What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking Led Zeppelin Songs - Request To Participate (1 Viewer)

I'm not nearly as serious of a Beatles fan as a Zep fan, but would gladly submit a top 25 song list if someone ends up firing up a dedicated thread like this. I would love to see a series of these threads.

I wasn't visiting the FFA when your thread happened, so I'd be happy to be a new data point. 
I'll fire this up.  Now or after you we are done with this?   My choice would be after so we can enjoy this unfold.

It's not my #1 but I think When the Levee Breaks will win this

If not than I really hope that my #1 or #3 do because they are just as deserving

That seems like a big number to me, given their studio catalog is only ~80 songs, excluding outtakes. When FFA did this for other artists like U2 and the Beatles, were there 50+ top 5 songs, and was the percentage of the catalog named as top 5 songs similar? I assume no.

Doesn't surprise me at all.  There are some very popular songs in my bottom third.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Stairway get the #1 slot.

It seems to be the song that will be near the top of most people's lists, while people could have varied tastes for their personal #1.  The fact that most people won't have it #1 could hurt, but consistency would seem to make it a contender.  

:shrug:

It seems to be the song that will be near the top of most people's lists, while people could have varied tastes for their personal #1.  The fact that most people won't have it #1 could hurt, but consistency would seem to make it a contender.  

Earlier in the thread there were some folks who said it wasn’t on their list at all. Whether there are many like them, we don’t know.

Curious to see how many of my top 10 and top 25 match the averages.

I feel pretty confident that my top 5 are my top 5. After that if I kept obsessing about it there could be movement in the tiers. 

cap'n grunge said:
Missed one song and just changed #25 from Custard Pie to Your Time is Going to Come. No more.changes.
Your #25 (Your Time is Gonna Come) is in my Top 5. John Paul Jones' church sounding  hammond intro immediately sucks me in, and the song does not disappoint me from there. I have no expectations of it doing well, but I dig it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your #25 is in my Top 5. John Paul Jones' church sounding  hammond intro immediately sucks me in, and the song does not disappoint me from there. I have no expectations of it doing well, but I dig it.
You couldn't have convinced me custard pie wouldn't make my cut in December. Then it came to decision time and it drew the short straw. Love that song, but...this catalog...

Your #25 is in my Top 5. John Paul Jones' church sounding  hammond intro immediately sucks me in, and the song does not disappoint me from there. I have no expectations of it doing well, but I dig it.
I really like that one too but couldn’t find room for it on my list.

You couldn't have convinced me custard pie wouldn't make my cut in December. Then it came to decision time and it drew the short straw. Love that song, but...this catalog...
I didn't even consider Custard Pie in my Top 25.

It was one of my last cuts. So crazy how many cuts are still just great songs.

My top 5 are probably on very many top 10's but from there on it's probably a bit different because of my preference for Zep III

It was one of my last cuts. So crazy how many cuts are still just great songs.
My first out list a whose who from physical graffiti. Appreciate this exercise because it made my realize how much that work was a sum-of-the-parts.

Sinn Fein said:

nfw.  not this crowd.

ETA:  and I mean that in a good way.

Once I narrowed it down to 25, I started ranking 24 of them and saved Stairway for last to decide where to put it.

Post it when the final list is revealed. I'd like to see it. I don't meet too many people who site III as their favorite.
Will do. He had 6 of its 10 songs, plus a B-side from those sessions.

In contrast, I had only 2, one of which was not on his list.

nfw.  not this crowd.

ETA:  and I mean that in a good way.

We shall see.  I don't think anyone here necessarily has it ranked at the top, and very few in the top-3.  

But, I think it will chart higher than you expect.

My working hypothesis - everyone has a few songs that they absolutely love, and that will be their top 3-4 songs.  I think we see a decent dispersal here, as it reflects everyone's individual tastes.  But, then you get a song like Stairway, where I think people will rank it in that tier just below their top favorites - but it will be there in most lists, as opposed the diversity of the top 3-5 picks.

Your #25 (Your Time is Gonna Come) is in my Top 5. John Paul Jones' church sounding  hammond intro immediately sucks me in, and the song does not disappoint me from there. I have no expectations of it doing well, but I dig it.
Yeah if I'd thought about it longer it could move way up. Was a last minute add as I went thru my playlist a few times and decided that Custard Pie was replaceable. I quick review of all the albums landed me on Your Time and decided thats definitely better than Custard Pie and I slotted it in.

We shall see.  I don't think anyone here necessarily has it ranked at the top, and very few in the top-3.  

But, I think it will chart higher than you expect.

My working hypothesis - everyone has a few songs that they absolutely love, and that will be their top 3-4 songs.  I think we see a decent dispersal here, as it reflects everyone's individual tastes.  But, then you get a song like Stairway, where I think people will rank it in that tier just below their top favorites - but it will be there in most lists, as opposed the diversity of the top 3-5 picks.
You could be right. My top 5 is my longtime favorites that I have always felt strongly about. I have Stairway in the next tier. 

I just send my revised final version...5 new songs. I had my #7 written down on paper on my first list but for some reason it wasn't on the list I submitted. Always been on of my favorites. 

I thought it was hard the first time but holy #### it seemed a thousand times harder this time. 

I will say it was a lot of fun.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread