What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Bijan Robinson, ATL (2 Viewers)

Too early to dance on his grave. He'll probably be fine long-term, but it's another example of why you have to step out of the draft hype machine. So much click-bait out there every year trying to hype up some guy as the "best prospect since...". I'm all for getting hyped on big talent, but you pay a steeper price for false positives than false negatives. The kid was already being valued like an elite asset without playing an NFL game. As an asset, very little growth potential and lots of downside. You need to be 100% right in these cases.

Really the same story with Pitts, who I felt was closer to justifying the "generational" hype. Anything less than a Tony Gonzalez outcome and his value starts decaying.

Fantasy players are so fickle.

I’ll offer this bit of advice; if the owner in your league is panicking on Bijan, capitalize now and buy him low.

A year from now you won’t be regretting it.
1000000%. If I’m wrong betting on him, so be it. The problem is the coach is vintage 1970 mentality and they have no QB. I don’t know how you don’t work to get the ball into the hands of London, Pitts and Bijan. Very good, skilled players but he feeds Patterson, Allgeire and all the other lesser talents.

My biggest issue isn’t Bijan, it’s the coach and QB.

I’ll offer this bit of advice; if the owner in your league is panicking on Bijan, capitalize now and buy him low.

1000000%. If I’m wrong betting on him, so be it. The problem is the coach is vintage 1970 mentality and they have no QB. I don’t know how you don’t work to get the ball into the hands of London, Pitts and Bijan. Very good, skilled players but he feeds Patterson, Allgeire and all the other lesser talents.

My biggest issue isn’t Bijan, it’s the coach and QB.

1) Not everyone is in a dynasty league.

2) Pretty sure about 99% of people complaining are directing there criticism at the coaching, not Bijan.

possibly.

I dont question the guys talent but more the way the team is using him at times. he should be doing a whole lot better than he is....

but then again if playing devils advocate.......if you dont think you have a superbowl calibre team, why run down your best RB? might as well wait until you are a contending team. RB's seem to be having shorter and shorter careers. used to be that you could play til 30 but more and more RB's are done by the age of 28 if usage is heavy. so maybe there is some value in not over useing him when the team isnt ready for a superbowl run anyhow.

so I do have mixed feelings about the guy, but this weeks performance was poor. I never got to watch the game but I'm gonna try to catch it on replay later tonight as I am curious on what went so wrong.

possibly.

I dont question the guys talent but more the way the team is using him at times. he should be doing a whole lot better than he is....

but then again if playing devils advocate.......if you dont think you have a superbowl calibre team, why run down your best RB? might as well wait until you are a contending team. RB's seem to be having shorter and shorter careers. used to be that you could play til 30 but more and more RB's are done by the age of 28 if usage is heavy. so maybe there is some value in not over useing him when the team isnt ready for a superbowl run anyhow.

so I do have mixed feelings about the guy, but this weeks performance was poor. I never got to watch the game but I'm gonna try to catch it on replay later tonight as I am curious on what went so wrong.

LOL I think this is as optimistic as one can be after today's trainwreck.

Don't question his talent? The guy has two 100 yard rushing games, his long this year is 38 yards. I dont really care what the circumstance is of his usage, that is at least a note of concern for a guy advertised as generational. And I'm not bashing anyone, I had the same thought seeing him in college. But not everyone translates. I thought he was can't miss, and the story isn't written, even on this season, but watching him next to Gibbs, Achane and Mitchell... he hasn't shown that burst or hop.

I just went through his game logs, I know he's had some more TD since then but really he hasn't struck me as the same player since that 1 carry game when he was a dealing with the Migraine or whatever that was.

I do believe Smith his the problem, but I will say this, Arthur Smith ran a pretty good run game last year and a player of Bijans sort should be able to overcome some diminished usage. 7 carries for 11 yards today with a FL as a team with a chance to win their division vs a team who's dead as can be. Yes he should get more touches but he's not earning them to be sure.

He may be more mid than we are willing to accept. Thought we were getting the next Saquan and we may have the next CEH

Last edited:
Don't question his talent? The guy has two 100 yard rushing games, his long this year is 38 yards. I dont really care what the circumstance is of his usage, that is at least a note of concern for a guy advertised as generational. And I'm not bashing anyone, I had the same thought seeing him in college. But not everyone translates. I thought he was can't miss, and the story isn't written, even on this season, but watching him next to Gibbs, Achane and Mitchell... he hasn't shown that burst or hop.

