What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (2 Viewers)

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) says he's 100% healthy
Thu, Oct 5th 11:44am EDT
By Leo Sells
Jonathan Taylor (ankle) told reporters that he is 100% healthy and ready to play football. (Source: James Boyd on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact: Taylor hasn't appeared in a game yet this year while nursing ankle injuries that he suffered last year. The team recently opened his 21-day practice window, and now he's telling reporters that he's 100% healthy and committed to playing. This is terrific news for fantasy managers of the star running back, as it sounds like he'll be on the field possibly as soon as this week. If that's the case, he will be a must-start fantasy option and Zack Moss' value will take a major hit for the rest of the season.
Boom ⚡🔥

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) says he's 100% healthy
Thu, Oct 5th 11:44am EDT
By Leo Sells
Jonathan Taylor (ankle) told reporters that he is 100% healthy and ready to play football. (Source: James Boyd on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact: Taylor hasn't appeared in a game yet this year while nursing ankle injuries that he suffered last year. The team recently opened his 21-day practice window, and now he's telling reporters that he's 100% healthy and committed to playing. This is terrific news for fantasy managers of the star running back, as it sounds like he'll be on the field possibly as soon as this week. If that's the case, he will be a must-start fantasy option and Zack Moss' value will take a major hit for the rest of the season.
Boom ⚡🔥
Love it

He's been healthy for months so his return to practice and saying he's healthy does not mean much to me.

But what does matter is the report the iciness thawed between the two and he's ready to play football. He has no choice really, but it's good to hear the relaionship is not as sour as it was and I think he's grasped the idea that continuing to play up an injury to miss games is not going to end well for him so this is for sure good news to me.

So are we starting JT if he is listed as the starter and not on a snap count? I would prefer to wait a week but I really need a win in one league and it will be between him and Pierce. Also not sure we can trust what is announced or rumored prior to kickoff.

So are we starting JT if he is listed as the starter and not on a snap count? I would prefer to wait a week but I really need a win in one league and it will be between him and Pierce. Also not sure we can trust what is announced or rumored prior to kickoff.
In the 2 leagues I have him he's in the lineup, but I don't have great alternatives. If I did I'd probably be cautious first game back.

It’s a gamble no matter what. And starting JTaylor over another player is a roster dependent decision.

That said, I’m rolling with him in the Flex over my other options.

It’s a gamble no matter what. And starting JTaylor over another player is a roster dependent decision.

That said, I’m rolling with him in the Flex over my other options.
Correct. It's a gamble. If he plays this week or whenever he debuts we'll hear reports about his workload as dmac said and each of us will have to determine how much we want to rely on that info. I'm just going to say almost all the info that's been getting out on Taylor seems agent/his side driven so I'm going to be cautious about any reports of "how good he looks" unless it's coming straight from Stiechen. Coachspeak or reports directly associated with Stiechen will carry a lot of weight with me.

It helps he has big play potential.

If he plays he'll be in two of my lineups for certain. One because my last spot is down to him or Moss and the other because the option is just to sorry to not take the upside play.

Got 5 more teams with him and it's a ton of him vs Breece, Pierce, Miles Sanders and Juedy calls.

I prefer to take the approach of choosing to have a player "play his way" into my lineup but those others have not exactly been doing that but other then Sanders the other 3 for various reasons have some reason to hope for an uptick, especially Breece and Pierce. Right now leaning on only starting him over Juedy with Sanders based on practice participation but I'm very much up in the air on all of it right now.

I'm putting him in my flex over the likes of Doubs. RB's no doubt take some time getting into "playing shape" and getting used to the NFL speed, but I think he can produce right off the bat.

I don't expect him to get 20+ points first week back but would be disappointed if he got less than 15 touches.

In his first public comments since June- Colts RB Jonathan Taylor told reports "It feels really good to be healthy".

Taylor went on to say that his contract disputes were an "offseason issue" per Ian Rapoport.
Now just need to activate him for the game, and hear about his potential usage from Coaches before making an informed decision this weekend.

Last edited:
RBs are my luxury right now with Swift, Mostert, Kamara, Pierce along with JT and Moss. So I might wait a week to see how he is. Need to trade one of these guys to get a better WR3. Can only start 3 of them.

In the 2 leagues I have him he's in the lineup, but I don't have great alternatives. If I did I'd probably be cautious first game back.
same. got a couple byes, plus Chubb on IR, so he will definitely go into 1 of my flexes if he is active.

Just going to add in the excitement of his pending return maybe some of us are forgetting the matchup? I actually did and more I look at if he's active I'm only starting him two(out of 7 possible) leagues and the options are not good, Moss and Jayden Reed in PPR leagues.

I mainly hope he's active this week just to work out some rust and give me a better idea of if I want to use him in week 6 or not. I don't want to use him this week if I can help it.

Last edited:
Just going to add in the excitement of his pending return maybe some of us are forgetting the matchup? I actually did and more I look at if he's active I'm only starting him two(out of 7 possible) leagues and the options are not good, Moss and Jayden Reed in PPR leagues.

I mainly hope he's active this week just to work out some rust and give me a better idea of if I want to use him in week 6 or not. I don't want to use him this week if I can help it.
The matchup although bad on paper isn't as bad for the colts because of what Richardson brings to the table. I think it will open up running lanes for Taylor.

For me it's more about when he is active how much they plan to use him or if they make it clear.

Also, if St.Brown is out this week for some reason than I may have no choice but to roll him out due to players on bye weeks too

I'm going to agree to disagree with all of you who don't think the Titans defense is about the worst possible matchup he could have or think it matters.

I'm going to agree to disagree with all of you who don't think the Titans defense is about the worst possible matchup he could have or think it matters.

You get no argument from me that it’s a tough matchup.

However, there is a difference between assessing matchups and also thinking that matchups are overrated for lineup decisions. I might, just might, use the matchups in a close call between two marginal options on my roster. Matchups are nearly irrelevant in most other situations.

I just traded Taylor in a 14 team dynasty Full IDP Lineup.

Taylor

For

2024 1st
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
2025 2nd

Currently in 13th place at 1-3. How did I do?

I'm starting. I can live with myself if I start him and he gets 11 carries for 22 yards. I cant live with myself is he gets 20 carries for 120 yards and 2 tds. Most of us Taylor owners have been here since the beginning.

I have taylor and moss. Likely sitting moss for taylor this week and hoping for the best. My Team has too many injuries to sit both and see how this shakes out.

You get no argument from me that it’s a tough matchup.

However, there is a difference between assessing matchups and also thinking that matchups are overrated for lineup decisions. I might, just might, use the matchups in a close call between two marginal options on my roster. Matchups are nearly irrelevant in most other situations.
With RBs I'd disagree.

Every year when it comes to the stretch run in the fantasy playoffs, usually have you have the matchups you win.

With WRs? Unless it's a shadow situation, matters far less.

With RBs I'd disagree.

Every year when it comes to the stretch run in the fantasy playoffs, usually have you have the matchups you win.

With WRs? Unless it's a shadow situation, matters far less.

Okay we disagree.

I can’t follow your other two points.

“Usually have you have the matchups you win.” — ?

”Shadow situations” — ?

Never bench your studs. Especially with a guy like Taylor who can break a long TD run anytime

But in this particular case it really is if he plays how much of a workload he will get. Coming back without training camp means you are going to have to ease him in most likely, and on top of that it is a tough matchup.

Never bench your studs. Especially with a guy like Taylor who can break a long TD run anytime

But in this particular case it really is if he plays how much of a workload he will get. Coming back without training camp means you are going to have to ease him in most likely, and on top of that it is a tough matchup.
Again, I doubt this happens bc egos here are a little frayed, but as an owner of both Taylor and Moss II hope they don't activate him this week and give moss one more go against a tough D then bring Taylor back next week when he has had a little more "live reps". I doubt that is what happens, but my biggest concern here is Taylor comes in and with little "ramp up" he ends up hurting himself.

There's Revis island. And Terrell and Sauce have their own islands. Do teams have islands too?

Taylor

For

2024 1st
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
2025 2nd

For reference, I just made a trade FOR him Tuesday morning:
Gave: Late 1st + Late 2nd
Received: JT + Early 3rd
So looks like you did better.

As a Taylor owner in multiple leagues, no way I sell him for a single 1st plus later picks. Even if he crashes and burns this season, I'll take my lumps and live with it. It's not like my teams with him on them were doing that great anyway after he missed the first 4 games.

He’s totally going to save my season ( well, that’s the HOPE )

Drafted a championship team in redraft - lost Chubb and Mike Williams.

Still 2-2

I love you Jonny Taylor, please make all the touchdowns and have all the yards - plus be healthy.

Ps. I love you

Taylor

For

2024 1st
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
2025 2nd

Seems like a steal. Also seems like the other owner either thinks JT gets hurt or looked at your team and record, thought you’d have a high pick not accounting for JT making your team that much better.
Or the other team is just blowing it up.

Taylor

For

2024 1st
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
2025 2nd

Seems like a steal. Also seems like the other owner either thinks JT gets hurt or looked at your team and record, thought you’d have a high pick not accounting for JT making your team that much better.
Isn't the other team the team trading for Taylor? I took it as the OP traded Taylor away for the picks. Hard to say in a vacuum but I like the Taylor side.

Taylor

For

2024 1st
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
2025 2nd

Isn't the other team the team trading for Taylor? I took it as the OP traded Taylor away for the picks. Hard to say in a vacuum but I like the Taylor side.
I misread, I guess I meant I prefer the team getting JT; so not cascaa.

Any concerns about a very tough TEN run D and sharing time with Moss for the first game or 2? No doubt Taylor will take over and having a QB threat like Richardson is fantastic for JT - just think the first game or 2 might be slow going.

Users who are viewing this thread