What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (1 Viewer)

Next Gen Stats
Dak Prescott held onto the ball for 5.87 seconds on his 13-yard TD pass to CeeDee Lamb to cap off the Cowboys opening drive.

Prescott leads the NFL in YPA (13.4), success rate (39.7%), and CPOE (+17.7%) on extended dropbacks (4+ seconds) this season.

#PHIvsDAL | #DallasCowboys

Dak Prescott's 39-yard completion to Michael Gallup had a 17.3% completion probability, Dak's most improbable completion this season.

🔹 Air Distance: 51.4 yards
🔹 QB Separation: 0.3 yards*

*Least separation from QB on a deep completion since Week 3, 2019

Powered by @awscloud

Dak Prescott was at his best targeting in-breaking routes tonight (9/13, 103 yards, 2 TDs).

Prescott threw into a tight window on a season-high 30.8% of attempts for 99 yards, the most tight window passing yards by a quarterback in a game this season.

Definitely the leading QB candidate for MVP. If he maintains this record pace it’s a no brainer, however a derailment could come at any time. It is the Cowboys after all. 🫣

Next Gen Stats
Dak Prescott held onto the ball for 5.87 seconds on his 13-yard TD pass to CeeDee Lamb to cap off the Cowboys opening drive.

Prescott leads the NFL in YPA (13.4), success rate (39.7%), and CPOE (+17.7%) on extended dropbacks (4+ seconds) this season.

Dak Prescott's 39-yard completion to Michael Gallup had a 17.3% completion probability, Dak's most improbable completion this season.

🔹 Air Distance: 51.4 yards
🔹 QB Separation: 0.3 yards*

*Least separation from QB on a deep completion since Week 3, 2019

Powered by @awscloud

Dak Prescott was at his best targeting in-breaking routes tonight (9/13, 103 yards, 2 TDs).

Prescott threw into a tight window on a season-high 30.8% of attempts for 99 yards, the most tight window passing yards by a quarterback in a game this season.

His accuracy this season has seemed light years ahead compared to previous seasons.

Next Gen Stats
Dak Prescott recorded his 3rd-highest success rate (72.2%) in a game in his career in Week 18, generating +19.5 EPA on his dropbacks.

Prescott ends the season with the 2nd-most passing EPA in the NFL (+104.6) & a league-high +4.7% CPOE.

#DALvsWAS | #DallasCowboys

Dak Prescott completed 4 of 6 passes targeting vertical routes for 26 yards & 3 TD.

Prescott threw 23 TD passes targeting vertical routes this season, the most in a single-season since Andrew Luck threw 24 in 2018.

#DALvsWAS | #DallasCowboys

Marcus Mosher
The Dallas Cowboys are averaging 29.9 PPG with Dak Prescott under center since 2019.

That is the highest PPG among all teams and QBs during that span.

And we still have national media members out there believing Dak isn't good.
It's b/c he shrinks in big moments, probs. Getting bounced in the playoffs by the same team 2 years in a row by Jimmy G then Mr Irrelevant while also playing poorly in those games will get you not great media attention. Also probably being the first guy to ever lead the league in INTs while also missing 5 games. Cowboys beats are interesting "Remember how good we were in 2019 though!"
Dak is what he is. He's just not a big-moment QB. The crazy thing is, he is going to get a record breaking extension too.

Marcus Mosher
The Dallas Cowboys are averaging 29.9 PPG with Dak Prescott under center since 2019.

It's b/c he shrinks in big moments, probs. Getting bounced in the playoffs by the same team 2 years in a row by Jimmy G then Mr Irrelevant while also playing poorly in those games will get you not great media attention. Also probably being the first guy to ever lead the league in INTs while also missing 5 games. Cowboys beats are interesting "Remember how good we were in 2019 though!"
Dak is what he is. He's just not a big-moment QB. The crazy thing is, he is going to get a record breaking extension too.
If I was a Giants, Eagles, or Redskins fan I’d be rooting for him to get that extension.

Marcus Mosher

If I was a Giants, Eagles, or Redskins fan I’d be rooting for him to get that extension.
The only best thing that happened last time is Jerry strung it a long forcing him to overpay at that moment in time. Despites "Dak's dominance of the NFC East" it hasn't really stood in the way of Eagles having playoff success throughout his career. Glad he got his first All Pro though.

Marcus Mosher

Hard to blame Dak for the defensive performance yesterday.
Yea the entire Dallas offense was putrid in the first half,but the defense did nothing to keep the game close.
I'd call it a complete team failure.

Marcus Mosher

Hard to blame Dak for the defensive performance yesterday.
Yea the entire Dallas offense was putrid in the first half,but the defense did nothing to keep the game close.
I'd call it a complete team failure.
I mean I'm with ya. But it was 20-0 before Dak threw his 2nd INT, a pick 6. First one set up a touchdown. So that to me, is 2 touchdowns given to the Packers that you really can't put on Dak. 27 points scored by Green Bay before Dak and Co. even got a score. And iirc, CD had ZERO first half catches. He'll be able to say he had another 3 TD game in the playoffs at least I guess.

I called him a fraud a few months ago and got laughed at. Now validated.
Posts like this are very uninformed. The weight of that loss definitely doesn’t Sit on Dak’s shoulders. I can only assume he catches the flak he does because he’s the QB of the Cowboys.
He is tied for the lowest playoff winning % of all time of all QBs with 5+ playoff starts. Its not *entirely* on Dak, but he had a pick 6 and an INT inside his own 20 yard line that directly resulted into 2 scores. The score was 27-0 before the offense got any points.

Posts like this are very uninformed. The weight of that loss definitely doesn’t Sit on Dak’s shoulders. I can only assume he catches the flak he does because he’s the QB of the Cowboys.
He is tied for the lowest playoff winning % of all time of all QBs with 5+ playoff starts. Its not *entirely* on Dak, but he had a pick 6 and an INT inside his own 20 yard line that directly resulted into 2 scores. The score was 27-0 before the offense got any points.
Yeah, I mean he was awful. Unless you watched only the final quarter in garbage time, I dont know how you come to any other conclusion. He put them in the hole as much as the defense did.

Dak's a really good QB, but yesterday was not his best day. On paper, even in a track meet, that offense should have been able to trade punches and score on GB.

First INT was a great play by the DB, but maybe that ball should have went somewhere else.

Second INT was on Dak and truly felt like the back-breaker.

He should have been picked off a 3rd time just before the half when he threw the ball right into the (stone) hands of GB LB in the end zone.

He was brilliant once GB took their foot off the gas after 3 quarters and some change. The stats look great on paper, but do little to tell the story of what happened to them yesterday. It's actually very similar to what happened to CLE on Saturday... defense got trucked and Flacco helped to drive the nails in.

Dak's a really good QB, but yesterday was not his best day. On paper, even in a track meet, that offense should have been able to trade punches and score on GB.

First INT was a great play by the DB, but maybe that ball should have went somewhere else.

Second INT was on Dak and truly felt like the back-breaker.

He should have been picked off a 3rd time just before the half when he threw the ball right into the (stone) hands of GB LB in the end zone.

He was brilliant once GB took their foot off the gas after 3 quarters and some change. The stats look great on paper, but do little to tell the story of what happened to them yesterday. It's actually very similar to what happened to CLE on Saturday... defense got trucked and Flacco helped to drive the nails in.
People will point to his stats in this game to support their argument that he is a playoff performer. Everyone who watched that game knows he played terrible, and did nothing when the game was within 3 scores. Impressive stat line, but an abhorrent performance.

2 turnovers in the first half that lead to 14 points fall on who if not the QB? Taylor Swift?

2 turnovers in the first half that lead to 14 points fall on who if not the QB? Taylor Swift?
Not only two turnovers but bad decision passes.

Not only two turnovers but bad decision passes.
3rd one dropped in the end zone might’ve been the worst of the 3. He got super lucky on that one.

ETA: But I’m uniformed

All these statements are true to me:

1. Dak Prescott is a very good QB.

2. Dak Prescott did not play well against Green Bay

3. Dak Prescott isn't responsible for Dallas losing to Green Bay.

That loss was truly a team effort.
Here's a 4th one.

4. Dak Prescott is not going to lead you to a Super Bowl.
I think the jury is out there. A lot worse QBs than Dak have gotten to Super Bowls.

If you are arguing Dak won't CARRY a team to a Super Bowl, like a Brady, Manning, or Mahomes, then yes probably not.

Dak did his part, and then some. He's the QB. He looked like a deer in the headlights out there. He was inaccurate as a passer. Not impressed.

Ultimately, it falls on the HC though. The 'Boys were not ready to play.

Dak seems like the exact opposite of Eli Manning to me. I can't remember seeing a QB go from the highs as he rode almost the entirety of the regular season, to looking lost out there like he did in this playoff game. I won't put the entire loss on him, but his play reminded me of when Costner got the yips in tin cup. The look on his face after he threw the first pick just seemed to say "oh no... it's happening again". And IMO he was unable to shake it and then he looked off the rest of the game, missing reads and throws he made with ease all season long. Even some of the sacks he took were plays in the regular season he was avoiding by throwing the ball away. I still think he's a great QB, but he really might just not have that playoff edge QBs like Eli did. Was a real shame as outside SF and Baltimore, I thought Dallas had the next best shot at winning it all this year.

From a fantasy perspective, I could care less though. Hopefully this keeps/drives his price down as people forget fantasy leagues stop well short of the playoffs. He was a steal this year, and I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on him again next year.

Here's a 4th one.

4. Dak Prescott is not going to lead you to a Super Bowl.
5) Dak will make a costly mistake preventing you from winning a Super Bowl.

He’s a regular season pro bowler.
He is, as evidenced by sub par performances, a 2-5 record, and propensity for turnovers- a playoff fraud.

He is, as evidenced by sub par performances, a 2-5 record, and propensity for turnovers- a playoff fraud.
I think playoff performance sometimes gets over scrutinized. Dak didn't play well Sunday, and hasn't had the best playoff history, but I think its unfair to call him a fraud.

Tom Brady has had a handful of games in the playoffs as bad or worse than what Dak did Sunday, so has Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning etc.

The playoffs are the best of the best, and sometimes bad games happen for good players, and sometimes great games from mediocre players. In pretty much any case, its rarely fair to put all the weight on the QB, and often the team with the better QB loses.

Marcus Mosher

The Cowboys lost to the 49ers (the best defense in the NFL), don't say Dak lost to Jimmy G or Purdy, that's disingenuous and not really accurate.

Dak is a very good QB, anyone who disagrees with that, shouldn't have their opinion taken seriously. Having said that, he's never progressed to great QB, and sometimes fans/media have a tendency to place all blame/credit on QBs (or HCs) the INTs were extremely fluky and not a concern at all, given its a pretty big outlier for his career.

Dak played one of the best games of his career in the playoffs last season, it was just the Tampa game and not the SF game. He played great against the Eagles and Vikings last year as well (who were the NFC's top-2 seeds) just really seems to struggle against the 49ers.

How in the world do you consider this INT "extremely fluky"? That INT cost Dallas the lead in the 2nd half and likely the game. An absolutely inexcusable call there by the offensive coordinator but Dak cannot try and force that ball in there. That's not fluky, that's just dumb.
I'm talking about leading the league, not one in particular.

As a fan, I hope you're right. But I have some serious doubts about his ability to clean that up.
He only had 1 season being in the top-10 in the NFL in INT's before last year, and that was in his 2nd season in 2017, when Zeke was suspended, and the top-3 pass catchers were a breaking down Dez, end of career Witten, and Terrance Williams. Even then it was 7th most, 9 less than the league leader.

You can be a Dak believer and make excuses for his INT rate spiking to obscene levels and that is fine. He certainly has had some regular season success and has put up some nice TD numbers.

I, however, view him quite differently. That INT against SFO was the final straw for me. Elite QBs don't make that throw in that game in that situation. Careless. Just utterly careless.

Schooling the youngins in here.

Marcus Mosher

The Cowboys lost to the 49ers (the best defense in the NFL), don't say Dak lost to Jimmy G or Purdy, that's disingenuous and not really accurate.

Dak is a very good QB, anyone who disagrees with that, shouldn't have their opinion taken seriously. Having said that, he's never progressed to great QB, and sometimes fans/media have a tendency to place all blame/credit on QBs (or HCs) the INTs were extremely fluky and not a concern at all, given its a pretty big outlier for his career.

Dak played one of the best games of his career in the playoffs last season, it was just the Tampa game and not the SF game. He played great against the Eagles and Vikings last year as well (who were the NFC's top-2 seeds) just really seems to struggle against the 49ers.

How in the world do you consider this INT "extremely fluky"? That INT cost Dallas the lead in the 2nd half and likely the game. An absolutely inexcusable call there by the offensive coordinator but Dak cannot try and force that ball in there. That's not fluky, that's just dumb.

As a fan, I hope you're right. But I have some serious doubts about his ability to clean that up.
He only had 1 season being in the top-10 in the NFL in INT's before last year, and that was in his 2nd season in 2017, when Zeke was suspended, and the top-3 pass catchers were a breaking down Dez, end of career Witten, and Terrance Williams. Even then it was 7th most, 9 less than the league leader.

You can be a Dak believer and make excuses for his INT rate spiking to obscene levels and that is fine. He certainly has had some regular season success and has put up some nice TD numbers.

I, however, view him quite differently. That INT against SFO was the final straw for me. Elite QBs don't make that throw in that game in that situation. Careless. Just utterly careless.

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, and many more elite QBs would disagree with you.

You still a Dak believer?

I think playoff performance sometimes gets over scrutinized. Dak didn't play well Sunday, and hasn't had the best playoff history, but I think its unfair to call him a fraud.

Tom Brady has had a handful of games in the playoffs as bad or worse than what Dak did Sunday, so has Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning etc.

The playoffs are the best of the best, and sometimes bad games happen for good players, and sometimes great games from mediocre players. In pretty much any case, its rarely fair to put all the weight on the QB, and often the team with the better QB loses.
He’s been bad in the playoffs, period. He has a 2-5 record as a starter. For someone that has been consistently good during the regular season- the difference is pronounced and very real.

In your second paragraph, all the QBs listed have won a Super Bowl. Dak hasn’t even been to a conference title game.

To your point, the playoffs are the best of the best, and 2-5, coupled with a myriad of mistakes and ill advised picks, make Dak a complete playoff fraud.

He’s been bad in the playoffs, period. He has a 2-5 record as a starter. For someone that has been consistently good during the regular season- the difference is pronounced and very real.

In your second paragraph, all the QBs listed have won a Super Bowl. Dak hasn’t even been to a conference title game.

To your point, the playoffs are the best of the best, and 2-5, coupled with a myriad of mistakes and ill advised picks, make Dak a complete playoff fraud.
The reason I listed those guys was because they'd won a Super Bowl. I was trying to illustrate that there is no magic "plays great in the playoffs" QB. Its mostly just variance, which Dak has been very unlucky with. Would you call Matthew Stafford a fraud? Take away 2021, and he's 0-4 in playoff games. He was 0-3 until 2021, how do we know Dak's best isn't yet to come, this was his best regular season after all. Warren Moon was 3-7 in the playoffs and he's in the HOF.

There was a stretch in Tom Brady's career where he went 4-5. Peyton Manning was 3-6 before his 1st championship. Matt Ryan was 1-4 before his MVP 2016. Josh Allen probably played the best playoff football of any QB in history in the 2021 playoffs and lost.

My point being, yes Dak hasn't had playoff success, but playoff success is not a given for anyone. That's what I meant by the best of the best. I personally think Dallas is making the right decision running it back in 2024. If every team jettisoned their QB for laying an egg in the playoffs, a lot of HOFers would have never been, and a lot of future championships wouldn't have been won.

Marcus Mosher

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, and many more elite QBs would disagree with you.

You still a Dak believer?
In Fantasy. Yes.

think playoff performance sometimes gets over scrutinized. Dak didn't play well Sunday, and hasn't had the best playoff history, but I think its unfair to call him a fraud.

The key difference is that all of those players have had good to great games too. Dak hasn’t turned it on yet in many chances.
I’m still happy with him as my QB1 in SF but Dallas has to fix something big time.

Users who are viewing this thread