Richardson as a top-10 QB pretty much whenever he's active.

NFL-wise, I think the jury is out, but fantasy wise, he was even better than one could have hoped for, until he got hurt.

After drafting high 2 physical running QBs in Lance and Richardson it really makes me appreciate how Hurts puts up these monster numbers and somehow knows how to minimize hits.

In the long run its not fatal to the value of Richardson - played some and now can sit and watch for a season - if he gets injured long term again next year then the panic sets in.

"Bust"

Its a draft pick that didnt work out for sure but as a FF quarterback he was anything BUT a bust. Injuries can happen to anyone but unless you called him a bust before the season because you thought he would get injured to much to hold value you dont get to call him a bust because of the injuries and if you are calling him a bust for his FF abilities when healthy then you must have not payed any attention to the little time he did play. I suppose to be consistent you are calling Chubb a bust too right? In the 1 1/2ish game Richardson was on the field he was QB 2 in my league. That is hardly a bust in my view. You know who else looked like a raw passer who was still a very valuable FF QB? That would be Jalen Hurts who was almost benched but then blossomed into being a very good QB when his passing skills developed. As a bad passer he was STILL a very valuable FF QB just based on his running ability/ short yardage td runs.

"Bust"

Its a draft pick that didnt work out for sure but as a FF quarterback he was anything BUT a bust. Injuries can happen to anyone but unless you called him a bust before the season because you thought he would get injured to much to hold value you dont get to call him a bust because of the injuries and if you are calling him a bust for his FF abilities when healthy then you must have not payed any attention to the little time he did play. I suppose to be consistent you are calling Chubb a bust too right? In the 1 1/2ish game Richardson was on the field he was QB 2 in my league. That is hardly a bust in my view. You know who else looked like a raw passer who was still a very valuable FF QB? That would be Jalen Hurts who was almost benched but then blossomed into being a very good QB when his passing skills developed. As a bad passer he was STILL a very valuable FF QB just based on his running ability/ short yardage td runs.
You think Arich should be held in the same breath as Nick Chubb
Interesting POV for sure and doing a QB/RB comparison, a Rookie vs a seasoned Vet, the similarities are striking for sure
Thanks and Cheers!

"Bust"

You think Arich should be held in the same breath as Nick Chubb
Interesting POV for sure and doing a QB/RB comparison, a Rookie vs a seasoned Vet, the similarities are striking for sure
Thanks and Cheers!
You are smart enough to know that wasnt my point at all so why be so obviously disingenuous? I would gladly discuss it with someone operating in good faith but that obviously isnt you.. Have a good day.

It's a bummer more people cannot spot this stuff early, like you did.

Like that time you cut CJ Stroud before the season to make room for Russell Wilson.

:moneybag: :moneybag:

Like that time you cut
CJ Stroud
before the season to make room for

Russell Wilson

:moneybag:

Like that time you cut CJ Stroud before the season to make room for Russell Wilson.

:moneybag: :moneybag:
Dont worry. If Stroud gets seriously injured (not wishing injury on anybody any time) MOP will be around and claim Stroud was a bust and he was a genius to pick up a healthy Wilson instead.

Sad to find out he's likely done for the year. He's an elite FF QB and I drafted him as a starter in a 2QB league. Keeper league with rule players can only be kept for one year and we have IR spots, so He will be my keeper QB for next year.

Unless the thesis was he'll be an absolute stud who won't survive due to playing style... I'll stop right there, since it wasn't.

Unless the thesis was he'll be an absolute stud who won't survive due to playing style... I'll stop right there, since it wasn't.
4 games as a rookie where he didn't finish many of them and you label him a stud?
I don't understand why ARich investors and admirers are so enamored with this guy.
3 Passing TDs in 4 games is Stud? Giants think so, they paid Daniel Jones $160M and he threw 15 TDs in 2022, that's about the pace here
4 rush TDs while the #1 RB in football was on IR and fighting with the owner and you say Stud?
Really? Seriously? We always have good heated exchanges
I started a whole thread on him and the entire QB style you seem to love, I hope you stop by.

4 games as a rookie where he didn't finish many of them and you label him a stud?
I don't understand why ARich investors and admirers are so enamored with this guy.
3 Passing TDs in 4 games is Stud? Giants think so, they paid Daniel Jones $160M and he threw 15 TDs in 2022, that's about the pace here
4 rush TDs while the #1 RB in football was on IR and fighting with the owner and you say Stud?
Really? Seriously? We always have good heated exchanges
I started a whole thread on him and the entire QB style you seem to love, I hope you stop by.

I take it you haven't watched him play. 😉

It's official. Richardson to undergo season ending surgery.

Dammit. Now one of my redraft teams is being piloted by Jordan Love, C.J. Stroud, and Matthew Stafford, which costs me at least one bench player I could be storing. (Because I can't trust the first-year guys to really be excellent and consistent.)

I'm pretty bummed out by this news. I was very Anti- ARich for his draft capital over the offseason. I felt too many people were chasing Justin Fields type rushing yards with him and he would be too raw to produce any FF value for at least a couple years.

I really liked what I saw when he was healthy and feel I underestimated him due to college production. The injury prone label is a real thing and I still think its too early for that to stick, but the season ending surgery makes this a real concern.

I hope to see him make a full recovery because he was fun to watch. Tough call for the Colts though trying to build around him right now.

As far as his Dynasty Value, he is a firm hold. I wouldn't sell if I owned him and wouldn't buy if I didn't.

I think it is 100% clear he will be a perennial top 5 fantasy QB if healthy. His ceiling is still so dang high.

I really hope he stays healthy.

FYI, I sold him in dynasty a week ago as I'm contending and I was able to get Lamar Jackson in the deal. I'm not a huge believer in the "injury prone" label, but he needs to get better about the hits he does take, developing skills to minimize impact. His arm talent and legs are both phenomenal. We saw enough that I have no long term worries about his accuracy IMO. And he's got the right work ethic and isn't a knuckle head. I mean, I just really hope he's able to give us many healthy seasons in his future because it'll be amazing to watch.

Where do we think he'll rank in redraft next year? Is he a top 10 QB based on the upside he showed when healthy, or is he another tier down because we haven't seen enough?

(I'm thinking the context of keeper leagues where some of us have to figure out whether it's worth it to carry him all year. No point burning a roster spot on next year's QB15 but at some point it's worth considering.)

He will/could be the David Boston of QB’s.

Love the talent like all of you but my biggest concern was his injury history and here it is in the NFL too.

If he stays healthy he will be a FF stud for 4-5 years before his body quits.

Cam Newton is a perfect comparison. There was a 3 year stretch when Cam was dominating and then that was it. He took so much punishment.

The red flag here is….he only got through 4 games and 3 of them he left early. Correct me if it was 4/4.

Anyway….all world talent with one big question mark.

And while his accuracy is also a concern…that can be fixed. Getting hurt all the time cannot.

Richardson had a roughly 60% completion%. That's not bad, especially for a very raw passer. He some impressive throws, and obviously was an incredible runner. I'll be ranking Richardson as a top-10 QB pretty much whenever he's active.
I was honestly surprised at how he looked as a passer right out the gate. I didn't watch much in college but figured he was more rookie Malik Willis as a passer based on what I had heard. He was obviously not Stroud in that regard, but he was more competent than I expected.

Whisky wasn’t working, too much foods in my belly.

Switched to tequila, finally feeling that warm buzzz
I only did this for hot sauce guy.

… you’re not cool unless you pee your pants.
Peeing your pants --- cool.
Peeing someone else's pants --- not cool.
Look at this guy, he doesn't pee in his girlfriend's panties!

On a serious note can't wait for next year to watch AR play. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Richardson could go 2 ways - being able to play a bit and also take mostly a redshirt year this season to learn could be huge for his development.

However, if he gets another season ending injury next year his value will plummet and could be looking at the next Trey Lance

Richardson could go 2 ways - being able to play a bit and also take mostly a redshirt year this season to learn could be huge for his development.

However, if he gets another season ending injury next year his value will plummet and could be looking at the next Trey Lance
Be careful, I did the comparison to Trey Lance immediately and got heckled all summer and even got roasted for letting CJ Stroud go as my QB2 before the season opener even though i got him back on waivers pretty quick. And I have a long bread crumb trail in the Houston Texans thread, I've been talking about CJStroud as the prize in the '23 Draft for quite some time.

-I never hung around the off season much after the Super Bowl and then after the Draft I like to take a long NFL break before camps open and whatnot.
You can tell, I don't play Dynasty, used to and prefer Redraft. But last year I was kind of intrigued by a lot of off season things and stayed around much of the off season and we have quite a different vibe around here in March thru July I would say
My big beef were folks pimping ARich as a top 10 QB in Redraft as a Rookie...that some serious cheeba that folks were smoking.

I agree with @Todem about his body giving out after 4-5 years, especially if he gets banged up again which he will because he's not a Quarterback, he prefers to make plays with his legs.
I've had Jalen Hurts all season, he's been injured but he looks so slow when he's running around right now. And he took Philly all the way to the SB last year.
People that don't think I like mobility are fooling themselves, I can see what a mobile QB offers but I don't see the accurate arm yet and that is what wins games.

There is a disconnect here somewhere that revolves around ARich being a Top 5 FF QB and an actual NFL Top 5 Quarterback
For years I had to listen to how great Russ Wilson was because he was decent in FF but you knew once they paid him that he could not carry the Seahawks to a Super Bowl
I know ARich will have some weeks and on those weeks his supporters are going to blare trumpets but he also might lose his job next year if he doesn't produce wins.

Is ARich really a Top 5-10 Quarterback in the NFL? i like your Trey Lance comparison Kid but I caution you comparing him to Trey Lance, nobody with a long term investment around here wants to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread