What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Raheem Morris kicks Brian Price out of the game (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I love it, he kicks Brian Price out of the game because he got a 15 yard penalty and cost his teammates. Morris didn't hesitate to do what he felt was right. Now since I have this thread up let me go ahead and highlight two teams that didn't do anything this week and should have by not playing a couple of players that deserved to be sat down.

1. Rolando McClain-Oakland and Hue Jackson should have told him he could not play on Sunday and sent a clear message that this will not be tolerated.

2. Brandon Marshall- Some of you might not have heard but he skipped out on a taxi cab fare and was briefly in hand cuffs. This clown has been nothing but a cancer Imo since he entered the league. Sure he makes great catches and can do incredible things with the football but this is a guy who almost got himself killed by his g/f-wife over the summer and has been in trouble repeatedly. Maybe he doesn't sit out the entire game but he should have been sat down as a starter for at least the 1st series, maybe the 1st quarter even.

Jim Schwartz could learn a lesson or two from Raheem Morris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are different things. What Price did was from his play on the field. What Marshall/McClain did was from what they did off the field.

Being a punk/thug/psycho off the field is a problem but these athletes are just that - athletes. They're not role models.

a guy skips out a taxi cab fare (in what he claims was a misunderstanding) and you want to suspend him? that seems very harsh

I thought it was ridiculous. Price is in his second year and it was his first personal foul. It happens. It wasn't something completely out of control and ridiculous like Suh's arm stomp. Screaming at him or benching him would make sense but sensing him to the locker room just tells me that Morris is a poor coach whose team was getting blown out and who knows he's getting fired after the season.

Trying to show that you're tough on your players when they've tolerated and given multiple chances to guys like Talib, Blount, Stevens, etc., is a total joke.

I thought it was ridiculous. Price is in his second year and it was his first personal foul. It happens. It wasn't something completely out of control and ridiculous like Suh's arm stomp. Screaming at him or benching him would make sense but sensing him to the locker room just tells me that Morris is a poor coach whose team was getting blown out and who knows he's getting fired after the season. Trying to show that you're tough on your players when they've tolerated and given multiple chances to guys like Talib, Blount, Stevens, etc., is a total joke.
:goodposting: This guy "gets it". Morris is the one who doesn't get it. Morris is losing that team. What about his double standard with allowing Talib to b#### slap a cabbie with a gun and let him play the next game? What about Mike Williams DUI allegations and still allowed to play? What about giving Tanard Jackson a raise fresh off a one year suspension for repeated drug offenses? Price has one play that is regrettable, one transgressoin...and Morris exiles him. Yeah....that's fair. :rolleyes: Rah Rah is going to be fired soon.ETA: I wanted to add, a friend of mine who was at the game told me that on one play Kellen Winslow had just caught a pass and wasn't asking to be taken out, and when he came off, he was screaming at Raheem. That team is in disarray right now. Why doesn't Raheem stand down vets like Winslow? Why does he not take action against Freeman for shooting a gun at the range with an already injured thumb? Why so many double standards? He's too chummy with the help, and doesn't lay down the law. At least not to the right people. Dollars to donuts both him and Dominik are out the door in a housecleaning this offseason.

I thought it was ridiculous. Price is in his second year and it was his first personal foul. It happens. It wasn't something completely out of control and ridiculous like Suh's arm stomp. Screaming at him or benching him would make sense but sensing him to the locker room just tells me that Morris is a poor coach whose team was getting blown out and who knows he's getting fired after the season. Trying to show that you're tough on your players when they've tolerated and given multiple chances to guys like Talib, Blount, Stevens, etc., is a total joke.
:goodposting: This guy "gets it". Morris is the one who doesn't get it. Morris is losing that team. What about his double standard with allowing Talib to b#### slap a cabbie with a gun and let him play the next game? What about Mike Williams DUI allegations and still allowed to play? What about giving Tanard Jackson a raise fresh off a one year suspension for repeated drug offenses? Price has one play that is regrettable, one transgressoin...and Morris exiles him. Yeah....that's fair. :rolleyes: Rah Rah is going to be fired soon.ETA: I wanted to add, a friend of mine who was at the game told me that on one play Kellen Winslow had just caught a pass and wasn't asking to be taken out, and when he came off, he was screaming at Raheem. That team is in disarray right now. Why doesn't Raheem stand down vets like Winslow? Why does he not take action against Freeman for shooting a gun at the range with an already injured thumb? Why so many double standards? He's too chummy with the help, and doesn't lay down the law. At least not to the right people. Dollars to donuts both him and Dominik are out the door in a housecleaning this offseason.
I have to admit good points by both of you

I don't see why Dominik should be fired, they've drafted well imo and he hasn't been given $$$ to spend in FA.

I like the idea of the practice more than the execution this time. I wish more coaches would take a stand against stupid penalties and the "me first" type players. Obviously every situation will be different, so I doubt any coach will ever make this a clear cut practice. It would be interesting to see it play out though.

Yes McClain should have sat, I think there are only a handful of teams who would play someone after something like that. The Radiers just happen to be one of them.

B. Marsh just doesn't get it. Sitting him down won't get the message across either. Miami knows what they signed, and this stuff comes along with the package.

Yes McClain should have sat, I think there are only a handful of teams who would play someone after something like that. The Radiers just happen to be one of them.
I don't think it's a situation that is in any way unique to the Raiders or that you can read that they have tolerance for bad behavior. After the lockout, the NFLPA is more than ever into protecting players rights. You saw that when Suh appealed his 2 game suspension, even though he clearly seemed to want to pay the penalty and move on. And while its possible that the Raiders could have suspended him, or sat him with pay, it's clear that the whole process is a complicated legal process and it will eventually play itself out with involvement of the commish and the union. McClain will have his day in court, but till then, he has to be given the assumption of innocence, and therefore should play. It doesn't seem right, and we can all trash the Raiders management for allowing him to play, but their hands were tied.

I thought it was ridiculous. Price is in his second year and it was his first personal foul. It happens. It wasn't something completely out of control and ridiculous like Suh's arm stomp. Screaming at him or benching him would make sense but sensing him to the locker room just tells me that Morris is a poor coach whose team was getting blown out and who knows he's getting fired after the season.

Trying to show that you're tough on your players when they've tolerated and given multiple chances to guys like Talib, Blount, Stevens, etc., is a total joke.
One of the best posts of the year.Its fine to have a tough line but it can not be situational.

I think that reaction yesterday is a sign of a frustrated coach that knows the wheels are coming off. He may be on a short leash.

THE LIONS: My goodness people. That coach needs to get his house in order because it is CLEAR that the type of idiocy they are spreading is either condoned/coached by the HC or its just a bunch of young players following their perceived team leaders (and in that case, its the inmates running the asylum). Either way, its a clear indication to me that the correct control of the team by the HC is not present.

I don't see why Dominik should be fired, they've drafted well imo and he hasn't been given $$$ to spend in FA.
Have they drafted well? They have spent consecutive years drafting top DL talent that turned out to be light in the shorts. Gerald McCoy is a bust. He didn't have a record for production in college and other than his measurables, hasn't given any indication he's worth a top 3 pick. Mason Foster is a nice pick, and so were the M. Williams and the reclamation of M. Blount. But the defense is squarely on the shoulders of Dominik. This has been a draft and hope defense, with no leadership on it. Even Ronde isn't the type of leader that team needs. They had no plan in place for the leadership of that team once they let Brooks go. I'll give Dominik a pass for the offense. But Morris coaching has regressed that offense, and stunted Freeman's growth. And the defense is also Morris baliwick and it's not as aggressive as the old Tampa defenses used to be. 11 hats to the ball was the mantra. Now they are slow and out of position and just beatdown on the D side. That has to be a humilation for Morris. But Dominik has his part in this defensive mess as well. I agree, the Glazers have been too tight in the wallets to go after prime free agents to shore up the defense. But Morris has a little fraternity of coaches and the only way to properly clean house is to purge them all. And Dominik should go too.

I don't think it's a situation that is in any way unique to the Raiders or that you can read that they have tolerance for bad behavior. After the lockout, the NFLPA is more than ever into protecting players rights. You saw that when Suh appealed his 2 game suspension, even though he clearly seemed to want to pay the penalty and move on. And while its possible that the Raiders could have suspended him, or sat him with pay, it's clear that the whole process is a complicated legal process and it will eventually play itself out with involvement of the commish and the union. McClain will have his day in court, but till then, he has to be given the assumption of innocence, and therefore should play. It doesn't seem right, and we can all trash the Raiders management for allowing him to play, but their hands were tied.
Don't they have some type of "association clause" (I dont know whats its called) where even negative press being associated to the product (the radiers) would be enough to sit him down? I don't claim to have the understanding of how Teams operate, but to the casual fan you have the police saying he fired a gun next to someone's head and then his team plays him the following week. It doesn't cast the Radiers in a good light.

Dom isn't getting fired but Rah probably is.

And McCoy (other than his injury) is no bust. He was playing fantastic this year before he was hurt. The difference in the defense with him and without him is unbelievable. Hard to believe more people don't recognize that.

'Raiderfan32904 said:
'bucsbaby said:
Have they drafted well? They have spent consecutive years drafting top DL talent that turned out to be light in the shorts. Gerald McCoy is a bust. He didn't have a record for production in college and other than his measurables, hasn't given any indication he's worth a top 3 pick. Mason Foster is a nice pick, and so were the M. Williams and the reclamation of M. Blount. But the defense is squarely on the shoulders of Dominik. This has been a draft and hope defense, with no leadership on it. Even Ronde isn't the type of leader that team needs. They had no plan in place for the leadership of that team once they let Brooks go. I'll give Dominik a pass for the offense. But Morris coaching has regressed that offense, and stunted Freeman's growth. And the defense is also Morris baliwick and it's not as aggressive as the old Tampa defenses used to be. 11 hats to the ball was the mantra. Now they are slow and out of position and just beatdown on the D side. That has to be a humilation for Morris. But Dominik has his part in this defensive mess as well. I agree, the Glazers have been too tight in the wallets to go after prime free agents to shore up the defense. But Morris has a little fraternity of coaches and the only way to properly clean house is to purge them all. And Dominik should go too.
It's too soon to call McCoy a bust imo. DL players typically take time to develop (see Long on StL). The two new DEs drafted this past year look good imo. Too early to say about Foster. I give the rookies a pass this year because of the shortened offseason. The main problem with the defense is the OLBs imo, though they need help everywhere, it seems. Good recent draft picks:FreemanM WilliamsBennBowersClaybornPossibly good recent draft picks (time will tell):McCoyPriceFosterHonourable mention:BlountTalib (off the field problems, but has been decent on the field)Not every drafted player is going to be a stud, but I'd say that is a decent enough track record to avoid firing Dom. I think Morris has been pretty brutal as a coach though. The defense is on him and it has looked really bad.That being said, if the Glasers opened the wallet a little more to bring in some FAs, that would help also.I think Freeman's regression has been partly due to the shortened offseason and look for a bounce-back year next year.McCoy has been oft-injured so far, which is unfortunate, but if he can stay healthy, he has a chance to turn things around.I think Dom's future should be decided by the DL. A lot has been invested in it with the last couple drafts. If it doesn't start to gel in the next 2-3 years then he should be gone.

Nice posting Bucsbaby.

As you said, the DL is on Dom's last two draft classes. They have a reclamation project in Haynesworth who seems more like a rent-a-player and will serve well for this year. But other than him, they lack the big guys up the middle to stop the run. They get pushed around up and down the field and the offense on the sideline is watching on the sidelines on their stationary bikes. The run gashing of the defense is like a slow deathmarch. You just can't win if you can't stop the run. Period. And this team lacks the girth to do it. They are a bunch of speed/finesse types and easily countered with the right scheme.

You want to give Dom a couple of years, but I don't see this recent draft class of DL's as anything but a failure with no upside. Those were all high draft picks they spent on those guys and they will likely not ever produce the expected return.

Dom has been doing a good job getting offensive talent on the team, but the negligence of the D Line is setting this team back and into the future. And next year's draft isn't going to change that. That is on the Glazers for not being more active in free agency, but it's also on Dom for convincing the Glazers he could handle the D problems with just draft picks. Dom got himself in over his head and his head should be the price for it.

'Wadsworth said:
If Jim Schwartz "got it", he would have a hard time fielding a team next week.
If we would have 'got it' a month ago maybe that wouldn't be the case. Every time I see him patting his guy on the back and talking quietly in his ear after a PF I start looking for the next one. You'd think he was running a kindergarten class how careful he is not to hurt his player self esteem by raising his voice or implying they are selfish idiots for setting their team back with a pointless gesture.

Nice posting Bucsbaby.

As you said, the DL is on Dom's last two draft classes. They have a reclamation project in Haynesworth who seems more like a rent-a-player and will serve well for this year. But other than him, they lack the big guys up the middle to stop the run. They get pushed around up and down the field and the offense on the sideline is watching on the sidelines on their stationary bikes. The run gashing of the defense is like a slow deathmarch. You just can't win if you can't stop the run. Period. And this team lacks the girth to do it. They are a bunch of speed/finesse types and easily countered with the right scheme.

You want to give Dom a couple of years, but I don't see this recent draft class of DL's as anything but a failure with no upside. Those were all high draft picks they spent on those guys and they will likely not ever produce the expected return.
what the #### are you talking about? Clayborne has been the best defensive player on the team since about week 3, McCoy was great before he was hurt and Bowers had 2 sacks yesterday and was a bull all day. And that was his second career start. The Dline is the best thing Dom has done.

'hines said:
a guy skips out a taxi cab fare (in what he claims was a misunderstanding) and you want to suspend him? that seems very harsh
"Oh, he wanted me to pay him for that ride?"

Nice posting Bucsbaby.

what the #### are you talking about? Clayborne has been the best defensive player on the team since about week 3, McCoy was great before he was hurt and Bowers had 2 sacks yesterday and was a bull all day. And that was his second career start. The Dline is the best thing Dom has done.
Is this DLine getting it done against the run? In your opinion?

'GroveDiesel said:
This is exactly right.The OP was wayyy off on this one.

'Ministry of Pain said:
'hines said:
It's one incident on a line of bad behavior both within and outside of the locker room, he's not a good guy.
Thanks for the update. Quality stuff.

Nice posting Bucsbaby.

Have you seen the linebackers? Pin the blame there. Worst group of linebackers in the league, bar none.

Nice posting Bucsbaby.

Have you seen the linebackers? Pin the blame there. Worst group of linebackers in the league, bar none.
As a Raider fan, I can tell you, that to pin it on the LB's is too easy. Once the RB's get to the second level and have momentum, LB's are no match for any good RB's who have the luxury of space to cut upfield or dance and juke into the secondary. If the D Line is not standing up the O-linemen, the battle is more than half lost right there. Agreed with the Bucs linebackers. Q. Black has been :X when he plays, and Foster has been as good as you can expect for a rookie. I actually like him.

'Ministry of Pain said:
It's one incident on a line of bad behavior both within and outside of the locker room, he's not a good guy.
Why are you looking for good guys in the NFL? They're football players, nothing else. Don't expect them to be anything more than that. We don't turn on our TV's on Sunday to watch "character".

'Shutout said:
'GroveDiesel said:
One of the best posts of the year.Its fine to have a tough line but it can not be situational. I think that reaction yesterday is a sign of a frustrated coach that knows the wheels are coming off. He may be on a short leash.
After looking at the replay and the situation I definitely agree. I just heard a little clip from Morris last night talking about it costing the team etc., but after looking at it today it was 31-12 and the beginning of the 4th quarter! Definitely seems like a frustrated coach and immature move on his part. What did Price even do? Based on the replay it looked like a typical scuffle you see every week in every game. If I was a player on that team Morris would have lost a lot of my respect. I mean what hurts the team more, losing 15 yds on one play or losing a player for the rest of the game?

Nice posting Bucsbaby.

Bottom 5, I'll agree

'Ministry of Pain said:
Why are you looking for good guys in the NFL? They're football players, nothing else. Don't expect them to be anything more than that. We don't turn on our TV's on Sunday to watch "character".
He was divisive in the locker room last year, has had numerous off the field problems, it's just time for a GM to show a little back bone or a coach and say to him "You ain't playing, sorry." The team was 3-8 although they have been running over teams of late like a hot knife thru melted butter but still...

'Raiderfan32904 said:
'GroveDiesel said:

:goodposting: This guy "gets it". Morris is the one who doesn't get it. Morris is losing that team. What about his double standard with allowing Talib to b#### slap a cabbie with a gun and let him play the next game? What about Mike Williams DUI allegations and still allowed to play? What about giving Tanard Jackson a raise fresh off a one year suspension for repeated drug offenses? Price has one play that is regrettable, one transgressoin...and Morris exiles him. Yeah....that's fair. :rolleyes:

Rah Rah is going to be fired soon.

ETA: I wanted to add, a friend of mine who was at the game told me that on one play Kellen Winslow had just caught a pass and wasn't asking to be taken out, and when he came off, he was screaming at Raheem. That team is in disarray right now. Why doesn't Raheem stand down vets like Winslow? Why does he not take action against Freeman for shooting a gun at the range with an already injured thumb? Why so many double standards? He's too chummy with the help, and doesn't lay down the law. At least not to the right people. Dollars to donuts both him and Dominik are out the door in a housecleaning this offseason.
I'm surprised Talib didn't blame the incident on the cabbie's accent.

'Ministry of Pain said:
He was divisive in the locker room last year, has had numerous off the field problems, it's just time for a GM to show a little back bone or a coach and say to him "You ain't playing, sorry." The team was 3-8 although they have been running over teams of late like a hot knife thru melted butter but still...
Over/under on how many times a month MoP posts/actually says this in conversation: 46

'hines said:
I agree, you don't even know the facts in that case and you want to suspend him? Seems like a stretch. Sincerely signed,a brandon marshall owner

Marshall badMOP good
MOP, I fail to understand why you would sit Marshall for a cab fare incident. Stuff happens. Maybe he was drunk. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He may be as a person, not the nicest guy or even a POS, but he’s done nothing to get upset about. If it’s a reaction to a lifetime of transgressions, then I have to ask, why did you sign him in the first place? Apparently, to Dolphins management anyway, they felt his antics were worth the production he would give them. NFL players are not like you or I. We love what they can do on a football field for 3 hours each week. Then we forget about them outside of that context, for the most part. I think the feeling is reciprocal. We don’t care if they are as pure as Tebow or as mean as Donkeykong Suh during our everyday lives or work hours. These people are paid to be warriors on the field, and I think it’s nuts to think they have to represent some sort of social value system. Most of them are grade A #######s and some of them are no better than the street punks we roll up our windows and lock our car doors for. While they have our favorite teams uniforms on, they are our heroes. When they get into trouble with the law, we hypocritically criticize them when in fact we really don’t care about them as people. They are numbers on a jersey. We just care that they perform like beasts on Sunday. I think you should be happy you have a beast like Marshall who helps your team more than he hurts them. Whatever he does or doesn’t do good or bad off the field shouldn’t be anyone’s concern outside of the local authorities and only when warranted.

Marshall bad

MOP good
MOP, I fail to understand why you would sit Marshall for a cab fare incident. Stuff happens. Maybe he was drunk. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He may be as a person, not the nicest guy or even a POS, but he's done nothing to get upset about. If it's a reaction to a lifetime of transgressions, then I have to ask, why did you sign him in the first place? Apparently, to Dolphins management anyway, they felt his antics were worth the production he would give them. NFL players are not like you or I. We love what they can do on a football field for 3 hours each week. Then we forget about them outside of that context, for the most part. I think the feeling is reciprocal. We don't care if they are as pure as Tebow or as mean as Donkeykong Suh during our everyday lives or work hours. These people are paid to be warriors on the field, and I think it's nuts to think they have to represent some sort of social value system. Most of them are grade A #######s and some of them are no better than the street punks we roll up our windows and lock our car doors for. While they have our favorite teams uniforms on, they are our heroes. When they get into trouble with the law, we hypocritically criticize them when in fact we really don't care about them as people. They are numbers on a jersey. We just care that they perform like beasts on Sunday. I think you should be happy you have a beast like Marshall who helps your team more than he hurts them. Whatever he does or doesn't do good or bad off the field shouldn't be anyone's concern outside of the local authorities and only when warranted.
:yes: That's the problem

We have to draw the line somewhere when these thug rapper tactics come out. Let's take our country back one personal foul at a time!

maybe the penalty for getting a personal foul should be 15 yards plus you ahve to sit out the next entire series or 20 plays whichever is longer that would teach these guys a lesson about respect for eachother and the game and the fans and america

maybe the penalty for getting a personal foul should be 15 yards plus you ahve to sit out the next entire series or 20 plays whichever is longer that would teach these guys a lesson about respect for eachother and the game and the fans and america
good idea

They should carry them for the season like the NBA does with flagrants and technicals. Two in any game and you are gone. Hit a particular number for the season (say 5?) and get a suspension.

They should carry them for the season like the NBA does with flagrants and technicals. Two in any game and you are gone. Hit a particular number for the season (say 5?) and get a suspension.
5 is too many they should make it something like 3 strikes and your out but worse maybe 3 strikes and you are out for the year 3 strikes the next year and you are banned from the league forever and all league functions so you cant even go to a reunion dinner or something like that take it ot the bank brothers

But you get a pass for pissing in the women's restroom? Maybe you should suspend yourself.
Oh Hi Banana,I'm not making $10.5m a yr just yet so maybe I will get a pass.

-Peace
Well that and he has borderline personality disorder.Keep up the good work.
Exactly, BPD plus his alcoholism is a recipe for disaster. This guy should have died over the summer and then everyone in here would have posted that they could see it coming. And IDKit...I see what you did there :)

Users who are viewing this thread