What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rachaad White, TB (1 Viewer)

Vaughan and Jones have/had no bearing whatsoever on how White ends up as a pro. If he hits or busts it won't be because of them. They want him to be involved in the passing game and he profiles as a 3down back. Most of us have been talking about him for several months now. I expect LF to be the guy and FWIW I do think the weight issue is a real issue (in May) so hedging by taking late shares of White seems like a no brainer. Yeah maybe Vaughan would be the guy if LF goes down but I would say not if White flashes. 

Vaughan and Jones have/had no bearing whatsoever on how White ends up as a pro. If he hits or busts it won't be because of them. They want him to be involved in the passing game and he profiles as a 3down back. Most of us have been talking about him for several months now. I expect LF to be the guy and FWIW I do think the weight issue is a real issue (in May) so hedging by taking late shares of White seems like a no brainer. Yeah maybe Vaughan would be the guy if LF goes down but I would say not if White flashes. 
Vaughn also hasn't looked great at any point I've seen him so far.  I think you're correct both about LF's weight (though it is very early) and White's projected usage. 

But if LF shows up to actual training camp around 245-250, and sheds 10-ish lbs, that will all be a non-factor. It will be LF dominating touches and the rest getting what they get. 

Was hoping to get him as a cuff for LF but he got snagged early in the 10th round by another team. (as their 1st RB taken which, I guess, is a real commitment to the zero RB strategy).

FFPC, ME, Slow Draft

Boy did he look good last night. Smooth.
9 touches and 45 yds, 2 catches mixed in there. I'm sure Fournette is the lead back but it would be nice if the Bucs had an RB2 that made some hit pause or at least start asking if they shouldn't be a bigger part of the Offense. Brady will know how to use him and he will be unseating Bernard who did very little with his touches last night.

White seems like the clear RB2 and CoP Back for the Bucs. I liked him coming out of the Draft and a solid passing game with a lot o f weapons at receiver should help open up some huge running lanes.

Vaughn who I have liked was held to 1.9 ypc despite the TD
Bernard 2.7 ypc, getting old and was a big fan when he left NC, got to watch him take on the Hurricanes his last season and thought he could have a solid NFL career.
Kenjon Barner I don't expect to make the team but he also was under 3 yds a clip on the ground

White 4.6 ypc without the best OL in front of him.

Was hoping to get him as a cuff for LF but he got snagged early in the 10th round by another team. (as their 1st RB taken which, I guess, is a real commitment to the zero RB strategy).

FFPC, ME, Slow Draft
Seems more of an obsession than a commitment :lol:

Thought White looked really good, and you can already tell he has some nice hands on his catches. Would be cool to see him carve out a role this season.

All of his touches:

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/SigmundBloom
Sigmund Bloom
@SigmundBloom
Breer not the first one to suggest this Re: White. Can't be good for Fournette, and White carries a nice combo of bye/injury/emergency PPR value and LF injury upside

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
3) Rookie RB Rachaad White will have a role. In NE, Brady always had really good third-down backs, and White might be the best pass-game RB he's had as a Buc.
4) Rookie TEs Cade Otton and Ko Kieft bear watching. Staff is ramping them up, depth could be pivotal behind older TEs.

Bucs RB Rachaad White had six carries for nine yards in Saturday's preseason finale against the Colts.​

It closes an up-and-down preseason for White, who finishes with 60 yards on 19 carries while catching 4-of-5 targets for 32 yards. White lost a fumble last week and has seen his effectiveness drop the past two games. White played in front of Ke'Shawn Vaughn this preseason and looks to be ahead of an injured Giovani Bernard, giving him the edge for the Bucs' pass down role. White has a path to Week 1 snaps if Bernard is released at final cuts.
Aug 28, 2022, 9:39 AM ET

I’ve really come around to liking White as a lottery ticket if Fournette goes down.

Watched some of his college and preseason highlights and he runs strong and has great hands.

He’s virtually free in redraft.

I’ve really come around to liking White as a lottery ticket if Fournette goes down.

Watched some of his college and preseason highlights and he runs strong and has great hands.

Is he the #2? I thought he was further down the depth chart.

Is he the #2? I thought he was further down the depth chart.

Listed as the RB2

Bucs RB Rachaad White is listed as the No. 2 running back on the team's unofficial depth chart heading into Tampa's Week 1 matchup against the Cowboys on Sunday.​

Giovani Bernard is listed as the No. 4 back, with Ke'Shawn Vaughn in third. If the Bucs were to reduce Leonard Fournette's snap share, as Greg Auman said that they'd prefer to do yesterday, White would seem to be in line for real snaps on a good offense. More importantly, White has league-winning upside if Fournette gets hurt. He remains one of the more intriguing bench rosters in fantasy.
SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twtter
Sep 6, 2022, 1:12 PM ET

So this dude was dropped in my league. I feel like he has the potential to be a league winner if Fournette goes down who already slightly tweaked his hamstring on Sunday. I'm just wondering if he is worth the high waiver priority that I have attained or risk seeing if he doesn't get claimed. A lot of my league mates are up at the crack of dawn for work and are snipers as well. :lol:

Last edited:
So this dude was dropped in my league. I feel like he has the potential to be a league winner if Fournette goes down who already slightly tweaked his hamstring on Sunday. I'm just woindering if he is worth the high waiver priority that I have attained or risk seeing if he doesn't get claimed. A ot of my league mates are up at the crack of dawn for work and are snipers as well. :lol:
I don’t know you league parameters or who is in your roster but yeah you should roster him. I think he’s going to be a second half of the season fantasy starter.

