What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randy Moss if A. Brooks is the starter (1 Viewer)

ATC1

Footballguy
Is anyone holding on to Moss like I am hoping he will come back if Aaron Brooks gets under center?

Is anyone selling in hopes that his value will rise slightly when Brooks comes back?

Is anyone trying to buy him for cheap thinking he will have a better end of the season with Brooks?

I'm just collecting thoughts.

At this point I don't think there is anything you can really do except for hold. I would buy if you could, as long as the price was very low. I don't think selling is realistic at this point, considering no one (justifiably) will want to give anything significant or even 'usable' for him...

I would hold, as you're probably not going to get anything of value for him.

I do think that if Moss is going to blow up at all the rest of the year, that this is the week it's most likely. I expect him to be very motivated to prove everyone wrong with regards to the fiasco he created for himself earlier this week.

I would hold, as you're probably not going to get anything of value for him.I do think that if Moss is going to blow up at all the rest of the year, that this is the week it's most likely. I expect him to be very motivated to prove everyone wrong with regards to the fiasco he created for himself earlier this week.
When all else is gone, there is always the forlorn hope that the cavalry will come.

I just got rid of him for Edge (I do have Holt, Housh, Jennings, and Bryant - start 2). I think he still has quite a bit of upside and his floor cant get much lower, but I needed some RB help. If you can get him for cheap, I'd certainly go after him.

I would hold, as you're probably not going to get anything of value for him.I do think that if Moss is going to blow up at all the rest of the year, that this is the week it's most likely. I expect him to be very motivated to prove everyone wrong with regards to the fiasco he created for himself earlier this week.
Moss can be motivated, but hasn't shown in the past to be motivated to show good for his own stupid comments. He's given up on Oakland, so I don't see him motivating himself for the rest of the season. That doesn't mean he can't put up a couple of big games, but he's not going to "rip up the NFL" like he did as a rookie just to show people he still has it.

I'm so tired of seeing these threads "Randy Moss, Buy, Sell Hold?"

SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL!!!!!!!

Moss is not going to get any better. It does not matter who is throwing him the ball. It does not matter what team he plays for. Randy Moss will never be the Freak again.

He is a not a must start player in any league format. He is interchangable with any number of guys based on match ups. There are 39 guys ahead of him in yards / game and he has a whopping 3 TDs in 9 games.

Randy will always be a disapointment to his owners. People will a;ways expect better production from him and mark my words Randy Moss will disapoint his fantasy owners until they come to grips with the fact that he is a weak #2 to decent #3 fantasy WR Regatdless of the situation he is in.

I rolled the dice with Randy this year and he's cost me. The dude is done for the year. The Raiders are the worst team in the NFL, terrible coaching, terrible game plan and Moss just doesn't care. I'd say he's a sell, the problem is nobody's buyin.

I just got rid of him for Edge (I do have Holt, Housh, Jennings, and Bryant - start 2). I think he still has quite a bit of upside and his floor cant get much lower, but I needed some RB help. If you can get him for cheap, I'd certainly go after him.
Great deal. As disappointing as Edge has been, it is like comparing Godzilla to Godzookie.

I rolled the dice with Randy this year and he's cost me. The dude is done for the year. The Raiders are the worst team in the NFL, terrible coaching, terrible game plan and Moss just doesn't care. I'd say he's a sell, the problem is nobody's buyin.
It's very interesting and sorta tragic, although he's brought it on himself. Three years ago, the speculation was whether Randy Moss could break Jerry Rice's records. Now, he's looking more and more like a washed up bucket of turds.Through their 6 first seasons:Receiving YardageRice 7,676Moss 8,375TD's Rice 79Moss 77Now Rice is just a far off blip on Moss' horizon.

Maybe the Raiders would get better if they installed Moss at Left Tackle. That line sucks and you know Randy would be seeing plenty of action on every play. A motivated Moss is a dangerous Moss after all.

Users who are viewing this thread