What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Replacement WW TE's for Gronk? (1 Viewer)

DevilintheDetail

Footballguy
Lots of WW guys out there, some of which had big weeks. Thoughts on:

Shianco/Hoo (NE)

Dallas Clark

Keller

Rudolph

Cook

M. Lewis

Dwayne Allen

BUMP...FINLEY.

No seriously, he's probably on your WW. Worth a look if Rodgers increases his targets/he gets a clue.

TEs who might be on the WW due to byes or losing faith or not big names or whatever:

Rudolph - better with Harvin out? Harvin seems to be coming back

Finley - DET game a mirage?

Myers - formerly all catches, no scores, now he's getting scores

Lewis - wasn't catching the ball, last week did - all scores, very few catches, and QB questions

Keller - see below

Gresham - I think he could be really good, CIN finally making him part of weekly gameplan

Other flyers/sleepers:

Allen

Paulsen - take a look, doing well

Ho-Ho

Moeaki

- I think this season has been payback for my having Gronk all last year, the position has been a mess. I have had and let go or traded Gresham, Fleener, Rudolph, Myers, Allen, Paulsen. Overall I have had good to great games out of all of them (and I have had a couple duds out of Fleener and Rudolph). I currently have Keller. I think next week's matchup vs NE is a good one, he went 7/93/1 vs the Pats earlier. I just don't know why the Jets have dropped him from the gameplan because at this point he and Kerley should be their most reliable receivers.

If you look at Tony Gonzalez, just like last year, he has started declining. he has had 4 mediocre weeks out of 5, and his one good one was vs the Saints D which has been a great matchup to every player at every position almost. You could actually still outscore your opponent at TE with a pickup even this late in the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know the deal with Garrett Graham of HOU? I know they have Owen Daniels but this guy was targeted nine times and had 8 catches for 82 yards and 2 touchdowns. Anybody got the scoop on the "other" Graham? You can't expect this kind of production again but is he a viable option at all?

You don't replace a TE like Gronk with a WW FA. You live with the gaping hole in your lineup that you thought was once the largest positional advantage to everyone else in the league.

That said, Pettigrew might give you a couple points here and there. Rudolph is hit or miss but may be scooped up after last week.

Anybody know the deal with Garrett Graham of HOU? I know they have Owen Daniels but this guy was targeted nine times and had 8 catches for 82 yards and 2 touchdowns. Anybody got the scoop on the "other" Graham? You can't expect this kind of production again but is he a viable option at all?
Fluke. How often does Matt Shaub throw for over 500 yards?

You don't replace a TE like Gronk with a WW FA. You live with the gaping hole in your lineup that you thought was once the largest positional advantage to everyone else in the league. That said, Pettigrew might give you a couple points here and there. Rudolph is hit or miss but may be scooped up after last week.
^true....drinking/depression is your best bet. After that, you'll have to go with a mash squad of week-to-week matchups. In my league I'm targeting Ben Watson, Shiancoe, and Garrett Graham (though Owen Daniels coming back makes him more likely to put up crappy numbers...see his weeks 1-9). I'll then be playing matchups with Ben/Shiancoe. Guys like Finley/Pettigrew/Rudolph/Allen, etc are all rostered in moderately deep leagues, so you can only pray and play TE roulette for the rest of the season...

I've just traded a Gronk owner Owen Daniels for Cecil Shorts and Scott Chandler in my PPR league. I think similar type deals will have to be done as most of the above are not on WWs.

L.Paulsen?

M.Lewis *may* be interesting with Henne?

Finley still only saw 3 targets yesterday, but Paulsen, only saw one, meh....

*EDIT: just law L.Paulsen has a sore hip. Keep an eye to see if he practices Tuesday.

I'm in a 16 team ppr league. These are the guts that are available and where I'd rank them.

1)Shancoe-lots of balls to be caught in NE. Even with Hernandez coming back

2)Lewis-Henne spells good news for him.

3)Clark-Lots of weapons in TB. Good news is The offense is firing on all cylinders. He might be 2 or 1 now that I think about it. Highest upside.

4) Watson - he just did what I thought Evan Moore could do. It's looking like Brandon has one yr to prove he can be the guy. He'll focus on whoever helps him get there. Little just got knocked one more peg down the pole .

Users who are viewing this thread