What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Breece Hall, NYJ (1 Viewer)

How do people value Breece going forward? Seemingly an elite RB caught in a bad O. I'm thinking of trying to trade for him, he'd be a keep valued at a 3rd rounder next year.

Is DeVonta Smith + Brian Robinson at all close in value to Breece? Too little, too much?

I also have Diontae Johnson, Doubs, or Bourne to include or sub in for?

How do people value Breece going forward? Seemingly an elite RB caught in a bad O. I'm thinking of trying to trade for him, he'd be a keep valued at a 3rd rounder next year.

Is DeVonta Smith + Brian Robinson at all close in value to Breece? Too little, too much?

CMC and ETN are probably the only guys I have in his tier for the next 1.5 seasons.

I looked at Breece a little more and I think hes RB1 for dynasty and nipping at CMC in redraft but the Jets are just bad enough that there are likely some dud games out there that he can't control. He's the most talented RB in the NFL.

I looked at Breece a little more and I think hes RB1 for dynasty and nipping at CMC in redraft but the Jets are just bad enough that there are likely some dud games out there that he can't control. He's the most talented RB in the NFL.
I think I’d rather have Breece because I don’t think CMC makes it the whole season without injury.

I think I’d rather have Breece because I don’t think CMC makes it the whole season without injury.
Breece is so good and I get the injury thing but I still give CMC the nod just because of how much better the SF offense is

Breece is so good and I get the injury thing but I still give CMC the nod just because of how much better the SF offense is
Agreed if cmc is healthy it’s almost a guarantee he gets you rb1 points. I just think they are over using him. Deebo and Trent Williams already banged up too

Mentioned in the Kincaid thread I had all those TE's on the same team and also have a Breece/CMC team.

I would take Breece in dynasty and hate to say this but not that close. But despite this fantasy season being an older player revival I'm still age/usage averse in dynasty, especially at RB. CMC is for sure the current RB1 and he may be an outlier in the aging process with his unique skill set but I can't get past the 5 year age hurdle, that's most effective RB careers.

For me RB1 in dynasty is between Bijan and Breece. Had them 1 and 2 entering the season, Breece closed that gap based on how he's returned from injury. Bijan is who I thought he was.

Don't know your format but I would not view those offers as very good. I'd need more meat on the bone, Devonta is only player in this group I view as having real tangible long range value, the only person who would draw back a future first in my leagues. Getting a second for any of the others would not be easy and a few of them I view as roster cloggers. But I do play in mainly smaller roster dynasty leagues.

Can truly say if you offered me all 5 players it would be an easy pass.

Don't know your format but I would not view those offers as very good. I'd need more meat on the bone, Devonta is only player in this group I view as having real tangible long range value, the only person who would draw back a future first in my leagues. Getting a second for any of the others would not be easy and a few of them I view as roster cloggers. But I do play in mainly smaller roster dynasty leagues.

Can truly say if you offered me all 5 players it would be an easy pass.
Smith + Robinsion is about half way there IMO. I traded Breece over the summer and got Tyreek, Gabe Davis and I think a 3rd. The general consensus here was that I should have got more. Which I get but also, Tyreek!

For me RB1 in dynasty is between Bijan and Breece. Had them 1 and 2 entering the season, Breece closed that gap based on how he's returned from injury. Bijan is who I thought he was.

Could you pen a letter to Falcons Front Office and Coaches? I farmed out most of my RBs and drafted Bijan; believing he would have a tremendous career, starting with his rookie season. His usage is mind blowing.

Hard to believe Arthur Smith is long for this league based on his inability to involve playmakers like Bijan, Pitts and London. I understand Ridder is not elite but... you should be able to move the ball riding those weapons.

With Boyle starting, I wonder if it's time to bench Breece. I have the option to start only 1 RB in the sole league where I have him and thinking I will sub in a WR, Keaton Mitchell or Khalil Herbert for his spot (Brian Robinson likely a lock as the lone RB).
If Hall performs anyway or it's Semian in week 12 then maybe...

With Boyle starting, I wonder if it's time to bench Breece. I have the option to start only 1 RB in the sole league where I have him and thinking I will sub in a WR, Keaton Mitchell or Khalil Herbert for his spot (Brian Robinson likely a lock as the lone RB).
You tanking?

You tanking?
No - but questioning how many if any TD's will be scored by the Jets offense with Boyle. I guess I want to see it first in this instance. Except I expect that someone else starts in week 13.
The other reason is that I also have Chase on the same team.

this week and going forward the issue for breece will be the negative game planning. semien was the better choice, as he can play a little from what i remember seeing, boyle can not. boyle is a less athletic wilson and that should scare everyone. figure the jets to be down 10-14 early, forcing boyle to throw more. now, some of those will likely be check downs to breece since can’t hackett lost his lol 3rd down back in carter. but running down 20 will be tough. if the jets use semien at some point, breece could have average value. until then, meh. counter point, can’t hackett will likely have a conservative plan and force the ball to hall into the middle of an awful O line. meh. luckily the jets, desperate for a WR drafted ole mcdonald instead of flowers, njigba and the viking wr.

Michael Carter getting cut was a godsend for Hall. The Jets would always run the 2-minute drill with Carter in there, and it was dump off after dump off. Yesterday they had Hall in there instead, and it was dump off after dump off -- but to a guy who actually knew what to do with it. Granted, it's not the ideal way I want my prized fantasy RB to be used, but points are points.

Michael Carter getting cut was a godsend for Hall. The Jets would always run the 2-minute drill with Carter in there, and it was dump off after dump off. Yesterday they had Hall in there instead, and it was dump off after dump off -- but to a guy who actually knew what to do with it. Granted, it's not the ideal way I want my prized fantasy RB to be used, but points are points.

7 Att 25 Rush Yds

7 Rec 24 Rec Yds

11.90 ppr pts

:confetti:

• 6:40 PM | Rotowire.com

Seven catches with Boyle at QB​

Hall rushed seven times for 25 yards and caught seven of nine targets for 24 yards in Friday's 34-13 loss to the Dolphins.

Advice: New York's offense was no better on the whole in Tim Boyle's first start at quarterback after Zach Wilson's benching, but on a positive note for Hall, Boyle's desire to get the ball out more quickly resulted in Hall tying his season high in targets.

New York's banged up and ineffective offensive line isn't opening up any holes, so Hall has been held to fewer than 30 rushing yards in each of the past three games. Hall's seven carries marked his lowest total since Week 4 with the Jets playing catch up, but he's likely to see more volume on the ground in Week 13 against the Falcons while continuing to play a three-down role in New York's backfield.

7 Att 25 Rush Yds

7 Rec 24 Rec Yds

11.90 ppr pts

:confetti:
Really wished they’d let him plunge that one in from the 1.

Sincerely,

Someone who started Breece, going against Wilson.

I take back what I said about Breece vs Pollard as it pertains to redraft. I completley underestimated how bad this offense could be.

Prime years wasting away. What a shame
I am curious to see what his dynasty value is moving forward. This could very well be a problem rolling into next year as well and then you are talking about 3 years without real production.
It’s frustrating for sure but he is rb14 on the year and around rb6 since his snap limits were lifted. That’s some real production. It really shouldn’t be that hard for the Jets to get a decent backup, making it all the more frustrating they didn’t bring in someone (anyone!) with a pulse at the position this year.

In addition to the QB issue the O line is atrocious.

that's really the issue. They have 3 out of 5 starters out (4/5 from the start of the year, since Tippman was on the bench the first month) and the 2 guys still playing are a rookie (tippman) and an overpaid FA mistake (Tomlinson). Just like last year, the blocking has totally fallen apart since AVT went down.

Becton and 39 year old Duane brown arent' great, but they're better than a 4th round rookie (who played his first game yesterday) and a 4th year 2nd round guy who couldn't block ME at this point (mitchell)

its the perfect storm of a team that can't block and a QB that nobody respects (meaning everyone can just load up against the run)

that's really the issue. They have 3 out of 5 starters out (4/5 from the start of the year, since Tippman was on the bench the first month) and the 2 guys still playing are a rookie (tippman) and an overpaid FA mistake (Tomlinson). Just like last year, the blocking has totally fallen apart since AVT went down.

Becton and 39 year old Duane brown arent' great, but they're better than a 4th round rookie (who played his first game yesterday) and a 4th year 2nd round guy who couldn't block ME at this point (mitchell)

its the perfect storm of a team that can't block and a QB that nobody respects (meaning everyone can just load up against the run)
Becton will be back next game, and Brown came back yesterday I read although he may have played limited snaps

If they can avoid more injuries the OL is getting healthier but they still need a QB to keep the defense honest

Appears to have ‘tweaked’ his hamstring in Week 12.

He’s listed as a LP today which is new.

Fantasy Drs says "This is likely very minor, because if it was more severe he wouldn’t have been able to practice today at all."

Whatever, I've been looking for any excuse to bench him. That OL is pathetic and the matchup kind of sucks.

Becton will be back next game, and Brown came back yesterday I read although he may have played limited snaps

If they can avoid more injuries the OL is getting healthier but they still need a QB to keep the defense honest
Brown is not back yet, although he's practiced fully for several weeks now :confused:
They just had to activate him Thursday so that he'd be able to come back at some point this season

Fantasy Drs says "This is likely very minor, because if it was more severe he wouldn’t have been able to practice today at all."

Whatever, I've been looking for any excuse to bench him. That OL is pathetic and the matchup kind of sucks.
FBG really high on Hall this week

FBG really high on Hall this week
Not sure why I don’t have a choice I have to start him but expect little with that awful qb and oline and coach.

70-182-2.6-1 rushing the ball the last 6 weeks

always gets points in PPR though

last 5 weeks: 72.0 in PPR, good for RB10
last 3 weeks: 40.7, RB14

edit

FTR I'm starting Gibbs/Pacheco and choosing between Warren and Zach Moss for the Flex

Have not been in this thread in awhile and some of the sour takes on Hall are pretty surprising to me.

Had no expectations early for him. Since week 5 he's RB6 in PPG. Yes he's a PPR cheat code but I don't care, points are points. Getting rid of Carter was a godsend and has enabled to him to have a solid floor even when everything else goes wrong, which it mainly has. I could not be happier investing in him myself.

Have not been in this thread in awhile and some of the sour takes on Hall are pretty surprising to me.

Had no expectations early for him. Since week 5 he's RB6 in PPG. Yes he's a PPR cheat code but I don't care, points are points. Getting rid of Carter was a godsend and has enabled to him to have a solid floor even when everything else goes wrong, which it mainly has. I could not be happier investing in him myself.

He's finished in the range of 60-to-70 percent snap shares six games in a row, utilization has been great. The offense is dreck but he is always a threat to bust a long one or take a pass to the house.

He's finished in the range of 60-to-70 percent snap shares six games in a row, utilization has been great. The offense is dreck but he is always a threat to bust a long one or take a pass to the house.
Agree.

I'll say if they had not got rid of Carter he'd be someone I'd be looking to bench, may not be able, but I'd be hunting for something better. It's sort of odd, but have seen it happen in other situations, were Carter himself was barely scoring or getting the ball a lot but removing him has been a bit of a boon for Breece and gave me a lot more confidence starting him. It's saving him from needing to break the big plays to not just totally bust out. Nice floor with big play potential is not so bad to me.

Agree.

I'll say if they had not got rid of Carter he'd be someone I'd be looking to bench, may not be able, but I'd be hunting for something better. It's sort of odd, but have seen it happen in other situations, were Carter himself was barely scoring or getting the ball a lot but removing him has been a bit of a boon for Breece and gave me a lot more confidence starting him. It's saving him from needing to break the big plays to not just totally bust out. Nice floor with big play potential is not so bad to me.

I'm looking at PPG over the last 4 weeks for my roster:
  • Gibbs RB5 19.67
  • Warren RB10 17.25
  • Pacheco RB20 14.20
  • Mitchell RB22 13.75 (bye - wouldn't be a serious consideration anyway)
  • Hall RB27 12.68
  • Moss RB63 3.93 (obvs with JT out could be a kingmaker based on volume)

Agree.

I'm looking at PPG over the last 4 weeks for my roster:
  • Gibbs RB5 19.67
  • Warren RB10 17.25
  • Pacheco RB20 14.20
  • Mitchell RB22 13.75 (bye - wouldn't be a serious consideration anyway)
  • Hall RB27 12.68
  • Moss RB63 3.93 (obvs with JT out could be a kingmaker based on volume)
If those are my options this week I probably got Hall 4th for this upcoming week.

Breece Hall (hamstring) was limited in Thursday’s practice.

Two limited practices for Hall shouldn’t be worrisome for fantasy managers. What’s far more concerning for Hall is his fantasy value with Tim Boyle under center. The Jets managed just 2.9 yards per play in Week 12 against the Dolphins, while Hall totaled 49 scoreless yards on 14 touches. His seven receptions kept his value high in PPR leagues, but Hall will be hard to trust in Week 13 against the Falcons, even if he’s healthy. He’s a mid to low-end RB2 at best.

This offense is killing him. This isn't a sour take on Hall; it's just that this offense is dysfunctional. I'd expect it to remain that way the next two weeks. If your league is like mine and it's only half PPR for all or RB receptions, then Breece has likely been hindering your team.

Last 70 rushing attempts for 182 yards (2.6 ypc). Any qualms about the guy, dynasty wise? Random variation? Do they have a terrible o-line? No pass game = defense commits to stopping the run?

If I could give Swift and a mid-late first for Hall and a early-mid second, that would seem like a win, no?

Last 70 rushing attempts for 182 yards (2.6 ypc). Any qualms about the guy, dynasty wise? Random variation? Do they have a terrible o-line? No pass game = defense commits to stopping the run?

If I could give Swift and a mid-late first for Hall and an early-mid second, that would seem like a win, no?
I would reject and not counter that offer.

If I could give Swift and a mid-late first for Hall and a early-mid second, that would seem like a win, no?
I think he's a talented back in a murky situation until we see otherwise.

Maybe Rodgers comes back next year and it's all gumdrops and rainbows and SB titles.

Or, and remember, this is the Jets. Or.......a 41 year old QB/GM is not going to save them?

If I could give Swift and a mid-late first for Hall and an early-mid second, that would seem like a win, no?

I woul reject that without hesitation as a Hall shareholder.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Breece . . . . . Swift
Scrim Yds/game . . . . . 87.2 . . . . . 77.0
Rec/game . . . . . . . . . . . 3.2 . . . . . . 3.7
R+R TD/game . . . . . . . 0.50 . . . . . 0.59

Both have missed significant time due to injuries, but Breece due to one major injury and Swift due to several nagging injuries. I suppose the 2 1/3 years of age difference is pretty significant. But also gives Swift a larger sample size (51 games vs 18 games). I'm sure nobody thinks Breece's 18-game career sample size is a fluke, though.

So is it mostly the injury and age making the large gap to you guys?

ETA: Or perhaps the "eyeball test" comes into the equation here?

I woul reject that without hesitation as a Hall shareholder.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Breece . . . . . Swift
Scrim Yds/game . . . . . 87.2 . . . . . 77.0
Rec/game . . . . . . . . . . . 3.2 . . . . . . 3.7
R+R TD/game . . . . . . . 0.50 . . . . . 0.59

Both have missed significant time due to injuries, but Breece due to one major injury and Swift due to several nagging injuries. I suppose the 2 1/3 years of age difference is pretty significant. But also gives Swift a larger sample size (51 games vs 18 games). I'm sure nobody thinks Breece's 18-game career sample size is a fluke, though.

So is it mostly the injury and age making the large gap to you guys?

ETA: Or perhaps the "eyeball test" comes into the equation here?
Comparing stats for a dude who’s on the Jets with ZW & a host of tomato cans at QB does nothing for my evaluation.

Hall is a monster, he’s young, and he’s proved he’s a FF monster when healthy.

& at some point the Jets will have a competent QB (ok, this could be wishful thinking) and we’re going to see a top tier FF asset.

I don’t have Swift on the same level, and as a dude who used to roster him, the numerous injury concerns are a factor. He’s also on a team with a TD vulture QB, and a couple other RB that get into the mix. IIRC it’s been Gainwell in on 100% of the Jets 2 min drills.

I have Hall as elite, and Swift as a RB2 with upside.

This year Swift is probably more valuable. But that’s irrelevant to me in dynasty.

Users who are viewing this thread