What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Red Dog - Unofficial Staff vs. Posters (1 Viewer)

What's the over/under on how long we'll be waiting on "Shake-n-Bake" Jake Bachman?
SJax2 usually comes on after work 4:00 EDT
I put his pick in. We're back in business.
I vote you in as new commish
:cry: 2 week ban, i will not tollerate mutineers
Your getting soft in your old age...
fine, your out.........we have 1 open team......now accepting applications
you are mean! does that mean he cant trade his rc picks?

What's the over/under on how long we'll be waiting on "Shake-n-Bake" Jake Bachman?
:cry: 2 week ban, i will not tollerate mutineers
no aj, he cant :cry:

:lmao: 2 week ban, i will not tollerate mutineers
no aj, he cant :bowtie:
AJ is ned? :shock:

:lmao: 2 week ban, i will not tollerate mutineers
no aj, he cant :bowtie:
AJ is ned? :shock:
Laces OUT!

reddog update.....after 2 weeks..........combined staff record is 3-7..........hahahahah......loosers!!!
you helped start up a 4-sport dynasty league and then bail after one year?shame on you.
nice diversion......uber just became to much, i couldn't work with kraft anymore, hes just too bossy and mean
:shrug: In english please.
the 4 sport league aaron mentioned was called ubermegadynastitty, it was a cluster f where each team had 3 owners and we drafted from all 4 sports......individually wrapped kraft singles was on my team and he is mean and bossy, so we parted ways :shrug:

reddog update.....after 2 weeks..........combined staff record is 3-7..........hahahahah......loosers!!!
you helped start up a 4-sport dynasty league and then bail after one year?shame on you.
nice diversion......uber just became to much, i couldn't work with kraft anymore, hes just too bossy and mean
:confused: In english please.
the 4 sport league aaron mentioned was called ubermegadynastitty, it was a cluster f where each team had 3 owners and we drafted from all 4 sports......individually wrapped kraft singles was on my team and he is mean and bossy, so we parted ways :boxing:
sissy

the 4 sport league aaron mentioned was called ubermegadynastitty, it was a cluster f where each team had 3 owners and we drafted from all 4 sports......individually wrapped kraft singles was on my team and he is mean and bossy, so we parted ways :excited:
ullillilllia will never forgive you. quitter.

back to the league.......so far the no rbs i am carrying is hurting me much.....probably because alot of the rbs are struggling right now......i fully expect my luck to change

Ok...I'm bored. I'll break down my thought process...though my thought process should be considered "Pay" material. :)

QB - Brees, Simms, DJ Shockley, Jared Lorenzen

** I gave up my 4.06 and 5.16 to move up to 2.16 to take Brees. He was the 2nd highest scoring QB (after Peyton) in this format. He's only 28 I believe and is just hitting his prime.

When I picked Simms, I thought he had the better upside for what was left (C-Pep, Grossman, Frye, Kitna, Plummer, ..etc). I prefer potential over star names or older, deteriorating veterans. Though now, it seems like that may not have been the way to go since Gruden appears to be searching for a new QB.

Shockley could end up being Vick's successor..."could". He has a similar skillset but is more accurate. Schaub will be gone next year if not this year.

Lorenzen...meh. Potential. Cannon arm and deceptively quick and nimble for his size. He's the #2 behind Eli and I've heard the staff likes him.

RB - Maroney, C. Taylor, Rhodes, Fason, Ross

** Maroney reminds me of SJax1 (not SJax2). Quick and powerful. Good hands and decent blocker. I was actually targeting Addai but he went right before my pick. I'm happy with Maroney as well. He's only 22 years old.

C. Taylor was hand picked by Childress to be his guy. And he proved it even to a fault last year perhaps. Taylor is a dual threat in that he is a good receiver as well. I'm hoping that the O-line will gel this year and will be as dominant on the field as it is on paper. A veteran QB won't hurt either.

Rhodes was good value for where I got him in the draft. I'm not expecting too much out of him. If he signs somewhere to be a #1 then that is a bonus...but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe a decent bye week filler.

Fason if Taylor falters, Fason could pick it up. He's been experimented with as a goalline back and had moderate success. Still young and just needs a legitimate shot.

Cory Ross...who knows. He was my last pick and put up some great #'s at Nebraska. I decided I wanted on the midget RB bandwagon that appears to be sweeping the NFL (he's 5'6" 206 lbs). A poor man's MJD?

WR - Stallworth, Muhammed, Jenkins, Wilford, Copper, Obomanu, Mathis

** Stallworth was the last startable #1 WR left when I took him. He has star power if he could stay healthy.

Muhammed was my vet pick. He's still the reliable #1 in Chi-town.

Jenkins has great ability and potential and I'm hoping the new spread offense will improve his numbers. He may have been a bit of a reach, but like I said...potential.

Wilford was more of a homer pick. He's a good WR but he's not very fast. More of a posession guy. He does better with Lefty and Matt Jones is inconsistent and should be moved to TE if ya ask me.

Mathis is my kick returner...Oh...we don't start kick returners? Damn...that was a bad pick then. Actually, he's a burner and maybe, just maybe could be the #2 in Houston. OK...maybe #3 then. Potential.

Copper is at worst the #3 in NO and their spread offense. They put up lots of points and could be a good 1-2 punch for me with Brees.

Obomanu...I really don't know much about him but Pasquino convinced me to take him. Everything I've read about him has been positive. Maybe the next Colston?

TE - Heap, Troupe

** Heap was the #3 TE in this format and has averaged around 70 rcpts the last 5 years or so. McNair and Boller love him so either way it's a win win for me. At 1.5 points a pop...he's golden.

Troupe...we'll see. He has the ability and potential to be great, but he needs to earn the trust of Young.

LB - Kirk Morrison, EJ Henderson, Stephen Tulloch, Freddie Kieaho, David Thornton, Napoleon Harris, Dontarrious Thomas, Jordan Beck

I could have an extremely productive group of LB's here if everything works out as expected.

** Kirk Morrison is the MLB on a young and surprising defensive squad. They'll spend alot of time on the field due to the growing pains of their offense.

EJ Henderson had over 100 tackles last year from his OLB spot and may move to middle with the departure of Harris. Another young guy.

Stephen Tulloch takes over for the recently departed Sirmon. People have high hopes for this tackle machine. He may only be a 2 down backer though. We'll see.

Keiaho could be a clone of June. Another quick scat backer that can cover the whole field. Dungy seems to have faith in him so I'm expecting 100+ tackles from him for years to come.

Thornton is only 28 and had over 100 tackles from his OLB spot in Tennessee. Let's see, Thornton and Bulloch each had over 100 tackles but the MLB didn't? Looks like they covered up a weak spot. A solid veteran tackler.

Napoleon Harris is being wine and dined by teams like Tampa, Kansas City, and Miami. I'd love to see him in Tampa or KC as the MLB. He was highly regarded but seems to have had some trouble repeating his sophomore year numbers. He needs to be in the right system but he certainly has ability.

Dontarrious Thomas was a freak coming out of college but hasn't seen much time in the NFL. I wonder if it's psychological or system related? He should see more playing time with Harris gone. He may be the one that ends up playing MLB in Minny.

Jordan Beck - I love his measurables. He's a big guy and has playmaking ability. A foot injury has held him back and may have lost faith in himself since the staff has been hesitant to use him. I'm hoping for an emergence from him since Hartwell has been a bust. Beck is only 24 years old too! He was a late pick with upside.

DE - Schobel, Freeney, B. Thomas, Geathers, Tuck

** Schobel is self expanatory. Double digit sacks 3 of the last 4 years. He also has 2 good DE's that rotate in to keep him fresh. He turns 30 later this year but I should still get 2 more solid years from him.

Freeney slipped a lot I think due to his down year. He's young and motivated now that they won the "Big Game" (patent pending). He returned to his usual self during the playoffs so I'm hoping for him to pick up where he left off this year. Mathis on the other side should keep him from getting double teamed.

B. Thomas - This may have been a mistake. I didn't realize that he is actually an OLB on a 3-4 but shows as a DE on NFL.com. If they don't tinker too much with the defense, I don't see why he couldn't repeat 8+ sacks again.

Geathers...10 sacks! Are you kidding me? He's my 4th DE! Thanks for letting him fall to me guys! Another young guy that should produce for years to come.

Tuck was a late round pick for me with upside. Strahan has to retire soon and I expect Tuck to get more time this year if he has healed fully. Another athletic freak to add to my arsenal.

CB - Spencer, Jackson, Foxworth, Vasher, Williams, Cromartie

** I never wanted 6 CB's really I didn't...it just so happens that Jackson MIGHT get moved to Safety, as well as Foxworth now that Bly is in town. Freakin' suxor!

Spencer recently signed a 5 year extension and has been solid.

Jackson has great measurables but is a bit of an unknown since no one knows what position he'll be playing at for sure next year. I like his potential.

Vasher was a pro-bowler two years ago and had 8 picks as a sophomore. He has a super supporting cast and should atleast maintain his productivity.

Williams was another college stud highly touted in the draft. Injuries set him back but I'm hoping he'll live up to his hype and should get picked on alot playing across from DeAngelo which means good tackle numbers and pick opportunities.

Foxworth - I have man love for Foxworth but he can't seem to get a starting chance in Denver. I made this pick assuming he'd be the corner across from Champ. Now that is Bly's job. I regret this pick now.

Cromartie is more of an insurance pick as well as a homer pick (GO 'NOLES!). Was drafted on his speed only pretty much since he didn't even play that much in college. He should be a starter in SD this year.

S - Schweigert, Page, Pool, Allen

** Schweigert is my kinda guy. He looks like a mormon but plays like a southern baptist. Was highly regarded coming out of Purdue and was considered the best safety in college. Solid play maker with great tackle numbers. I have him in several other leagues as well.

Page is soon to be the starting safety in KC. Solid playmaker that plays the entire field. I also own him in several leagues.

Pool is a guy I didn't know much about but from what I read he's pretty solid. Was versatile enough to play corner and didn't even start until a few games into the season. The fans and coaching staff seems to have warmed to him and hopefully he'll be a staple in their lineup.

Allen - I didn't know much about this guy either except that it must have sucked for him to have to cover for Jermaine Phillips. He's young and if Jermaine Phillips can stay a starter, I think he's safe.

Overall, I like my depth (except for QB and TE), but I always have the draft (which is my bread'n'butter thanks to KCBOB's rankings.)
Let's see...since our rookie draft is finished here is what my team currently looks like...a little nip and tuck:QB - Brees (B-U-S-T!), Simms (clinging on for dear life), Jamie Martin (a 40 year old backup as Brees "insurance"), and Gradkowski (I'm desperate)

RB - Maroney ( :lmao: :hophead: ), Chester Taylor (drafting before the NFL draft sucks!), D. Rhodes (nothing like drafting a guy that gets suspended after he was promised a chance to start!), Kenny Irons (cue ambulance siren), Brian Leonard (the guy has all the tools...but he'll probably end up being phased out soon).

WR - MAJOR SUCKAGE! I didn't catch a break with any of these goons! Stallworth (the NFL FA period KILLED his value. Went from the #1 in NE to now the #5 or 6 option in that offense!), Moose...has just really looked bad this year. I was hoping to atleast get one more year out of him. Michael Jenkins...so much for that spread offense that Petrino was supposed to use. What's he got...1 reception in 2 games? :X Brian Clark, Taylor Jacobs, Terrence Copper...None contributors...just like my "starters"!

TE - Heap - he's getting the targets...just needs to hold on to the ball! Dan Campbell = worthless!, Ben Troupe (see Dan Campbell)

K - Rian Lindell - kicks for a pathetic offense. Unfortunately the defense is pathetic too!

DT - Marcus Stroud - picked him up off the scrap heap...doing well so far.

DE - Geathers - one good game, Freeney - picking up where he STARTED off last year...overrated!, Schobel - Mr. Invisible., Reggie Hayward - over achieved last year. Justin Tuck - Meh.

LB - This is probably my only fairly strong spot. Kirk Morrison, EJ Henderson, Keiaho, Nap Harris, David Thornton, John Digiorgio, Justin Durant

CB - Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Nathan Vasher, Marcus McCauley, Leon Hall, Travis McDaniels

S - Schweigert, Page, Pool, Ryan Clark

After 2 weeks my team is 0 - 2 and it appears that I may be playing for the #1 pick overall next year.

What I've learned:

I will never join a league that has their Veteran draft prior to the NFL draft again! Never trade up to get a QB!

Don't draft any player from the Pats team unless their name is Brady or now...MOSS!

God this sucks!

Ok...I'm bored. I'll break down my thought process...though my thought process should be considered "Pay" material. :)

** I gave up my 4.06 and 5.16 to move up to 2.16 to take Brees. He was the 2nd highest scoring QB (after Peyton) in this format. He's only 28 I believe and is just hitting his prime.

When I picked Simms, I thought he had the better upside for what was left (C-Pep, Grossman, Frye, Kitna, Plummer, ..etc). I prefer potential over star names or older, deteriorating veterans. Though now, it seems like that may not have been the way to go since Gruden appears to be searching for a new QB.

Shockley could end up being Vick's successor..."could". He has a similar skillset but is more accurate. Schaub will be gone next year if not this year.

Lorenzen...meh. Potential. Cannon arm and deceptively quick and nimble for his size. He's the #2 behind Eli and I've heard the staff likes him.

** Maroney reminds me of SJax1 (not SJax2). Quick and powerful. Good hands and decent blocker. I was actually targeting Addai but he went right before my pick. I'm happy with Maroney as well. He's only 22 years old.

C. Taylor was hand picked by Childress to be his guy. And he proved it even to a fault last year perhaps. Taylor is a dual threat in that he is a good receiver as well. I'm hoping that the O-line will gel this year and will be as dominant on the field as it is on paper. A veteran QB won't hurt either.

Rhodes was good value for where I got him in the draft. I'm not expecting too much out of him. If he signs somewhere to be a #1 then that is a bonus...but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe a decent bye week filler.

Fason if Taylor falters, Fason could pick it up. He's been experimented with as a goalline back and had moderate success. Still young and just needs a legitimate shot.

Cory Ross...who knows. He was my last pick and put up some great #'s at Nebraska. I decided I wanted on the midget RB bandwagon that appears to be sweeping the NFL (he's 5'6" 206 lbs). A poor man's MJD?

** Stallworth was the last startable #1 WR left when I took him. He has star power if he could stay healthy.

Jenkins has great ability and potential and I'm hoping the new spread offense will improve his numbers. He may have been a bit of a reach, but like I said...potential.

Wilford was more of a homer pick. He's a good WR but he's not very fast. More of a posession guy. He does better with Lefty and Matt Jones is inconsistent and should be moved to TE if ya ask me.

Mathis is my kick returner...Oh...we don't start kick returners? Damn...that was a bad pick then. Actually, he's a burner and maybe, just maybe could be the #2 in Houston. OK...maybe #3 then. Potential.

Copper is at worst the #3 in NO and their spread offense. They put up lots of points and could be a good 1-2 punch for me with Brees.

Obomanu...I really don't know much about him but Pasquino convinced me to take him. Everything I've read about him has been positive. Maybe the next Colston?

TE - Heap, Troupe

** Heap was the #3 TE in this format and has averaged around 70 rcpts the last 5 years or so. McNair and Boller love him so either way it's a win win for me. At 1.5 points a pop...he's golden.

Troupe...we'll see. He has the ability and potential to be great, but he needs to earn the trust of Young.

LB - Kirk Morrison, EJ Henderson, Stephen Tulloch, Freddie Kieaho, David Thornton, Napoleon Harris, Dontarrious Thomas, Jordan Beck

I could have an extremely productive group of LB's here if everything works out as expected.

** Kirk Morrison is the MLB on a young and surprising defensive squad. They'll spend alot of time on the field due to the growing pains of their offense.

EJ Henderson had over 100 tackles last year from his OLB spot and may move to middle with the departure of Harris. Another young guy.

Stephen Tulloch takes over for the recently departed Sirmon. People have high hopes for this tackle machine. He may only be a 2 down backer though. We'll see.

Keiaho could be a clone of June. Another quick scat backer that can cover the whole field. Dungy seems to have faith in him so I'm expecting 100+ tackles from him for years to come.

Thornton is only 28 and had over 100 tackles from his OLB spot in Tennessee. Let's see, Thornton and Bulloch each had over 100 tackles but the MLB didn't? Looks like they covered up a weak spot. A solid veteran tackler.

Napoleon Harris is being wine and dined by teams like Tampa, Kansas City, and Miami. I'd love to see him in Tampa or KC as the MLB. He was highly regarded but seems to have had some trouble repeating his sophomore year numbers. He needs to be in the right system but he certainly has ability.

Dontarrious Thomas was a freak coming out of college but hasn't seen much time in the NFL. I wonder if it's psychological or system related? He should see more playing time with Harris gone. He may be the one that ends up playing MLB in Minny.

Jordan Beck - I love his measurables. He's a big guy and has playmaking ability. A foot injury has held him back and may have lost faith in himself since the staff has been hesitant to use him. I'm hoping for an emergence from him since Hartwell has been a bust. Beck is only 24 years old too! He was a late pick with upside.

** Schobel is self expanatory. Double digit sacks 3 of the last 4 years. He also has 2 good DE's that rotate in to keep him fresh. He turns 30 later this year but I should still get 2 more solid years from him.

Freeney slipped a lot I think due to his down year. He's young and motivated now that they won the "Big Game" (patent pending). He returned to his usual self during the playoffs so I'm hoping for him to pick up where he left off this year. Mathis on the other side should keep him from getting double teamed.

B. Thomas - This may have been a mistake. I didn't realize that he is actually an OLB on a 3-4 but shows as a DE on NFL.com. If they don't tinker too much with the defense, I don't see why he couldn't repeat 8+ sacks again.

Geathers...10 sacks! Are you kidding me? He's my 4th DE! Thanks for letting him fall to me guys! Another young guy that should produce for years to come.

Tuck was a late round pick for me with upside. Strahan has to retire soon and I expect Tuck to get more time this year if he has healed fully. Another athletic freak to add to my arsenal.

** I never wanted 6 CB's really I didn't...it just so happens that Jackson MIGHT get moved to Safety, as well as Foxworth now that Bly is in town. Freakin' suxor!

Jackson has great measurables but is a bit of an unknown since no one knows what position he'll be playing at for sure next year. I like his potential.

Vasher was a pro-bowler two years ago and had 8 picks as a sophomore. He has a super supporting cast and should atleast maintain his productivity.

Williams was another college stud highly touted in the draft. Injuries set him back but I'm hoping he'll live up to his hype and should get picked on alot playing across from DeAngelo which means good tackle numbers and pick opportunities.

Foxworth - I have man love for Foxworth but he can't seem to get a starting chance in Denver. I made this pick assuming he'd be the corner across from Champ. Now that is Bly's job. I regret this pick now.

Cromartie is more of an insurance pick as well as a homer pick (GO 'NOLES!). Was drafted on his speed only pretty much since he didn't even play that much in college. He should be a starter in SD this year.

** Schweigert is my kinda guy. He looks like a mormon but plays like a southern baptist. Was highly regarded coming out of Purdue and was considered the best safety in college. Solid play maker with great tackle numbers. I have him in several other leagues as well.

Page is soon to be the starting safety in KC. Solid playmaker that plays the entire field. I also own him in several leagues.

Pool is a guy I didn't know much about but from what I read he's pretty solid. Was versatile enough to play corner and didn't even start until a few games into the season. The fans and coaching staff seems to have warmed to him and hopefully he'll be a staple in their lineup.

Allen - I didn't know much about this guy either except that it must have sucked for him to have to cover for Jermaine Phillips. He's young and if Jermaine Phillips can stay a starter, I think he's safe.

