What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Caleb Williams, CHI (1 Viewer)

Trying to project this guy and I come up with the following so far. It's really a shot in the dark. His strength is supposed to be accuracy so I bumped that up a bit.

Also assuming the acquisition of D'Andre Swift should have them running more than passing compared to previous years to help protect their investment.

311/460 - 67.5%
3,174 yards
23/13 TD/INT

3500 yards and 23 TDs. Thats a solid line.

I think I'd go under on Yards and Over on TDs. Bears will continue to play semi-conservative offense, but Williams has success in the redzone.

I think I'd go under on Yards and Over on TDs. Bears will continue to play semi-conservative offense, but Williams has success in the redzone.
Those #s are basically just a bet on how many games he misses due to injury. 3500 is ~200 yards a game, no way he doesn't hit that if he plays in all 17.

Those #s are basically just a bet on how many games he misses due to injury. 3500 is ~200 yards a game, no way he doesn't hit that if he plays in all 17.
When you put it like that it seems very doable. 3500 yards would be the 5th best passing season in Bears History. Times have definitely changed...

I cant decide if the Bears singed Swift because they want to run more and ease Williams into the position, or not. This would result in less passing than previous years and more running plays, but I could also see them letting Williams loose.

I cant decide if the Bears singed Swift because they want to run more and ease Williams into the position, or not. This would result in less passing than previous years and more running plays, but I could also see them letting Williams loose.
The Bears acquisitions of Allen, Odunze, and Everett has me leaning more towards the passing. Swift may just be as simple as upgrading the RB room with Foreman having left in free agency and Herbert and Johnson being all that's left.

The Bears acquisitions of Allen, Odunze, and Everett has me leaning more towards the passing. Swift may just be as simple as upgrading the RB room with Foreman having left in free agency and Herbert and Johnson being all that's left.
The Swift signing was exactly that, an upgrade from Herbert. The Bears probably wanted a vet back there and he filled the bill.
Herbert is a great RB2, but he isn't a guy that can carry the load all season.

Agreed the WR investments hold a lot more weight than any RB investment.

I think the Swift signing further indicates they want to pass more. Swift is not a better runner than Khalil Herbert, he never has been. However, Herbert is not a good pass catcher, and other than last year in Philly, Swift has been one of the better pass catching RBs in the NFL.

I think given the weapons around him, it'd be an upset if Caleb Williams wasn't a top-15 QB as a rookie. Top-10 is absolutely on the table. Also, Williams is a vastly underrated runner. He's not Jayden Daniels or Justin Fields, but he ran for 21 TDs in his 26 games at USC. It wouldn't be a shock at all if he dropped 5+ rushing TDs.

I think given the weapons around him, it'd be an upset if Caleb Williams wasn't a top-15 QB as a rookie
I was thinking that they may have good defense and running game, and you were being a little optimistic with your projection, but yeah, top 15 seems within reach.
not really seeing the good running game, i mean not terrible but closer to average, seems like they're set up to pass

not really seeing the good running game, i mean not terrible but closer to average, seems like they're set up to pass
They have three useful RBs. Mobile QBs usually bring along a good running game with them.

They have a lot of receiving options, but if that defense is playing well, and they looked good 2nd half of last year, he won't need to toss it 40 times. The JJ McCarthy Rule, I believe this is called. :wink:

Sky Kruse
“It’s easy to recognize the quarterback’s [Caleb Wiliams] high-level arm talent and ability to change speeds with his passes, to throw with accuracy and to make plays from different arm angles and while on the move.” 👀

“[Caleb] Williams didn’t have much opportunity to show off his superpower, which is his ability to extend plays and be dangerous as a passer off-script. Inside league circles, there’s curiosity to see how Williams can use that skill in the NFL while not becoming overly reliant on it.” 🤔
#Bears

-@danwiederer via @chicagotribune

chicagotribune.com/2024/05/11/chi…

Agreed the WR investments hold a lot more weight than any RB investment.

I think the Swift signing further indicates they want to pass more. Swift is not a better runner than Khalil Herbert, he never has been. However, Herbert is not a good pass catcher, and other than last year in Philly, Swift has been one of the better pass catching RBs in the NFL.

I think given the weapons around him, it'd be an upset if Caleb Williams wasn't a top-15 QB as a rookie. Top-10 is absolutely on the table. Also, Williams is a vastly underrated runner. He's not Jayden Daniels or Justin Fields, but he ran for 21 TDs in his 26 games at USC. It wouldn't be a shock at all if he dropped 5+ rushing TDs.
I'm starting to look at Williams as well. I didn't buy into the hype coming out of college but he is going to have 2 legit WRs that have proven they are in the Top 10-20 WRs in the NFL, both of them have long resumes at this point and then you add in a sensational rookie at WR drafted in the top part of the 1st round to compliment Williams, a decent TE in Kmet and Swift/Herbert can cause some damage in the back field, sure a stud RB could be added eventually but for a rookie taken No 1 starting off in the NFL behind a decent OL, this looks pretty good.

Will be very disappointing if the Bears offense isn't more fun to watch as it develops with Caleb over the first 6-8 weeks of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread