What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (1 Viewer)

I'm disappointed, but optimisticish.

Dak isn't doing Zeke, or the offense I'm general any favors. They're one dimensional.
For sure.  But I just mean from a 'fantasy bust' standpoint.  A lot of people expect that if he's the 3rd rb off the board, he should be rb1 or rb2 by end of season to not be called a disappointment. 

If the 3rd RB off the board ends up a top 10 RB, I'm satisfied.  Especially in a year like this where the vast majority of the top 10 RBs selected are not currently in the top 10.

For sure.  But I just mean from a 'fantasy bust' standpoint.  A lot of people expect that if he's the 3rd rb off the board, he should be rb1 or rb2 by end of season to not be called a disappointment. 

If the 3rd RB off the board ends up a top 10 RB, I'm satisfied.  Especially in a year like this where the vast majority of the top 10 RBs selected are not currently in the top 10.
If Isaiah Crowell and Carlos Hyde are outperforming the #1/2/3 RB off the board it's a disappointment.

If Isaiah Crowell and Carlos Hyde are outperforming the #1/2/3 RB off the board it's a disappointment.
That happens every year though.  He's one of the least disappointing RBs in the top 2 rounds.  I think I'd be satisfied as an owner.  At the very least, wouldn't be calling him a bust or major disappointment. 

That happens every year though.  He's one of the least disappointing RBs in the top 2 rounds.  I think I'd be satisfied as an owner.  At the very least, wouldn't be calling him a bust or major disappointment. 
I don't think you're an owner. I'm not sure he will be top 12 after this week.

After three weeks? Same place he was taken, but right now that decision is based on as much hope as logic.
I'm assuming Gurley, Kamara and Gordon would be taken over him now after 3 weeks.  That's probably it for RB's though.  Maybe Barkley. 

1997 I drafted Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin in the 1st and 2nd round. Of course I started them every single week.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I'm assuming Gurley, Kamara and Gordon would be taken over him now after 3 weeks.  That's probably it for RB's though.  Maybe Barkley. 
Gurley would have been taken ahead of him regardless (of course I'm the contrarianbfool who had the option and chose Zeke). Kamara still has the Ingram issue. Gordon, yeah maybe.

Not Barkley...yet.

I just put my money where my mouth is and traded him away straight up for Barkley. That Cowboys offense is so bad. I can see Zeke leading the league in rushing and still having a disappointing year. I do see him having a monster game vs DET though.

I don't know if I am "disappointed" so much as I am concerned. They don't look good as a team. I feel an implosion is on the horizon. 

I don't want my #1 RB in that situation. 

Ezekiel Elliott exploded for 152 yards on 25 carries while also contributing four catches for a team-high 88 yards and a touchdown Sunday in Dallas’ Week 4 win over the Lions.

Zeke's 240 yards from scrimmage—140 of which came after halftime—set a career-high. Elliott was, for large stretches of the afternoon, the Cowboys' only source of offense. The third-year back got to stepping with a 38-yard touchdown off a screen pass late in the second quarter. He rumbled to a 41-yard run, his longest of the afternoon in the third quarter. Elliott made arguably his biggest contribution when he hauled in a 34-yard deep bomb from Dak Prescott, putting the Cowboys in field-goal range with under two minutes left in the fourth quarter. The Cowboys' offensive line has mostly struggled this year, but they went all out for Zeke in Week 4. Elliott, who currently leads the NFL with 426 rushing yards, will look to stay hot when he faces the Texans next week on Sunday Night Football.

Sep 30 - 4:11 PM

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett revealed Monday that Ezekiel Elliott is playing through knee and ankle injuries.

Elliott has been spotted limping around the field sporadically over the last two weeks, and Garrett confirmed he has a minor ankle sprain and bursitis in his knee. Zeke has played 89% of Dallas' 2018 offensive snaps. Garrett did state the Cowboys are "optimistic" Elliott will play in Week 5 against the Texans. In the meantime, Rod Smith should be added in all fantasy leagues.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter 

Oct 1 - 5:23 PM

He may have the worst supporting cast to keep defenses honest, a slightly depleted offensive line and he's leading the league in rushing by 88 yards on 6 fewer carries.

I think we use the term too liberally but I think it's fair to call him a beast. Hell, IMO, he's King of the Beasts so far in 2018.

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 17 times for 61 yards and caught 4-of-5 targets for 51 yards in the Cowboys' 28-14, Week 9 loss to the Titans on Monday night.

Elliott was the lone bright spot of the offense and was cooking early, running through gaping holes. He also made things happen in the pass game with a 37-yard pickup on a screen down to the four-yard line to set up Amari Cooper's score in the first quarter. The Cowboys got away from Elliott in the second half, though, and they didn't score a single point after the break. Elliott will again be a locked-in RB1 next week on the road in a tough date against the Eagles.

Nov 5 - 11:27 PM

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 19 times for 151 yards and a touchdown and caught 6-of-7 targets for 36 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 10 win over the Eagles.

It was a monster game for Elliott, who provided most of the Cowboys' offense. Elliott had the highlight of the night on a 32-yard run when he hurdled over Tre Sullivan -- his second-longest run of the season. He later converted a goal-line carry for his rushing touchdown, with his receiving touchdown coming on a third down red-zone pass from Dak Prescott. Elliott looks to have benefitted from the Dallas firing their offensive line coach during their bye. He's a locked-in top-10 running back play against Atlanta in Week 11.

Nov 11 - 11:41 PM

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 23 times for 76 yards in the Cowboys' Week 13 win over the Saints, adding six receptions for 60 additional yards and a touchdown.

It was not an efficient night for Elliott against the Saints' elite run defense, but he made up for it with sheer volume. He already had 18 touches at halftime. Elliott's score was a perfectly-delivered 16-yarder on a screen. It was his third receiving touchdown of the season, which is a new career high. Elliott has now caught at least five passes in four-straight games. The workload monster will remain a top-four RB1 for Week 14 against the Eagles.

Nov 29 - 11:34 PM

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 28 times for 114 yards, additionally hauling in 12-of-13 targets for 79 yards in the Cowboys' Week 14 overtime victory against the Eagles.

40. Touches. Elliott's now eclipsed the century mark on the ground in four of his last five games, additionally getting in on the passing game with an average eight targets in that span. His 13 targets Sunday even tied Amari Cooper for the team lead. Always probable to go over the 100-yard mark, Zeke's astonishing workload makes him a matchup-proof top-three option for the rest of the year. He'll stay just that as the Cowboys attempt to clench the division in Week 15 against the Colts.

Dec 9 - 8:12 PM

Haven't done the math, but it looks like they may be pretty locked into their playoff spot with either a win or losses by PHI/WAS?

His usage has been extreme, thinking ahead could he be throttled down week 16?

Haven't done the math, but it looks like they may be pretty locked into their playoff spot with either a win or losses by PHI/WAS?

His usage has been extreme, thinking ahead could he be throttled down week 16?
Hmmm that’s concerning. He wouldn’t outright sit week 16 if healthy but could def see a throttle down. They could have the division on lock but the 3 seed would be in play still if they beat the Colts.

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 26 times for 137 yards and one score, chipping in another four touches for 32 receiving yards in Dallas' Wild Card victory over the Seahawks.

Elliott found space against Seattle with ease, totaling his eighth 100-yard rushing performance of the 2018-19 season. Albeit a small sample, he's now averaged 131 rushing yards in two career playoff games; only Terrell Davis (142.5) has averaged more in the postseason. His 30 touches on Saturday also put him at a whopping 411 so far on the year. Whether it's the Rams or Saints who the Cowboys face next, Elliott undeniably projects to lead all Divisional Round backs in raw touches. He'll be a commodity to squeeze into DFS lineups next week.

Jan 6 - 12:05 AM

ESPN's Jeff Darlington said the Cowboys are viewing Dak Prescott's and Amari Cooper's contracts over Ezekiel Elliott's.

This confirms Jerry Jones' statements regarding current contract negotiations, but Darlington also lays out a situation where Zeke threatens the Cowboys with a hold out that would attempt to force Dallas into giving him a long term deal. With essentially two years left on his deal, this would be a bold statement by Zeke, but holding out is the best player option in contract negotiations. If an extension isn't reached by August -- that's pretty expected -- then Zeke will have a big decision to make. For now, this is all just speculation.

SOURCE: Jeff Darlington on Twitter

May 9, 2019, 6:22 PM ET

Ezekiel Elliott Handcuffed at EDC Vegas After Knocking Man to the Ground

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/20/ezekiel-elliott-handcuffed-edc-vegas-video/

The Dallas Cowboys superstar running back had been spotted in the parking lot at the Electric Daisy Carnival around 3 AM on Saturday morning arguing with his girlfriend.  

Zeke never puts his hands on the woman but he uses his body to block her from walking away several times during the argument. 

A short time later, Zeke and the woman are seen speaking with event staffers -- when suddenly Elliott confronts one them and says, "You got something to say!?"

Zeke gets in the staffer's face and uses his body to shove the guy backward until the staffer hits a metal gate -- that's when Zeke uses his forearm to shove the guy to the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Play out his existing contract and hit the road. #######. 

After seeing the video....meh. Not a good look but he's got to be smarter than that. NOTHING good comes after midnight. 3 AM+alcohol+young+dumb+girls= potential disaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty minor. He gets in the guys face but doesn’t really shove him, guy loses his balance after being backed into a gate. That said this obviously isn’t his first go around. He’s a moron. Wasn’t arrested or charged with anything. Still guessing a couple games.

With all due respect, this is only opinion that matters.
Yep. And it's the most inconsistent and unreasonable. 

I think there would be outrage at a suspension for a video showing a guy puffing his chest into someone and blocking his gfs path during a heated argument, but not a word about a guy with a history of anger issues who everyone knows beats his child but cant prove it at this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread