What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (4 Viewers)

After another playoff flop Cam might be correct on this one. For whatever reasons Dak just not perform well in the big post season games and has not been a difference maker in those games.

Not only is he not a difference maker, he is the author of their last two playoff exits.

Very true, put his team in a big hole early.

After another playoff flop Cam might be correct on this one. For whatever reasons Dak just not perform well in the big post season games and has not been a difference maker in those games.

Not only is he not a difference maker, he is the author of their last two playoff exits.

Not to mention him running a 15 second play with 14 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts the year before last. Bounced out of the playoffs ingloriously three years in a row now.

Not to mention him running a 15 second play with 14 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts the year before last. Bounced out of the playoffs ingloriously three years in a row now.
One of my favorite post game memes came from that :lmao:

And we thought Tony Romo wasn't clutch.....hold my beer indeed.

Romo wasn't clutch..neither is Dak. Lots of sizzle but no steak is not good for Texas.

The career arcs of Dak Prescott and Tony Romo have become so similar they have essentially become the same Dallas Cowboys quarterback. Each showed outstanding regular-season success but both have flopped in the playoffs.

They were teammates for one season, 2016, when the rookie Prescott took over after Romo suffered a preseason back injury. Prescott has held the job ever since.

They share a beloved underdog narrative: Romo as an undrafted free agent, Prescott as a fourth-round pick. They were selected for multiple Pro Bowls. They set team records. They used the power of their position with "America's Team" to become household names. Yet playoff success has evaded them.

But neither has come close to what Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman did by winning Super Bowls, which ties Prescott and Romo together even more.

Romo wasn't clutch..neither is Dak. Lots of sizzle but no steak is not good for Texas.

The career arcs of Dak Prescott and Tony Romo have become so similar they have essentially become the same Dallas Cowboys quarterback. Each showed outstanding regular-season success but both have flopped in the playoffs.

They were teammates for one season, 2016, when the rookie Prescott took over after Romo suffered a preseason back injury. Prescott has held the job ever since.

They share a beloved underdog narrative: Romo as an undrafted free agent, Prescott as a fourth-round pick. They were selected for multiple Pro Bowls. They set team records. They used the power of their position with "America's Team" to become household names. Yet playoff success has evaded them.

But neither has come close to what Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman did by winning Super Bowls, which ties Prescott and Romo together even more.

Romo and the Cowboys got completely screwed by the officiating in the playoff game against Green Bay. That was a catch for Dez Bryant. Romo's career looks much different with that call being made correctly. IMO.

Aikman and Staubach are the GOATs in Dallas.

Danny White was a better playoff QB than Romo or Dak. Time will tell if Dak can change that.

Romo and the Cowboys got completely screwed by the officiating in the playoff game against Green Bay. That was a catch for Dez Bryant. Romo's career looks much different with that call being made correctly. IMO.

Danny White was a better playoff QB than Romo or Dak. Time will tell if Dak can change that.
Not necessarily, because had that been called a catch and a touchdown, the game wasn't over. It would have been 27-26 with around 4 minutes left (with Dallas' 2-point conversion pending) and GB would have had 4 1/2 minutes left to go down and tie or win the game. And GB drove deep into Dallas territory and killed the rest of the clock, so no one can just assume Dallas wins if the Bryant play is called a catch.

Not necessarily, because had that been called a catch and a touchdown, the game wasn't over. It would have been 27-26 with around 4 minutes left (with Dallas' 2-point conversion pending) and GB would have had 4 1/2 minutes left to go down and tie or win the game. And GB drove deep into Dallas territory and killed the rest of the clock, so no one can just assume Dallas wins if the Bryant play is called a catch.

Don't ruin my dreams! ;)

Maybe. And maybe when the police say they are investigating the allegation we should at least start to pay attention. The attorneys for the accuser are being pretty vocal and acting somewhat confident. They have skin in the game if they are wrong it can be trouble not only for the accuser but also for the attorneys. They say the civil suit is imminent and criminal charges are not out of the question. It could be nothing but it also very well could be something. I dismissed the Cook/Watson cases and there was enough to pay attention in both. Lesson learned.

Don't speak for me. I was replied to, not you.

I want Dallas to move on from Dak and give Lance a shot. I've been consistent with this belief for 2 months now. It's their best path forward. The fact that Dak is now in trouble with JQ Law has nothing to do with my sentiment but it certainly doesn't hurt it.
I feel comfortable continuing to call this an overreaction

I want Dallas to move on from Dak and give Lance a shot. I've been consistent with this belief for 2 months now. It's their best path forward. The fact that Dak is now in trouble with JQ Law has nothing to do with my sentiment but it certainly doesn't hurt it.
People who have Lance in their dynasty leagues have been dying for years to justify what they paid for him, but anyone who has him now probably got him off the waiver wire. Most have already bailed. He’s free in several of my leagues as I type this.

Last edited:
At this point, I find it interesting that the accusers are pursuing criminal charges. How does one pursue that? You file a police report and then does the prosecutor decide to file charges or not? I assume that is the case. The accuser is also filing a counter-civil suit. Are they seeking criminal because of the statute of limitations in Texas? I was a bit confused when I read this but now maybe it makes sense why they would pursue criminal charges for sexual assault instead of civil.

In Texas, the criminal statute of limitations for rape and other sexual assault offenses that involve a victim who is 18 or older is 10 years after the day the offense took place. The civil statute of limitations for sex crimes against adults is 5 years after the date the offense occurred.

People who have Lance in their dynasty leagues have been dying for years to justify what they paid for him, but anyone who has him now probably got him off the waiver wire. Most have already bailed. He’s free in several my leagues as I type this.
I would think Cooper Rush would have something to say about who replaces Dak if injured or otherwise. Rush being 30 and Lance being like 23 though is something to think about.

Accuser's interview and lawyers from both sides interviews are available. Does that seem a bit odd? Her interview is over 18 minutes. Each lawyer's interview accuser and Dak's is about 10 minutes long. She can not file a civil suit due to the statute of limitations for a civil suit has expired so they have to pursue a criminal case. That of course will take a lot more evidence to have charges filed. Her legal team is pursuing criminal charges. They have filed a police report with Dallas PD. They are counter-suing Dak's Civil Case. Dak's attorney is saying he did not have sex with her at all. Her team is saying Dak and his attorney have admitted that he had sex with their client but it was consensual. His attorney denies that and is saying it was more of a make-out session.

Her team feels and sounds unfazed by Dak's suit. Her attorneys are also being sued by Dak. Her legal team still filed the police report and now it will be investigated by Dallas PD. It's an open investigation at this time. This seems beyond bizarre. They have to know that criminal charges have to be beyond a shadow of a doubt. I guess a prosecutor will decide now if there is enough to file charges. The aggressive nature of one of her attorneys also took me back he did not just say sexual assault he says rape a couple of times and uses Dak's name within the context of raping someone. Here is the interviews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfP4IlYHQCQ

I suppose the Dallas PD will put this to bed quickly or there will be more to come. This seems bizarre to me but also what makes lawyers knowing their practices are on the line and a suit filed against them so aggressive? Why do they think they can get criminal charges filed? They know he is not giving her the money now. Can he still settle the case? Is money still the goal now? Or are they defending themselves from Dak's suit? It feels they feel they are going to have their day and Dak's team feels confident as well.

Last edited:

People who have Lance in their dynasty leagues have been dying for years to justify what they paid for him, but anyone who has him now probably got him off the waiver wire. Most have already bailed. He’s free in several my leagues as I type this.
I would think Cooper Rush would have something to say about who replaces Dak if injured or otherwise. Rush being 30 and Lance being like 23 though is something to think about.

Right, Lance is 23. There are 2 QBs that are discussed as 1st rounders who are his age. Lance has 3 NFL seasons on them.

Dak is not the answer in Dallas. These legal wranglings notwithstanding he's not an elite QB.

Lance was drafted to be an elite QB, has only developed with 4 years under expert guidance and costs the Cowboys next to nothing.

He's the answer.

Right, Lance is 23. There are 2 QBs that are discussed as 1st rounders who are his age. Lance has 3 NFL seasons on them.

Dak is not the answer in Dallas. These legal wranglings notwithstanding he's not an elite QB.

Lance was drafted to be an elite QB, has only developed with 4 years under expert guidance and costs the Cowboys next to nothing.

He's the answer.
Lance needs experience. Lance needs to play somewhere. His issue is the lack of experience. He has not played much since high school. COVID robbed him in college. Injuries robbed him in the pros along with a lack of playing time. I don't think we can say we know Lance is special. Can he be? Sure he can. We need to see it though. I don't know if Dallas is ready to put him out there and certainly not over Dak. I can respect that you might not be a fan of Dak. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth either and I agree with you that Lance is a terrific prospect and may pan out as such in Dallas or elsewhere. If there are no issues from this legal fiasco Dak will be the QB for the Cowboys next season and most likely beyond.

I know many are not concerned about Dak's accuser's accusations but I'm a little concerned. It seems like legal suicide on the accuser's legal team and a big risk for the accuser. What in the world do they think they have for evidence to bring criminal charges?? But beyond that, Dak is the future unless he gets hurt or this legal thing blows up. I would be shocked to think they think Lance is the future. Though I would enjoy watching Lance get a shot somewhere.

He's the answer.
Still a truther, that is obvious. I admire your patience. For me, there are only so many roster spots and my patience for him has come and gone. Good luck with having him on your roster while the wait continues.

He's the answer.
Still a truther, that is obvious. I admire your patience. For me, there are only so many roster spots and my patience for him has come and gone. Good luck with having him on your roster while the wait continues.
Could be a long wait but he is only 23. That is pretty mind-boggling. I mean there are rookies older than Lance, right?

He's the answer.
Could be a long wait but he is only 23. That is pretty mind-boggling. I mean there are rookies older than Lance, right?

Kenny Pickett was, like, 45. So, yeah.

He's the answer.
Yeah but those rookies have more playing experience than Lance, right? He barely played college.

He's the answer.
Yeah but those rookies have more playing experience than Lance, right? He barely played college.
True. You are right. It does not mean Lance is bad or worse. Just means less experienced. He is still young and with youth, there is an opportunity to be good or bad. I would think however he does have some equalizing factors. One is being in NFL camps and being coached and mentored by NFL staff and even other QBs that he had been within NFL QB rooms. As mentioned by another poster that does count for something. Let's call it wisdom of how the NFL works. He still needs to play and find a way to get that opportunity. This needs to happen soon. Dallas is not picking up his 5th-year option without knowing what he is. There is only so much you can know from having him around and practicing with the scout team. along with camp and preseason. He needs real experience. I don't expect he is going to agree to be a backup after next season is over. The Cowboys need to decide on what Lance means to their future. I suspect they view him as a tradeable piece or a fallback for Dak. I think a trade now is in their best interest but as we have seen the market is awful for trading a prospective QB and Lance is much more unproven than Fields.

However, now with this legal case no matter how it is viewed the Cowboys are not stupid enough to part with Lance unless they view Cooper Rush as enough to protect them against injury to Dak or otherwise not to be mentioned suspension. And I agree that is not likely now but in my work, I have learned never to think you have seen it all because that is when you find out you have not seen it all.

It's really worse then just his lack of barely playing in college. On top of being very inexperienced he's rusty. From 2020 until now he's attempted 132 passes. Sure he's played in some preseason games and had some training camp but this guy has hardly played football since 2019. Watson still has not looked like his old self and he had plenty of experience, was proven, and was only out for 1.5 years.

Tough situation for Lance and he's faced with the oldest catch 22 in the books. Lack of experience prevents him from getting the work, the lack of work prevents him from getting experience. Add that to the layoff of hardly playing and I don't see how this changes for him. What coach is going to risk their job for that? Not the situation for a lot of on the job training. Might need to exit the NFL at some point and roam the spring leagues or start singing O' Canada for awhile.

It's really worse then just his lack of barely playing in college. On top of being very inexperienced he's rusty. From 2020 until now he's attempted 132 passes. Sure he's played in some preseason games and had some training camp but this guy has hardly played football since 2019. Watson still has not looked like his old self and he had plenty of experience, was proven, and was only out for 1.5 years.

Tough situation for Lance and he's faced with the oldest catch 22 in the books. Lack of experience prevents him from getting the work, the lack of work prevents him from getting experience. Add that to the layoff of hardly playing and I don't see how this changes for him. What coach is going to risk their job for that? Not the situation for a lot of on the job training. Might need to exit the NFL at some point and roam the spring leagues or start singing O' Canada for awhile.
Someone will give him a shot. I'm not worried about that. Even all that you have said I don't agree or disagree with you. He will be viewed as a backup prospect at worst. The Cowboys spent a 4th on him to bring him in. It only takes one team and there is more than one team that would bring him in and kick the tires as a backup. I think he still is well thought of as a young raw talent. He is a prospective player who is young. He also fits what scouts and gms like in today's NFL. He has the size and a cannon for an arm. He is mobile in and out of the pocket. Someone is going to want to see him as a project and at his cost can you blame them? In my opinion, he is a long way from stepping out of the league. Just on his age and draft pedigree alone no matter how bad the trade looks. Don't get it twisted. I see him as a prospective project and I don't see him replacing Dak Prescott or being on Dak's level.

I also think he is stuck in Dallas for the time being. He could be traded later when there is an injury elsewhere and depth might be needed. He could gain the Cowboys assets in that way for sure.

He's the answer.

Kenny Pickett was, like, 45.
Which means his hands won’t have a growth spurt ☹️

He's the answer.

Kenny Pickett was, like, 45.
Which means his hands won’t have a growth spurt ☹️

Look on the bright side: His arthritis is bound to kick in soon. That should gain a few millimeters with the calcification.

Jordan Love was rusty too......so was Aaron Rogers if we're discussing a lack of playing time before opportunity arrives.

Jordan Love was rusty too......so was Aaron Rogers if we're discussing a lack of playing time before opportunity arrives.
I don't think you are grasping how little Trey Lance played in college.

Also Jordan Love sat for better part of 2 seasons. Rodgers 3. Lance is up to 4 and counting.

Someone will give him a shot. I'm not worried about that. Even all that you have said I don't agree or disagree with you. He will be viewed as a backup prospect at worst. The Cowboys spent a 4th on him to bring him in. It only takes one team and there is more than one team that would bring him in and kick the tires as a backup. I think he still is well thought of as a young raw talent. He is a prospective player who is young. He also fits what scouts and gms like in today's NFL. He has the size and a cannon for an arm. He is mobile in and out of the pocket. Someone is going to want to see him as a project and at his cost can you blame them? In my opinion, he is a long way from stepping out of the league. Just on his age and draft pedigree alone no matter how bad the trade looks. Don't get it twisted. I see him as a prospective project and I don't see him replacing Dak Prescott or being on Dak's level.

I also think he is stuck in Dallas for the time being. He could be traded later when there is an injury elsewhere and depth might be needed. He could gain the Cowboys assets in that way for sure.

And herein lies my problem with Dak. His level? His level isn't good enough. His level is good against average to bad NFL teams and his level is not good when it comes to playoff football. It's not just a problem, it's a pattern. At 31, he is what he is.

And herein lies my problem with Dak. His level? His level isn't good enough. His level is good against average to bad NFL teams and his level is not good when it comes to playoff football. It's not just a problem, it's a pattern. At 31, he is what he is.
4500 / 36 / 9 is pretty good for fantasy. I couldn’t care less about anything else, especially from a guy who is my 3rd QB.

Also Jordan Love sat for better part of 2 seasons. Rodgers 3. Lance is up to 4 and counting.

Love sat out all of 2020, started once in '21 and threw 21 passes in '22. That's 3.

I know the knock on Lance re: college, I grasp it fine. It was enough for two guys' who's acumen is greater than mine and yours to not only draft Lance high but trade a BOATLOAD away for the opportunity to draft him. So you're telling me the coach and GM who have appeared in 2 out of the last 5 Super Bowls don't know what they're doing? It didn't work out, I get it, but I'm optimistic there is enough talent in this 23 year old kid to give him another shot.

Or we can just get our hopes up with Dak again.

4500 / 36 / 9 is pretty good for fantasy. I couldn’t care less about anything else, especially from a guy who is my 3rd QB.

Oh, he's fine for fantasy. My criticisms are on a different level - I care about the Cowboys winning real football games, but for fantasy? Sure, go with Dak. As long as they league doesn't deduct too much for INTs.

Love sat out all of 2020, started once in '21 and threw 21 passes in '22. That's 3.

I know the knock on Lance re: college, I grasp it fine. It was enough for two guys' who's acumen is greater than mine and yours to not only draft Lance high but trade a BOATLOAD away for the opportunity to draft him. So you're telling me the coach and GM who have appeared in 2 out of the last 5 Super Bowls don't know what they're doing? It didn't work out, I get it, but I'm optimistic there is enough talent in this 23 year old kid to give him another shot.

Or we can just get our hopes up with Dak again.
If they knew everything at the time they drafted him he would still be with the 49’rs. You have to know GMs fart all the time, even the best of them.

I know the knock on Lance re: college, I grasp it fine. It was enough for two guys' who's acumen is greater than mine and yours to not only draft Lance high but trade a BOATLOAD away for the opportunity to draft him.
And gave up on him last year.

They got a 4th rounder for him. They couldn't keep him. Purdy came along and Pipped him. I just don't see this situation as bleakly as others do for Lance. I think he has a chance to be a good NFL QB. I really believe that. He just needs another opportunity.

I know the knock on Lance re: college, I grasp it fine. It was enough for two guys' who's acumen is greater than mine and yours to not only draft Lance high but trade a BOATLOAD away for the opportunity to draft him.

They got a 4th rounder for him. They couldn't keep him. Purdy came along and Pipped him. I just don't see this situation as bleakly as others do for Lance. I think he has a chance to be a good NFL QB. I really believe that. He just needs another opportunity.
What do you base that on concretely?

I base it off of the fact that two of the most successful minds in the NFL were high enough on Lance to trade away major capital to take him high in the draft. They couldn't keep him once Purdy emerged. It was business decision. And they DID get a 4t rounder for him, so he wasn't discarded trash.

Before they traded Lance away, Shanahan made him the starter for the 2022 season. He made it two games before injury robbed him of the rest of the season.

And, ever the optimist, I like to look for the good in players. Take Lance's 2nd NFL start against Houston. 16 of 23 for 249 and 2 TD. He also ran for 31 yards. He also had 90 yards rushing against Arizona, but wasn't effective as a passer.

So I think there's some real talent here, I do. I'd just like to see him get a chance.

I base it off of the fact that two of the most successful minds in the NFL were high enough on Lance to trade away major capital to take him high in the draft. They couldn't keep him once Purdy emerged. It was business decision. And they DID get a 4t rounder for him, so he wasn't discarded trash.

Before they traded Lance away, Shanahan made him the starter for the 2022 season. He made it two games before injury robbed him of the rest of the season.

And, ever the optimist, I like to look for the good in players. Take Lance's 2nd NFL start against Houston. 16 of 23 for 249 and 2 TD. He also ran for 31 yards. He also had 90 yards rushing against Arizona, but wasn't effective as a passer.

So I think there's some real talent here, I do. I'd just like to see him get a chance.
That’s fine, but I already responded to the most successful minds post.

Oh, he's fine for fantasy. My criticisms are on a different level - I care about the Cowboys winning real football games, but for fantasy? Sure, go with Dak. As long as they league doesn't deduct too much for INTs.
The criticism for his INTs is greatly exaggerated. Favre was worse at it than he is. So was Warren Moon.

The criticism for his INTs is greatly exaggerated. Favre was worse at it than he is. So was Warren Moon.

His 3.7% INT rate in 2022 ranked 34th, below Davis Mills, Carson Wentz and Justin Fields, who I don't think anybody would confuse with Favre or Moon.
His INTs were a big reason the Cowboys prematurely exited the playoffs in 2022 and 2023 and his poor play overall helped author their 2021 exit as well. Sacked 5 times in that one, another issue that I suppose is greatly exaggerated.

Yeah and the 2022 regular season interceptions have been broken down in detail. Many of them weren't on Dak. So, I think GM exaggerates that problem a bit, but he's spot on about Dak in big games and the playoffs. He really is Romo and if the goal is the promised land, I just don't see it. Unfortunately, I'd rather have Grier and the 4th round pick back than Lance. He's a cautionary tale. Very fortunate to be a wildly athletic high school kid thrown in against inferior competition at a really really good ND St small school football program. I think the nfl is above his pay grade. Happy to be wrong if so.

Users who are viewing this thread