What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sean Tucker, TB (1 Viewer)

Medically cleared and 100% ready to go for camp.

Time for me to get back on the :drive:.

I can't remember many times when there's been such a stark difference between my take on a player vs. the draft capital spent to obtain him. My eyeballs say he was a high day 2 guy. Maybe even a late 1st rounder. Instead he's a street UDFA. Maybe it was the health stuff. Maybe teams just didn't love the tape. Maybe a bit of both. Gonna be an interesting one to follow.

Where would I rank him in dynasty? Just high enough to get him in almost every draft, whatever that entails. If his rookie draft ADP is late 3rd then I'll take him mid 3rd. If his startup value is 15th round then I'll take him 14th. No need to go crazy and burn high picks on him, but relative to other people in his ADP neighborhood, I'm going to be happy bidding above asking price. Lots of upside. Not a huge amount of risk, given the low entry price.

If you have him, shop him.

There's a flame war going on in my league as the current Tucker owner is offended at a trade offer someone else made for Tucker. I had to check and make sure it was the UDFA from Syracuse.

There's a flame war going on in my league as the current Tucker owner is offended at a trade offer someone else made for Tucker. I had to check and make sure it was the UDFA from Syracuse.
Disagree here. I'd rather hold for the low investment cost. In my opinion white is not good. Tucker has a chance to carve out an early role and possibly take over later. He's different then other udfa since he would have gone in the second if his heart issue didn't pop up so close to the draft. He's healthy now. Going to be a steal.

I don't have him, but probably going to try to grab him late to handcuff White. Not that I have confidence Tucker will amount to anything, but more concerned that White may be fool's gold.

What could he possibly be moved for at the moment that would make it worth it to the owner who drafted him? All of my dynasty leagues drafted shortly after the completion of the NFL draft and I nabbed him in the 4th of each one. I wasn’t expecting much outside of the fact that he might get a chance in TB with a weak RB room. Now it looks like he might get that chance.

. Now it looks like he might get that chance

In my opinion white is not good. Tucker has a chance to carve out an early role and possibly take over later. He's different then other udfa since he would have gone in the second if his heart issue didn't pop up so close to the draft. He's healthy now. Going to be a steal
This is the current buzz on him.

This is why I shop him
Bad idea because people are skeptical. Wait until doubt is removed and get more. If he flops, what are you out, a FA pickup or late draft pick? Selling him now for mediocre value is meh IMO. I'd rather wait and see what he does in the preseason.

In my opinion white is not good. Tucker has a chance to carve out an early role and possibly take over later. He's different then other udfa since he would have gone in the second if his heart issue didn't pop up so close to the draft. He's healthy now. Going to be a steal

This is why I shop him
Bad idea because people are skeptical. Wait until doubt is removed and get more. If he flops, what are you out, a FA pickup or late draft pick? Selling him now for mediocre value is meh IMO. I'd rather wait and see what he does in the preseason.
I think he was talking about White?

This is why I shop him
Really. Where you finding skeptical?

Searching this guy on twitter one does not find a bunch of skeptical.

This is why I shop him

I guess the question is what you would deem good value to trade him away. Many probably view training camp stories as fluff. I tend to agree now is not the right time to sell if you believe in Tucker as a long play. He really hasn't done anything in reality to move him up significantly in value from a 3rd/4th round rookie flier. Even if you could get a future 2nd, is that enough... or are you willing to hold for more?

This is why I shop him

I guess the question is what you would deem good value to trade him away. Many probably view training camp stories as fluff. I tend to agree now is not the right time to sell if you believe in Tucker as a long play. He really hasn't done anything in reality to move him up significantly in value from a 3rd/4th round rookie flier. Even if you could get a future 2nd, is that enough... or are you willing to hold for more?
Me personally from a dynasty perspective if you can get a early to mid 2nd right now it would probably be worth selling. 3rd and 4th rounders in rookie drafts rarely hit so there's no point to sell that low since his draft capital would have been higher minus his temporary health issue. He would have been a early 2nd late 1st in dynasty if he was fully healthy and taken in the 2nd in the actual NFL draft.

Last edited:
Even if you could get a future 2nd, is that enough... or are you willing to hold for more?
Yes. And really, I think in many leagues someone can get it. Raise your hand if RBs are scarce and valuable.

I am having a tough time threading the needle where owners think that this UDFA has a great shot to unseat the current starter, YET don't think you can get anything for him in trade.

This is why I shop him

Skeptical from a health perspective. I don’t think people have suddenly erased that yet.

If not too revealing, could you post the details of the offer in question?

This is why I shop him

Today's fluff:

Bucs' Rookie RB Sean Tucker Could Have Big Impact

Whoops. @Faust beat me to it. Damn bots.

If not too revealing, could you post the details of the offer in question?
Someone offered a starting LB.This is an IDP league, can start 5 LB, and aggressive scoring, so not a terrible offer, but not exciting.

Tucker owner posted screen shot of trade in league chat, made obnoxious comment. Mentioned Arian Foster.

Yes, Tucker owner is a tool.

I want tucker on all my redraft teams this year. Looks good and the people in front of him don't have the juice he has.

I think at worst he is the third best RB this rookie class. If someone thinks he is better than Gibbs, I would not fault them.

Best RB on the team imo. Might be next year before he has the job though.

Yeah, if you look back on this thread, before the heart condition I had him third off the board in dynasty drafts and EBF had him way, way up there. Good on people that picked him in their dynasty drafts. He went in the range where I didn't have any picks, so I missed out.

Edmonds is hurt and he has outplayed Vaughn. He might already be the primary backup. Could carve out a nice role.

Seems like he might want to get into football shape though. He had to come out after both of his big plays last night. Looked gassed.
Vaughn is gone

Tucker went undrafted in my 10 team/10 player keeper league last night. I am the Rachaad White owner, and am considering grabbing him when waivers open. I would have to drop either Gainwell, Elijah Mitchell or Mostert though. Thought Mostert, but after Achane got hurt last night not sure I have the room for Tucker at this time. :(

July 24:

Bucs RB Sean Tucker wasn't drafted. Now medically cleared, rookie says he's 'ready to go'

Excerpt:

"I'm looking forward to it," Tucker said of training camp and preseason. "With all the things that have been going around, being able to put that aside and showcase and remind people what I bring to the table and what I can do, that's high on my priority list. I'm 100 percent, ready to go."

After being passed over in the draft, Tucker chose the Bucs over his hometown Ravens as well as the 49ers and Packers, having spent much of this spring training in the Fort Lauderdale area and "falling in love" with the state and its warmer weather. To help land him, the Bucs gave him a guaranteed $155,000, which amounts to less than a year on the practice squad or a few weeks on the active roster, and a financial commitment comparable to a late sixth-round pick.

Tucker, 5-foot-10 and 215 pounds, has a chance to help the Bucs improve on what was the worst run game in the NFL last season, ranking last in yards per game and yards per carry. Leading rusher Leonard Fournette was released and remains unsigned, and while there's excitement around second-year back Rachaad White, Tucker is competing with newcomer Chase Edmonds (245 rushing yards in 2022) and fourth-year back Ke'Shawn Vaughn (72 yards from scrimmage last year), with a good chance to stick on the 53-man roster.

He hasn't worn it except on the sidelines at practice, but Tucker's jersey number is a source of personal pride — he'll wear 44, a number famous in Syracuse football lore, having been worn by legendary running backs Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little, among others.

In 2021, Tucker rushed for 1,496 yards in 12 games, earning All-America honors and setting the Orange's single-season rushing record, better than any of those players had ever totaled in one year. He topped 1,000 yards against last year, scoring a combined 23 touchdowns in his last two seasons.

"It's definitely a legendary number in the Syracuse community," said Tucker, who also ran track at Syracuse between his final two seasons, running the 60 meters in 6.9 seconds. "There's a legacy behind that number, and for me to be able to wear it in the NFL, I want to try to carry on that tradition the best that I can, to be the best version of myself that I can."

It isn't easy for undrafted rookies to make an NFL roster, let alone a defending division champion trying to make it back to the playoffs for a fourth consecutive year. But Tucker has a good chance, having found a situation where he can not only make the cut, but make an impact as a rookie if everything goes right.

"You have to come to work every day with an attitude and that hunger in yourself to show the coaches and the team what you bring, that you belong there," he said. "You have to show you can help the team out and be there throughout the season."

Matt Waldman
#Buccaneers RB Sean Tucker avoids the penetration, breaks a tackle, and turns the corner on the safety. Nice juice,

Jeremy @PopesFFH
Sean Tucker is making a strong case to be the RB2 in this Bucs backfield (not surprised uber-talented player).

Here is his screen play from last night.

Does a good job at the catch point helping continue to push the defenders leverage outside, then cuts inside and follows

Edmonds is hurt and he has outplayed Vaughn. He might already be the primary backup. Could carve out a nice role.

Seems like he might want to get into football shape though. He had to come out after both of his big plays last night. Looked gassed.
Vaughn is gone
Could be. I expect they’ll keep 4 RBs though. Vaughn still has a year left on his deal.

Either way. Tucker will be the backup at minimum before the middle of the season. If White falters he could carve out a timeshare at minimum.

