What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jahmyr Gibbs, DET (1 Viewer)

don't think people are whining per se...
Have you been reading the same thread I have?
Well it was the 'still' part.

Yes he got some garbage time stats today which is great but for those that took him high (and let's face it that's everyone) it has been a very disappointing half season
I got him in the 5th. Your argument is invalid. Not surprised.

Keep this 100% on the players and not shots at each other.

Yes he got some garbage time stats today which is great but for those that took him high (and let's face it that's everyone) it has been a very disappointing half season
I got him in the 5th. Your argument is invalid. Not surprised.

Keep this 100% on the players and not shots at each other.
My comment was on the player and the analysis that followed. This isn’t surprising either. I’ll back away from the typical moderation.

I'll gladly take this PPR performance.

Looking forward to BobbyLayne's assessment.
Do you think Dan Campbell is wanting to get Gibbs more touches after a 38-6 result?

What were the results when Monty was the starter? Did Detroit have a winning record?

I don't think there is any doubt this is Monty's backfield. I'm not sure most people would argue. he's very effective and he does what Campbell wants out of a RB. We are almost half way through the season now as well so he's solidified

Do you think Dan Campbell is wanting to get Gibbs more touches after a 38-6 result?

What were the results when Monty was the starter? Did Detroit have a winning record?
Oh, I don't disagree with you at all.

Campbell can't wait to get Montgomery back without doubt.

I own Monty AND Gibbs. So again, I'm happy Gibbs could step in and produce. I fully expect things to revert back to the way they were with Monty carrying the load

I don't think there is any doubt this is Monty's backfield. I'm not sure most people would argue. he's very effective and he does what Campbell wants out of a RB. We are almost half way through the season now as well so he's solidified
So I can only simply ask 1 question. Why are you upset for drafting him when you did? That’s on those who did knowing he was in a timeshare from the get go…..and that he’s a rookie. You say im polluting a thread when I’m actually adding objective commentary many don’t want to hear. I don’t blame others for my drafting decisions.

11/68/TD
9/58...
In a 38-6 blowout to the Baltimore Ravens
And FF folks are dancing tonight?
SELL HIGH SELL HIGH SELL HIGH
Cannot stress it enough right now

Such a bad taste in my mouth Redraft '23
Shocked he even hit the stat sheet with the way this game started

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not understanding the tone here.

Think there were owners wondering if he'd ever cross the 10 pt threshold.

He had a great PPR performance.

DET had a terrible team performance.

I'm sure things will balance out a bit after Campbell lays into them this week.

And oh, DET faces the LV D next week that just made D. Foreman look like Jim Brown. I hope Monty is back next week so he AND Gibbs can both eat and DET win by 30.

11/68/TD
9/58...

Such a bad taste in my mouth right now
Seems personal. Still trying to get that staff position i guess. Poor analysis is par for the course.
Rather than get offended and lose your footing, let me help

You aren't being real that the Lions lost 38-6
Dan Campbell don't give a bleep about Gibbs in a 38-6 drubbing
All that man cares about right now is when he gets Monty BACK!!! (Monty wins)
Not when can he draw up some more plays for Gibbs but you believe whatever you want
:lol:

-And don't get mad, it's not personal, you might be with that last comment/post but i'm not

Lions lose 38-6
it's just not a good time to think Gibbs is going to see a lot more touches IMHO, now if the Lions had won the game and Gibbs was a big part of the victory...but that's not the story
Monty has the ball whenever he returns, so says MoP
:thumbup:

Last edited:

They were all garbage stats but when any team is down 28-0 in the third quarter garbage points pile up for FF players on the losing team.

They were all garbage stats but when any team is down 28-0 in the third quarter garbage points pile up for FF players on the losing team.

Nobody disagrees with that...i just don't think the garbage stats do anything to dislodge Montgomery taking 75% of the snaps

Monster ppr game, love it
Meh

38-6 loss, don't think Campbell will be looking for new ways to get Gibbs involved
Anytime Monty starts and finishes, what's the Lons win/loss record?
Ha. Yeah this would've been a totally different outcome with D Mont.
Not what I'm saying

-Tell me what Dan Campbell is thinking tonight, please.
I have Gibbs in many leagues, not impressed today at all despite a decent box score

What were Gibbs' stats when it was 28-0? Curious how folks really feel

Meh

38-6 loss, don't think Campbell will be looking for new ways to get Gibbs involved
Not what I'm saying

I have Gibbs in many leagues, not impressed today at all despite a decent box score

I get what your saying....great for FF if you have him but he doesn't move the dial at all at being a capable back the lions can lean on

Nobody disagrees with that...i just don't think the garbage stats do anything to dislodge Montgomery taking 75% of the snaps
Agree with that. They missed Monty today but the way the defense played it would not have mattered.

Gibby will be OK but still don`t really see the "electricity" yet. Maybe I was just expecting too much. I was thinking Thurman Thomas type of production.

Meh

Not what I'm saying

0-7 before the Lions got the ball.

1st drive 1 carry for 4. Incompletion to William. Sack. Punt.

Next drive 0-14
Gibbs for 2 yards. Reynolds for 4 yards. Incompletion to LaPorta. Punt

Next drive 0-21
Gibbs for 4 yards. Sack. Incompletion to LaPorta. Punt.

Next drive 0-28

Settle down MoP.

ETA: Said with love.

Meh

Not what I'm saying

I'm sure he's thinking what he's been thinking all season. They love Gibbs, they drafted him for a reason, they believe he can help them win games, they need to use him properly.

Gibbs had a decently productive day with a quite a few touches and that was nice to see. I don’t think he has earned goffs trust yet. I know he was involved early on the first 3 or 4 drives but Goff doesn’t seem to look his way much at all and I’m assuming he was his first read or designed target on them early passes his way. Gibbs sure is fast and evasive but I just don’t think he’s an “alpha” out there.

Theres was a lot wrong with todays game for the lions. Not much of that is going to fall on gibbs imo. Goff definitely looks more comfortable with dmo and he evidently trusts him more than gibbs. Maybe Goff seen what he needed to with them garbage time touches gibbs had. Something just doesn’t click between those two and that impacts gibbs future production in a big way imo. I don’t expect any more blow out games like this one so I doubt the garbage time touches are coming back. Just my two cents…

11/68/TD
9/58...

Shame on Gibbs for giving up all those TDs and letting the team get down 28-0. ;)

11/68/TD
9/58...

Shame on Gibbs for giving up all those TDs and letting the team get down 28-0. ;)
Montgomery would’ve had like 4 sacks and a forced fumble.

Gibbs had a decently productive day with a quite a few touches and that was nice to see. I don’t think he has earned goffs trust yet. I know he was involved early on the first 3 or 4 drives but Goff doesn’t seem to look his way much at all and I’m assuming he was his first read or designed target on them early passes his way. Gibbs sure is fast and evasive but I just don’t think he’s an “alpha” out there.

Theres was a lot wrong with todays game for the lions. Not much of that is going to fall on gibbs imo. Goff definitely looks more comfortable with dmo and he evidently trusts him more than gibbs. Maybe Goff seen what he needed to with them garbage time touches gibbs had. Something just doesn’t click between those two and that impacts gibbs future production in a big way imo. I don’t expect any more blow out games like this one so I doubt the garbage time touches are coming back. Just my two cents…
Great login/handle if you have been reading my posts of late.
Appreciate the feedback and analysis

Lol who doesn’t love rookies , right? Anyways. It’s tough for me to stake a claim on gibbs future in the nfl. I really liked gibbs college. Like a lot a lot ! I think he may be a decent buy this off season if he doesn’t have any blow up games with dmo back. He’s talented but he definitely has to grow into an nfl player. I’m sure with his draft capitol and talent level he’ll get the chance.

I dont think we got your point yet MOP.

Maybe if you repeat it a dozen more times it will sink in.

For those that watched, do we think anything was unlocked in usage yesterday

I didn't expect a beast year, I hoped for a little better Deandre swift in detroit, the line yesterday reads like that but anyone who watched have thoughts

I guess ulitamtely as some in this thread have said, my misplaced calculus was Detroit being in better game scripts this year, where garbage time catchup like yesterday is much more rare

I didn't expect a beast year, I hoped for a little better Deandre swift in detroit, the line yesterday reads like that but anyone who watched have thoughts

I guess ulitamtely as some in this thread have said, my misplaced calculus was Detroit being in better game scripts this year, where garbage time catchup like yesterday is much more rare
I don't think you can take anything from yesterday's game.

In the second half, once the game was out of hand, they looked like they were actively trying to give their two highly drafted rookies some extra opportunities to get them more integrated into the offense. Gibbs took those opportunities and looked good with them, so I'd expect that he earned some trust and will get more opportunities going forward. JaMo, less so.

In the second half, once the game was out of hand, they looked like they were actively trying to give their two highly drafted rookies some extra opportunities to get them more integrated into the offense. Gibbs took those opportunities and looked good with them, so I'd expect that he earned some trust and will get more opportunities going forward. JaMo, less so.
Thats the best I can hope for in this situation

When Monty is back he will be a CoP and spell him for breathers.

This won’t be a RBBC folks and Monty being injured is the only reason why he got increased touches.

Booger McFarland on NFL Primetime even commented how the Lions identity had changed without Monty, how the Head Coach missed him, and how they had to put too much on Goff without Monty.

I know it’s a tough pill to swallow but that seems to be the reality here and this aligns with the season thus far.

Gibbs had a great game and he has shown he can produce in fantasy when Monty misses time. That’s more than he did last time when Monty missed a game, so Gibbs owners should be happy with that.

Perhaps he earned a few more touches but he’s still just a CoP and backup at best unless Monty goes down. If you can’t see that then you’re just biased based on overdrafting and/or owning him.

Sorry guys that seems to be the reality here…

Jahmyr Gibbs played on 65-of-75 snaps in the Lions’ Week 7 loss to the Ravens.

This was the kind of snap share fantasy managers hoped to see from Gibbs in a game where David Montgomery (ribs) was sidelined. Gibbs played on only 60 percent of the snaps in the Lions’ Week 3 matchup against the Falcons when Montgomery was sidelined, making Sunday’s usage against the Ravens a big step in the right direction. Gibbs also saw 21-of-25 running back opportunities while running 46 routes in a game that featured a negative game script. Assuming Montgomery is sidelined in Week 8, Gibbs could be in line for another busy day against the Raiders.

Users who are viewing this thread