What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Questions for Steelers homers (1 Viewer)

gruecd

Footballguy
Just a couple of quick question for Steelers fans:

1. Any early word on Willie Parker this week? Obviously a great start for the Steelers RBs against the Lions, just wondering whether it's going to be Fast Willie or Mendenhall or both, and if it's the both, what kind of split we might expect.

2. What's the deal with Santonio Holmes the last couple of games. He had 11 and 14 targets in the first two games, but he's been relatively quiet in weeks 3-4 with only five targets in each game. Seems as if Mike Wallace is getting more looks. Was it premature to say that Holmes was on the verge of breaking out??

Thanks in advance, guys!

The Steelers will want to see Mendy get carries, cause Parker is going to be a free agent, and they need to know Mendy can handle the rock. I expect Mendy to get more and more carries as long as he produces. Hopefully, his game vs SD will kickstart what could be a great future.

Holmes, he is the go to guy. But a Steeler WR never is like a Moss or TO, or Marvin Harrison(before Wayne). He is not going to get every look. Ward, Wallace, M Moore and 2 big TE targets will keep his numbers reduced, but he is a great WR. He is now starting to make it look easy. Getting open, catching tough passes, easily getting 2 feet in near the sidelines, running good routes, etc. He is a top WR that is not on a "throwing" team, therefore wont get 100 catches, for 1500 and 12 TDs...it doesnt happen here. If we get the ground game on point again with Parker and Mendy, all WRs could get less looks.

But IMO, Holmes is a top 10 WR, not fantasy wise, but football wise. He'll end up close to 1000 and 10 TD, but on 70 recs.

Holmes' hands have been inconsistent this year. He has dropped quite a few catchable balls. That can't be instilling a lot of confidence in Ben to make him the go-to guy right now.

I'm not a Steelers homer but they probably could of scored 35 points on Monday night without even attempting one pass. The Chargers rush defense was brutal.. I agree that Holmes will be hit or miss as it seems Ben spreads it around etc.. but if he keeps dropping passes then that will be a concern.. I wouldn't look to much in to targets on Monday as they were running the ball great..

steelcityman said:
The Steelers will want to see Mendy get carries, cause Parker is going to be a free agent, and they need to know Mendy can handle the rock. I expect Mendy to get more and more carries as long as he produces. Hopefully, his game vs SD will kickstart what could be a great future.Holmes, he is the go to guy. But a Steeler WR never is like a Moss or TO, or Marvin Harrison(before Wayne). He is not going to get every look. Ward, Wallace, M Moore and 2 big TE targets will keep his numbers reduced, but he is a great WR. He is now starting to make it look easy. Getting open, catching tough passes, easily getting 2 feet in near the sidelines, running good routes, etc. He is a top WR that is not on a "throwing" team, therefore wont get 100 catches, for 1500 and 12 TDs...it doesnt happen here. If we get the ground game on point again with Parker and Mendy, all WRs could get less looks.But IMO, Holmes is a top 10 WR, not fantasy wise, but football wise. He'll end up close to 1000 and 10 TD, but on 70 recs.
Sums up the situation nicely.As for Parker's status this week, Tomlin said today that Parker will be limited in practice and they will have to see how his toe holds up. Still too early to say if he's going to play but if I were a Parker owner I would be worried.

Users who are viewing this thread