Rachaad White rushed three times for six yards and a touchdown in Tampa's Week 4 loss to Kansas City, adding five catches for 50 yards on five targets.​

It was by far the most run White has seen over the first four games, and he got the goal-line work with the offense in the third quarter. Tampa OC Byron Leftwich seems to have followed through on his promise to get White more involved in last week's press session. Whether that stands in a more competitive game, we don't know yet, but White at least has a FLEX heartbeat heading into Week 5's matchup against the Falcons.
Oct 2, 2022, 11:42 PM ET

I'm going without a TE this week to keep him around in my short bench league...
He’s a free agent in my league and almost went no kicker to do the same, but I’m 1-4 and need to win, so can’t take the risk.

Can’t figure out how to get this guy on my squad, but know I need him.

Rachaad White rushed four times for 12 yards in the Bucs' Week 6 loss to the Steelers, adding three receptions for 11 additional yards.

White's seven touches were his fewest in three weeks. With the Bucs rarely in something resembling positive game script, White got out-touched 27-7 by Leonard Fournette. White has established himself as an elite insurance back, but his standalone value is that of a desperation PPR FLEX option for teams crushed by bye weeks and injury.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Rachaad White rushed six times for 24 yards in Tampa's Week 7 loss to Carolina, adding one catch for eight yards.

He was more impressive than that line looked because he also took a seven-yard loss on an early carry where two different Panthers defenders were in the backfield before White even had the football. He continues to work into the Tampa rotation, but Leonard Fournette holds the important third-down role and it will be hard for White to manage standalone value without an injury. He'll be a desperation FLEX next week against the Ravens on TNF.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Rachaad White rushed four times for 19 yards in the Bucs' Week 8 loss to the Ravens, adding three receptions for 24 additional yards.​

With the Bucs' offense in disarray, White was out-touched 12-7 by Leonard Fournette but generated just 15 fewer yards. He once again appeared to be the back with more juice. Coach Todd Bowles talked earlier this week about needing to get White more touches. With 10 days to plan for Week 9 against the Rams and mired in a three-game losing streak, perhaps a greater White commitment will finally be in the offing.
Oct 28, 2022, 12:21 AM ET

I'm going without a TE this week to keep him around in my short bench league...
He’s a free agent in my league and almost went no kicker to do the same, but I’m 1-4 and need to win, so can’t take the risk.

Can’t figure out how to get this guy on my squad, but know I need him.
I've been carrying him for a few weeks. Still waiting for it to pay off. Really playing the injury game with him. As bad as the Bucs have been, they are still the favorites to win their division. I can't see them giving him anymore than 40% of snaps.

The Athletic's Greg Auman writes "the momentum will likely be with" Rachaad White at the end of the season in Tampa's backfield.​

This is in a column with five predictions for the rest of the Buccaneers season, and Auman believes that despite the snaps being in Fournette's favor again in Week 9, "that will continue to change if Fournette underperforms." We haven't exactly seen the kind of game-changing scenario that you likely bought into with White as a bench stash -- Tampa's offense has not lived up to their part of the bargain and the run blocking has been bad -- but White has steadily gained on Fournette over the last month.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Nov 8, 2022, 1:13 PM ET

Rachaad White rushed 22 times for 105 yards in the Bucs' Week 10 win over Seattle.​

White earned the start over Leonard Fournette in this game. Fournette would eventually go down with a hip injury, allowing White to close out the contest as Tampa Bay's lead back. Before Fournette left, White had 11 touches to Fournette's 14. Ke'Shawn Vaughn only earned three touches after Fournette went down. The Bucs are on bye next week, so they may be able to get Fournette back in the lineup for the next appearance. If he isn't able to go, White would have RB1 potential versus the Browns.
Nov 13, 2022, 12:47 PM ET

The Athletic's Greg Auman believes Rachaad White will retain the Bucs' starting job when the team returns from its Week 11 bye.​

"Who gets more touches [between White and Leonard Fournette] the rest of the way hinges on who produces," Auman added in a Twitter post. White started for Tampa in Week 10 against the Seahawks, rushing 22 times for 105 yards. Fournette missed much of the second half with a hip injury that is not expected to be serious, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. White could be on the verge of relegating Lombardi Lenny to RB2 duties and should be rostered in all leagues.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
Nov 15, 2022, 9:11 AM ET

I've already started Stevenson and Barkley, and Etienne is waiting in the flex

White will have to wait another week

Of course the week White finally has the job to himself the moment I been waiting for in 26 of my leagues it is a non bye week that already had 6 teams play I don't even have room now to start him in a few leagues but will be starting him in many. Couldn't ask for a better matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread