What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Flacco, IND (2 Viewers)

Jets beat writer Connor Hughes reports Joe Flacco is expected to start in the Jets' Week 3 matchup against the Bengals.​

Hughes notes that Zach Wilson is progressing well in his recovery, but that the Jets, "will not play him until he's 110%." Through two games, Flacco has thrown for 616 yards, five touchdowns and one interception while completing 61.2% of his passes. After leading a comeback win in Week 2 against the Browns, he will look to unseat the Bengals in Week 3 to push the Jets to 2-1 to start the season. Negative game scripts have allowed Flacco to throw 103 times through the first two games. Despite this, he's nothing more than a desperation play against the Bengals.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Connor Hughes on Twitter
Sep 19, 2022, 3:04 PM ET

Joe Flacco completed 28-of-52 passes for no touchdowns and two interceptions in the Jets' 27-12, Week 3 loss against the Bengals.

Flacco may be running on fumes after a great game in Week 2. Flacco quickly came back down to earth against a Bengals' team hungry for a win. He faced constant pressure and made bad decisions while being flustered in the pocket all game. It got to the point where the broadcast started referencing Mike White. With Zach Wilson nearing a return, we may have seen the last of Flacco for now.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Working out with the Browns today. Possibly relevant for those, like me, desperate in SF leagues.
I am curious if the Bengals might also have some interest. Wouldn't that be something if we saw a 2023 bidding war for Joe Flacco?
First thing I thought of when he worked out for them today but wasn't expected to sign today. I thought maybe Flacco was gonna leverage a bit here with Burrows injury. If that's the case and I have no idea, that's smart.

Joe Flacco will start for the Browns in Week 13 against the Rams.
Flacco was named the backup over P.J. Walker earlier this week. Knowing Dorian Thompson-Robinson was unlikely to play due to a concussion, head coach Kevin Stefanski was functionally naming Flacco the team’s Week 13 starter. As expected, DTR was ruled out on Friday, paving the way for Flacco to make his debut as a member of the Browns. At 38 years old, it’s fair to wonder how much Flacco has left in the tank. On the other hand, Cleveland’s tandem of Walker and Thompson-Robinson has created one of the worst offensive environments in the NFL. Even a modest improvement via Flacco will go a long way. The move will keep Amari Cooper in the WR3 conversation while giving Elijah Moore some FLEX potential versus the Rams.

despite his late game INT, Flacco was pretty good in this one. I dont think the team would have remained competitive with either of the other Browns QB were they able to play.

With Flacco the team at least had a shot at winning late in the game. If the kicker wouldnt have botched the extra point on what looked like the game tying TD this game might have went down differently.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Joe Flacco is expected to start in Week 14 against the Jaguars.

Flacco was elevated from the practice squad on Saturday. With P.J. Walker waived over the weekend, Flacco will be signed to the team’s active roster soon. Flacco drew the start in Week 13 and threw for 254 yards, two scores, and an interception. While that stat line wouldn’t normally be much to write home about, it was one of the best outings for a Cleveland quarterback this season. Flacco isn’t setting the league ablaze at 38 years old, but he does give the Browns’ offense a spark it hasn’t had outside of two good performances from the now-injured Deshaun Watson. Flacco will keep Amari Cooper in the WR2 ranks for Week 14 while giving Elijah Moore WR3 aspirations versus a middling Jacksonville defense.

I mean the value of a win given the salary cap has to be quantifiable somehow.

Oh, Brian Burke did it for me. 13.7 million dollars

NFL Rookie Watch
Joe Flacco now has the same amount of 300-yard passing games this season (3) as Jalen Hurts, Justin Herbert, and Joe Burrow.

More 300-yard passing games this season than Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield, and Jordan Love.

And more than Deshaun Watson has in the past three YEARS.

Flacco just came off the COUCH four weeks ago.

The Browns are starting to look really dumb for trading for Deshaun Watson

NFL Rookie Watch
Joe Flacco now has the same amount of 300-yard passing games this season (3) as Jalen Hurts, Justin Herbert, and Joe Burrow.

More 300-yard passing games this season than Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield, and Jordan Love.

And more than Deshaun Watson has in the past three YEARS.

Flacco just came off the COUCH four weeks ago.

The Browns are starting to look really dumb for trading for Deshaun Watson
Starting?

Meme I saw earlier:

Cleveland traded all those picks and gave a fully guaranteed $230 million contract to a sexual predator just to have 38 year old Joe Flacco come off his couch and be the best QB the team has seen in 25 years.

:lol:
Spot on... Funny.. Good luck to SF tonight

it is shaping up like two of the AFC wild card teams are going to be a TOUGH first round draw. I wouldn’t want to play the Browns Wild card weekend.

Still can't figure out how the Jets continued to roll out the garbage QBs they did when Flacco was available to them and they had experience with him
its the Jets. this shouldnt surprise you.
there likely is another factor..... with Rodgers salary they may not actually have the cap space

Can't deny that Flacco is gulping from the fountain of youth and his playing his best football ever, even when he won the SB. Some of the yardage is inflated on mis-coverages, tackles, etc. but that happens to all QB's. Even yesterday, he had to thrown on 4th down due to Hopkins being injured which added to his totals.

Against the Jets next week, this will be the real test. Only one QB has thrown for 3 TD's against them this year and I don't think they have given up a 300 yard passer.

I think this will be low scoring game that CLE wins. Flacco may have at stat line of 225 yards and a TD. If he goes off, we will all be searching for that fountain.

Kudos to him and imo he looks better than he has in years.
This is going to cost us fans for at least a decade. GMs are going to be putting new tread on the retreads now. Cmon Rex Grossman, the 18th time's the charm. Rosen, you in? Dilfer coming out of retirement...ugh I just know somehow this will hurt us

This is going to cost us fans for at least a decade. GMs are going to be putting new tread on the retreads now. Cmon Rex Grossman, the 18th time's the charm. Rosen, you in? Dilfer coming out of retirement...ugh I just know somehow this will hurt us
I'd rather see a "retread" like Flacco playing QB than many of the other garbage backup QBs that were thrown out there this year. If those are my other choices give me Joe Flacco any Sunday

I'd rather see a "retread" like Flacco playing QB than many of the other garbage backup QBs that were thrown out there this year. If those are my other choices give me Joe Flacco any Sunday
If we were told a recently retired QB would come back and succeed like this, not many would have thought it would be Joe.

Reactions: Bri
it is shaping up like two of the AFC wild card teams are going to be a TOUGH first round draw. I wouldn’t want to play the Browns Wild card weekend.
If they play in Jacksonville it won’t be close.
I think it will. The Browns have road wins vs Minshew, Keenum, and Lamar (thanks Watson) and losses to Geno, Stafford, Wilson, and Pickett (thanks Watson). This defense is dominant at home, which is why I'm not worried about Flacco coming back to earth this week, but it's not travelled nearly as well. I'm encouraged that this team seems to be peaking/gelling at the right time, but if Lawrence is anywhere near 100% we'll have our hands full.

What will Flacco do this week against the Jets?
Struggle. He was able to torch the Texans because they had no pass rush - Will Anderson was out and Jonathan Greenard was lost for the game on the first drive. Houston has no other threats on their DL, so they weren't able to attack the battered and bruised Browns OL. That's not the case with the Jets.

Stefanski may be the best in the league with the opening script and that will be the key in this game. Get the early lead then shift conservative and don't put Flacco in a position to keep the Jets in the game, relying on the defense to make a play or two and scuffle to a ~23-13ish win. I wonder if he can pick up on a tendency for a screen as a blitz beater (Stefanski specialty) or a PA bomb off motion to get Coop matched up with Carter or one of the safeties. Given the issues with the run game it'll take chunk plays for the offense to do anything and there aren't (any?) mismatches to exploit in the passing game, so it's all on scheme. I just hope he doesn't get too cute (another Stefanski specialty).

Users who are viewing this thread