Matt Waldman
#Buccaneers RB Sean Tucker avoids the penetration, breaks a tackle, and turns the corner on the safety. Nice juice,

Jeremy @PopesFFH
Sean Tucker is making a strong case to be the RB2 in this Bucs backfield (not surprised uber-talented player).

Here is his screen play from last night.

Does a good job at the catch point helping continue to push the defenders leverage outside, then cuts inside and follows
Those plays are nice. My only concern here is that Tampa Bay already has a guy who can make those same exact plays.

The guy they took in the 3rd Round #91 overall last year. He has an entire highlight film of jukes, broken tackles, vision, finishing runs, and pass catching ability. He has a beautiful stiff arm in there too where he throws Seattle DB Diggs to the ground with ease. These are against actual NFL defenses as well, not against preseason players.

Love Tucker but it's a long hill to climb and I'm not convinced he's "better" than White. White averaged 3.7 YPC last season, which admittedly is trash, but Tucker is averaging 3.6 YPC in preseason.

So if it's a knock for White it's also a knock for Tucker.

Last edited:
Love Tucker but it's a long hill to climb and I'm not convinced he's "better" than White. White averaged 3.7 YPC last season, which admittedly is trash, but Tucker is averaging 3.6 YPC in preseason.

Sample size of 13 carries vs. 129 carries.

YPC is meaningless when you're looking at the equivalent of two quarters of reps.

YPC is meaningless when you're looking at the equivalent of two quarters of reps.

That's fine. I'm not here to argue, I can only analyze the stats that are in front of me. If you want to to treat Tucker's 13 carries like they never happened, that's your right as an American. I count them and eagerly await for him to put up more numbers for a more complete picture.

Everything else I said is still true (that which is not subjective).

That's fine. I'm not here to argue, I can only analyze the stats that are in front of me. If you want to to treat Tucker's 13 carries like they never happened, that's your right as an American. I count them and eagerly await for him to put up more numbers for a more complete picture.

It's just math, small sample size much less predictive.

It's just math, small sample size much less predictive.

I get it. We want to fawn over the eyeball test but ignore the early stats. I'd rather judge the guy as the process progresses instead of wait until he has "enough carries". There's no "wrong way" to analyze talent. It's all very subjective anyway.

It was more of a defense of Rachaad than anything. I'm not saying that Tucker stinks, just that he has not yet done anything more impressive than Rachaad White yet (the 3rd round RB drafted last year he needs to beat out). Even if it's just 13 carries.

We can nitpick about how many carries are enough or we can have a conversation based on merit as to why we think this guy will beat out the incumbent.

the 3rd round RB drafted last year he needs to beat out

You're saying third-round RB like his position is cemented in stone because of it. Third round backs are notoriously risky as propositions. From Trey Sermon as the most recent example back through the past ten years, third round RBs don't have a great fantasy hit rate. They get replaced quickly. Second round gives you more capital and more of an argument, but third is pushing it. There's really not too steep a capital investment there.

the 3rd round RB drafted last year he needs to beat out

You're saying third-round RB like his position is cemented in stone because of it. Third round backs are notoriously risky as propositions. From Trey Sermon as the most recent example back through the past ten years, third round RBs don't have a great fantasy hit rate. They get replaced quickly. Second round gives you more capital and more of an argument, but third is pushing it. There's really not too steep a capital investment there.

Run a historical analysis and let me know if 3rd Round RB are more or less successful than UDFA.

I get that you guys like Tucker but I'm not having this conversation. If two guys are equal talents and one was taken in the 3rd and has a year in the system and the other guy is undrafted and still learning the system... I'm siding with the pedigree and burnt draft capital.

If third rounders are dispensable as you say, then an UDFA is even more dispensible.

I get that you guys like Tucker but I'm not having this conversation. If two guys are equal talents and one was taken in the 3rd and has a year in the system and the other guy is undrafted and still learning the system... I'm siding with the pedigree and burnt draft capital.
All evidence points to White getting a full shot at being the lead back. So if he’s good, you’ll end up being correct - and he may very well be good. I thought the others were more saying if White fails then Tucker may get a shot. So not necessarily Tucker beating out White, but White failing to hold off Tucker. I have one share of Tucker but as a fourth round rookie pick, I’m more hopeful than convinced.

Run a historical analysis and let me know if 3rd Round RB are more or less successful than UDFA.

Oh, they stick more in the league, but on a case-by-case basis, third rounders get disposed of right quick when there is an ascendant talent. It's not a first-round investment in a player with guaranteed money and time. And Tucker didn't get drafted solely because of his medicals. Otherwise, people were talking about him in the second or third. So the talent is there.

And it's not that everybody "likes Tucker." It's not that the ownership/GM rate of Tucker in here is any higher than normal.

It's that people think he's a better back. The proof will be in the pudding, as they say.

Users who are viewing this thread