What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RANDY MOSS - Time to DROP him? (1 Viewer)

You would really have to be dumb to flat out drop moss unless you can only carry 3 wrs.
No offense but there are many reasons why Moss is a viable drop and has been for weeks. He is the 56th-ranked WR in my league, for example. His lack of production alone makes him someone worthy of being on WWs. That's not taking into consideration the fact that many leagues have tight roster limits so keeping a player who isn't producing as opposed to someone who is may not make any sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm most likely not starting him, but I'm fairly confident he will have a good week this week with Collins in vs the Jags and their 22 pass TDs (28th ranked) they've given up.

Is anyone really going to trust Moss in a playoff game even if he does go off this week? You just can't risk one of those goose eggs with the title on the line. Add the fact that Britt is coming back for next week's Thursday game and you would have to be crazy or EXTREMELY desperate to start Moss.
I agree with you, you do have to at least be semi desperate. But let's get something straight, Moss has more talent in his big toe than Kenny Britt. Kenny Britt wouldn't be the reason I decided to start Moss or not if I owned Moss.I hope Moss lights it up for those that are going with him. This thread is reminding me of the old Raider threads, how Moss was washed up and nothing left before he went off for 22 or 23 Td's in NE the next year. The TO threads that said he was done in Buffalo and how he's now outplayed No. 85 on his team and is having close to a pro bowl year.If you have solid players already at the position, I wouldn't risk playing Moss either. If I was semi desperate, and you're deciding over guys like BMW this week who may play but even if he does, how long does he go or the Gaffney's of the WR fantasy world, I may lean towards Moss.
While he may not have as much talent as Moss (debateable), no doubt that Britt is a better fantasy option at this point. He has certainly produced more than Moss. Despite not playing since week 7, Britt has more TD's and yards than Moss and only 3 less receptions. Britt caught at least 1 TD every week from week 2 to 7. Britt plays a factor as he is someone else to take already limited targets and Collins probably feels more comfortable with Britt than Moss as they have played together much longer. Moss also still commands a double team leaving Britt with single coverage. If your looking for a Tennessee wr to take advantage of the cupcake playoff sched., Britt is the man.Gaffney or BMW are no brainer starts over Moss in my IMO. They have both been much more productive.

If I had the choice between having Moss on my bench or Moss in my opponents' starting lineup, frankly I think I'd choose the latter.

Finally dropped him this week (redraft) for Obomanu. With the news that Big Mike is probably returning I decided I'd be better off picking up MBush to handcuff McFadden's sweet playoff schedule.

FWIW, I would rather have Britt before Moss at this point.

Moss' last 16 regular season games:

43 catches, 634, 10 TD

2.7 catches per game, 39.6 yards per game

How does anyone trust that type of production over a season's worth of games? He is unrosterable PPR leagues and isn't doing anything in standard leagues either. Unless you get a random TD from him you are in big trouble.

Moss' last 16 regular season games:43 catches, 634, 10 TD2.7 catches per game, 39.6 yards per game How does anyone trust that type of production over a season's worth of games? He is unrosterable PPR leagues and isn't doing anything in standard leagues either. Unless you get a random TD from him you are in big trouble.
10 touchdowns is unrosterable? :lmao:

Moss' last 16 regular season games:43 catches, 634, 10 TD2.7 catches per game, 39.6 yards per game How does anyone trust that type of production over a season's worth of games? He is unrosterable PPR leagues and isn't doing anything in standard leagues either. Unless you get a random TD from him you are in big trouble.
10 touchdowns is unrosterable? :thumbup:
Ok, his upside is 10 pts in a week. TDs are great but aren't worth having a bunch of below average games and then get a TD in one. For a player to be a WR1/WR2 you need consistent production, regardless of TD, every week. If you are solely relying on TD then a player is a WR3/Flex play at best. That is all Moss is at this point. He played the Redskins (w/ Landry and Rogers out) and the Texans and put up a grand total of 3 catches for 23 yards with a goose egg in one of the games. If a WR can't it going against those two opponents then what is the point of rostering him?Even in 12 team leagues that start 3 WR he isn't worth putting your lineup. He is the 63rd ranked WR in my PPR league.

10 touchdowns is unrosterable? :confused:
Yes, he is unrosterable...........1 catch 13 yards

Looking forward to the same thread in a few days with the same exact title followed by yet another stellar 10-yard performance.

Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:
Only Moss that should be rostered in fantasy leagues is Santana.Or Sinorice if you have 25 IR slots.
Sidney in his second game back put up 24.5 in my league. :lmao:

If I had the choice between having Moss on my bench or Moss in my opponents' starting lineup, frankly I think I'd choose the latter.
Agree with this.I dropped him for Jacoby Ford, and frankly Ford has more upside than him.Plus, I'd love to face the sucker who picks him up and actually plays him against me for another goose egg (yes, even against Houston).

Well... I'm thinking on dropping him.

He was my first round draft pick and I've succeeded in beating every member of the league despite his POS bust of a season.

I keep thinking.. crap, if I drop him someone picks him up and then gets to keep him as a Free Agent next season ( in our league FA can be 1 of your 2 keepers at a 10th round pick ). I don't believe Moss is dead, I just think he's dead this season. So this possibility worries me.

However, I've got a shot at a Championship. I'm thinking about adding any valuable players I can just in case a tie break pops up. I may go 5 kickers deep because I know they will all put up points. It's championship time and I really really hoped we would see more from Randy.

The schedule going forward looks good, but maybe the guy has just decided he won't play to earn a contract. That he will not risk his body unless he has that last big contract he wants.?

It doesn't look like Randy is going to be able to carry over the momentum from last week's 1-catch explosion.

10 touchdowns is unrosterable? ;)
Again....Unrosterable. Not just in fantasy football but possibly on an ACTUAL roster.

Moss' last 16 regular season games:

43 catches, 634, 10 TD

2.7 catches per game, 39.6 yards per game

How does anyone trust that type of production over a season's worth of games? He is unrosterable PPR leagues and isn't doing anything in standard leagues either. Unless you get a random TD from him you are in big trouble.
10 touchdowns is unrosterable? ;)
Again....Unrosterable. Not just in fantasy football but possibly on an ACTUAL roster.
I would love to be a fly on the wall as he negotiates with teams this offseason for a big contract. "Well sure... there was that stretch of 12 games where I had only three catches, but I was focused on helping the team any way I could."

from a football perspective-- what's going on here guys? Has Moss' skill diminished to the point where he's no better than an NFL rookie? Could they drop off that quick? Or is he jsut not trying? It seems as if Tenn has given up on him too.

Looks like Tennesee is just going to move forward here. Moss isn't in the plans so why use him. Boy, after two weeks I realize how wrong I was to be happy I got him off waivers.

Man, thinking back to our auction. He wasn't kept and neither was Calvin. I said to myself I am going to pay up to 29 for either of those guys. Calvin came up first for bid and I got him for 28. But I'd have gone 29 for Moss. Pure luck that Calvin came up for auction first because I had them neck and neck.

Raider fans know as well as anyone, Moss only plays when he wants to.
Only it's not a choice anymore.How badly do you think he wishes he shut his mouth earlier this season instead of going off on the 'no appreciation' rant after week 1 in N.E.?

Moss was my 1st round pick (8th overall) in a PPR league this year. Somehow I went 12-1 and made the playoffs with a black hole at one WR spot every week.

No way I start him this year, but I just can't drop him. At this point in the season the WW is empty, and I don't want to go against him even though his odds of going off are less than 10%. The dudes not dead, he just doesn't want to play hard right now. I'll just leave him be on my benches.

Patriots record since getting rid of him: 8-1

Vikings record with him: 1-3

Vikings record since getting rid of him: 3-2

Titans record before him: 5-3

Titans record with him: 0-5

What team is going to want him next year? Nobody, will so he'll probably end up with the Patriots for minimum wage and a lot of incentatives and become a pro bowl player again.

Can't believe I just dropped Randy Moss, didn't pick anyone else up yet, and feel like Im going to sleep better tonight. I read someone on here say they would rather see him in their opponents starting lineup than on his bench. Hoping thats how it plays out.

Patriots record since getting rid of him: 8-1Vikings record with him: 1-3Vikings record since getting rid of him: 3-2Titans record before him: 5-3Titans record with him: 0-5What team is going to want him next year? Nobody, will so he'll probably end up with the Patriots for minimum wage and a lot of incentatives and become a pro bowl player again.
I am sure you realize this claim is faulty on several counts: correlation doesn't prove causation; small sample size; reductionist.

Patriots record since getting rid of him: 8-1Vikings record with him: 1-3Vikings record since getting rid of him: 3-2Titans record before him: 5-3Titans record with him: 0-5What team is going to want him next year? Nobody, will so he'll probably end up with the Patriots for minimum wage and a lot of incentatives and become a pro bowl player again.
I am sure you realize this claim is faulty on several counts: correlation doesn't prove causation; small sample size; reductionist.
Ya, and facts ARE facts.

Yes and you can say that about any presentation of stats. I realize Brad Childress got fired and Vince Young went nuts but can you prove that Moss didn't have any cause of that? Whether directly or indirectly? Moss isn't a team player and his attitude could cause negativity amoung others.

Users who are viewing this thread