What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Zach Wilson, DEN (2 Viewers)

It seems to me teams should swap one lost cause for another to see if a different system, coaching or environment results in a positive change. It's unlikely, but better than cutting them from a contractual perspective. Say Zac Wilson for Davis Mills. Or whatever. There are some really tough places to play QB in the league for no reason other than the media/fan pressure. And NYC certainly is top 3 on that list. Zac looks awful to me. But there's likely a spot for him in the NFL as a backup.

Or NYJ should make a play for a better QB. Say give up a 2nd for Jacoby Brissett because they have a roster he could take to the playoffs.
Wilson is owed another $8M next year guaranteed - hes untradeable unless for another anchor

Jets dont have a 2d to trade for next year and no shot any team is going to trade their legit backup this early.

The fact that Semien is awful and still an upgrade on Zach is about as sad as Ive been as a Jets fan

i heard a good point recently…some of these high draft busts or non stars need to find new homes quickly. case in point wilson. it’s not just that he reeks, but he was the #2 pick and reeks, making the fans hate him more. if he goes to another team as a backup, he has no expectations other than to stink and hold a clipboard, he isn’t their mistake. the ny jets have solomon thomas in the DL, heck, i don’t even remember him being the number 3 overall pick of some draft. he’s just a guy on the line. i don’t hate him. i am sure the 49ers don’t care that darnold was the #3 pick.

It seems to me teams should swap one lost cause for another to see if a different system, coaching or environment results in a positive change. It's unlikely, but better than cutting them from a contractual perspective. Say Zac Wilson for Davis Mills. Or whatever. There are some really tough places to play QB in the league for no reason other than the media/fan pressure. And NYC certainly is top 3 on that list. Zac looks awful to me. But there's likely a spot for him in the NFL as a backup.

Or NYJ should make a play for a better QB. Say give up a 2nd for Jacoby Brissett because they have a roster he could take to the playoffs.
Wilson is owed another $8M next year guaranteed - hes untradeable unless for another anchor

Jets dont have a 2d to trade for next year and no shot any team is going to trade their legit backup this early.

The fact that Semien is awful and still an upgrade on Zach is about as sad as Ive been as a Jets fan
I'd trade you Brisset for a ham sandwich.

I love the LeBatard SHow but I typically stream quickly thru it, usually find a gem or two.
8:50 area you can hear Mike Fransissy and I'm sure it's Mad Dog setting him up...listen

"If the Jets don't take him at No 2, the Jets' fans should just mail their tickets back"
-Mikey Fran

Pick it back up at 9:45 after Wilson's last game
:lol:

I love the LeBatard SHow but I typically stream quickly thru it, usually find a gem or two.
8:50 area you can hear Mike Fransissy and I'm sure it's Mad Dog setting him up...listen

"If the Jets don't take him at No 2, the Jets' fans should just mail their tickets back"
-Mikey Fran

Pick it back up at 9:45 after Wilson's last game
:lol:

:lmao:

NY Sports radio has been extra special this week - especially WFAN.

Don‘t know if Joe Beningo will make it through this NFL season - the Jets are slowly killing him.

ESPN’s Rich Cimini reports the Jets players are unhappy with Zach Wilson starting.
Cimini stated that head coach Robert Saleh is “coming off as a Zach apologist, and that doesn’t play well in the locker room.” The Jets QB situation continues to unravel with Zach Wilson’s struggles. Cimini explained the team’s stout defense is especially irked and there is tension in the locker room. Trevor Siemian was signed, but that barely helps the QB issues without Aaron Rodgers. Wilson’s play has set the locker room on fire and Saleh has a decision to make about the non-improving third-year QB.

ESPN’s Rich Cimini reports the Jets players are unhappy with Zach Wilson starting.
Cimini stated that head coach Robert Saleh is “coming off as a Zach apologist, and that doesn’t play well in the locker room.” The Jets QB situation continues to unravel with Zach Wilson’s struggles. Cimini explained the team’s stout defense is especially irked and there is tension in the locker room. Trevor Siemian was signed, but that barely helps the QB issues without Aaron Rodgers. Wilson’s play has set the locker room on fire and Saleh has a decision to make about the non-improving third-year QB.

Saleh's job is on the line here...here is my guess as a non-Jets fan as to what is happening...Saleh comes across as a player's Coach who preaches a next-man-up philosophy with a we are gonna win with the guys in this locker-room mantra...due to that he wants to support Wilson and not look like a hypocrite by not sticking with him (especially after such a short amount of time)...unfortunately for Saleh, Wilson is horrifically bad and if the Jets don't replace him ASAP his attempt at keeping the locker-room is going to backfire and there is going to be an insurrection.

My question for the players is what do you want the Jets' front office to do?
-They put all their chips in on Aaron Rodgers, your ship unfortunately sank before it ever made it out of the harbor
-I understand lose the locker room but who are they mad at? What back up to Rodgers was not signed that has the locker room steaming?
They are all in it together and they can be steaming but the paycheck is the same every week

Buck up!

Players & fans don’t believe in Zach Wilson.

Jets messed up in not securing a QB2 behind Rodgers - like a Mike White, Minshew type. Not sure if they had the cap space to do that?

Not cutting bait with Wilson is what Jets fans are irate about. They all point to what the 49ers did with Trey Lance - they realized it wasn’t going to work and moved on quickly - regardless of where he was drafted.

Not sure Saleh survives this? Who would pick the next HC - Aaron Rodgers?

Jets messed up in not securing a QB2 behind Rodgers - like a Mike White, Minshew type. Not sure if they had the cap space to do that?

Not cutting bait with Wilson is what Jets fans are irate about. They all point to what the 49ers did with Trey Lance - they realized it wasn’t going to work and moved on quickly - regardless of where he was drafted.

Yeah maybe retaining Mike white instead of grabbing both Lazard and Cobb or cook would have been a better idea. When you’re pushing all with an old QB I feel like you need a bit better of a backup plan than a guy you know has lost the locker room before and stinks big time.

Yeah maybe retaining Mike white instead of grabbing both Lazard and Cobb or cook would have been a better idea. When you’re pushing all with an old QB I feel like you need a bit better of a backup plan than a guy you know has lost the locker room before and stinks big time.

Yep - paying the ghost of Randall Cobb 3M and lost a step Cook 6M is not sitting well with the fans.

And having just lost their 15th? Straight game to the Pats the Jets fans have every right to be livid.

This is going to get much much worse.

Is Saleh the one choosing to not sign or trade for a competent QB?

Nope - it’s 100% on Joe Douglas the GM - who does not make himself available to the media at all.

Saleh is the one who has face the music with media and fans and spew the company line of still having faith in Wilson and saying he’s their guy.

Nope - it’s 100% on Joe Douglas the GM - who does not make himself available to the media at all.

Saleh is the one who has face the music with media and fans and spew the company line of still having faith in Wilson and saying he’s their guy.
Seems Saleh should be safe. If not he’ll be hired quick by some team. (Bears?)

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Zach Wilson “definitely needs to get better.”

It amounts to a stinging rebuke of Wilson after Saleh has vehemently defended the quarterback’s miserable play for the past three weeks. ESPN reported Tuesday that Saleh’s refusal to critique Wilson and his constant apologizing for the third-year QB has caused turmoil in the Jets locker room. The Jets signed QB Trevor Siemian this week. He could see on-field action sooner rather than later if Wilson doesn’t suddenly improve. Saleh said Siemian would be inactive this week against the Chiefs.

Can anybody find and post first half v second half stats? According to ESPN, it was as if 2 different QB;s were playing
Jets
1st Q and their 1st drive started with a 1 yd completion to Wilson, yikes and then Hall loses 6 flippin yards making a 3rd and 15/long, abracadabra it's Punt time

2nd drive- 8 plays and a whopping 10 yards. Hall for 3 on 1st, Incomplete to WIlson on 2nd, Lazard make s a play on 3rd...1st and 2nd Cook hand offs, SACK on 3rd and PUNT

3rd drive- 3 and out...Hall-Hall-short completion to Carter and PUNT

2nd Q

1st drive-SACK and 2 incompletions, PUNT

2nd drive- Hall TFL, Hall short pass, 3rd was an incompletion and PUNT

3rd drive- They manage a FG

That's the 1st Half

Game was on in the background, wasn't paying much attention but noticed how awful Zack looked as the game 'appeared' to get out of control, so I missed the rest of the game when he shined.
I thought he was just awful, but he put up impressive stats in the second half.
Add, the officiating was atrocious.
Not like they have a lot of options but put down the torches and pitchforks.
Jet fans don't want to hear it, but patience is their most valuable quality right now.

Game was on in the background, wasn't paying much attention but noticed how awful Zack looked as the game 'appeared' to get out of control, so I missed the rest of the game when he shined.
I thought he was just awful, but he put up impressive stats in the second half.
Add, the officiating was atrocious.
Not like they have a lot of options but put down the torches and pitchforks.
Jet fans don't want to hear it, but patience is their most valuable quality right now.
My wife had this game on to just see Taylor Swift ....

The officiating was horrible and even the announcers & Consultant Referee commented their disagreement on some of them... Horse Collar Tackle by the jersey only? Face Mask by the pinky in the ear hole? The Safety for NYJ (Face Mask by OL while Mahomes in End Zone started at the 2 yard line, but called in End Zone). The Hold on NYJ when the KC DE was holding him while he fell?

There were moments Zach looked good and make accurate throws. Lazard & Cobb both make him look stellar with his decision making, but some of those throws could have gone the other way if KC was actually playing defense instead of expecting a cake-walk NYJ team.

ETA: NYJ Fans blame Ref's for Loss

Last edited:
I've been as strong a detractor as anyone, but once he was able to get into rhythm last night, he looked good.

If he can somehow figure out a way to build on this, play in rhythm and within himself, maybe... just maybe, he can get somewhere. But it's one game, and he's got a long way to go.

the entire nbc broadcast was a joke. it embarrassed nbc and i was embarrassed for them. first off, it appears they have already starting the olympics whoring. we don’t care about random athletes in the 2024 summer olympics. nbc has olympic infomercials all across their platforms now. rodgers, swift, rodgers, swift, rodgers, swift. neither is playing. melissa stark? she adds what exactly here? harrison calling wilson garbage and baiting jones into bad mouthing the guy? look, wilson has issues and is barely playable, but you can criticize while actually being a professional.

Okay so…

1. Did the leash just get a whole lot longer?

2. Is that actually a good thing?
1. yes - he likely brought himself the entire season

2. sure - its not like Boyle/Semien are going to move the needle - and JD is not going to trade for a starting QB this year- so either ZW somehow figures it out or ends the JD/Saleh/ZW Bromance and gets the Jets a high pick. Win/win at this point

Okay so…

1. Did the leash just get a whole lot longer?

2. Is that actually a good thing?

He's the man - love it or hate it - he's the QB rest of the way, no doubt.

Good thing for who? Good for Zack, yes. Best option the Jets have, yes.

Gotta make lemonade of lemons here. Who knows, maybe the light came on Sunday night. He looked very different to me than at any point in his (limited) NFL career to date. Stranger things have happened.

I took my window to dump him in a SF Dynasty League. Today traded him, Levis, TE Craft and a 2024 3rd for Sam Howell.

I will say, I hope Zach turns it around...I think he just came in too raw, too inexperienced...he has all the physical tools, but I worry about between the ears.

Harrison is obnoxious. He cares nothing about what people not close to him think. Nothing he stated was factually inaccurate.

It was obnoxious to not take the opportunity to give the young qb some praise after the villification he has received...and Harrison did acknowledge he may have had a special night...but failure to jump on the Wilson hype train after exactly one good performance falls a little short of a fireable offense.

Harrison should never have been hired because everybody knew what trash he was. Okay, I won't dehumanize anybody like he did to Wilson, so I take it back.

The "Patriots Way" was and will always be a joke. It was always win at all costs, no matter the thuggery or idiocy.

And no, thug is not racially charged. Aaron Hernandez, anybody?

Last edited:
Calling someone "garbage" on national television only adds to the dehumanization of the participants in the game. It's not good for anybody in the game, the excellent players included. It's a way to further reduce the guys to objects. Calling somebody something one throws away and is foul is an awfully tough criticism, and shows Harrison's idiotic/cruel mindset.

Last edited:
Chris Jone's talent speaks for itself; but the way he handled that interaction on a live national broadcast is just adding to his value. Amazing job by him, and I'd think makes it easier for an org. to hand him a big check when his contract is up this season.

Calling someone "garbage" on national television only adds to the dehumanization of the participants in the game. It's not good for anybody in the game, the excellent players included. It's a way to further reduce the guys to objects. Calling somebody something one throws away and is foul is an awfully tough criticism, and shows Harrison's idiotics mindset.
you are right. funny thing is it has to some degree been going on for a long time in one form or another.

and its all about ratings and clicks now. people see a headline that says someone has called someone out or has stated someone is garbage people want to see what is said.
when someone says so and so is a good player you know how many people tune in? Not many.

Not saying its right. just giving my opinion as to why this nonsense happens.

you are right. funny thing is it has to some degree been going on for a long time in one form or another.

It has been going on for some time. It's gotten way worse than when I was a kid. I used to hear my young nephew (at the time) refer to players as "trash" and I was always taken aback by that. Where did he learn that at such a young age? This type of attention-seeking and strong invective permeates the culture in unseen ways until it's very seen and very heard.

From the mouths of babes.

Users who are viewing this thread