What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rams acquire #1 pick, Massive haul for Titans (1 Viewer)

Excellent trade for the Titans.  Sad sad sad my Browns couldnt swing a similar deal.  Maybe they still do who knows

Is Ramsey as the new Weddle still a big thought for SD. I think they can't go wrong with either. 

I like talking Ramsey still as might get pick out of Dallas as he tops their board
I'm all for screwing the Cowboys, but Rivers is going to get killed behind that line.

Titans GM should be arrested for grand larceny.     Could rival the Hershel Walker deal.

Excellent trade for the Titans.  Sad sad sad my Browns couldnt swing a similar deal.  Maybe they still do who knows
Or maybe they stay put, and get the best QB in the draft.  If the Browns don't make a trade, and Goff is a Pro Bowler, then it was a success.

Rams were the Titans a few years ago, and got a bunch of good players.  Never got a QB, so din't go anywhere.  Now they are making a desperation move to go get a QB.

If Hue likes Goff--take him.

If he loves Lynch, then trade Goff's rights and take him.  Get a QB whenever you can.  

As fans we all jerk off about draft picks, and it's obviously better to have more, but the Rams have wasted years with a lot of picks, and no QB.  

Wow, just wow.   Can't believe they had the balls to pull the trigger.  

I have mixed fellings right now after giving so much up but if there's ever a time to do it it's now. We're loaded with talent, mostly on the defensive side of the ball, from the hall we got for RG3 and will slowly start losing those players due to huge new deals coming due (as we saw start to happen this year).   We really couldn't sit on our hands any longer and wait for an Andrew luck.   As mentioned earlier with our defense and Gurley neither one of these guys have to be Brady for us to make a playoff push/run.  

The time really was now or never for Fisher and Snead.  It's likley an overpay but it's one that needed to happen.  

Titans may have just become relevant. Awful lot to give up for a guy who played at that level. He needs to be a perennial pro bowler for them to even come close to breaking even.

A kid from Bismarck, ND as the starting QB for the Los Angeles Rams.

Makes me chuckle a bit at the absurdity if it all. I mean, I of course created players in NCAA videogames from ND/Min that would have this happen, but real life? No way.

Or maybe they stay put, and get the best QB in the draft.  If the Browns don't make a trade, and Goff is a Pro Bowler, then it was a success.

Rams were the Titans a few years ago, and got a bunch of good players.  Never got a QB, so din't go anywhere.  Now they are making a desperation move to go get a QB.

If Hue likes Goff--take him.

If he loves Lynch, then trade Goff's rights and take him.  Get a QB whenever you can.  

As fans we all jerk off about draft picks, and it's obviously better to have more, but the Rams have wasted years with a lot of picks, and no QB.  

The Rams pretty much did blow all of those picks.  I'm not sure how many teams who have traded rights have truly come away with much after the picks were made so it sounds great but what if Tunsil turns out to be a Hall of Fame left tackle and they struggle to find a blind side protector?  

A kid from Bismarck, ND as the starting QB for the Los Angeles Rams.

Makes me chuckle a bit at the absurdity if it all. I mean, I of course created players in NCAA videogames from ND/Min that would have this happen, but real life? No way.
I have that image of Axl Rose getting off the bus at the beginning of Welcome to the Jungle video.  

Titans GM should be arrested for grand larceny.     Could rival the Hershel Walker deal.
Why couldn't this have happened when the Texans had the #1? Lucky buggars. Colts tank and get Luck, Titans suck and get this haul, Texans get Clowney. :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
*Good move by the Titans...with Marriotta looking like the real deal there was really no one at #1 in this draft they had to have...if they use these picks wisely they are in a good position to finally turn the corner...

*For the Rams it all comes down to scouting...they have identified Wentz as a top-level QB and if he is the trade is a good one...if he's anything less it's a bad deal...

*Pretty apparent that the current Rams administration needed to get the QB situation figured out or they weren't going to be around for the future picks anyways...

*I do have to chuckle at Fisher being involved in a move like this after pulling that stunt with the Redskins...I have felt for awhile he is a vastly overrated Coach and have to believe his job is very much on the line this year...

NFLN right  now:

Mayock giving Wentz a blowy, talking heads wondering hich LT the Titans can get at 15.  Really??

The QB the Rams take needs to be a top 5 QB eventually.  So it will be 3-5 years before we know how this trade pans out on the Rams side.  For the Titans it is a great deal right away.  They already have their QB and move down to 15 and stockpile picks in a talented draft.  So this trade will help them right away.

If I am a Titan fan I would be very happy with this deal..Rams fans will have to play a waiting game.

I'll see your Clowney, and raise you a JaMarcus Russell

:dropsmic:
Haha, true, but at least you knew from day 1 that Russell was a bust. You had to be used to Al Davis screwing up draft picks at that point.

The Texans gladly would've traded down but no one wanted to trade up. They really have bad luck with that. It was pretty much the worst year to have the #1 pick in the past 5 years or so and the surrounding years were pretty damn good.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora  38m38 minutes ago
Browns will be happy because their guy has been Goff. Rams are very high on Wentz
Not sure who the Browns want or wanted.

Now that Tunsil is on the table don't discount the front office taking him and then turning around and trading OT Joe Thomas for a late 1st round pick but then again, mabye they did want Goff.  I honestly don't know.
Late first for Joe Thomas at $10M per year? Not going to happen. Did you see the deal that Okung got or the trade for Clady? No chance anyone trades a late 1st for Thomas. All those teams would more likely just take an OT in the draft and get a guy 9 years younger for a whole lot less $$$.

Honestly, I think the Browns screwed the pooch. All the reports I saw seemed to show they liked Wentz and honestly I think that is part of the reason the Rams gave up as much as they did. The Browns have completely screwed the pooch this off season and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did it again. I think they bet no one would trade up and give up that much (according to their calcs) and they lost the bet.

Late first for Joe Thomas at $10M per year? Not going to happen. Did you see the deal that Okung got or the trade for Clady? No chance anyone trades a late 1st for Thomas. All those teams would more likely just take an OT in the draft and get a guy 9 years younger for a whole lot less $$$.

Honestly, I think the Browns screwed the pooch. All the reports I saw seemed to show they liked Wentz and honestly I think that is part of the reason the Rams gave up as much as they did. The Browns have completely screwed the pooch this off season and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did it again. I think they bet no one would trade up and give up that much (according to their calcs) and they lost the bet.
You think Russell Okung equals sure-fire HALL OF FAME OT Joe Thomas who has never missed a snap in his career?  

Haha, true, but at least you knew from day 1 that Russell was a bust. You had to be used to Al Davis screwing up draft picks at that point.

The Texans gladly would've traded down but no one wanted to trade up. They really have bad luck with that. It was pretty much the worst year to have the #1 pick in the past 5 years or so and the surrounding years were pretty damn good.
Yep, sometimes you get unlucky. Look at the NBA, some years you get Duncan or LeBron and others you get Kwame Brown. As a Panthers fan, can't tell you how lucky we were to get Cam in 2011. Bradford was #1 the year before and that was the last year of the ridiculous 1st round pick contracts.

You think Russell Okung equals sure-fire HALL OF FAME OT Joe Thomas who has never missed a snap in his career?  
Teams wouldn't be trading for the player Thomas has been. They'd be trading for the guy he is - which is kind of old and really expensive. Absolute zero chance they get a first for him. None.

I think the Browns have preferred Goff all along. 

And I dont care how hard the hype train is in motion, on the field, Goff was the better QB. Amazing how offseason and media hype somehow got Wentz to be the next superstar

The Titans have a better chance at the playoffs next year. Rams are in a killer division.
Things change quickly. The Seahawks were still very good last season but not as dominant, and they lost Okung, Lynch and some players on defense. All it takes is a Carson Palmer injury (and would that shock anyone) to derail Arizona once again. SF is miserable.

No, pretty sure I didn't say that, but Thomas in 2016 at $10M per season isn't going to get you a 1st round pick. I used Okung and Clady as examples as they were top tackles at one point (Clady moreso) and they are getting close to Thomas in age. I used their examples because they signed for way less than $10M and Clady only cost a swap of a 5th for a 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread