What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Keaton Mitchell, BAL (1 Viewer)

Need some advice. I’m in a 10 team PPR league and I’ve already locked up a playoff berth. We start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 2 FLX. My WR’s are Lamb, Adams, Olave, D Johnson and Downs. My RBs are McCaffrey, Jacobs, Ford, and Moss. We can only roster 4 total RB’s. Would you drop Ford for Keaton Mitchell? Thanks in advance for your help!

Need some advice. I’m in a 10 team PPR league and I’ve already locked up a playoff berth. We start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 2 FLX. My WR’s are Lamb, Adams, Olave, D Johnson and Downs. My RBs are McCaffrey, Jacobs, Ford, and Moss. We can only roster 4 total RB’s. Would you drop Ford for Keaton Mitchell? Thanks in advance for your help!

I don’t feel there will ever be a lot of clarity in the Baltimore backfield barring injury.

I see Keaton as a risky option in any week but has a high ceiling if you need one as he can score on any touch.

For any of McC, Jacobs, Ford and Moss, i wouldn't have made a move for Mitchell and would rather have any of those four over him in any format except maybe dynasty, but i don't play or understand dynasty logic that much. i play in a keeper league that operates a lot more like redraft, though it's very deep.

i had Gus as my third option at RB. someone dropped Mitchell out of desperation earlier this week to make a playoff push, so i dropped Gus for him, but I'm not sure I'm happy about it. My logic was I'd never start Gus over the two RB's I have (Pollard & Kamara), so I'd rather take the chance on the higher ceiling of Mitchell.

I don’t feel there will ever be a lot of clarity in the Baltimore backfield barring injury.

I see Keaton as a risky option in any week but has a high ceiling if you need one as he can score on any touch.
That was my concern. I just dropped Mitchell for Trey McBride, who someone surprisingly dropped. My RB's are C-Mac, Eli Mitchell, Ekeler, Mostert and Jeff Wilson. But I was streaming TE's (Taysom for now, Logan Thomas prior). I figured the BAL backfield would always be split.

That was my concern. I just dropped Mitchell for Trey McBride, who someone surprisingly dropped. My RB's are C-Mac, Eli Mitchell, Ekeler, Mostert and Jeff Wilson. But I was streaming TE's (Taysom for now, Logan Thomas prior). I figured the BAL backfield would always be split.
I would have dropped Jeff Wilson 1,000 times before I dropped Mitchell.

I figure whoever the 2nd RB is for Miami (Mostert or Wilson) > Mitchell. Especially if Achane gets hurt again.

I figure whoever the 2nd RB is for Miami (Mostert or Wilson) > Mitchell. Especially if Achane gets hurt again.

Mitchell's value spikes if Edwards gets hurt (which he's kinda "due" for) as well....

Wilson Jr isn't startable absent an injury to Mostert or Achane... and even with that he's still barely a flex play.

MItchell has proven flex value even while not leading the backfield... and has shown RB1 upside.

I LOVE Mitchell as a depth stash with upside for the playoffs.

Mitchell quietly scored 10.9 in my league last week. That’s more than Warren and Connor 7.2 slightly below Breece 11.9 on my team. Dude is out scoring some starting backs. Dude quietly with limited touches is explosive I haven’t dropped him and won’t. If ravens are smart they will use him more.

Mitchell's value spikes if Edwards gets hurt (which he's kinda "due" for) as well....

Wilson Jr isn't startable absent an injury to Mostert or Achane... and even with that he's still barely a flex play.

MItchell has proven flex value even while not leading the backfield... and has shown RB1 upside.

I hear ya and agree with most of what you say. I just view whoever is the other RB in Miami (Mostert or Wilson) > Mitchell. I'd rather die with the MIA running game over the BAL one.

Now watch Mithell avg 150 and 2 TD's going forward.

I hear ya and agree with most of what you say. I just view whoever is the other RB in Miami (Mostert or Wilson) > Mitchell. I'd rather die with the MIA running game over the BAL one.

Why do you prefer the "other RB" in MIA tho?

Wilson has been the "other RB" in 3 of their 4 last games and he's averaging less than 7 points.

In the 4 games since Mitchell has returned from injury, he's averaging nearly double that... and he may be taking the RB1role WITHOUT injury.

This isn't particularly close.

Down to him as my last RB on the bench, might be flexing him from here on out. Could be worse, the RB waiver wire is so bare in this league my opponent had to start Patrick Taylor (GB) as his RB2 yesterday.

Wilson has been the "other RB" in 3 of their 4 last games and he's averaging less than 7 points.

In the 4 games since Mitchell has returned from injury, he's averaging nearly double that... and he may be taking the RB1role WITHOUT injury.

I prefer whoever is filing that role for Miami to Mitchell. If Mostert is healthy then I prefer him over Mitchell. If Mostert goes down then I think Wilson would step in and I'd prefer him over Mitchell. No different then I'd rather have Eli Mitchell to cuff C-Mac than Mitchell because SF running game > BAL.

I prefer whoever is filing that role for Miami to Mitchell. If Mostert is healthy then I prefer him over Mitchell. If Mostert goes down then I think Wilson would step in and I'd prefer him over Mitchell. No different then I'd rather have Eli Mitchell to cuff C-Mac than Mitchell because SF running game > BAL.
This is dependent what you are using that spot for. If you don't ever need that spot to spot start then sure take Elijah as a cuff to CMC although once the playoffs hit if you lose CMC mid game Elijah stll does you no good and the chances of winning after losing an ingame starter is fairly significant so it likely does you no good anyway.

As playoffs approach I prefer to get rid f bench to improve my starting lineup. Keaton has the upside and is earing more touches to be a great flex play with huge upside if you are a big underdog. Elijah does you absolutely nothing in a game at the moment. Not Elijah is a bit different than a Wilson in that he has shown to be a league winner if he is the guy so that upside is there. Wilson hasn't shown that in a few years AND it would require 2 injuries for him to be the guy. Keaton is far better at this stage of a season than Wilson. His upside is so much higher and his increasing touches week to week makes him a possible flex play with stand alone value. Wilson has none of that currently.

Mitchell quietly scored 10.9 in my league last week. That’s more than Warren and Connor 7.2 slightly below Breece 11.9 on my team. Dude is out scoring some starting backs. Dude quietly with limited touches is explosive I haven’t dropped him and won’t. If ravens are smart they will use him more.
Guess they are smart because they've been increasing the dudes role each and every week in a row for 5 weeks now culminating with him starting the game and leading all RB's in snaps and touches in his last game. From what I gather, the increase in his usage pattern has not reached it's crescendo yet either.

Arrow's definitely pointing up and I'll enter this week for the first time viewing him as a viable RB/flex option over players like Najee, Pickens, London,etc,etc.

This is such a weird conversation. Cutting an ascending explosive player for your playoff push? In what universe is this sound?
yep, these are the exact type of players you should be searching out for and acquiring for the stretch run. Every year someone comes out of nowhere to put up huge weeks in the playoffs. This guy shows all the signs of being one of them.

Looking to next week, I have Jonathan Taylor out, Charbonnet has an injury he's dealing with and so does Brian Robinson. I think Mitchell will be my RB2.

Hope he stays explosive and continues to take over snap %.

Looking to next week, I have Jonathan Taylor out, Charbonnet has an injury he's dealing with and so does Brian Robinson. I think Mitchell will be my RB2.

Hope he stays explosive and continues to take over snap %.
Yep, I lost Stevenson.......looks like Keaton is stepping up to the podium next week...

Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing huge potential here.

He's likely not going to keep ascending forever. Hell, he does have a very tough schedule going forward.

But that sweet potential... I'm looking forward to seeing if he can overcome it.

Keeping an eye on him for my keeper league. Dobbins is an UFA at end of season and with injury likely done or taking a back seat. Gus and Hill are both signed for cheap next year so will have to contend with them (however its clear they both have limited roles in this O) but Mitchell may be able to take hold as primary back with a strong close to the season.

Stinks for Keaton - what an absolutely electric runner. That looked like a career ender, hoping it’s a clean tear and no nerve damage.

Stinks for Keaton - what an absolutely electric runner. That looked like a career ender, hoping it’s a clean tear and no nerve damage.
Afraid it's likely an ender for his roster spot on my dynasty teams. Picked him up in several leagues, smaller roster format(FFPC) and was already stressing in some leagues how to keep him but that stress is no more. Probalby going to actually cut him this week in a league, IR spot is full so my only reason to keep him another week was if I wanted to block someone from being able to stash him in the off-season, and that's no goal of mine.

Sucks big time for the kid, real life sucks considering the fairly small career earnings.

I think this dude was going to take over as Baltimore's RB1 sooner than later and had the ability to be one of the scarier big-play threats at RB.

Such a shame. Injuries this late in the year suck so much too as he will miss most if not all of next season won't he?

Users who are viewing this thread