What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs to exploit avoid Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I know you folks needed something to read and do while you wait around till 5:00 for a 4 day weekend :D

New England (8-2) at Detroit (2-8) (+7) (51)

I look at this game and I ask myself how is a team like new England who rates in the middle of the pack in rush offense, pass offense, rush defense…they are statistically middle of the road in just about everything yet they are tied for the best record in football. They have neither big play WRs or lightning fast RBs. Here is what New England does really well on offense…they don't turn the ball over. Oakland ha the 2nd best rushing offense in the NFL yet 25 times they have fumbled the ball including times they recover their own fumbles but 25 times…wanna take a guess how many times the Pats have put the ball on the ground thru 11 games? 6!!! That's right Oakland has fumbled it 4 times more than the Patriots. And Tom Brady has only been intercepted 5 times on the season compared to 14 by Dallas and New Orleans and 16 by Eli manning and the Giants. Indy lost last week because they turned the ball over. If you take care of the football you have a chance to beat the Pats but they play like a tennis wall and put everything back in play while waiting for you to make a mistake.

BJGE/Woody – It's a good match up but remember, the Pats are not terrific at doing anything. Either one in a flex spot would be a decent play IMO.

Jahvid Best/Maurice Morris – I would avoid this if you can this week. I expect Detroit to throw it a lot to try and stay in the game.

Final Score: New England 27…Detroit 17

New Orleans (7-3) at Dallas (3-7) (+3.5) (50)

Dallas was able to cut their rush yards allowed from a 6 game stretch of 150 per game to the last 2 weeks of only about 85 yards. That is a big difference and Garrett is supposed to be the offensive guy. The Saints have been playing better but they are not bulletproof. Dallas is a proud team at home on Thanksgiving and I can't see them just rolling over for the Saints. This is also the 1st game in awhile where they are underdogs at home.

Ivory/Bush/Jones/Kermit the Frog/George Rogers – Just watch the IR but it seems like Ivory is a pretty solid part of this. Bush keeps pulling up gimpy and being a scratch. He took a really hard injury in SF earlier this season and until he can make the starting roster, log in at least 30-45 snaps, I wouldn't even look his way at rolling him into your line up. Ivory will not have a great day and overall I would try and avoid this for now.

Felix Jones/MB III – Felix was marginal last week, about 10-11 in PPR formats tops. MB III was not much better, in fact worse but this continues to be a black hole for owners.

Final Score: Dallas 24…New Orleans 21

Cincinnati (2-8) at NY Jets (8-2) (-9) (43)

The Bengals give up about 120-140 yards a game on the ground most of the time. This looks like a nice match up for the Jets. Cinci season has been over for weeks but they really laid down like dogs after getting up on Buffalo 28-7 last week. It has got to be the stinko to have to travel in NYC for Thanksgiving and then have to face a jets team that will likely kick your tail all over the field. You want to think the Bengals would want some revenge for the Jets ousting them from the playoffs but they haven't shown a backbone all season so why would it start now?

Cedric Benson – nice game last week but Buffalo is a lot different than the Jets. I wouldn't say he totally whiffs but I would not be expecting huge numbers from him.

LaDainian Tomlinson/Shonn Greene – They are getting a fairly even split this week and since Cinci is below par at stopping the run I would probably think about both of them depending on your overall team. Neither has had a great week lately as the Mark Sanchez show continues to roll on. Cinci is banged up in their secondary and entire defense but look for big plays to set up short fields and TDs for these guys.

Final Score: New York 31…Cincinnati 21

Minnesota (3-7) at Washington (5-5) (-2.5) (43)

The Vikings have said good bye to Brad Childress and now Leslie Frazier the token Rooney Rule interviewer for many franchises over the past 3-4 years will take over as interim head coach. The players will respond and this game will likely be close. I don't see a ton of points here on either side as the game could get a little ugly. The Vikes simply do not have passing weapons right now to exploit the Skins and Washington has a very up and down offense that plays rather choppy most of the time.

Adrian Peterson – You can't sit him and there really is not a good reason to do so anyways.

Keiland Williams – Seems to be the only healthy RB in Washington. Not a great game last week but an admirable job against a decent rush defense in the Titans. Flex possibilities here.

Final Score: Minnesota 19…Washington 15

Pittsburgh (7-3) at Buffalo (2-8) (+6.5) (43)

The Bills have been making owners happy for the past many weeks. The Steelers realize what is at stake and beat a decent Oakland team at home like a drum last week. The Steelers are starting to find some rhythm on offense and I don't expect that to change this week.

Rashard Mendenhall – He has not been spectacular since Big Ben took over but he has 4 TDs the last 6 games. Has not technically hit 100 yards rushing and has had a few games with ypc in the 2.5 range. Still he's solid and surely the Steelers will want to run the ball to help close the game out this weekend.

Fred Jackson – Guy was awesome last week and anyone that was reading here or FBG was alerted to him having a wonderful day for owners capped with a 2 TD performance. He has been the workhorse in Buffalo for several weeks now. This week he is going to come crashing back to Earth.

Final Score: Pittsburgh 31…Buffalo 14

Tennessee (5-5) at Houston (4-6) NL

The Titans are a complete mess right now and Rusty Smith is not the answer right now to their problems. I don't want to get into a Vince Young debate, certainly the guy needs to grow up some but I also think Fisher handled this situation poorly. One of them will not be there next year IMO. Houston has managed in a month to fall completely out of the playoff race. Sad way for such a great team on offense to end it.

Chris Johnson – Wonder if the Titans will hand it to him 30 times this week…remember when I said to pick up Javon Ringer, now might be a great time to ensure you have him for the next 4-5 weeks.

Arian Foster – Whether Houston is in it or not he is going to find points. He had another strong game last week. Look for him to put his stamp on this offense down the stretch to ensure whoever takes over as HC in 2011 wants to keep him as the starter.

Final Score: Houston 24…Tennessee 17

Jax (6-4) at NY Giants (6-4) (-7) (45)

If you would have told me that Jacksonville would be 6-4 with some of the performances we have seen from this team and have a chance to march into new York and win a game against an injury plagued Giants team and have a chance at sole possession of the AFC South Thanksgiving Weekend…I would have said you're nutty as a fruitcake. The Giants and the Jags might set the single season record for most turnovers in a football game. Look for the 2nd coming of the game hot potato in this one. The two teams have combined for a total of 55 in 10 weeks. Add in some inclement weather and we might have the 2010 football follies highlight reel all in this 1 game.

MJD – Has been on fire lately. With the Jags actually in the playoff hunt to boot he should see a ton of touches down the stretch.

Bradshaw/Jacobs – You would think the running game would be a factor with the injuries. Bradshaw laid a mighty turd this past week and a few owners in my leagues lost by just a handful of points because of him. Bradshaw should rebound nicely.

Final Score: New York 25…Jacksonville 22

Carolina (1-9) at Cleveland (3-7) (-11) (37.5)

Goodman – I would consider starting him. While Cleveland is playing inspired this is not a terrible match up for RBs.

Hillis – Just like last week, guy has entered studville for now.

Final Score: Who cares? Cleveland 19…Carolina 16

Tampa Bay (7-3) at Baltimore (7-3) (-8) (41)

I was brutal on TB last week and I was pretty off on the game against SF. That said I once again would call for them to be run out of the building this week. I base it on the fact they have lost badly to good teams like Pitt and NO at home. They hung in there against Atlanta but they have not beaten anyone on the same level as Baltimore. When they lose their RBs don't usually have a good day.

L.Blount/Cadillac – Not a fan this week.

Ray Rice – Great match up. Frank Gore didn't exploit this last week and McCoy has been better but the Bucs can be run on. I will point though that since the Bucs went thru a stretch of allowing totals of 201, 149, 212, and 161 they have brought that down to an avg of about 105 over the past 4 weeks so they are showing improvement. They have a real task this week keeping Rice in check and I put my money on Rice.

Final Score: Baltimore 27…Tampa Bay 14

Philly (7-3) at Chicago (7-3) (+3.5) (42)

Philly is on a roll (steak n cheese) and Chicago is pretty overrated from what I saw against Miami last week when I did the game recap. I like Philly to win this game fairly easily and expose Chicago as a playoff challenged team rather than a challenging for the playoffs team(You didn't think of it).

LeSean McCoy – Running yards will be tough but he is a dual threat. Look for him to be a decent RB2 this week.

Matt Forte – Had a strong performance last week but I look for Philly to shut him down and the passing attack of Chicago which has almost no weapons at WR.

Final Score: Philly 30…Chicago 16

Green Bay (7-3) at Atlanta (8-2) (-2.5) (47.5)

This is likely a playoff preview and both teams are playing at a high level so it should be one of the more entertaining games this weekend. The Packers have been stingy on rush defense the last 2-3 games. The Falcons also have held teams to under 100 yards rushing in 6 of their last 8 games. At some point I expect the gloves to come off and for the passing game of both teams to take over. Green Bay might have to adjust going inside the dome but they have a lot of speed in Jennings, Jones, and Nelson so look for some big plays in this one.

Brandon Jackson – He should be good for somewhere in the 10-15 range. Last week was not terrific but it wasn't a total bagel either in PPR formats. Flex option as always.

Michael Turner – Came on strong towards the end of the game last week and finished in the 20 point range. I expect him to be able to establish himself. Green bay is still hurting in their LB corp and Turner can exploit that.

Final Score: Green Bay 27…Atlanta 24

Miami (5-5) at Oakland (5-5) NL

Wanna see my Chris Berman impersonation? The RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAaaaaaIIIIIIiiiiiderrrrrrrsssss (work in progress) got Art Shelled last week in Pittsburgh. They come home this week to extend the Cliff Branch to the Miami Dolphins. Miami is without a starting QB and the Mercury Morris is rising in South Florida for Tony Sporano and the entire regime. Local radio wants to run everyone out of here…wonderful.

Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams – How can you trust this coaching staff after last week. Never have I seen a poorer display of coaching from top to bottom here in Miami. "Really MOP?...Wanny, Saban, Cameron." I'm telling you it was horrific. Why they would not run the wildcat of all weeks when they should have is beyond belief.

Darren McFadden – Should start to bounce back this week. Might not be a nuclear type game against Miami but a workmanlike 75-100 total yards and a TD opportunity along the way.

Final Score: Oakland 26…Miami 3

KC (6-4) at Seattle (5-5) (+1.5) (44.5)

Two teams that are leading their division but don't really stack up to the other playoff contenders right now. Seattle is a hard place to march into; if I've written it once I've written it a hundred times in here. Thru Week 6 Seattle was allowing 70 yds a game on rush defense. Weeks 7-11 they have allowed an avg of 140 yds on the ground. Charles and Jones should have a field day this week.

Charles/Jones – It's hard to predict which one will have more at the end of the day so IMO unless you have better options, whichever one you own you better start. And Charles owners are fools if they don't keep putting him out there.

Marshawn Lynch – Will be better this week than the last 2 weeks but still probably somewhere around average.

Final Score: Kansas City 24…Seattle 20 NFC West is going to have a team 5-6 atop the division.

St Louis (4-6) at Denver (3-7) (-4) (44.5)

Will that team be Seattle or St Louis? All season I have been saying St Louis will disappoint on the road. This week I have a feeling they learn the lessons from earlier in the year and pull off a mild upset on the road. They have a lot to play for and are hungrier than the Broncos right now. The Rams the last 7 weeks have allowed under 90 yds rush avg per game. The Broncos can't run the ball with any kind of consistency one drive to the next. Meanwhile outside of the KC enigma 2 weeks ago they have allowed rushing totals of 121, 233, 129, 328, 143, 147 the last 6-7 weeks.

Steven Jackson – Big week for him on the road. BIG WEEK for him this week on the road.

Noshawn Marino – Can't spell, must have started drinking the egg nog a little early. You do have copious amounts of egg nog to keep you sedated while the in laws in town right? Moreno will do his usual 15/60 on the ground but I don't think he finds pay dirt this week.

Final Score: St Louis 23…Denver 17

San Diego (5-5) at Indy (6-4) (-3) (52)

Crayton is OUT, Gates probably is OUT, Mathews could be OUT, VJax might be ready to roll, and Indy had open tryouts on Monday for anyone that would like to join the team as a receiver. Word is they found a couple homeless outside the Oil Dome that can stand in as slot guys for Manning this week. Marvin Harrison might need to suit up soon.

Mike Tolbert – Guy was awesome this apst week and I expect San Diego to continue with him for now. Why go away form a good thing?

Darren Sproles – I like him because San Diego is short handed at WR. Look for some underneath stuff here and a decent flex option.

Brown/James – Can't see endorsing Addai until he is ready to take at least 50-60% of the snaps and I don't think he is there yet. Let's discuss this situation with the Indy homers on the board. I'm open to suggestions if you have some info to share here.

Final Score: Indy 30...San Diego 24

San Fran (3-7) at Arizona (3-7) (+1) (40)

Winner will have the inside track to be 1 game out of 1st place. Are they really wasting our time on MNF with this game? Jiminy jumped up Christmas why do we have to watch this?

Frank Gore – What a disappointment you were last week. Would seem on the surface this a good match up but the Niners have disappointed us all season. I'm not even sure if they went 7-9 and somehow made the playoffs if you can justify Singletary being the starting HC.

THT/Chris Wells – See my Awesome Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing recipe in the FFA, it's delicious. I would hate to have to rely on these guys for much.

Final Score: San Fran 11…Arizona 8

I wanna wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Like many of you I will be away from the computer quite a bit over the next many days. Enjoy your time with your loved ones and friends. It's been a lot of fun this year and I'm thankful to have an audience to share this with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember who it was but someone posted in the Green-Ellis thread after Sunday's game that he's the next Ryan Grant. A RB nobody ever seems to like much or believe in but just goes out and gets it done. I like that comparison.

He has looked terrific the last two weeks. He has scored in six of the past eight games. In one of the games he didn't score, he dropped 123 yards on the Steelers. He's essentially had one bad game in half a season. Yes I'm a biased BGE owner but I'm liking him more and more and maybe he could be the next Ryan Grant and become a rock solid RB2 beyond this season. I'm starting him with confidence this week as my RB2 in what should be another winnable matchup for him and the Pats.

Oh, I hope you're right about Steven Jackson and in terms of the matchup you should be. I still haven't gotten over watching the Rams phase him out of a Must Win game against the Falcons last Sunday for reasons nobody will ever be able to adequately explain to me.

Felix Jones did not practice the last two days.

Keiland Williams has some new guy to deal with (Cleveland castoff), so I'd be cautious expecting him to get a big workload.

Great work MOP. Have a great Turkey day everyone. WE have a lot to be Thankful for. Unless you drafted a TE in the top 5 rnds like I did. Grrr. :wall:

Jones-Drew v Bradshaw thoughts? Maybe Peterson v Bradshaw instead? Pick two?

Jones-Drew has been putting up good points the last couple weeks, I can't bring myself to bench him. In the same token Bradshaw laid an egg last week and wasnt a superstar the week prior. Peterson hasn't been worth a damn the last couple weeks. There's a few angles that come into play. Does MIN under Frazier make use of the best talent on their roster more readily than Chilly did? Does Bradshaw get a ton more carries on account of the decimated WR corps? Or does the running game get 8 in the box because of the NYG passing game struggles? Jones-Drew facing a good defense has me a little bit concerned as well.

I think right now I am going to roll with Jones-Drew and Peterson. The NYG gameplan is a huge question mark in my mind. Who knows how much the WR injuries will affect gameplanning on both sides. I think leavig Bradshaw on the bench until we find out isnt a bad idea. Jones-Drew has been on a heater. And you never leave the table when you are on a heater. While Peterson has been a relative dud the last couple of weeks, I think I have more confidence in him putting up a big game than I do Bradshaw at the moment. Frazier taking over is a question for sure, but I think Peterson is due.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Great work as usual, MOP.

Jones-Drew v Bradshaw thoughts? Maybe Peterson v Bradshaw instead? Pick two?Jones-Drew has been putting up good points the last couple weeks, I can't bring myself to bench him. In the same token Bradshaw laid an egg last week and wasnt a superstar the week prior. Peterson hasn't been worth a damn the last couple weeks. There's a few angles that come into play. Does MIN under Frazier make use of the best talent on their roster more readily than Chilly did? Does Bradshaw get a ton more carries on account of the decimated WR corps? Or does the running game get 8 in the box because of the NYG passing game struggles? Jones-Drew facing a good defense has me a little bit concerned as well. I think right now I am going to roll with Jones-Drew and Peterson. The NYG gameplan is a huge question mark in my mind. Who knows how much the WR injuries will affect gameplanning on both sides. I think leavig Bradshaw on the bench until we find out isnt a bad idea. Jones-Drew has been on a heater. And you never leave the table when you are on a heater. While Peterson has been a relative dud the last couple of weeks, I think I have more confidence in him putting up a big game than I do Bradshaw at the moment. Frazier taking over is a question for sure, but I think Peterson is due.Any other thoughts would be appreciated.Great work as usual, MOP.
Peter and Drew. Bradshaw might not get as much air support for now. Well written post.

Jones-Drew v Bradshaw thoughts? Maybe Peterson v Bradshaw instead? Pick two?Jones-Drew has been putting up good points the last couple weeks, I can't bring myself to bench him. In the same token Bradshaw laid an egg last week and wasnt a superstar the week prior. Peterson hasn't been worth a damn the last couple weeks. There's a few angles that come into play. Does MIN under Frazier make use of the best talent on their roster more readily than Chilly did? Does Bradshaw get a ton more carries on account of the decimated WR corps? Or does the running game get 8 in the box because of the NYG passing game struggles? Jones-Drew facing a good defense has me a little bit concerned as well. I think right now I am going to roll with Jones-Drew and Peterson. The NYG gameplan is a huge question mark in my mind. Who knows how much the WR injuries will affect gameplanning on both sides. I think leavig Bradshaw on the bench until we find out isnt a bad idea. Jones-Drew has been on a heater. And you never leave the table when you are on a heater. While Peterson has been a relative dud the last couple of weeks, I think I have more confidence in him putting up a big game than I do Bradshaw at the moment. Frazier taking over is a question for sure, but I think Peterson is due.Any other thoughts would be appreciated.Great work as usual, MOP.
Agree with you on the Giants and Bradshaw. I think I wil start Charles and Tolbert over him. I also have LT and am thinking he could also have a nice game, but dont think I can start him over those two

Michael Turner – Came on strong towards the end of the game last week and finished in the 20 point range. I expect him to be able to establish himself. Green bay is still hurting in their LB corp and Turner can exploit that.
They are hurting at one OLB spot...but the other 3 are doing just fine.Though, to add, the Packers are hurting at safety right now.Bigby just came back then hurt his hamstring last week and Peprah came out at some point last week too giving way to Jarrett Bush (ugh...great on special teams this year but his play on D has never been good).Peprah should be a go, but they are thin at safety right now.

They are hurting at one OLB spot...but the other 3 are doing just fine.Though, to add, the Packers are hurting at safety right now.Bigby just came back then hurt his hamstring last week and Peprah came out at some point last week too giving way to Jarrett Bush (ugh...great on special teams this year but his play on D has never been good).Peprah should be a go, but they are thin at safety right now.
It seems like Turner's pattern this year has been to follow a big game with a relative stinker (almost exactly, if you count the bye), so I'm leery of starting him this week in place of backs like Charles or McFadden. But, as soon as I subscribe to that, he'll go off for multiple TDs and 100+ yards.

It seems like Turner's pattern this year has been to follow a big game with a relative stinker (almost exactly, if you count the bye), so I'm leery of starting him this week in place of backs like Charles or McFadden. But, as soon as I subscribe to that, he'll go off for multiple TDs and 100+ yards.
And while GB has allowed 112 rushing yards a game, they have only given up 4 rushing TDs on the year.Though, Atlanta's offense is quite good...so that could change.

And while GB has allowed 112 rushing yards a game, they have only given up 4 rushing TDs on the year.Though, Atlanta's offense is quite good...so that could change.
Atlanta offense is humming so they cant stack the line.....Turner gets a ton of carries....love him down the stretch

Great write-up. Two questions:

1) Bradshaw has more fumbles than any RB in the league - thoughts on Coughlin working in Jacobs to a greater extent, and impact on Bradshaw this week if this happens?

2) Greene fumbled last week and basically got benched for the rest of the game (although it was in the 4th quarter). Thoughts on impact to him / LT?

Seven Above said:
Great write-up. Two questions:

1) Bradshaw has more fumbles than any RB in the league - thoughts on Coughlin working in Jacobs to a greater extent, and impact on Bradshaw this week if this happens?

2) Greene fumbled last week and basically got benched for the rest of the game (although it was in the 4th quarter). Thoughts on impact to him / LT?
Coughlin announced Jacobs as the starter. It could get interesting in NY.http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=572566

I realize this is a fantasy football team that is centered around offense, but how on earth anyone can come out and be that down on a team that just delivered, IIRC, the first shut-out of the season, I just don't get. C'mon Man!!

Forte will have a good game receiving

It's Goodson in Carolina

Prognosis on Felix and Bradshaw too rosy given recent news (hurt and benched respectively)

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what happened to Gore last week. Achieving 2 ypc against that defense is really worrisome. Actually wondering if I should bench him for Steve Johnson.

I realize this is a fantasy football team that is centered around offense, but how on earth anyone can come out and be that down on a team that just delivered, IIRC, the first shut-out of the season, I just don't get. C'mon Man!!Forte will have a good game receivingIt's Goodson in CarolinaPrognosis on Felix and Bradshaw too rosy given recent news (hurt and benched respectively)I'd like to hear your thoughts on what happened to Gore last week. Achieving 2 ypc against that defense is really worrisome. Actually wondering if I should bench him for Steve Johnson.
Any news on the Brown/Addai/Hart split this week or is Brown on his own again? Makes a huge difference.

Prognosis on Felix and Bradshaw too rosy given recent news (hurt and benched respectively).
Felix played after that injury this past week, it's doubtful he will miss this game. However, I can see Garrett spelling him more frequently, making none of the Dallas RBs worth much from a FF pov... Though that's pretty much in line with the OP anyway.

Frank Gore deserves the green font imHo. Your focusing too much on his last game. He's been a stud all season, is playing one of the worst rush defenses in the league, and he had just 12 carries last week. I'm expecting 25+ carries this week, and a couple TDs, and possibly being the #1 RB of the week.

We shall see I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread