What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Carlos Hyde, JAC (2 Viewers)

TartanLion said:
Wow. Of course he is the one RB in my corps that I'd decided I def wasn't starting this week. He'll probably outscore all the others. Could be a great time to sell high.
I stewed on it, but couldn't put him into my Flex. Still deciding between Breida, Lynch, or T.Y. now. Still nice to see him perform. His value just went to solid RB 2 no doubt.

Bojang0301 said:
Disagree, now is the time to buy or hold. Competent QB play is so important to RB success, especially a back like Hyde. If Baker can get them in positive game scripts they will run Hyde into the ground. He has 21.7 touches per the last three games. Good luck finding that in a return.
Hold Hyde, and try to get Chubb. This running back situation should be good all year.

was trying to bench him in my 16 team league but with Bell and Olsen out I didn't have anyone else to turn to. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

Is this schtick or do you really think that was a good offer? It wasn’t. 
Would have done it in a heartbeat. No way that guy makes the playoffs. All because he was too stupid and too stubborn to move a sunk cost. The only way anyone should be holding Bell is if they have Conner. Guy is out on jet skis and clubbin, he won’t be back until week 10 and two more weeks of him not being there will make people finally realize that point.

/endhijack

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a Denver fan in my keepers league, I'm thinking of offering him Lindsay for Hyde, he didn't start Hyde last night either. No brainier, right? Hyde has been on my team since his rookie year but didn't keep him this year because of Chubb, Johnson, injuries and not quite playing up to expectations.  Got Penny instead.?

Bump Hyde to top tier RB 2 now. Sell high or ride him?

I doubt you could get much for him. You also probably didn't invest that much in him, so why not enjoy the ride?
He sits there right on the verge of being played in a Flex with Fournette, Collins, Lynch, Gio, and soon to be Ingram with this team. Could use some help at TE, but no one likes to give up a top tier TE 1, do they?

Hyde might quietly be one of the better fantasy rbs out there now that the browns can move the ball.  Chubb is getting no play and Hyde is talented.  He won't give up that role unless he gets hurt
Chubb botched a blocking assignment on special teams that led to the Jets blocking a punt. Probably doesn’t help get him on the field blocking for a rookie qb any time soon. 

Ah, okay.  I see. It's pure redraft. 

If I'm the Bell owner, I at least counteroffer.  

He went for Hyde in other leagues. We were discussing it. People are overvaluing Bell, especially if they don't have Conner and their other main running back is Freeman, like this guy. He started Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson last night.  

Figure out season projections on that and get back to me, JWB.

This guy is averaging 66 points a game and is in last by 80 points in a standard Yahoo! league. 

I'm not sure you exactly know what you're saying here.  

Hyde is now averaging 15 points standard per game. Bell is averaging 0. 
If he is last in the league by 80 points after 2 weeks and has lost/would be giving up his first round pick, then Hyde isn't going to make any difference. :shrug:

If you are so confident that Hyde is the answer for him, you should just keep him and enjoy his performance.

On the other hand, if you really want Bell because you want him down the stretch and in the fantasy playoffs, and you don't really need Hyde to get there, then offer the guy something more compelling. Like Hyde plus another player that would start for the other team and help him make up the big gap between his team and the rest of the league.

If he is last in the league by 80 points after 2 weeks and has lost/would be giving up his first round pick, then Hyde isn't going to make any difference. :shrug:

If you are so confident that Hyde is the answer for him, you should just keep him and enjoy his performance.

On the other hand, if you really want Bell because you want him down the stretch and in the fantasy playoffs, and you don't really need Hyde to get there, then offer the guy something more compelling. Like Hyde plus another player that would start for the other team and help him make up the big gap between his team and the rest of the league.
Yeah the bolded is sort of why I was disappointed he didn't at least counter with something and why I even noted the rejection as sort of odd. He's way behind in the league and with this week, he'll essentially be out the playoff hunt. He owns Chubb, so there's no threat of him losing out in Cleveland unless Chubb works his way into a timeshare rendering both moot. But as Bobby Layne pointed out, Hyde's averaging nearly 22 touches per game, so his usage isn't really in question right now. It's injury, and Hyde's history, while a tad spotty, is no worse than a bunch of others out here. 

In regards to keeping him: At this point, with Mayfield almost certainly at the helm, I may ride with Hyde as even with Tyrod Taylor he was -- although TD-dependent -- still averaging eleven points in a very small sample size with game scripts unsuited for him. I also personally believe in him: I always thought he was an underrated runner in bad situations, and now his situation is looking up. Questions about Bell's shape and how he'll come back also linger. I might have actually offered the guy a really good deal, as Bojang noted. But that's opinion-based, and you have a different one.   

This league is non-PPR, so Hyde's deficiencies catching the ball don't hurt him here.

Thanks for your time and suggestion, and I'll end the hijack. 

Carlos Hyde rushed 22 times for 82 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 4 loss to the Raiders.

He has at least 17 touches in all four games and 22 or more in three of them. Hyde's touchdown came from a yard out following Antonio Callaway's 51-yard catch. Hyde drew just one target, however, and Nick Chubb broke off 63- and 41-yard touchdown sprints, potentially earning the explosive rookie more work. Until the Browns make a tangible playing-time adjustment in the backfield, however, Hyde will remain a high-volume RB2 play. Cleveland hosts Baltimore next.

Sep 30 - 8:59 PM

Wow I didn’t realize he had 5 TDs. Should be interesting going forward with Chubb impressing. I don’t think they’re in a hurry to spell Hyde but his touches could slowly decline until it’s full on RBBC. 

Strangely I have had him on my bench all season. I’m going to be starting him going forward asap, but thinking maybe not this week against a really tough BAL run D. 

Wow I didn’t realize he had 5 TDs. Should be interesting going forward with Chubb impressing. I don’t think they’re in a hurry to spell Hyde but his touches could slowly decline until it’s full on RBBC. 
Actually, I don't think it is far fetched for this to slowly shift past RBBC to the point where Hyde is the one spelling Chubb for a few carries per game. 

Just watched OT of the Ravens game. On the 1st series Hyde had a really piss poor block on a Mayfield sack. On the Browns last possession it was Duke Johnson running up the gut to get the last couple of yards for FG position. Only thing I can think of is they benched Hyde because of the block? Just seemed strange to me to give Duke the tough between the tackle yards but that's the only explanation I can think of. 

Now this week as they are WR depleted you've also got Hue talking about how they need to get Duke the ball more. Pretty much lol at anything Hue says but still could be a situation to monitor this weekend. 

Just watched OT of the Ravens game. On the 1st series Hyde had a really piss poor block on a Mayfield sack. On the Browns last possession it was Duke Johnson running up the gut to get the last couple of yards for FG position. Only thing I can think of is they benched Hyde because of the block? Just seemed strange to me to give Duke the tough between the tackle yards but that's the only explanation I can think of. 

Now this week as they are WR depleted you've also got Hue talking about how they need to get Duke the ball more. Pretty much lol at anything Hue says but still could be a situation to monitor this weekend. 
Ehhh. More likely bc the Browns were runnig their 2 minute drill

So, we really shouldn't start Hyde this week. Right? 
I'm personally not going to, I had benched him for Godwin at flex but now considering Chubb (whom I nearly cut last night during waivers). Interesting decision now, Hyde could be decent there but think that's a wait and see scenario. 

As someone with little sense of real NFL value trade, does this mean anything that would give us additional insight?

Is this what we would think Hyde is generally worth?

Is it slightly overpaying (indicating that JAX is a little more desperate in finding a solid ROS option)?

Is it slightly underpaying (indicating that it's more of a stop-gap and Fournette may be back this season)?

An obviously desperate Fournette owner wants to know....

With injuries and byes I have to start him. I hope that monster game last night by the Denver D can sustain me because Hyde ain't scoring squat this weekend. 

I owned Yeldon so don't necessarily mind this.  Tells me Fournette is worse than anyone thought.  If it was just a week or two they would have signed another FA scrub.

As someone with little sense of real NFL value trade, does this mean anything that would give us additional insight?

Is it slightly overpaying (indicating that JAX is a little more desperate in finding a solid ROS option)?

Is it slightly underpaying (indicating that it's more of a stop-gap and Fournette may be back this season)?

I can't read all the tea leaves, but as a comparison, the Eagles gave up a fourth round pick last year for Ajayi, and Gase absolutely wanted him off the team, and everybody knew it..  You would think the Browns would have asked around if anybody was willing to give up more than a fifth (and possibly late fifth) before pulling the trigger, but they are the Browns.

On the surface, you can guage the value of a player by price (5th round). That said, contract terms can alter a player’s value, sometimes by a lot.

In this case, I’m not familiar with Hyde’s contract (without looking) so I can’t comment. As far as straight value (according to price), I’d say Hyde is viewed as a top backup-type.

Users who are viewing this thread