What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jared Goff, DET (3 Viewers)

I'd expect hooker to be plan b next year, with maybe a bottom of the barrel veteran as a third qb. Quality backup QBs aren't cheap, so they can get some cap savings there.

Plus, goffs lack of running puts him at lower risk of getting hurt.

You also have to have a reasonable plan B in the wings. Some would choose Hooker, a 2nd year rookie who has never been through a training camp much less thrown a pass in the NFL. I hope he turns out great, but I have nothing concrete to base that on. Is that a plan B?
I doubt Hooker is plan B yet. Not saying he won’t be eventually.
It will be interesting if they sign another backup like they did with Bridgewater. If they don't that means he's the guy if Goff gets injured.
I doubt Hooker is remotely ready to be an NFL QB.

I'd expect hooker to be plan b next year, with maybe a bottom of the barrel veteran as a third qb. Quality backup QBs aren't cheap, so they can get some cap savings there.

I agree and disagree - sure he might take less hits (lots of running qbs are great at sliding or getting out of bounds) but he's also a statue so he is ripe to take a hit right square in the back. He's going to get run over like a freight train because of his lack of movement

I agree and disagree - sure he might take less hits (lots of running qbs are great at sliding or getting out of bounds) but he's also a statue so he is ripe to take a hit right square in the back. He's going to get run over like a freight train because of his lack of movement
Invest in pass protection? Manning and Brady weren’t mobile. Neither is Herbert. Some of you act like there’s only one way to skin a cat.

You also have to have a reasonable plan B in the wings. Some would choose Hooker, a 2nd year rookie who has never been through a training camp much less thrown a pass in the NFL. I hope he turns out great, but I have nothing concrete to base that on. Is that a plan B?
I doubt Hooker is plan B yet. Not saying he won’t be eventually.
It will be interesting if they sign another backup like they did with Bridgewater. If they don't that means he's the guy if Goff gets injured.
I doubt Hooker is remotely ready to be an NFL QB.

Hooker is very mature and will know the playbook and I am sure will work hard in the off season. He may not have run the pro-style offense at the college level, but his mobility gives him a huge advantage. He has a strong-arm and is an accurate passer. We have seen college QBs rapidly develop into pro QBs in recent years, so I expect him to be ready for a backup role. He should see a ton of action in camp and in the pre-season.

Invest in pass protection? Manning and Brady weren’t mobile. Neither is Herbert. Some of you act like there’s only one way to skin a cat.

I actually think Herbert is mobile compared to Goff

And I think the game is a little different now than at the peak of manning/brady. Brady was just a stud at not taking hits though...

But you are right...you have to protect him more for sure

We act like 2021 is ancient history and the game evolved so much since then. A mobile QB with an accurate arm is awesome. But a great OL and running game can compensate for that. Certainly the QB is the most important position, but there are 21 other starters that all play a role in building a championship team.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.
54/147 in 2022, 52/228 in 2023 doesn’t scream super mobile to me.

Arm and brain are still the two most important assets for QBs, with legs a distant third. It’s when you have a QB that has all 3 is when they are special, like Mahomes and Allen.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

Arm and brain are still the two most important assets for QBs, with legs a distant third. It’s when you have a QB that has all 3 is when they are special, like Mahomes and Allen.
I wouldn't say he's SUPER mobile, but dude can pick 'em up and put 'em down. He's a guy who's plenty athletic enough to win a title with.

Times are a changin'. Brady was the last of an era. Lots of reasons why the game has shifted to more athletic QBs.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

I wouldn't say he's SUPER mobile, but dude can pick 'em up & put 'em down. He's a guy who's plenty athletic enough to win a title with.

Times are a changin'. Brady was the last of an era. Lots of reasons why the game has shifted to more athletic QBs.
Like I said, arm and brain are still the two most important assets for a QB, with legs a distant third. It’s hard to have all three, That’s what makes a few QBs special.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

I wouldn't say he's SUPER mobile, but dude can pick 'em up & put 'em down. He's a guy who's plenty athletic enough to win a title with.

Like I said, arm and brain are still the two most important assets for a QB, with legs a distant third. It’s hard to have all three, That’s what makes a few QBs special.
There's a reason why the top QBs in the league have athletic traits. Like I said, Brady was the last of an era.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

There's a reason why the top QBs in the league have athletic traits. Like I said, Brady was the last of an era.
I disagree that Brady is last of an era. A big arm QB that can read defenses and has a quick release are still more desirable than a QB who’s primary asset is running, but lacks accuracy and QB abilities to read defenses. You act as if having all 3 traits is easy and is the norm.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

I disagree that Brady is last of an era. A big arm QB that can read defenses and has a quick release are still more desirable than a QB who’s primary asset is running, but lacks accuracy and QB abilities to read defenses. You act as if having all 3 traits is easy and is the norm.
It's definitely not the norm, thus, why the QB position is more important than ever.

I'll take the smart, big-armed QB with the quick release if he's athletic enough to thrive in today's NFL. If not, good luck. Those types of QBs are starting to disappear even in the college game. Not too long ago it was the norm. In fact, I'd be shocked if a pure pocket passer is drafted high anytime in the near future. Drake Maye is the closest to that description right now, but he's a very good athlete.

Last edited:

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

It's definitely not the norm, thus, why the QB position is more important than ever.

I'll take the smart, big-armed QB with the quick release if he's athletic enough to thrive in today's NFL. If not, good luck. Those types of QBs are starting to disappear even in the college game. Not too long ago that type was the norm. In fact, I'd be shocked if one was drafted high anytime in the near future. Drake Maye is the closest to that description right now, but he's a very good athlete.
Good luck hitting on all 3 traits. That’s why Mahomes and Allen are special. That will most likely never be the norm.

Here's what I declare to be absolute nonsense, although I agree with you, Goff's cap hit isn't going to be less than before. He's not going to fall somewhere between 16th & 10th. Delusional stuff. I suppose they could structure whatever they give him to take the hit(s) later.
Everyone structures contracts to take the hit later. In 2023 there were 12 QBs in the league with an AAV of over $40M and zero with a cap hit of over $40M.

QB salary data

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

I'll take the smart, big-armed QB with the quick release if he's athletic enough to thrive in today's NFL. If not, good luck. Those types of QBs are starting to disappear even in the college game. Not too long ago that type was the norm. In fact, I'd be shocked if one was drafted high anytime in the near future. Drake Maye is the closest to that description right now, but he's a very good athlete.
Good luck hitting on all 3 traits. That’s why Mahomes and Allen are special. That will most likely never be the norm.
You don't need Mahomes or Allen to win a title (as much as it would help). The next tier down will work. Getting the right TYPE of QB is plenty attainable. It just comes down to drafting the right guy.

Lions have done a great job of that with Decker and Sewell at tackle. The whole offense is built to maximize Goff's strengths and minimize his mobility weakness.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

You don't need Mahomes or Allen to win a title (as much as it would help). The next tier down will work. Getting the right TYPE of QB is plenty attainable. It just comes down to drafting the right guy.
Yes, that we can agree on and has been proven already.

They are not paying Goff $55 million. Goff's salary was only $27 million with a $31 million cap hit. Despite the modest QB salary it was one of the larger cap hits due to the structure of the contract. The Lions still have $60 million despite Goff's cap hit. The Lions can afford to give Goff a raise and structure it so it is a smaller cap hit and increase the $60 million cap space.
I like everything you wrote & the certainty level of my own position, no idea! I went back to check & the Vikings actually did sign Cousins after his career or big year. But only for one year & for $35M. The leverage he's now attempting to exert is based upon, not his own performance, but rather what they got in his absence. Mind you, he's on their books for nearly $30M next year ('24) whether he's there or not!

Not where you'd have the Lions go? No offense, but I need some convincing. Maybe you're right, but I'm not so sure saying that the Lions have plenty of cap space & yet, Goff won't be the highest paid player actually resinates. What if I came back some & said: among the highest paid? The year they had, the year Goff statistically had, the organization publicly behind him, plenty of cap space & they're going to sign him something lite... ish? Good luck with that.

At any point any player could take a massive hit and get hurt. That's the game but I as for Goff, I don't think I have ever seen him take a big hit. He's so non-mobile but he knows it and is very good about either getting rid of the ball or just giving himself up.

At any point any player could take a massive hit and get hurt. That's the game but I as for Goff, I don't think I have ever seen him take a big hit. He's so non-mobile but he knows it and is very good about either getting rid of the ball or just giving himself up.

He's a liability in today's game in the end

I think liability is going way too far. Zach Wilson is a liability. Derek Carr and Sam Howell are liabilities. Goff was a significant contributing factor to a team that was a hair away from going to the Super Bowl. He’s not elite. He may not be good enough to finally win the big one but he’s not a liability.

Too much is being made of “today’s NFL”. From my perspective running QBs get hurt often. Maybe too much when they try to do too much with their legs and certainly those that don’t know how to slide. I would rather draft a QB that is accurate and knows how to read a defense and has a quick release, then draft pass protection. Better yet, draft the protection first.

I think liability is going way too far. Zach Wilson is a liability. Derek Carr and Sam Howell are liabilities. Goff was a significant contributing factor to a team that was a hair away from going to the Super Bowl. He’s not elite. He may not be good enough to finally win the big one but he’s not a liability.

Probably true. He's a little like Purdy with no running ability. I think in the right system, in the right situation, he can do some good things.

Probably true. He's a little like Purdy with no running ability. I think in the right system, in the right situation, he can do some good things.
Really going out on a limb since, you know, we just saw him do good things all season including in the playoffs.

Really going out on a limb since, you know, we just saw him do good things all season including in the playoffs.

We will see how he does next year. That was a cupcake schedule this year for the lions including the playoffs

Who are these mobile QBs that are winning Super Bowls?

Other than Mahomes I can't think of any in the last 20 years. Unless you count someone like Big Ben, A Rod, or Eli "mobile". I am sure there are plenty that are just slipping my mind. Maybe Wilson?

Mahomes
Stafford
Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
Manning, P
Brady
Wilson
Flacco
Manning, E
Rodgers
Brees
Big Ben
Manning, E
Manning, P
Big Ben
Brady
Brady

Seems like accuracy, defense, coaching, and rushing are more likely to win a Super Bowl than a QB who is mobile.

Mobile QBs are fantasy gold but they don't seem to have an impact on an NFL team's ability to win a ring.

We will see how he does next year. That was a cupcake schedule this year for the lions including the playoffs
His numbers in 2022 weren’t very different. He also had some big years with the Rams so he’s not exactly a one hit wonder.

His numbers in 2022 weren’t very different. He also had some big years with the Rams so he’s not exactly a one hit wonder.

I'm not saying he is. He is a guy that in the right system, against the right teams, when he doesn't get hit too much, can be an alright qb. Like i said all the language around Purdy applies to Goff

Too much is being made of “today’s NFL”. From my perspective running QBs get hurt often. Maybe too much when they try to do too much with their legs and certainly those that don’t know how to slide. I would rather draft a QB that is accurate and knows how to read a defense and has a quick release
Since everyone seems to concede that Goff is not at all mobile, it is interesting to note the fact that of the 37 games the Lions have played the last 2 years, Goff has started all 37.

Nobody said you had to be be a great runner, LOL. It’s not like it’s rocket science.

Goff is simply a good example of a QB who has too much going against him to be a serious long-term QB for a team looking to take advantage of a window in the current NFL landscape.

Who are these mobile QBs that are winning Super Bowls?

Other than Mahomes I can't think of any in the last 20 years. Unless you count someone like Big Ben, A Rod, or Eli "mobile". I am sure there are plenty that are just slipping my mind. Maybe Wilson?

Mahomes
Stafford
Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
Manning, P
Brady
Wilson
Flacco
Manning, E
Rodgers
Brees
Big Ben
Manning, E
Manning, P
Big Ben
Brady
Brady

Seems like accuracy, defense, coaching, and rushing are more likely to win a Super Bowl than a QB who is mobile.
I see a lot of the same names, a category of QBs I wouldn't compare Goff to. Aaron Rodgers is obviously a player you're not very familiar with. Jalen Hurts isn't the reason Philly lost to KC. Wilson lost a SB, Rodgers was in a number of championship games. As has Mahomes, something, right, 6th straight AFCC game. A player like Ben, not a threat to run but a cannon of an arm. Great at waving the ball around in the backfield, his pump fakes were very convincing.

But geez, Nick Foles is on that list. Okay, so let's just concede that the Lions have a good enough QB. But, what if for Goff he has to repeatedly extend the play? I know he's coming off a career year, but I don't think his placement is anything special. Perhaps there's evidence to the contrary, and/or we see a guy capable of more? The 'niners, no, they did NOT beat the Lions, no way. As at least one other has already said, there were X number plays Detroit simply didn't finish.

Again, especially with the return of Ben Johnson AND an extension like was suggested above, 2 yrs, $40M per. Hope I'm wrong, but I think that's a pipe-dream. Detroit, I'm sorry, but I think you're looking @4yrs & ..... in excess of $200M. Then, seemingly limited to address other needs, what side of the ball do they focus on? I don't know but wouldn't they feel pressured to justify a huge move like that? I think every other meaningful move will be on offense.

We will probably find out soon enough on Goff's salary. I would guess they are already talking about it. I really don't see Goff having the kind of leverage to get a $50 million contract. Detroit already has him on contract for $33.5 million next season. It would be perfectly reasonable for Goff to accept a 4-year $160 million contract, which is exactly what Stafford and Dak Prescott make. Allen and Mahomes make $43 and $45 million. Just because there are a few bad contracts above that level, does not mean the Lions have to or will pay it. Brad Holmes is not paying over $50 million for Goff.

And the Lions will be not be making all their meaningful moves offense. They are completely set at RB1 and RB2. They are completely set at their tackles and center. They are completely set at WR1 and WR2 and will probably resign Reynolds and have Raymond for WR3 and WR4. They are completely set at TE1 and TE2. They will resign at least one guard. That leaves only one guard on offense to worry about.

Defense is where most of the meaningful moves will occur, with CB1 being the highest priority.

Last edited:
We will probably find out soon enough on Goff's salary. I would guess they are already talking about it. I really don't see Goff having the kind of leverage to get a $50 million contract. Detroit already has him on contract for $33.5 million next season. It would be perfectly reasonable for Goff to accept a 4-year $160 million contract, which is exactly what Stafford and Dak Prescott make. Allen and Mahomes make $43 and $45 million. Just because there are a few bad contracts above that level, does not mean the Lions have to or will pay it. Brad Holmes is not paying over $50 million for Goff.

And the Lions will be not be making all their meaningful moves offense. They are completely set at RB1 and RB2. They are completely set at their tackles and center. They are completely set at WR1 and WR2 and will probably resign Reynolds and have Raymond for WR3 and WR4. They are completely set at TE1 and TE2. They will resign at least one guard. That leaves only one guard on offense to worry about. Defense is where most of the meaningful moves will occur, with CB1 being the highest priority.
Just to clarify, totally agree with what they should do. However, when you say Holmes isn't paying Goff over $50M, what do you mean exactly? You mean to say that there'll be this figure & when divided by the number of years in length, it won't avg more than $50M per. Am I right? Thing there, just like now, the last year or more will likely be voidable. I've forgotten, oh god, I'm not sure I ever knew, but when teams do these extensions, they don't run two contracts for any one player, the last year of his current deal will be waived. So, that's out right? Except for that $5M dead cap figure.

Now, this current deal he signed way back in 2019. Okay, so '19, 2020, 21, 22 & 23. At the time he signed, they handed him $57M. Six years later his signing bonus is going to be what? Pretty certain they're going to dump at least $75M into his lap when he signs. But again, while that up front avg may appear to be the case, the back end of it, no. I also agree on how to best allocate the resources they'll have. Again, could be totally wrong but I think OL, Backup QB, WR, those will be priorities. They've been turning over early-down ball carriers, I can see them drafting one.

They've been turning over early-down ball carriers, I can see them drafting one.

With due respect, I don't see this at all. I've been wrong before, but Monty and Gibbs seem pretty set as 1-2 and anything supplemental they need they'll probably sign off of practice squads. They already have Reynolds, if I'm not mistaken. That's 3RBs right there with Jermar Jefferson still kicking around and another guy whose name I can't recall. I doubt they draft anybody with a valuable draft pick (unless it's really late in the draft).

And the Lions will be not be making all their meaningful moves offense. They are completely set at RB1 and RB2. They are completely set at their tackles and center. They are completely set at WR1 and WR2 and will probably resign Reynolds and have Raymond for WR3 and WR4. They are completely set at TE1 and TE2. They will resign at least one guard. That leaves only one guard on offense to worry about. Defense is where most of the meaningful moves will occur, with CB1 being the highest priority.
Just to clarify, totally agree with what they should do. However, when you say Holmes isn't paying Goff over $50M, what do you mean exactly? You mean to say that there'll be this figure & when divided by the number of years in length, it won't avg more than $50M per. Am I right? Thing there, just like now, the last year or more will likely be voidable. I've forgotten, oh god, I'm not sure I ever knew, but when teams do these extensions, they don't run two contracts for any one player, the last year of his current deal will be waived. So, that's out right? Except for that $5M dead cap figure.

Now, this current deal he signed way back in 2019. Okay, so '19, 2020, 21, 22 & 23. At the time he signed, they handed him $57M. Six years later his signing bonus is going to be what? Pretty certain they're going to dump at least $75M into his lap when he signs. But again, while that up front avg may appear to be the case, the back end of it, no. I also agree on how to best allocate the resources they'll have. Again, could be totally wrong but I think OL, Backup QB, WR, those will be priorities. They've been turning over early-down ball carriers, I can see them drafting one.

I thought I was pretty clear. They would pay him 4 years, $160 million. They may have upfront signing bonus dollars. They may add voidable years to lower the yearly cap hit. But he will average $40 million to play the next 4 years. When he gets it depends what kind of cap hit they want.

Only Allen and Goff played all 17 games in both 2022 and 2023. Tua and Goff were 2 of I think 9 QBs to play all 17 games in 2023. How many games did Brees miss?

Yes, non-mobile QBs who make quick decisions and have quick releases can have long careers. Good olines obviously help and DET has one, while Miami's was bottom 10 in pass blocking, partly due to injuries, which is why i think Tua can improve. Give him Rangow over Eichenberg and his stats go up a tier vs good teams.

They've been turning over early-down ball carriers, I can see them drafting one.

With due respect, I don't see this at all. I've been wrong before, but Monty and Gibbs seem pretty set as 1-2 and anything supplemental they need they'll probably sign off of practice squads. They already have Reynolds, if I'm not mistaken. That's 3RBs right there with Jermar Jefferson still kicking around and another guy whose name I can't recall. I doubt they draft anybody with a valuable draft pick (unless it's really late in the draft).

They turned over Swift because he absolutely did not fit into their culture. They signed Monty because Jammaal Williams was testing the FA market which opened up an opportunity to upgrade. Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes loves their guys and are not looking for an RB in the draft or FA. The Lions RB duo is set for the next two years, with Gibbs set for another 4 years. The position of RB is arguably the position of least need for the Lions.

Last edited:

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

And legs are the asset that goes away first,

I thought I was pretty clear. They would pay him 4 years, $160 million. They may have upfront signing bonus dollars. They may add voidable years to lower the yearly cap hit. But he will average $40 million to play the next 4 years. When he gets it depends what kind of cap hit they want.
Thanks for clarifying, although here when you say there "may" be a signing bonus & voidable year(s).. I consider those certainties. Let's see, he got $57M back when & he's a better pre & post-snap reader now. I think I could use some help with the math. If he's only getting $160M & gets half of that when he signs, how's that work? His annual salary, particularly in year 4 from now, is going to be considerably less than what it is now? Um, would you like to see my fuq'n shocked look? This ain't happenin'. I'm accepting of someone else doing the numbers, but that right there... that just does not add up.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

Folks musta missed the 2019 Rose Bowl, lol.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

Also the 100+ body shots a running qb gets every year add up.

Last edited:

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

Rodgers moved around very well well into his late 30s...we aren't talking LJ movement here

Goff is an old school statue

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

Rodgers moved around very well well into his late 30s...we aren't talking LJ movement here

Goff is an old school statue
A pretty decent statue at that.