Overall, I like my depth (except for QB and TE), but I always have the draft (which is my bread'n'butter thanks to KCBOB's rankings.)
Let's see...since our rookie draft is finished here is what my team currently looks like...a little nip and tuck:QB - Brees (B-U-S-T!), Simms (clinging on for dear life), Jamie Martin (a 40 year old backup as Brees "insurance"), and Gradkowski (I'm desperate)

RB - Maroney ( :yes: :thumbup: ), Chester Taylor (drafting before the NFL draft sucks!), D. Rhodes (nothing like drafting a guy that gets suspended after he was promised a chance to start!), Kenny Irons (cue ambulance siren), Brian Leonard (the guy has all the tools...but he'll probably end up being phased out soon).

WR - MAJOR SUCKAGE! I didn't catch a break with any of these goons! Stallworth (the NFL FA period KILLED his value. Went from the #1 in NE to now the #5 or 6 option in that offense!), Moose...has just really looked bad this year. I was hoping to atleast get one more year out of him. Michael Jenkins...so much for that spread offense that Petrino was supposed to use. What's he got...1 reception in 2 games? :) Brian Clark, Taylor Jacobs, Terrence Copper...None contributors...just like my "starters"!

TE - Heap - he's getting the targets...just needs to hold on to the ball! Dan Campbell = worthless!, Ben Troupe (see Dan Campbell)

K - Rian Lindell - kicks for a pathetic offense. Unfortunately the defense is pathetic too!

DE - Geathers - one good game, Freeney - picking up where he STARTED off last year...overrated!, Schobel - Mr. Invisible., Reggie Hayward - over achieved last year. Justin Tuck - Meh.

LB - This is probably my only fairly strong spot. Kirk Morrison, EJ Henderson, Keiaho, Nap Harris, David Thornton, John Digiorgio, Justin Durant

CB - Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Nathan Vasher, Marcus McCauley, Leon Hall, Travis McDaniels

After 2 weeks my team is 0 - 2 and it appears that I may be playing for the #1 pick overall next year.

What I've learned:

I will never join a league that has their Veteran draft prior to the NFL draft again! Never trade up to get a QB!

Don't draft any player from the Pats team unless their name is Brady or now...MOSS!

God this sucks!
I dont think I have ever used this, but does it fit? :shock:

TE - Heap, Troupe

RB - Maroney ( :hot: :rant: ), Chester Taylor (drafting before the NFL draft sucks!), D. Rhodes (nothing like drafting a guy that gets suspended after he was promised a chance to start!), Kenny Irons (cue ambulance siren), Brian Leonard (the guy has all the tools...but he'll probably end up being phased out soon).

WR - MAJOR SUCKAGE! I didn't catch a break with any of these goons! Stallworth (the NFL FA period KILLED his value. Went from the #1 in NE to now the #5 or 6 option in that offense!), Moose...has just really looked bad this year. I was hoping to atleast get one more year out of him. Michael Jenkins...so much for that spread offense that Petrino was supposed to use. What's he got...1 reception in 2 games? :X Brian Clark, Taylor Jacobs, Terrence Copper...None contributors...just like my "starters"!

What I've learned:

God this sucks!
I dont think I have ever used this, but does it fit? :P
But yes, drafting before the NFL draft adds a HUGE obstacle.

I will never join a league that has their Veteran draft prior to the NFL draft again!
Im not sure what the problem is here. IMO, it just adds another level of skill - you have to be able to know which players are good enough that the team would never spend a high draft pick at their position, and which players are decent statistically, but barely over replacement value in reality. Taylor was one of those replaceable players and it wasnt that difficult to see during Vikings games. Competent, but not a guy that makes a team feel like they're set at the position for the next 5 years.

I will never join a league that has their Veteran draft prior to the NFL draft again!
Im not sure what the problem is here. IMO, it just adds another level of skill - you have to be able to know which players are good enough that the team would never spend a high draft pick at their position, and which players are decent statistically, but barely over replacement value in reality. Taylor was one of those replaceable players and it wasnt that difficult to see during Vikings games. Competent, but not a guy that makes a team feel like they're set at the position for the next 5 years.
This may be true. But there is no way in H - E double hockey sticks that I can devote the time that it takes to dig up miniscule tidbits from every teams roster that would give you the inside track to foreseeing a player of AP's caliber dropping all the way to #8! I feel fortunate being able to find out the small stuff I do discover (mostly from this site).From what I saw of Chester last year...he was that teams ONLY offensive player! Add in the fact they had just brought him in to be their main ball carrier. And then after he did a solid job...they draft another RB when they needed help elsewhere.Granted, had AP fallen to me...I would have tripped over myself to draft him (real NFL). But smarter minds than myself didn't have him falling that far.And what about the Donte Stallworth scenario? Who predicted that? I'm just saying that I will shy away from joining leagues that draft the Vets prior to the FA period settling down. Oh...and did I mention my team sucks? ;) :lmao:

week 2 roster and update on how i feel about my team

http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2007...F=0001&O=07

qbs - peyton, delhomme, kellen, rodgers, gray, sorgi

love it, don't feel i need jake and am currently trying to shop him, looking for some sort of offensive prospect, but having a hard time finding something i like

rbs - tatum, turner, peterson (chi), selvin, bradshaw, harrison, russell, andre hall, dwayne wright (taxi), chris taylor (ir)

:puke: tatum is hardly servicable and will becoming even less so in the coming weeks, long term i hope turner can pull this group up some cause imo the 08 1st i have (faletti) will be no better than say 1.08 at best........i think i have some mild sleepers but will take some serious fantasy shakeups for any of them to be productive

wrs - calvin!!!, boldin, santana, rice (taxi), gonzalez (indy), webb, floyd, koren, stuckey (ir)

i'm happy here currently, would be nice to have more stability but love the long term prospects of this group.....with so many teams struggling at wr, i feel good about having this group

tes - gates, vernon, scaife

gates and my lbs are carrying this team right now, vernons #s havent been as expected, but i think over time that will level out, for the time being i will continue to start 2 tes since my rbs are the poop

pk - reed

dt - cornelius

de - strahan, edwards, brown, alama-francis

adequate group i guess, i am trying to find a new home for strahan and brown as i dont see them in my long term plans, edwards has been a very pleasant surprise, thanks chaos for the heads up

lb - ruud, cooper, wilhelm, bryan thomas, jamar williams, odell, hodge (ir)

been happy with the production of cooper/ruud, after that i feel i'm hurting, i'm trying to round out hte end of this group off the ww and finding it increasingly difficult

cb - fernando bryant, david barrett, ty law, pacman

s - whitner, huff, james butler

feel good about the future, and dont feel at that big of a disadvantage at the present

at the start of the draft i knew i was going to be hurting at rb, i wanted as many picks in the top 75 picks as possible, i have played this format before and knew te and wrs could carry me for the most part, so far things have gone as expected, i am taking a year 2 approach and trying to make the moves that make the most sense for making a push next year.........carrying odell and pacman is starting to get old, but they should be contributors next year, i hope........i currently am sitting on 1 08 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds......items i want to address are lb depth, any servicable rb and more wr prospects

do i regret taking calvin over ap? somewhat, but my wr depth allowed me to turn roy williams into peyton

Look at it this way Warpig, you will have favorable draft position for years to come!!
That's what I'm looking forward to! :thumbup:
I'm afraid AJ has you beat on that one, bud.
hasn't AJ traded away all his picks by now?
Have you checked out the draft picks he has? He practically owns next year's first round. Yeah he trades his picks, but only to trade up.Edit- here they are:
Code:
Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from AJ Moura   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Derek Tonn   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jeff Pasquino   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Aaron Rudnicki   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jake Bachman   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Chris Overton   Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Terry Winfree   Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick   Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Brian Smith   Year 2008 Round 5 Draft Pick from Alex Fernandez

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at it this way Warpig, you will have favorable draft position for years to come!!
That's what I'm looking forward to! :confused:
Have you checked out the draft picks he has? He practically owns next year's first round. Yeah he trades his picks, but only to trade up.Edit- here they are:
Code:
Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from AJ Moura   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Derek Tonn   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jeff Pasquino   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Aaron Rudnicki   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jake Bachman   Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Chris Overton   Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Terry Winfree   Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick   Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Brian Smith   Year 2008 Round 5 Draft Pick from Alex Fernandez
:goodposting: wow. I hadn't seen that. that's hilarious. he must love next year's draft class.

That's what I'm looking forward to! :lmao:

Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from AJ Moura Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Derek Tonn Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jeff Pasquino Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Aaron Rudnicki Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jake Bachman Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Chris Overton Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Terry Winfree Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Brian Smith Year 2008 Round 5 Draft Pick from Alex Fernandez
:excited: wow. I hadn't seen that. that's hilarious. he must have painted himself into a corner
fixed

That's what I'm looking forward to! ;)
Code:
Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from AJ Moura    Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick    Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Derek Tonn    Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jeff Pasquino    Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Aaron Rudnicki    Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jake Bachman    Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick from Chris Overton    Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Terry Winfree    Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Nick Chadick    Year 2008 Round 3 Draft Pick from Brian Smith    Year 2008 Round 5 Draft Pick from Alex Fernandez
lots of good young rc players next year.

I'm not usually one to point out my team with some "look at me" comments, but I couldn't help but notice this:

Team Jeff Pasquino

RB1: Brian Westbrook (84.9) (#1 RB)

RB2: Lamont Jordan (68.6) (#2 RB)

RB3: Marion Barber (66.1) (#3 RB)

Now I know that the league is IDP and there are tons of points, but I don't think I've ever seen a team have RBs 1-2-3 in a Dynasty League, especially in a first year.

However it winds up I thought it was interesting.

I'm not usually one to point out my team with some "look at me" comments, but I couldn't help but notice this: Team Jeff Pasquino RB1: Brian Westbrook (84.9) (#1 RB) RB2: Lamont Jordan (68.6) (#2 RB) RB3: Marion Barber (66.1) (#3 RB) Now I know that the league is IDP and there are tons of points, but I don't think I've ever seen a team have RBs 1-2-3 in a Dynasty League, especially in a first year. However it winds up I thought it was interesting.
:ptts: :confused:

Sigmund Bloom said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
boy did my team score a boatload of points this week.
I highly doubt that record ever gets broken. :lmao:
Ironically enough, that's what I said about Alex's 299 point performance one week ago. Sick. Great week, Aaron. :unsure:

I'm not usually one to point out my team with some "look at me" comments, but I couldn't help but notice this: Team Jeff Pasquino RB1: Brian Westbrook (84.9) (#1 RB) RB2: Lamont Jordan (68.6) (#2 RB) RB3: Marion Barber (66.1) (#3 RB)
Making the right decision each week on RB2??

I'm not usually one to point out my team with some "look at me" comments, but I couldn't help but notice this:

Team Jeff Pasquino

RB1: Brian Westbrook (84.9) (#1 RB)

RB2: Lamont Jordan (68.6) (#2 RB)

RB3: Marion Barber (66.1) (#3 RB)

Now I know that the league is IDP and there are tons of points, but I don't think I've ever seen a team have RBs 1-2-3 in a Dynasty League, especially in a first year.

However it winds up I thought it was interesting.
When do we get to see the Jeff King posts?Oh that's right...

I'm not usually one to point out my team with some "look at me" comments, but I couldn't help but notice this: Team Jeff Pasquino RB1: Brian Westbrook (84.9) (#1 RB) RB2: Lamont Jordan (68.6) (#2 RB) RB3: Marion Barber (66.1) (#3 RB) Now I know that the league is IDP and there are tons of points, but I don't think I've ever seen a team have RBs 1-2-3 in a Dynasty League, especially in a first year. However it winds up I thought it was interesting.
LOOK AT ME, I AM SMART.

Jeff Pasquino said:
:unsure:

Well, Carlos was lucky enough to pull a rabbit's foot out of his a## and go undefeated for the title this year, well done! Next year will be a different story! Love me some offseason!

*****2008 Update*****

ok, we lost an owner as aj moura was replaced by anthony borberly, personally i view this as a step backwards, but we'll see what borberly can do

here is a link to our 2008 rookie draft...started 5/5

http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=13012&O=17
You might have more credibility if you could spell my name correctly. :mellow: :shrug:
It's Brian and it's after 9:00 a.m., so he's drinking.
i wish!!!!i emailed grant, hopefully he'll reply again

Users who are viewing this thread