What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (1 Viewer)

Weather forecast continues to look horrible.

And Jackson isn't getting it done in good weather. If this forecast persists, it's going to be run, run, run.

May pick up J. Dobbs as a break glass in case of emergency backup. Good weather in LV, LV can't rush the passer, JJeff back.

I watched weather reports today and I can't tell if this huge storm hits at game time or after. Hearing a lot about Sunday night into Monday. But it sounds really ugly for the passing game and kickers. Lots of Jackson, Edwards and Williams on the ground

And Jackson isn't getting it done in good weather. If this forecast persists, it's going to be run, run, run.

May pick up J. Dobbs as a break glass in case of emergency backup. Good weather in LV, LV can't rush the passer, JJeff back.

Part of run, run, run is Jackson's game Sir.

Part of run, run, run is Jackson's game Sir.
I'd think the Gus Bus is more of a mudder than Lamar though.

Lamar is good. The problem is way to many games they can sit on the running game and defense to grind it out.
Don't think that's going to be the case moving forward.

@Jax
@SF
Miami

All those teams can move the ball.

I'm optimistic.

Not even too afraid of SF. Drew Lock seemed to move the ball decently enough yesterday. JAX secondary is terrible. Balt vs. Miami could be a scorcher.

Lamar is good. The problem is way to many games they can sit on the running game and defense to grind it out.
Don't think that's going to be the case moving forward.

@Jax
@SF
Miami

All those teams can move the ball.

I'm optimistic.

Not even too afraid of SF. Drew Lock seemed to move the ball decently enough yesterday. JAX secondary is terrible. Balt vs. Miami could be a scorcher.
Agreed buddy.

How's everyone feeling about the week 16 matchup @SF?

High O/U.

The good news is that SF offense will put the pressure on BALT to keep pumping out points.

Could see a couple turnovers, but hoping a frenzied pace leads to more rushing and passing yardage.

No other options and wouldn't consider benching him, but tempering expecations.

High O/U.

The good news is that SF offense will put the pressure on BALT to keep pumping out points.

Could see a couple turnovers, but hoping a frenzied pace leads to more rushing and passing yardage.

Yes, it's a bad matchup.

But a really fun game to watch

High O/U.

Yes, it's a bad matchup.

But a really fun game to watch
I just don't think it a bad matchup. A bad matchup is when they are winning the entire game a sit back on running game and defense. Brutal to watch. Niners are gonna score. So Lamar will have to score points on board. I like actually.

Didn't watch so stand to be corrected, but looking at the stats and general gameflow on nfl site, it seems like he did almost nothing until like mid-third quarter and it was heading for another of those pathetic fantasy stat-lines with Gus getting the goal-line love. Then couple of ints from Niners turned into a couple of tds and it looks rosy. Seems like "MVP performance" is a bit much?

Didn't watch so stand to be corrected, but looking at the stats and general gameflow on nfl site, it seems like he did almost nothing until like mid-third quarter and it was heading for another of those pathetic fantasy stat-lines with Gus getting the goal-line love. Then couple of ints from Niners turned into a couple of tds and it looks rosy. Seems like "MVP performance" is a bit much?

He was in full control of the whole game...so impressive...stats do not give the whole story on his performance last night...IMO he clinched the MVP last night.

He was in full control of the whole game...so impressive...stats do not give the whole story on his performance last night...IMO he clinched the MVP last night.
Agree.

What was most impressive was how he never seemed under duress even with Niners all around him. I usually feel like he's going to throw picks left and right and last night I was as calm as I could be.

But for the love of god, come next week, how about we run it in or god forbid throw on the goal line!?!?!?!??! Enough Gus!

Agree.

What was most impressive was how he never seemed under duress even with Niners all around him. I usually feel like he's going to throw picks left and right and last night I was as calm as I could be.

But for the love of god, come next week, how about we run it in or god forbid throw on the goal line!?!?!?!??! Enough Gus!

The new OC definitely seems to have had a positive influence on him…and agree about the last part…ended up in a real close semi-final where Lamar ended up being the difference for the win but had a bit of a tantrum in front of my son when Gus scored that TD…definitely not my most mature moment.

He's been very good all year, but I would vote for CMC over him for sure. In general, the discussion around MVP this year has been painful, why are people so invested in this?

Not referring to you, I can hear Spanky on the phone with the guy in your avatar every time you post, so you OK with me.

What a game. Pity it was a bit late to be meaningful to a fantasy season. Credit to him for a heck of a performance. I've complained about him plenty this year, I mean it was week SIX before he had managed to throw 5 tds total but obviously the team was winning and overall he had a very good year. Frustrating for fantasy though, 8 weeks scoring below 20 points. Stellar last month for sure.

What a game. Pity it was a bit late to be meaningful to a fantasy season. Credit to him for a heck of a performance. I've complained about him plenty this year, I mean it was week SIX before he had managed to throw 5 tds total but obviously the team was winning and overall he had a very good year. Frustrating for fantasy though, 8 weeks scoring below 20 points. Stellar last month for sure.

I won a championship thanks to that performance. It wasn't late at all, it was perfectly timed.

Remember when some of yall said he didn't deserver his money? Lamar proven a lot of yall wrong, looks like MVP 2.
To be fair, it appeared as if he had didn't come back last season when he could've and had sort of quit on his team right at the time of the playoffs, so criticism of him and suggestions that maybe he didn't deserve that money was more than fair, but mad props to him for coming back and playing the way he has this year. He looks locked in and the Ravens look like the best team in the AFC right now by a country mile.

The pressure is now on, however, as he has been a mediocre playoff QB to date. If he flames out in the playoffs quickly again with a bad performance, he will become the NFL's version of James Harden (GREAT in the regular season, not so much in the playoffs). I don't think it will happen, though. I don't see anyone beating the Ravens in the AFC playoffs.

I was told in this very thread that the Ravens wouldn’t be able to compete with the Chiefs and Bills if they gave Lamar too qb money since those teams would have such a huge advantage at qb for similar money the Ravens would never recover chasing it. He does need to make some deep playoff runs though although his playoff failures are overstated as well.

The question is that those still playing W18, what are you doing with Lamar now that Balt has clinched everything. Does he play? How much?

The question is that those still playing W18, what are you doing with Lamar now that Balt has clinched everything. Does he play? How much?
Can’t imagine he plays. It’s also likely gonna be wet with rain/snow Saturday in Bmore. Key starters prob weren’t gonna play anyways but with slick conditions I think you can 100% find Lamar in a poncho by the heaters.

If he is a two time MVP is he a lock for the HOF? He's still really young, so it's too early to hold playoff results against him. Many HOF QB's had less playoff wins than him at his age.

If he is a two time MVP is he a lock for the HOF? He's still really young, so it's too early to hold playoff results against him. Many HOF QB's had less playoff wins than him at his age.

I'm pretty sure every 2 time winner is in the HOF (or will be when eligible), but I also believe it is true they all generally played long careers (based on their eras and positions). If he were to win MVP this year and then walk away from the game, he would be a very interesting (and unique) case. Of course, there is no reason to expect that. More likely, he will play at least another 10 seasons... and the answer probably depends on how he plays the rest of the way, particularly in the postseason. That said, if I had to bet on it right now, I'd bet he will make it.

Last edited:
With the win on Sunday, Lamar's career record as a starting QB is 58-19. His 58 wins tie him at #88 on the all-time NFL QB wins list with Jeff Garcia and Ravens Super Bowl champion Trent Dilfer.

His career .753 winning percentage is 5th-highest among QBs on the all-time Top 100 win list, between Tom Brady (.754) and Roger Staubach (.746).

He turns 27 this week. He currently has the #9 Passer Rating of all-time. He has 5, 258 career rushing yards and has a very good chance to finish his career with more rushing yards than Eddie George or Marshawn Lynch. I think he ends up with the kind of incomparable career - maybe Top 30 all-time in both passing and rushing yards - that makes the Hall of Fame an afterthought.

He sure does need to win his next couple of starts, though (assuming he gets Week 18 off) or he will have a lot of questions to answer for the next 52 weeks until he has another chance to win in January.

Maybe Top 30 all-time in both passing and rushing yards.
I don't really have much of an opinion on this but figured I would look into how far away Lamar is from these milestones.

He currently has amassed 15,887 passing yards (which ranks 151st all time). The #30 QB is currently at 36,638. However, there are several current QBs ahead of Jackson that will likely push the bar higher for the 30th spot (Tannehill, Goff, Prescott, Mahomes, and Allen as examples). Let's project the Top 30 by then will be 40,000 yards. That would mean Lamar would need 24,113 additional passing yards. At his current pace, Jackson would need to play 15 total seasons to hit that number . . . which seems way in the future given that he's only played 6 seasons so far.

Rushing wise, he has 5,258 rushing yard (which ranks 137th). The #30 player in rushing yards sits at 10,273. But Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliot are close to there (and some other current backs could still make it). Let's say 11,000 will be the new Top 30 cut line in the future. Jackson would need to double his currently total and a little extra to get there. I'm not sure at what age he will start rushing less frequently, but I don't think 150+ carries a year will extend his career any.

I guess being a dual Top 30 threat is a possibility, but we are many years away from that being something to consider a lot more seriously. He has a lot of ground to cover to get there (although it is in the realm of possibility).

Last edited:
The Mark Andrew’s injury opened up the offense for him as he started looking downfield more, thanks Lamar for a great season.
That's a bit of a coincidence in my opinion. I think the deep shots would have happened with Andrews on the field, and the true catalyst was getting both OTs healthy, which happened the week after Andrews went down. If anything, Andrews likely would have made Lamar even more effective.

Feels like they have a great chance to win the superbowl.

If they do, he's a lock at that point, IMO. I'm assuming he doesn't up and retire. But even then, 2 MVP's and a Super Bowl ring seems like an ideal HOF resume.

Users who are viewing this thread