Herbert isn't mobile?

That's an odd take.

Yeah, I mean, at some point, players get old. Once that looks like it’s going to be an issue, you need to have a plan.

ARod is how old? He still moves around good, can scramble/run, and play off-schedule.

Some guys can’t.

Thanks for clarifying, although here when you say there "may" be a signing bonus & voidable year(s).. I consider those certainties. Let's see, he got $57M back when & he's a better pre & post-snap reader now. I think I could use some help with the math. If he's only getting $160M & gets half of that when he signs, how's that work? His annual salary, particularly in year 4 from now, is going to be considerably less than what it is now? Um, would you like to see my fuq'n shocked look? This ain't happenin'. I'm accepting of someone else doing the numbers, but that right there... that just does not add up.
You’re confusing a signing bonus and the contract terms. Goff signing for 4/160 is very realistic with 80M fully guaranteed and whatever they want to make his sign on bonus for cap purposes.

In Goff’s recent contract, he had 57M FG but his sign on bonus was around 25M.

You’re confusing a signing bonus and the contract terms. Goff signing for 4/160 is very realistic with 80M fully guaranteed and whatever they want to make his sign on bonus for cap purposes. In Goff’s recent contract, he had 57M FG but his sign on bonus was around 25M.
I can see how you may have thought that. I knew the $57M wasn't only a signing bonus. However, I was citing overthecap.com & that figure was an estimate on their part & never updated. I also didn't know that it didn't take effect until 2021. About a week ago foxsports.com reported this about that extension: "That contract included a then-NFL-record $110 million in guaranteed money."

Here I'm repeating myself for probably the 3rd time, I know Jon's estimate is realistic but I just don't think the team is going to roll conservative with this one. This new deal is going to be in excess of $200M & my estimate of $75-80M up front is obviously way too low. Or, worded differently, if that $110M FG is what occurred, then obviously this next one will be considerably higher. That same article from foxsports.com also says this: "Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow have all signed record-setting deals in the past 12 months, with each set to earn more than $50 million in yearly salary over the next few seasons."

Previous signings can impact a player's current deal, but there's a lot of other variables that a team may consider. All of which are aligning favorably for Jared Goff. That said, I retract from the position that making Goff the highest paid player or among them is bad management. I don't know that, my fear was that they'd end up in a situation similar to Minnesota. So, the debate is over, only question now is how much more than $200M. :) This of course is assuming a 4-year deal. As such, my guess is $225M, with about $150M up front.

Last edited:
You’re confusing a signing bonus and the contract terms. Goff signing for 4/160 is very realistic with 80M fully guaranteed and whatever they want to make his sign on bonus for cap purposes. In Goff’s recent contract, he had 57M FG but his sign on bonus was around 25M.
I can see how you may have thought that. I knew the $57M wasn't only a signing bonus. However, I was citing overthecap.com & that figure was an estimate on their part & never updated. I also didn't know that it didn't take effect until 2021. About a week ago foxsports.com reported this about that extension: "That contract included a then-NFL-record $110 million in guaranteed money."

Here I'm repeating myself for probably the 3rd time, I know Jon's estimate is realistic but I just don't think the team is going to roll conservative with this one. This new deal is going to be in excess of $200M & my estimate of $75-80M up front is obviously way too low. Or, worded differently, if that $110M FG is what occurred, then obviously this next one will be considerably higher. That same article from foxsports.com also says this: "Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow have all signed record-setting deals in the past 12 months, with each set to earn more than $50 million in yearly salary over the next few seasons."

Previous signings can impact a player's current deal, but there's a lot of other variables that a team may consider. All of which are aligning favorably for Jared Goff. That said, I retract from the position that making Goff the highest paid player or among them is bad management. I don't know that, my fear was that they'd end up in a situation similar to Minnesota. So, the debate is over, only question now is how much more than $200M. :) This of course is assuming a 4-year deal. As such, my guess is $225M, with about $150M up front.
Man, that would be a massive overpay for Goff. But the Lions don’t really have a choice — which is why it will happen to your point (or someone else’s, I can’t keep track).

Users who are viewing this thread