I just went through his game logs, I know he's had some more TD since then but really he hasn't struck me as the same player since that 1 carry game when he was a dealing with the Migraine or whatever that was.

I do believe Smith his the problem, but I will say this, Arthur Smith ran a pretty good run game last year and a player of Bijou's sort should be able to overcome some diminished usage. 7 carries for 11 yards today with a FL as a team with a chance to win their division vs a team who's dead as can be. Yes he should get more touches but he's not earning them to be sure.

He may be more mid than we are willing to accept. Thought we were getting the next Saquan and we may have the next CEH

Saquon looked like the next CEH today also.

I wouldn't overreact about his long-term prospects, but Smack Tripper's point is a good one. But before I tie myself to a position I will just say "tough day" for Bijan.

I do believe Smith his the problem, but I will say this, Arthur Smith ran a pretty good run game last year and a player of Bijou's sort should be able to overcome some diminished usage. 7 carries for 11 yards today with a FL as a team with a chance to win their division vs a team who's dead as can be. Yes he should get more touches but he's not earning them to be sure.

Barkley post 20 FF points today?

lDon't question his talent? The guy has two 100 yard rushing games, his long this year is 38 yards. I dont really care what the circumstance is of his usage, that is at least a note of concern for a guy advertised as generational. And I'm not bashing anyone, I had the same thought seeing him in college. But not everyone translates. I thought he was can't miss, and the story isn't written, even on this season, but watching him next to Gibbs, Achane and Mitchell... he hasn't shown that burst or hop.

Barkley post 20 FF points today?
I'm talking about his rookie impact of top end picks, 1st rounders/1st RB taken

the first round RB is obviously a much rarer happenstance these days so I think we put some more stock in them being "sure things". Or at least I do anyway.

For our purposes, Barkley didn't disappoint as a FF draft pick as a rookie, CEH did

As fickle as it sounds - my only theory left is Arthur Smith hates star players who get a lot of attention - son of a billionaire type behavior. His refusal to feed his stars (which is what EVERY good team does) is baffling. I think he was legitimately happy when Bijan fumbled. Falcons overall roster talent is at least average to above average this year and this dumbass just lost to Carolina who is as depleted as there is out there. In an embarrassing loss the humor of it all is we sit here Monday where Tyler Allgeier led usage by a wide margin in the backfield, and Jonnu Smith was the leading receiver. Arthur Smith is a clown.

Bijan we know it's not your fault.

As fickle as it sounds - my only theory left is Arthur Smith hates star players who get a lot of attention - son of a billionaire type behavior. His refusal to feed his stars (which is what EVERY good team does) is baffling. I think he was legitimately happy when Bijan fumbled. Falcons overall roster talent is at least average to above average this year and this dumbass just lost to Carolina who is as depleted as there is out there. In an embarrassing loss the humor of it all is we sit here Monday where Tyler Allgeier led usage by a wide margin in the backfield, and Jonnu Smith was the leading receiver. Arthur Smith is a clown.

Who is the star player he hates?

7 carries for 11 yards against Carolina. I'm not saying its his fault but those are some cold hard numbers.

7 carries for 11 yards against Carolina. I'm not saying its his fault but those are some cold hard numbers.
And Aligeier had 12 carries for 43 yards against that same team..

I honestly feel if Aligeier was the full time starter he be a top 10 RB.. I love the way the kid runs, why I think the pick of Robinson was such a waste.

Hope Tyler moves ion to another team where he can get more work.

I honestly feel if Aligeier was the full time starter he be a top 10 RB.. I love the way the kid runs, why I think the pick of Robinson was such a waste.

Let’s not be silly.

Allgeier is averaging 3.5 ypc this season on 166 carries. Bijan is averaging 4.6 on 176 carries.

Allgeier has 13 catches for 89 yards. Bijan has 41 catches for 323 yards.

The two are not the same. Anyone suggesting Allgeier is in Bijan’s ballpark are either Allgeier dynasty owners or just woefully ignorant.

Let’s not be silly.

Allgeier is averaging 3.5 ypc this season on 166 carries. Bijan is averaging 4.6 on 176 carries.

The two are not the same. Anyone suggesting Allgeier is in Bijan’s ballpark are either Allgeier dynasty owners or just woefully ignorant.
I do feel like we are missing a piece of this puzzle, is he hurt, is he not able to hold up to the load? Because logically it certainly doesn't make sense, arthur smith may be illogical, but it also feels like theres not much internal buzz. Like is everyone ok with this?

Let’s not be silly.

I do feel like we are missing a piece of this puzzle, is he hurt, is he not able to hold up to the load? Because logically it certainly doesn't make sense, arthur smith may be illogical, but it also feels like theres not much internal buzz. Like is everyone ok with this?
There could be an issue with Bijan’s ability but it is not like he is the only highly skilled player that doesn’t get enough touches in Atlanta. There is something going on with the HC not using his best players enough and should result in his dismissal in a few weeks.

Let’s not be silly.

Allegier also had a 1000 yards last year.. Why on earth would you select a RB at #8, when you just had a rookie run for a 1000 yards. Let's be real, picking Bijan at 8 was not a good move.

Robinson just is not a guy that is going to take a franchise to the next level.. I am sorry, he is a guy to me. Nothing special.

Let’s not be silly.

There could be an issue with Bijan’s ability but it is not like he is the only highly skilled player that doesn’t get enough touches in Atlanta. There is something going on with the HC not using his best players enough and should result in his dismissal in a few weeks.
Or just maybe he isn't they guy they thought he was.. Nothing wrong with admitting that..

He was absolutely horrible yesterday.. Love everyone trying to find every excuse for his performance and fumble. Bottom line, he just wasn;'t good.

Let’s not be silly.

Anything is possible, but I doubt any significant issue is with Bijan as a player.

Bijan has succeeded when given the workload while Arthur Smith has misused multiple players (Pitts, London, Bijan, not being able to tell Ridder is trash) for years. It’s a pattern and intentional…

I think it’s clearly at the feet of Arthur Smith. The guy will scheme open 3rd string TEs by using his 3 most talented players as decoys of misdirection. AS has been doing it all season (and last season) but the criticism was mostly tamped down because ATL eked out a few close games.

The only issue that I can possibly blame Bijan for is mentally checking out because he doesn’t buy into the system, if you can call it that. That’s not inexcusable, but a lot of players have fallen victim to that. The entire Jets and Commanders teams seemed to have checked out due to poor leadership, no fight in them yesterday at all.

It’s almost like Arthur knew it was week one of most fantasy playoffs and decided he’d stick it to us.
Wouldn’t be shocked if part of this were true. Coaches sometimes joke about fantasy football and for all we know, Arthur has read all these ongoing comments from FF enthusiasts calling for his head and exacted a bit of revenge. I’d like to think that all coaches push all this FF aside, but they’re humans too.

Crucial game, bad weather, seems like a good time to play Bijan his least snaps in a game( other then his migraine game)

It’s almost like Arthur knew it was week one of most fantasy playoffs and decided he’d stick it to us.
I have said this numerous times now on this board so apologies if I sound like a broken record, but I am 100% convinced at this point that at least some of Smith’s decisions this year have been to troll fantasy players.

That, combined with his Smartest Man in the Room complex, has been positively devastating for any fantasy players with Falcons this year.

Anyone touting that Bijan just isn’t as good as we thought he would be haven’t watched the games and haven’t looked at the stats. Bottom line. I guess Pitts and London are complete busts as well? And Ridder is the next Purdy?

There’s a common denominator here, people. It’s clear as day. I’ll say it again; if Bijan owners in your league are panicking and questioning his talent like some of the posters in this thread, go and friggin’ get him.

Crucial game, bad weather, seems like a good time to play Bijan his least snaps in a game( other then his migraine game)

Was Bijan in on it too to put up 1.5 ypc and a fumble?
Love the cherry-picking.

Breece averaged 2 ypc yesterday too. Saquon averaged 1.6.

Love the cherry-picking.

Yes and it’s pretty dumbed down conversation citing YPC on 7 carries.

Love the cherry-picking.

Yes and it’s pretty dumbed down conversation citing YPC on 7 carries.

Exactly, let's save that for the Derrick Henry thread. If we are all lucky, may Arthur will "go back home" to Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread