What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Carlos Hyde, JAC (1 Viewer)

If Carson is ruled out, it's going to be tempting to start Hyde. I'm looking to avoid my TB WRs (Evans, AB) vs. Rams. Just concerned Alex Collins or Dallas muck things up.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Even though Seahawks’ WR Tyler Lockett is listed as questionable for Thursday night’s game vs. the Cardinals due to a knee injury, he will play, per Pete Carroll. Seahawks’ RB Chris Carson (foot) also is listed as questionable but he is unlikely to play, per source.

I'm rolling with Hyde but he's about all I've got. Struggled through with Montgomery and Dobbins while Carson and Hyde have been out. Hoping to get a decent performance for the first time in a while out of that spot

so who is rolling with Hyde over CEH? Because I am strongly considering it.
Wouldn't expect Hyde to get 10 points this week. Alex Collins looked good, so they will probably split what few carries there will be. Andy Reid might want to run up the score, he sounded pissed off about Raiders team buses doing victory lap in earlier game this year.

Joe Fann

@Joe_Fann

So it's Carlos Hyde, Bo Scarbrough and DeeJay Dallas for the #Seahawks tonight. Alex Collins can't be flexed up from the practice squad anymore and Seattle opted not to give him an active roster spot this week.

4:10 PM · Nov 19, 2020·TweetDeck

Would I be an idiot for starting Hyde over Mike Evans or Antonio Brown?

LARs have smothered WRs this year. Especially perimeter WRs.

Would I be an idiot for starting Hyde over Mike Evans or Antonio Brown?

LARs have smothered WRs this year. Especially perimeter WRs.
PPR?

If PPR, I'm starting Evans or Brown, one of the two.

If non-PPR, I'd give Hyde serious consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn on Hyde. Feels like a great spot but almost universally the "experts" have him ranked as a rb 2/3. 
He is a RB2, in my estimation. The "experts" didn't have the luxury of knowing Collins was on the practice squad still and that Carson was almost definitely out. They're hedging most of the time and don't have real-time news when they do their rankings. I'd bump him up a few sports, depending on the time frame the ranker was ranking him in. 

Thinking of biting the bullet and just starting Hyde over JT now that the Collins news is a sure thing, hope for a TD or two. JT is obviously endlessly frustrating so I should probably bench him anyways, but this also covers my ### if Kamara can’t play—I’ll still have JT in the wings if necessary in that scenario.

PPR?

If PPR, I'm starting Evans or Brown, one of the two.

If non-PPR, I'd give Hyde serious consideration.
PPR league.

Right now I have Mike Evans AND AB in my two flex spots. However, I can now plug in either Gio and/or Hyde for one or both of them.

Think I'm plugging in Hyde now and will worry about that 2nd flex spot later.

Seeing that most of the "experts" are now saying Hyde is a top 20ish RB in PPR.

Per S. Bloom's projections...12-13 PPR points. Mike Davis territory ish.

Just got an offer for a fourth for Hyde in dynasty. I'm out of it this year, and who knows what next year will bring. I'll accept the offer. She's only got a fourth left, so there's really no negotiating going on here.

I also have a combination of Harris, Ahmed, Elliott, James Robinson, and Chase Edmonds to start this week, so I'm not sweating letting Hyde walk for what should only be a couple of weeks.

kyoun1e said:
Seeing that most of the "experts" are now saying Hyde is a top 20ish RB in PPR.

Per S. Bloom's projections...12-13 PPR points. Mike Davis territory ish.
I have to decide between Hyde, Hunt and D. Harris. Leaning towards sitting Hyde, but I love the td possibility

Both of these defenses are trash. Everybody is in play tonight including Hyde. Of course it could end up being a TNF dud but I just can't see that happening with a division game featuring two of the best QBs in the league. Fireworks baby!!! Smoke em if you got em. End of regulation 44-44 then overtime. 

Yeah I have to like the upside for Hyde tonight. Even in PPR. The (presumed) game script will call for lots of plays to be run by both squads.

Just picked up Hyde.  Trying to decide between Hyde and Gio in PPR.  I also have Conner, CEH and Duke Johnson - stuffed to the gills with low end RB2s.

Carson/Homer out; Collins on the squad.

Metcalf with PP on him. Lockett hobbled.

Wilson getting mauled lately.

AZ with DL injured and the D played tons of snaps just a few days ago.

Hyde with rested legs.

High over/under.

I mean...what could go wrong (besides everything)?

Carlos Hyde rushed 15 times for 22 yards in the Seahawks' Week 12 win over the Eagles.

He also caught two passes for seven yards on three targets. Hyde out-carried Chris Carson 15-8, but Carson out-gained him 41-22 and scored a 16-yard touchdown. Carson deserves the bulk of the work moving forward, but it was his first game back from a foot injury, so perhaps the Seahawks were taking it easy on him. Hyde has averaged 15 carries per game over his last three games but should take a back seat the rest of the way.

- Rotoworld

Carlose Hyde had 41 snaps on Monday night against the Eagles while Chris Carson played 25 snaps. 

Carson had the better fantasy day thanks to a bullying 16-yard touchdown run in the first half. But it was Hyde who saw 15 carries to Carson's eight. Probably the Seahawks eased Carson back into the offense after an extended injury absence. The team wasn't sure Carson would be able to suit up against Philly until Saturday, so a full week of practice -- if that's what Carson sees this week -- should put him on track to once again lead Seattle's backfield in Week 13 against the Giants. 

RELATED: 

Chris Carson

SOURCE: Adam Levitan on Twitter 

Dec 1, 2020, 10:19 AM ET

Carlos Hyde (toe) was downgraded from "limited" to "DNP" in Thursday's practice. 

The injuries are seemingly neverending in the Seahawks' backfield. Chris Carson (foot), who is expected to play, remains "limited," while Travis Homer (wrist, thumb, knee) is sidelined. Hyde's absence would boost Carson back into no-brainer RB1 territory vs. the Giants, though some combination of backups led by DeeJay Dallas would mix in for work. Perhaps Hyde's reps are just being managed, but coach Pete Carroll said Carson would play while making no such comment on Hyde. 

RELATED: 

Chris Carson

Dec 3, 2020, 7:46 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Seattle RB Carlos Hyde (toe, questionable) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Giants.

Hyde was absent from practice late in the week but now appears ready to play. He out-snapped Chris Carson last week but Carson was returning from a foot injury. Now that Hyde is the one dealing with an injury, Carson could see more work as a massive favorite against the Giants. Carson is a solid RB2 this week while Hyde can be cut in most fantasy formats.

RELATED: 

Chris Carson

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 6, 2020, 8:46 AM ET

Carlos Hyde (toe) was "limited" in Wednesday and Thursday's practices. 

Hyde's Week 14 status is not in doubt against the Jets. With Chris Carson getting healthier and handling bigger workloads, Hyde has fallen off the FLEX radar, though there could be some carries to clean up in a game where the Seahawks are operating as two-touchdown home favorites. 

Dec 10, 2020, 7:31 PM ET

Carlos Hyde (illness) was held out of Wednesday's practice.

Hyde is only serving as Chris Carson's backup, but the lead runner certainly has not been a beacon of health this season. Hyde has somehow turned four carries into 65 yards and a touchdown over the last two games. Hopefully he is healthy enough to play against the 49ers on Sunday.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:47 PM ET

Jaguars signed RB Carlos Hyde, formerly of the Seahawks, to a two-year, $6 million contract. 

Although he wasn't recruited by new Jaguars coach Urban Meyer, Hyde turned his time under his college coach into a monster senior season and the No. 57 overall pick of the 2014 Draft. Hyde has settled in as one of the NFL's better role-playing, veteran backs, but his addition is actually good news for second-year pro James Robinson. Hyde is not the sort of player who is going to come in and take a job, even if he and Meyer go way back. It is still possible the Jags make another addition to their backfield, but for now, Robinson's RB2 case remains secure. Even in the event of a Robinson injury, Hyde is not plug-and-play running back insurance at this stage of his career. 

RELATED: 

James Robinson

, Seattle Seahawks

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Mar 15, 2021, 7:13 PM ET

Sports Illustrated's John Shipley reports Carlos Hyde could "see a legitimately high volume of carries" if James Robinson misses time in 2021. 

Shipley concedes "Hyde's value to the Jaguars will likely come from his leadership and veteran presence in the running back room," adding that the veteran -- who played for Urban Meyer at Ohio State -- would likely be the primary ball carrier should Robinson struggle with injuries in 2021. Shipley expects Robinson, the undrafted free agent who went for 1,414 total yards as a rookie, to function as the lead back while rookie RB Travis Etienne will function as Meyer's "slash" weapon, mostly used as a pass catcher. Though Hyde shouldn't be drafted in 12-team leagues this summer, he would become a top waiver add should injuries strike Jacksonville's backfield. 

RELATED: 

Travis Etienne

, James Robinson

SOURCE: SI.com 

Jun 21, 2021, 8:21 AM ET

Carlos Hyde had nine rushes for 44 yards in the Jaguars' Week 1 loss to the Texans, adding two receptions for 14 yards. 

Hyde, a longtime favorite of head coach Urban Meyer, got as many touches as starter James Robinson despite playing only 34 percent of the team's snaps against Houston. Robinson ran 33 pass routes to Hyde's 14 routes. Hyde will continue eating into Robinson's workload following an offseason in which Meyer did everything in his power to phase out Robinson as the Jags' lead back. Hyde would be the team's three-down back if Robinson were to miss time this season. 

RELATED: 

James Robinson

Sep 13, 2021, 11:30 AM ET

He has some stand-alone value in big leagues. And he had a 20 point higher pff grade than Robinson in week 1. Some say Robinson is a JAG. They should be scoring a decent amount of points, with Lawrence at QB and a bad defense. And the interior of the line is above average. Why is this not getting more discussion, is it his age?

He has some stand-alone value in big leagues. And he had a 20 point higher pff grade than Robinson in week 1. Some say Robinson is a JAG. They should be scoring a decent amount of points, with Lawrence at QB and a bad defense. And the interior of the line is above average. Why is this not getting more discussion, is it his age?
30 yo Hyde might be a more trusted face for Urban...  and Robinson might be JAG, but there are no other viable RB on roster to consider and with weak Def, running game will likely be abandoned quickly.  So they might get 15-20 total carries in games they fall behind early.  Who expected the train wreck Houston Off to score 30+ on them?  Not me! 

Carlos Hyde played 56% of his Week 1 snaps on Jacksonville’s final two drives.

Hyde had six of his 11 touches in the fourth quarter of Jacksonville’s blowout loss. The Jaguars gave him a series on their third drive, but it’s a reminder this is James Robinson's (63% snap share) backfield. Hyde should be rostered as a three-down hedge to Robinson, the NFL’s fifth-leading rusher last year, but standalove value is going to be hard to come by outside negative game scripts.

RELATED: 

James Robinson

Sep 17, 2021, 6:29 PM ET

Carlos Hyde rushed eight times for 44 yards in the Jaguars' Week 3 loss to the Cardinals.

Hyde was out-carried 15-8 by James Robinson, who also caught six passes, and turned his 21 touches into 134 yards and one touchdown, scoring from four yards out. Hyde has 10 carries the last two weeks and isn't a factor in the passing game. He's merely a bench-stash in case Robinson ever gets hurt.

Carlos Hyde rushed nine times for 32 yards in the Jaguars' Week 8 loss to the Seahawks, adding six catches for 40 yards. 

James Robinson exited with a foot injury in the first quarter and didn't return despite never being officially ruled out. Hyde stepped in for him and earned 15 of the Jaguars' 18 running back touches that didn't go to Robinson. Dare Ogunbowale saw three touches. Urban Meyer appeared to plan his day around pass attempts to the Jaguars' backs as the trio combined for 11 targets. If Robinson is out beyond this week, Hyde will be one of the premier waiver wire options heading into Week 9. Jacksonville projects to get blown out by the Bills next week but that could simply result in more dump-offs for the running backs. Without Robinson, Hyde would project as a low-end RB2 versus Buffalo. 

Oct 31, 2021, 8:28 PM ET

Carlos Hyde (calf) was upgraded to a full practice participant on Thursday.

Sure seems like it's trending in the direction of Hyde getting a big workload on Sunday. Unfortunately for him, he plays for the Jaguars and the Bills have had one of the best defenses in the NFL this year. If Robinson doesn't play, the volume should put Hyde into the RB2/RB3 zone. 

Nov 4, 2021, 3:48 PM ET

The Fantasy Source Crystal ballAmerican football
@FantasySource_
FANTASY UPDATE: 
@Jaguars
 RB Carlos Hyde expected to get the start Sunday vs 
@BuffaloBills

The Fantasy Source Crystal ballAmerican football
@FantasySource_
FANTASY UPDATE: 
@Jaguars
 RB Carlos Hyde expected to get the start Sunday vs 
@BuffaloBills
Seems he’s a one week rental, which I may need if Montgomery eats into Herbert touches Monday. Still sitting out on the wire. Debating dropping a meandering WR3/2 for him, but not even sure how much faith I have on Hyde against Buffalo.

Seems he’s a one week rental, which I may need if Montgomery eats into Herbert touches Monday. Still sitting out on the wire. Debating dropping a meandering WR3/2 for him, but not even sure how much faith I have on Hyde against Buffalo.

No doubt a week rental.

Wouldn't have a ton of faith but if he has the backfield to himself he could have volume. Hyde I believe had 6-40 receiving out of the backfield last week once Robinson went down. If BUF blows them out, that could provide a solid floor.

Hell, I'm looking for 10 ish PPR points out of this slot. I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread