What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (1 Viewer)

I picked him up everywhere I can.  Starting him in a couple leagues where I don't have a lot of options.  

I worry about the Rams matchup.  I also worry they may spread the carries out.  

I'm starting him over Gaskin, Damien Harris, SF RB's, Michael Carter.  

I think he's just behind guys like Jacobs, Edmonds, Mike Davis and even Damien Williams

Honestly the scariest thing is if on his first few carries he fumbles. He has fumble issues. I'll be holding my breath every carry.

Been a fan of his since his days as a Razorback. He looked fresh and crisp last week.

2nd-highest projected points game by Vegas. Starting him in 5 leagues....hoping to see the Riverdance.

Alex Collins rushed 15 times for 47 yards in the Seahawks' Week 5 loss to the Rams, adding two receptions for 25 additional yards. 

It was a less than sterling spot start in place of Chris Carson (neck), if not an outright disaster. Collins ceded eight touches to reserves DeeJay Dallas and Travis Homer and never got a shot at a goal-line carry with each of the Seahawks' touchdowns coming from distance. Collins probably showed just enough to get another RB2/FLEX crack at it if Carson can't go for Week 6 against the Steelers. That will be especially true if Russell Wilson (finger) is sidelined, forcing the Seahawks to lean more heavily on their rushing attack. 

Oct 8, 2021, 12:03 AM ET

Not a terrible performance, but certainly expected more. I decided to roll Damian Harris out there over him this week. Please God help me. Collins will be a hold until more news comes out on Carson. 

Thank goodness for the last two garbage receptions. 8 points was not what I was looking for but certainly not disastrous.

This situation now looks murky. Especially with the Wilson injury (which could be mallet finger). 

@PIT next week. Maybe Geno under center. I own both Carson and Collins. May avoid entirely until some things shake out here. Holding Collins though without a doubt.

Alex Collins played 71 percent of the Seahawks' offensive snaps in Week 5 against the Rams. 

It's notable that Collins managed a hefty share of the snaps with Chris Carson (neck) sidelined even though Seattle was in catchup mode in the fourth quarter. Collins -- who ran a route on 58 percent of Seattle's drop backs -- salvaged his PPR fantasy day with two late receptions for 25 yards to go along with his 15 carries for 47 yards. Though DeeJay Dallas ate into Collins' pass catching work, it's clear Collins is something close to a workhorse when Carson is sidelined. Carson has ten days to get right before the Seahawks take on the Steelers in Week 6. 

RELATED: 

Chris Carson

SOURCE: Jared Smola on Twitter 

Oct 8, 2021, 12:23 PM ET

kyoun1e said:
Thank goodness for the last two garbage receptions. 8 points was not what I was looking for but certainly not disastrous.

This situation now looks murky. Especially with the Wilson injury (which could be mallet finger). 

@PIT next week. Maybe Geno under center. I own both Carson and Collins. May avoid entirely until some things shake out here. Holding Collins though without a doubt.

Yea I think with Wilson out the wheels  come off the seahawks.  They are both bench warmers until i see otherwise

I also started him this week. Not crazy about the results but I was encouraged by how much overall he was involved. Now I’m not too sure with Wilson being out how significant Carson or Collins will be going forward.

I also started him this week. Not crazy about the results but I was encouraged by how much overall he was involved. Now I’m not too sure with Wilson being out how significant Carson or Collins will be going forward.

The offense overall will probably be less effective (duh), but Seattle may need to run the ball more with Geno.

Gotta think minus Wilson, you're not going to be seeing bombs away as much anymore and with that god awful defense a more balanced approach is warranted.

This may actually turn into a positive for both Carson and Collins.

I'm inclined to make him my next drop when the next move needs to be made. Feels like Thursday was his best shot getting the majority of the work, and he wasn't very impressive IMHO. Now Russ is hurt. The OL is meh. Mix in Carson and Penny returning, and it just seems like a non-rewarding mess. At Pittsburgh and then New Orleans don't look great on the schedule the next two.

On the flip side, Carson has a worrisome neck condition, and when Penny returns he will probably be injured again as soon as someone breathes on him. Potential starting RBs with good volume aren't easy to find. There's a good case for holding. 

Wish he'd have had a better game with a TD so I could trade him.  

So the good news. Collins suddenly finds himself a starting RB with a huge volume of work coming his way. The bad news. Wilson being out means he is going to face stacked fronts. If he doesnt deliver, there are guys behind him salivating at the chance. 

Intriguing time for Collins. Hard to change whether you should cash in now and trade him before he shows his hand or ride it out as a starting caliber RB. 

So the good news. Collins suddenly finds himself a starting RB with a huge volume of work coming his way. The bad news. Wilson being out means he is going to face stacked fronts. If he doesnt deliver, there are guys behind him salivating at the chance. 

Intriguing time for Collins. Hard to change whether you should cash in now and trade him before he shows his hand or ride it out as a starting caliber RB. 
Cash out...this Seahawks defense is terrible and who knows what a geno Smith offense will do? Lol and he will probably lose passing down and 2 minute to deejay. I'm gonna start him but I have no idea why lol

Cash out...this Seahawks defense is terrible and who knows what a geno Smith offense will do? Lol and he will probably lose passing down and 2 minute to deejay. I'm gonna start him but I have no idea why lol
Starting him also. Mainly because he's going to get a huge chunk of volume. 

But I am also trying to see what I can get for him. 

CMc / Carson owner here, and I'm starting Collins tonight, over Javonte Williams.  Zack Moss and Herbert available on waiver wire. 

I just need a "floor" performance based on my league matchup.  Also, it gives me "action" and a reason to watch SNF.   ;)

CMc / Carson owner here, and I'm starting Collins tonight, over Javonte Williams.  Zack Moss and Herbert available on waiver wire. 

I just need a "floor" performance based on my league matchup.  Also, it gives me "action" and a reason to watch SNF.   ;)
How are both of those still available on the wire

Carson/Collins owner, right now have him on the bench with Beckham in my flex (over him). Kinda feel like Beckham has the higher ceiling (against AZ) which is what is what I need from my matchup today. Collins probably has a safer floor but really no idea what the Geno led SEA offense will look like. I do think Geno is good for Collins, as he will check down more than Russell, IMO. And not too worried about Collins come out, he gets a good snap share. Just kinda worried the entire SEA offense will be a bit stagnant this week and hence the lower ceiling.

Looked like he got INJ on that sideline play late in 4th QTR?

I don't remember him coming back in the game after that.

Looked like he got INJ on that sideline play late in 4th QTR?

I don't remember him coming back in the game after that.
Owned him in all 4 of my Sleeper leagues, and are gonna lose two of them because of that.  Hope he's available next week.  I haven't seen a drop of injury news.

I'm not sure it was an injury or not. It was weird game situation. Seattle basically went to their 2 min offense the rest of the game which meant Deejay and Homer. Guess we'll find out on Tues or Wed.

Users who are viewing this thread